AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-14, 03:16   Link #1
viperlance

beliveable one-on-one romance

I am looking for one-on-one romance anime. Don't get me wrong, I like the one-chased-by-many romance, but it gets kinda boring after a while. So I want a change of pace and watch a believeable 1-on-1 romance like (Idont know if you guys have read this manga): Salad days.
Old 2006-01-14, 03:33   Link #2
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Hmm, you should check out some Shojou anime, the romance in most of those are usually, as you called it, one-on-one but with the usual love-triangle in the mix =P

Here are a couple of titles that come to mind:

-Peach Girl
-Honey and Clover
-Suzuka

I now I have more than this....but I can't think of anything else ._.;
Old 2006-01-14, 03:45   Link #3
viperlance

let me add one more criteria I want the anime to also be funny
Old 2006-01-14, 03:46   Link #4
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Stellvia of the universe - is one "one-on-one" anime, though it was only average for me, it's pretty popular (and still available on animesuki i think). What i didn't like about it was that it was a little too "kiddy" (the characters personalities) which meant when it came time for the emotional scenes, they were more annoying than anything else.

Also, I'd recommend His or Her circumstances (can't remember the japanese translation of the title, and i'm running 56k at the moment). It's really good, despite it's animation (which looks way older than the production year says). This ones more light hearted (some comedy) which i think is a good thing.
Old 2006-01-15, 22:09   Link #5
PureDynamo

His and Her Circumstances is called Kare Kano in Japanese, I second that recommendation. Its a little short and doesn't cover the whole story and ends a little fast, you can pick up the manga, It's being published by Tokyopop
Old 2006-01-15, 22:44   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

Here are some great romances. Their are other people involved, but the stories focus mainly around the main couple and they are wonderful love stories.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Best romance, 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The most touching love story ever between

Usagi and Mamoru (Serena and Darien). The couple is together for a long time, lots of kisses, loving moments, romance, marriage a wedding (in the manga), the perfect couple. My favorite couple. (I've been a fan since 1995) I love Tuxedo Kamen.

Fushigi Yuugi Wonderful romance between Miaka and Tamahome. Miaka and Tamahome get together. Their are many people involved, but Miaka and Tamahome are a loving couple and together for most of the series. Their are some other people involved, but they are together for a long time and have a very sweet and wonderful love story.

Ayashi no Ceres is a good manga series, the manga is good, but not the anime. It has multiple suitors, but the couple is together for a long time.

Both series are wonderful. During some parts their are other people involved with the others, but the couples are together and happy for a very long time.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-01-16 at 16:34.
Old 2006-01-15, 22:46   Link #7
Furudanuki

Two suggestions meeting your criteria that you might want to look into:

Karin -- Very funny romantic comedy featuring a high-school girl who also happens to be part of a family of vampires. The trick is, she isn't very good at being a vampire. In fact she is the almost the exact opposite of everything a vampire should be. Currently ongoing series, so I cannot promise a happy ending.

Natsuiro no Sunadokei -- This one is a short, two-episode series that mixes time travel and romance. Interesting story line and pretty animation, plus features an amazing VA cast. Do not let all the girls shown in the opening credits fool you into thinking this show will be "harem"; there is only a single love interest.
Old 2006-01-16, 23:33   Link #8
Kaiko

Ai Yori Aoshi - Although is is Harem type, the guy doesn't flake between girls. The girl isn't the average "kicks your butt I hate the main character" type of person either. Both have the correct mindset for one another. The other girls add in a lot of fun and comedy
Old 2006-01-17, 01:04   Link #9
Morisato

I wouldn't recommend Ai Yori Aoshi since all the girls like him and he already has a relationship with the main female character but they just keep secret about it. And so its very boring. It's just dragged out, and theres 2 freaking hot spring episodes.
Old 2006-01-18, 16:22   Link #10
EternityOfPain
Boss of AnimeLessons

Send a message via AIM to EternityOfPain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiko
Ai Yori Aoshi - Although is is Harem type, the guy doesn't flake between girls. The girl isn't the average "kicks your butt I hate the main character" type of person either. Both have the correct mindset for one another. The other girls add in a lot of fun and comedy
I agree, Ai Yori Aoshi is a perfect choice (although i dont agree its a harem), if afterwards you want something more on the comedy side check out Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ (sequel).
Old 2006-01-19, 07:01   Link #11
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Try Touch. It's such a realistic and awesome story it's hard to believe. The series' directing is very good. It also has sport (baseball), but its presence justifies itself for it blends in the romance story quite well. The OST and OP/ED songs are great.

One of the best ever.
Old 2006-01-19, 07:11   Link #12
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Aishiteruze Baby features a 1-1 romance, a feel good pace, it's funny and yet deep, and it's also spreaded with kawaiiness (see my current avatar )
Old 2006-01-19, 07:36   Link #13
Kyaa the Catlord

Ah! My Goddess is all about a one on one romance. (It could be a tad hard to swallow, but romantically its relatively believable if you can get past the goddess bit.)
Vandread features a one on one romance, well, several pop up. Kinda silly little show.
Maison Ikkoku is probably the best romance ever in anime.

(All of those are liscensed however.)
Closed Thread