AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-22, 07:53   Link #41
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

I'm pretty sure Akane's Grandmother is going to die and Togane is responsible.
Old 2014-11-24, 20:33   Link #42
zerriet

I found this episode great but I have a 2 questions that I want to clarify.

1. If the cymatic scan exists around measuring one's psycho pass, which indirectly refers to one's personality/emotions found within the brain, how does it get affected by an organ transplant? Like supposedly if they transplanted a liver, is there a way for it to affect someone's emotions or personality?

2. I considered one of the organ transplant to be a brain transplant, but someone pointed out to me that it will be essentially the same person as the one who occupied the brain in the first place, meaning the body is treated as a husk. Is it possible that that is not the case since the new person is still identified by other components such as the eye from the dominators, while the psycho pass is different due to a different brain? That might possibly link to why the people that Saiga interviewed before are able to remain stoic or as if they were not the original person.

PS: Forgive my terrible para-phrasing
Old 2014-11-25, 22:34   Link #43
FateAnomaly

Considering that the dominator can scan remote controlled robots, i don't think it scan the brain. I have absolutely no idea how it works at all but i just gonna roll with it.
Old 2014-11-26, 02:04   Link #44
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ It scans the brain. It's just not the only factor, but it still is the most important one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerriet View Post
1. If the cymatic scan exists around measuring one's psycho pass, which indirectly refers to one's personality/emotions found within the brain, how does it get affected by an organ transplant? Like supposedly if they transplanted a liver, is there a way for it to affect someone's emotions or personality?
Organ (or tissue) = hormone secretion.
Hormones secreted by a certain organ of the body may affect the behaviour of other organs, and may sometimes affect the behaviour of an individual as a whole. Testosterone, dopamine and epinephrine are famous example of the latter (of which the effects are sometimes exaggerated by the mass media).
You can guess the rest from there.

If we were to dwell more into pseudo science there's also that thing called cellular memory, but I don't know much about it and I'd rather not discuss it either.
Old 2014-11-26, 13:05   Link #45
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One possibility is zetsubo's idea - That Sibyl finds the whole case intriguing, and hence is deciding to let it play out a bit more to test Akane and/or Kamui.
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Why else would Sibyl let this go on for so long if it wasn't for some motive behind it.