Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-22, 11:44   Link #621
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
The Black Rock Shooter anime is too angsty and is from a franchise of ... some voicalods song, a character design by Huke and some action firgures, but it works in a sense, for Mari Okada is a damn good writer (when she wants to).
Sorry, I couldn't help but notice you said something positive, even if only somewhat, about BRS TV. I ask of you to take back your statement and forget about that abomination for as long as you live.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:45   Link #622
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Sorry, I couldn't help but notice you said something positive, even if only somewhat, about BRS TV. I ask of you to take back your statement and forget about that abomination for as long as you live.
I don't want to start a war, but I find your comment very offensive and childish, dear.

And yes, the TV Series of Black Rock Shooter has quite a lot of weak points: it feeds on angst, it's overly dramatic, it runs solely on emo teenager girls issues. But there're something it did well. The pacing is good, the animation direction is creative, the fighting scene is well made, AND MOST OF ALL, the creator knew what they're writing. Mari Okada knows she is writing an overtly angstly teenager drama and she does it. I give credit when it dues. I think Guilty Crown is decorated shit, but I would always give it credit for being a technically beautifully decorated shit.

This show, on the other hand, seems to have some serious identity crisis at the moment. The concept might be nice, but the execution is not so hot right now.

I had skimmed throught the manga, and have to say, the storytelling is better overthere. The anime should have left the majority of Momo's flashback for later.

Last edited by ndqanh_vn; 2014-04-22 at 13:03.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 14:02   Link #623
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Well, watched the first two episodes, and it was good. Maybe I'm just too used to Shaft's style... Loved the op and ed, and I also liked the banter between Momo and Hibiya, though I do agree that they should've started with Toumei Answer or Yuukei Yesterday.
Heck, as long as the doujins and fanarts keeps on coming at pixiv (kinda slows down since the end of 2013 but since the anime started, got around 170 new pages and counting, which is roughly 3400 new fanarts now in a span of two weeks), my shipper heart is more or less happy.
Old 2014-04-22, 17:52   Link #624
leorodri100

after reading the novel volume 3 and 4 so far i can say that the pacing of the novel is great and as a fan of the kagerou project for a long time i find it really interesting how we can finally have a insight on what the characters actually feel and how they interact but i digress

as a anime viewer i must say that, if i had started this series blind i would not feel so motivated to even reach the 3 episode rule but the same could be said about the manga and novel they both start at [jinzou enemy] it's a major point for jin or so i would think because he uses it as a way to connect the characters for the future stories.
even so i can understand the anger or confusion some may feel about mekakucity actors especially because the studio responsible for animation is SHAFT that usally tends to hit or miss with it's adaptation, althou many of the fans myself included adore the way shinbo presents the adaptation in a artistic way and with extreme symbolism as it was portrayed in the monogatari series but even before that in the zetsbou sensei series that formula is not perfect and it can become a thorn in the avaliation of a series

in the case of mekakucity actors i would say both shinbo and jin are to blame i can only imagine how jin must feel, afterall he only started making songs, then he moved to a light novel series that sells a lot plus a manga agaptation that is also really popular and the cherry at the top is a anime green-lit i would give a lot for having one of my projects animated! i think that this hype is interffering with his story

the pacing of the series could've been way better, there were many diologues that could've been cut and the story would still be intact i HATED a full episode only for momo she is my least favorite character but i liked to see the interactions of kenjirou and her and the change in the story so hibya could appear sonner was welcome for me because he is one of my favorite characters it will also be easier to invest some feelings toward the character that in another way would only be introduced later in the story and would not have time to develop and would feel forced development, not to mention how the anime tries to eycatch pre-existing fans like playing kisaragi attention as a insert song althou the animation that came with it was awful it was a touch to get the fans attention from the poor direction of the episode

what i'm trying to say is that the kagerou project is a outstanding series that never cease to impress me the BUT the same can't be said about mekakucity actors. but one thing i am sure of is that the series has a huuge potential thou i can't spoil why that is i also hope that the anime adaptation don't suffer for all the hype and expectations but either way i'm happy to see it animated plus SHAFT always tweaks their BD i can wait for it (i think...)

[KAGEROU PROJECT IS A SERIES WITH GREAT CHARACTERS INTERACTIONS AND A HIDDEN PLOT]
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 16:55   Link #625
Burden

*Sigh*
I had such high expectations of the plot and instead I get a visual monogatari clone devoid of plot.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 17:34   Link #626
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
*Sigh*
I had such high expectations of the plot and instead I get a visual monogatari clone devoid of plot.
I can understand why you think that because of the 1st 2 eps. but its definitely has plot
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 17:44   Link #627
Tenzen12

Actualy I don't see any similiarity with monogatari, not even visualy
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 21:06   Link #628
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I wouldn't go so far, since there are clear similarities to all of Shaft's work here, including Monogatari, but I agree that it's not exactly the same.

Monogatari was much more visually full, so to speak, rather than this show, which seems to focus more on the use of distance, which was the first thing that struck me when I saw the show.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:13   Link #629
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
1. Main char (the NEET dude) looks like Arararagi in term of design and the way he banters with the virtual girl (ok, maybe a much less interesting Araragi with less smart dialogue, but you cannot deny he gives you a very strong Araragi vibe. I have seen many people starting to call him Kisararagi)

2. The head tilt, the bright, basic colour pallette, the simplistic background, the building, the far away shot, it's all very Monogatari-like. Especially the way they use colors, but maybe it's just me as I am very interested in the way anime use colors for storytelling purpose. I watched all season of Monogatari, and I have sometimes felt myself wondered am I watching a fourth season of Monogatari or not.

3. The plot is full of dialogues that might be not so relevant to the plot. The way the character talk to each other and make joke is really similar to the way Nissio Isshin writes, just with a lesser quality.

I won't call this story a clone of Monogatari - Monogatari has better visual and animation, as well as the use of visual metaphors is more appropriate. But it's clear that SHAFT is using the same method here. But it doesn't work as well so far, maybe because of the low budget, the limitation of the young staff, or people starts to get tired of that style already.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:19   Link #630
Tenzen12

Actualy, I made mistake in thread, when writing that post. My bad. I actualy agree with you (as you can notice if you decide read my older posts).

Sorry for wasting your time.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 15:14   Link #631
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
This arrangement of the ED is not too bad.

How did I miss this image? This needs to be canon. No ifs or buts.

Quote:
For a non-fan of voicaloid music, it just annoyed me and adds nothing to the plot at all (repeating the whole thing we already saw in the episode itself). And maybe because I does not expect the song and don't want it , the scene feels incredibly long to me, with the unimpressive visual. And half of the time I was thinking, SHAFT, please spend that time on the plot. Like explain how the girl suddenly grabbed the shota and ran, while I feel the natural instinct would be to run aways alone.

But our girl is clearly stated to be a cosmic-level idiot, so maybe she just acted out without thinking like usual. Still pretty odd and makes me raise my eyebrows.

On Shin's room, they still can illustrate the...untidy part of it, you know. To depict his pathetic state clearly but no, they have to have that super-ultra-mordern-futuristic-clean as a hotel room...Wait, does that mean the lazy dude uses her sister's hard-earned money to buy all that fancy stuff?

While their mother's in the hospital no less...or was she dead?
Momo is an idol. If she left the shota behind, then he would be swarmed by people asking what his connection to her is and such. He would've been at their mercy so she took him. He ended up being left behind, but the people were running after Momo so he was just ignored.

Yeah Shin seems to be leeching off his sister.

I have no clue about the mother and I read the LN and manga. I'm assuming Jin is using it for some impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Fan overhype it. They think they can create good anime from popular anime easily. They got super excited that they create eloberate "what if" situation. Thinking that they are anime director themselve.

Then anime arrived. Reality kick in. Fan backslash simply happend.

Pretty sure Jin feel similar way. " I just create hugely popular music video! Clearly making anime not as hard, right?"

Well yeah about that
I'm more hyped to see what type of route we will see for this medium lmfao. I like the anime and love the series, but I'm not blind to see the errors in the anime. Personally, at this point I would give it 3.5/5 as the score.

Jin is only 23 with a multitude of mediums following his highly popular music project. He can have his bragging rights. Besides, this is his first and likely last opportunity to be the scriptwriter for an anime.

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 15:50   Link #632
askara

Quote:
1. Main char (the NEET dude) looks like Arararagi in term of design and the way he banters with the virtual girl (ok, maybe a much less interesting Araragi with less smart dialogue, but you cannot deny he gives you a very strong Araragi vibe. I have seen many people starting to call him Kisararagi)

2. The head tilt, the bright, basic colour pallette, the simplistic background, the building, the far away shot, it's all very Monogatari-like. Especially the way they use colors, but maybe it's just me as I am very interested in the way anime use colors for storytelling purpose. I watched all season of Monogatari, and I have sometimes felt myself wondered am I watching a fourth season of Monogatari or not.

3. The plot is full of dialogues that might be not so relevant to the plot. The way the character talk to each other and make joke is really similar to the way Nissio Isshin writes, just with a lesser quality.

I won't call this story a clone of Monogatari - Monogatari has better visual and animation, as well as the use of visual metaphors is more appropriate. But it's clear that SHAFT is using the same method here. But it doesn't work as well so far, maybe because of the low budget, the limitation of the young staff, or people starts to get tired of that style already.
1. both Araragi and this mc is just a generic male design, 90% of MC looks similar especially this is by same studio
2.Those are all trait of Shaft itself, even Nisekoi use similar technique so is all recent Shaft anime this is also why Dialogue feel similar to each other

but i think the anime does looks quite bad compare to other shaft anime
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 12:11   Link #633
leorodri100

episode 3 was pretty good, introduction of seto, marry, kano and kido plus some nice character interactions end of the jinzou enemy arc and the best part was blindfold code (mekakushi code) sung by kido's voice actors they used in a fricking awesome scene and the whole song this time

Last edited by leorodri100; 2014-04-26 at 12:34.
Old 2014-04-26, 13:06   Link #634
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
the best part was blindfold code (mekakushi code) sung by kido's voice actors they used in a fricking awesome scene and the whole song this time
It was Yasagure Koneko, not Yuuko Kaida. I think it's safe to say they have no intention of making the seiyuu sing their character songs in this.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 13:12   Link #635
leorodri100

^ oh i see, thanks for correcting me
Old 2014-04-26, 13:18   Link #636
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

such a cool episode! Can't wait for the next
I didn't know Seto's power could reach that far, that's my boy!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 13:53   Link #637
HandofFate

Good fun episode.
Midway I was wondering "what about the stuff in episode 1, are we ever going to get back to that"

and here it was. I have no idea of the source material or the history of the creator, so its all fresh to me, and its pretty cool so far for me.

Interesting characters, powers, good voice acting. Look forward to more episodes.
Old 2014-04-26, 15:01   Link #638
ChampDream
Alive

that was good.
Seeing Kido, Kano, Seto and Marry was cool.
Old 2014-04-26, 15:55   Link #639
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a solid episode. Pulled everything together in a solid manner. Lot of the questions coming out of the first episode was cleared up. Quite the team effort to resolve that situation in the end.

Was nice to actually get to know this group a little bit. Seems like an entertaining group from first impressions anyways.

Kind of brings me back to the question of Ene though. Seemed like she was some kind of AI from the first episode, but Momo considers her more like some kind of hacker. Still a bit of a mystery with that one.

Maybe it was the second episode throwing me off so much, but I didn't even think about Momo and Kisaragi being siblings until that was actually pointed out in the episode .
Old 2014-04-26, 16:10   Link #640
MCAL

Much, much better. I mean, there were still some mediocre parts of course, but this felt much more like what the show should supposed to be like. Not that psudeo-Monogatari style writing of before. Though I still wonder if there will be pacing problems, considering the next episode's title. We'll see...

And don't worry. This imouto isn't a brocon.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft