AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-20, 06:31   Link #4741
Exlaminis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Not sure what to think of how the volume ended. The memorandums aren't helping either, .
Intriguing. Is it in a good or a bad way?
Exlaminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 07:48   Link #4742
HereticMagus

Quote:
Not sure what to think of how the volume ended. The memorandums aren't helping either, .
any progress in regard to shippings? does the volume end on a note more grim than the vol 8 ending? and more importantly, what is the deal with Yukinoshita family?

Edit: please don't tell me the relationships end in tangled shambles again? im really hoping the next hurdle to pass will be a material one.

Edit again: Does the ending in anyway or form sabotage the chance for a Yukino end? That's pretty much the only detail I'm really actually concerned about here since I trust in watari's writing with every other thing.

I know it is in your best interest as translator to not spoil the readers and our as readers to not be spoiled. but pleeaasee? a little little snippet? because when you put it like that..its a little(really really) hard to keep curiosity in check.

Last edited by HereticMagus; 2014-11-20 at 08:41.
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 08:46   Link #4743
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Well that sounds a bit ominous, was it a cliffhanger type ending or just one that doesn't feel like a good stopping point?

With that aside, this is somewhat off topic but because there was a bit of a silly argument on the 4chan board about Yui and whether or not 8Man was actually aware of her feelings I was motivated to reread volume 7 again. And when I did this segment caught my attention-

Quote:
But… how should I put it, he’s actually watching Ebina quite closely, this guy is.

I’m a man who went through life through just observation for a long time.

That’s why I’ve, more or less, noticed that Ebina wasn’t just your run-of-the-mill cute girl from her appearance alone.

Even she has something she’s hiding deep down.

Tobe may not have fully understood that core issue, but having observed and sympathized with Ebina, he may have a clue about it.

And just like that, it began to poke at the back of his mind. Before he knew it, his eyes naturally began following her around and finally, he learned of a new side of her and his heart grew hot. That was the obvious development for anyone… It was the same for me as it was for Tobe.

Why are boys such dummies, I wonder? Even if it’ll totally go bad, that wouldn’t serve as a reason to give up. Boys are really dummies.
I seem to recall that a few people had an issue with Yui because they felt like it was weird that she started liking him just because he saved her dog (which is the same assumption 8Man made). But after reading this segment, couldn't what Yui had gone through be exactly the same as Tobe? While the accident didn't necessarily cause Yui to like Hachiman, it definitely made her pay more attention to him. And just like Tobe, after watching Hachiman for such a long time, she gradually fell in love with him despite not actually talking to him at all. Hachiman's action of saving her dog probably confused her a lot considering his apathetic and cynical behavior in class, and while trying to understand the mysterious kindness in him, probably just naturally made her like him.

Pure speculation on my part, but absolutely ingenious writing in my opinion if this is what Watari intended.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 08:53   Link #4744
HazeOfMisery

Quote:
Spoiler:
HazeOfMisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 08:57   Link #4745
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeOfMisery View Post
Spoiler:
c'mon don't say grim and foreboding stuff like that. just don't. you're setting my heart on overclock dammit!
Old 2014-11-20, 09:13   Link #4746
niarc

Quote:
Spoiler:
that expected ending for me (in term character point of view) but that will unexpected for reader since lot of manga or LN have first girl win
niarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 09:15   Link #4747
Tormenk

My guess is the developments this vol are generally positive but Haruno's statement and the tone of the memorandum(s) suggests things might not be so smooth in the end.

Well more intrigue and suspense for the final volume then. Bring it on!

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 09:22   Link #4748
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Well that sounds a bit ominous, was it a cliffhanger type ending or just one that doesn't feel like a good stopping point?

With that aside, this is somewhat off topic but because there was a bit of a silly argument on the 4chan board about Yui and whether or not 8Man was actually aware of her feelings I was motivated to reread volume 7 again. And when I did this segment caught my attention-

I seem to recall that a few people had an issue with Yui because they felt like it was weird that she started liking him just because he saved her dog (which is the same assumption 8Man made). But after reading this segment, couldn't what Yui had gone through be exactly the same as Tobe? While the accident didn't necessarily cause Yui to like Hachiman, it definitely made her pay more attention to him. And just like Tobe, after watching Hachiman for such a long time, she gradually fell in love with him despite not actually talking to him at all. Hachiman's action of saving her dog probably confused her a lot considering his apathetic and cynical behavior in class, and while trying to understand the mysterious kindness in him, probably just naturally made her like him.

Pure speculation on my part, but absolutely ingenious writing in my opinion if this is what Watari intended.
I actually find this very reasonable. A peek into Hikki's well concealed kindness and subsequent observation might have given her the impression that she knows something about him that others do not(which is true) and this sort of thinking once it worms its way into your mind twists your thoughts to put that 'special connection' spin on them. I have felt like this very acutely and I'm sure her developing a crush on 8man was actually a gradual process where this is but a contributing factor Her feelings most surely strengthened to what they are now after seeing him interact freely with Yukino and particularly after that 'reset'. . Her feelings, imo, never was a 'love at first save/sight' thing.

The question here is, even though she felt a connection to 8man and wanted to know him more closely at the start of the series, did her feelings have the clearly romantic aspect to them that they do now? I think not. Many will disagree, but I think it was just simple curiosity mistaken for a superficial crush when she wanted to bake the cookies and only after all their interaction did it develop into something substantial.
Old 2014-11-20, 10:29   Link #4749
Quol
That Guy

Pretty much, when Yui first meets Hikki in the club she talks about how he was always creepy, never talks, silent and how surprised she was that he could acually have a conversation. This means that even though she was interested in him she never saw those other sides of him.

Before she entered the club she confused being interested in Hikki as having a crush on him.
After she entered the club and saw more sides to him, thats when she began to like him.

If the spoilers are true and the later half of the volume centers around Yui's impression of things from vol6-9 then i would like to see what she thought about having the entire school turned against him.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 10:49   Link #4750
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
If the spoilers are true and the later half of the volume centers around Yui's impression of things from vol6-9 then i would like to see what she thought about having the entire school turned against him.
You're getting overboard. Even his class barely acknowledges him. But yeah, Yui's perspective on the events would be great.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 13:35   Link #4751
Excorsism

Spoiler for Stuff:

TL;DR: Watari, please include some brain dead romance sometimes! I don't want to think!
Old 2014-11-20, 13:39   Link #4752
HazeOfMisery

Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-20, 13:40   Link #4753
Quol
That Guy

If Hikki does end up with one of them he is going to have to thank Komachi. She is a pretty good wing man.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 13:51   Link #4754
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
If Hikki does end up with one of them he is going to have to thank Komachi. She is a pretty good wing man.
Best Imouto
Old 2014-11-20, 13:56   Link #4755
JDFUdude

Spoiler:

I'm a Yukinofa...n and all that but damn... Iroha is Just too much for my heart.
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 14:04   Link #4756
Excorsism

Quote:
Spoiler:
As usual, he didn't have too much of a presence, . I'll leave out the details since I think I'll be able to get to that part this weekend.
Old 2014-11-20, 14:11   Link #4757
Cinnamon

Quote:
Spoiler for Stuff:

TL;DR: Watari, please include some brain dead romance sometimes! I don't want to think!
It seems to me that it's getting harder and harder to trust his own "words" in this volume. Many times I had to stop reading a bit to be sure whether he means what he thinks or are just bluffing (sidestepping from the real issue). And Hayama, you should have been on the cover since the almost the whole book is about you!

I felt this volume felt omnious as well, especially with that reference to Ningen Shikkaku and their memorandums. Hayama? Yukino? Haruno? I feel there's more about Yukino than eyes can see...
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 14:18   Link #4758
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
It seems to me that it's getting harder and harder to trust his own "words" in this volume. Many times I had to stop reading a bit to be sure whether he means what he thinks or are just bluffing (sidestepping from the real issue). And Hayama, you should have been on the cover since the almost the whole book is about you!

I felt this volume felt omnious as well, especially with that reference to Ningen Shikkaku and their memorandums. Hayama? Yukino? Haruno? I feel there's more about Yukino than eyes can see...
It has to be either Yukino or Haruno, I mean 私 came up unless that was a quote. (maybe Hachiman but that seems way too obvious).

Also, 俺の知っている雪ノ下雪乃. He does the same thing with Totsuka. Seems like an odd choice to use の instead of が there, no?
Old 2014-11-20, 14:19   Link #4759
HazeOfMisery

Around 6 months for the next volume, right?
Old 2014-11-20, 14:24   Link #4760
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Usually closer to 4-5.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck