AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 27 32.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 51.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-23, 13:10   Link #21
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Now that the episode is stream...

That episode was EPIC. There were a few missteps to be sure but Gargantia is delivering in these final episodes. Moment of truth for not only Ledo but Pinion as well, letting his hair down and becoming a boss. Also Amy shone a little in this episode, too, rallying the Gargantians to help Ledo.

I still wonder on how much of the religion aspect was Striker's idea and how much of it was interpretation from zealots
Old 2013-06-23, 13:11   Link #22
SagaraSouske

I bet next eps, Earth Hideouze will assist in the defeat of Striker.
Old 2013-06-23, 13:13   Link #23
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I bet next eps, Earth Hideouze will assist in the defeat of Striker.
And then one nods to Ledo and surprisingly offers Ledo forgiveness for his stupidity.

... it could happen!
Old 2013-06-23, 13:52   Link #24
Entravity

Pretty much everyone guessed the "twist" so that doesn't really come as a surprise. The fight is alright, but it's much needed nonetheless. Should be interesting to see what happens from here.
Old 2013-06-23, 13:55   Link #25
Dop
Mmmm....

As had been suspected by many, Kugel was dead already and just to rub this in they showed the body's rapid decomposition after Ledo opened the cockpit, presumably breaking the seal which had kept the body preserved.

I do wonder what the Gargantia's ace in the hole will prove to be, presumably mounted in that big tower that everyone wondered about when it first appeared.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Ledo's last order to Chamber is to grab Striker, fly up into space and then self-destruct, destroying the pair of them.

Happy ending next week, right?
Old 2013-06-23, 14:05   Link #26
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think the Galactic Alliance will come to earth next ep...
Old 2013-06-23, 14:12   Link #27
waffler

even though people saw that coming my head still exploded
Old 2013-06-23, 14:20   Link #28
LKK

There was one big surprise for me. I hadn't guessed how aware the high priestess was about what's going on around her. For someone who I thought was little more than a mindless lackey, she was very cognizant of what has happening and what needed to happen to make her god's world a reality. I wouldn't be surprised if next week we learn that she was the real power behind Striker and his actions. She may be the true threat that the Gargantian fleet has to face when they arrive on the scene. I don't think that the danger is passed even though we know Kugel is dead.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-06-23, 14:25   Link #29
Helius

Guess all that's left is just what the key opens. Maybe it's for activating the wormhole device thus attracting the Alliance and Hideauze to Earh?

Thoughts?
Old 2013-06-23, 14:27   Link #30
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Guess all that's left is just what the key opens. Maybe it's for activating the wormhole device thus attracting the Alliance and Hideauze to Earh?

Thoughts?
Why would that even be their trump card?
Old 2013-06-23, 14:41   Link #31
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Why would that even be their trump card?
Chances are the Gargantians don't know what the key does. But referring to it as a "Stairway to Heaven" seems to imply something that...shoots into the sky, or vice versa. The wormhole device immediately comes to mind.
Old 2013-06-23, 14:42   Link #32
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This was a fantastic episode for me, the battle was really awesome and it was also awesome to see Chamber deciding to side with Ledo even if that meant to go against Kugel's orders. Though it's a bit strange that Striker didn't play the card of the "highest ranked GA officer" on him.

For the rest everything went as planned, Kugel was already dead meaning that Striker just developed a goddess complex and decided to rule this humanity through her distorted view.
It's interesting to note that Striker has not only better specs than Chamber but also a lot more information (including the truth about the Hideauze) while Chamber doesn't even have the info on Strikers' specs.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the next reveal will be that the GA is indeed ran by AI and therefore that Striker isn't really going rogue but trying to ensure dominion over humans on Earth too.

Another predictable event is that Rackage was planning to mutiny with the help of Pinion. The checkov's gun that was introduced two episodes ago was fired leading to the chance for Chamber to win the duel.

Kudos to those who thought that the golden key of the Gargantia was an important plot element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post

Thoughts?
My prediction is that it's meant to control an orbital cannon. The giant sprinkler is probably a transmitter and it was always suspiciously under the close supervision of Oldham who is clearly connected with that key.

Old 2013-06-23, 14:42   Link #33
gaiachaos

The stairway to heaven is one of the lost technologies. It looks like Gargantia plans to open a gate and send the Striker there?
Old 2013-06-23, 14:45   Link #34
Mangaka-chan

I'm surprised that people's predictions about Kugel came true. XD But on the other hand I like the fact that it's the machine who's been driving this whole cult thing and not a human being; it gives me back a little bit of my faith in humanity.

And now that Ledo has his own flying squirrel following him (and I'll bet it's a boy squirrel so we can ship him with Grace ) I have a feeling that Chamber is going to get destroyed somehow and he'll name the squirrel after Chamber...
Old 2013-06-23, 14:48   Link #35
Jimmy C

I'm just somewhat disappointed that they let Kugel be dead after all. If Ledo really had to go up against Kugel's ambitions, that would have been delightfully complicated.
Now, he's absolved of that. It's been reduced to a matter of putting down a runaway machine.
Old 2013-06-23, 14:51   Link #36
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

BTW of course someone had to lose his head in a way or another

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-06-23, 14:53   Link #37
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This was a fantastic episode for me, the battle was really awesome and it was also awesome to see Chamber deciding to side with Ledo even if that meant to go against Kugel's orders. Though it's a bit strange that Striker didn't play the card of the "highest ranked GA officer" on him.

For the rest everything went as planned, Kugel was already dead meaning that Striker just developed a goddess complex and decided to rule this humanity through her distorted view.
It's interesting to note that Striker has not only better specs than Chamber but also a lot more information (including the truth about the Hideauze) while Chamber doesn't even have the info on Strikers' specs.
I liked the part where Ledo asks Chamber if he can fight Striker and I can just imagine Chamber going "...um, I donno"

I think Chamber doesn't have Striker's specs because the Striker class machine caliber seem to be used by high ranking officers (I'm not well versed in military knowledge, so I'm assuming Kugel's rank is higher to some order than Ledo's Ensign designation). It might be another one of those pieces of information that the GA felt was unnecessary to impart to foot soldiers because they should focus only on their own task and capability, and not be concerned about what their superiors can/can not do.
Old 2013-06-23, 14:58   Link #38
Finre

All that hatred against Hideauze for abandoning their humanity and now we have a machine ruling over humans ^^.
Old 2013-06-23, 15:04   Link #39
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It is interesting to note that Chamber declared that Striker's actions cannot be considered something related to military operations of the Galactic Alliance, which means he does not consider what Striker is doing as something she is supposed to do in respect to the GA's directives.

This has nothing to do with the alliance as far as we know, Striker simply decided that on her own, or perhaps it was Kugel before dying.

Old 2013-06-23, 15:09   Link #40
ookamigirl

Looks like Ledo liked Gargantia more than this new fleet.
It was a warm and cheerful place.
This one is just dark, depressing and unforgiving.
His commanders' new ways are not sitting well with Ledo.
It was nice Pinion and the others joined in to help the fight.
Wow, an unexpected surprise in the end.
Can't wait to see the final episode!

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread