AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 03:01   Link #21
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I got a lvl 55 hunter, lvl 53 cleric and a lvl 45 assassin... They are all in scania.. IGN holyman282, although i haven't touched that game in like 6 months..... I usually try a class, get them to lvl 50, get bored then start another one....
Old 2007-11-12, 12:49   Link #22
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
lol, Maple Story...haven't played that game in about....2 years..no...Perhaps 1 and a half...Yea...I got bored with it...The whole 2-D thing wasn't working out...Though I played it a heck of a lot longer than I did with Endless Online ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This is one of those games where I take a certain attitude towards:

"I'm bored. I'm going to play Maplestory!"
*Leaves it overnight to patch*
"It's done, so I'll play."
*Plays for a few days*
"Okay, this is boring."
*Leaves*

[After a few months, repeat].

It's the definition of a grinding game. [I believe it's called that]
Also, there are so many hackers.
There are around one or two builds for each class.

Hehe...This is what it's like for me with Runescape ....Indeed

I was surprised when I saw the Maple Story comercial....*Slaps someone with a fish* What are you doing? Hitting outselfs with fish? Why? Because it's free?

I lold when I saw that....but then I got to thinking, How'd you pay for the giant fish?
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 15:31   Link #23
Tsu-chan
Ready! Lady Gunner!

Send a message via AIM to Tsu-chan
I'm a cleric on Maplesea. tehtsuchan, in Cassiopeia
Tsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 13:23   Link #24
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
does anyone play in mardia
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 21:51   Link #25
U<3Anime
Boo!

Tried it once because my cousin said it was good.

The whole process went like this

-Huh ok Ill download it
-Download done, install *hmm it was pretty quick*
-Makes character, joins server
-Walks around and kills some random mushrooms...
-ummmm uhhhhhh *walks around a bit more* OK, whatever this game sucks
-zZzZz Uninstalls.

I barely got 5 mins of play time on it

I can't understand the huge popularity of this game. It's so popular that it even has its own trading cardgame and commercial in NA.
Old 2007-12-10, 15:41   Link #26
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
I used to play that game before,2 years ago,to be precise.But I left it,it was starting to bore me...
3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 02:46   Link #27
emukidz

I used to play this game until I got UCE and it's become boring because everybody can cheat and money in game become less of value
emukidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 13:19   Link #28
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
I play in maple global mardia lvl 33 cleric chiwasuu IGN
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 11:24   Link #29
Dxon
Inactive Member

I play MapleEurope and got a level 37 fire mage. (Only one worth mentioning.)
All you guys say is kinda true. But one thing keeps me playing. Is just simple fighting monsters with friends. I actually see MapleStory as a chat messenger with as bonus killing monsters and stuff..
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 06:45   Link #30
DKboy

I also got played maple before , i play at maplesea lv 61 spearman in aquila server , already quit due to bored and lag .
DKboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 15:14   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
I play MapleEurope and got a level 37 fire mage. (Only one worth mentioning.)
All you guys say is kinda true. But one thing keeps me playing. Is just simple fighting monsters with friends. I actually see MapleStory as a chat messenger with as bonus killing monsters and stuff..
that's actually the best description of the game and many others .... its like a leveled up visual chatroom where you can romp about while chatting with friends.

I'm looking at a slew of "freeplay/cashshop" games because I'm tired of the commercial P2P games.
So far DOMO and ROSE Online have actually gotten me interested enough to use their cashshop. I like the cheery graphics of ROSE better but DOMO has active facial emotes. Class and skill tree wise - DOMO's multiple job per character feature is nice (though managing all the equipment is messy). ROSE's chat tool drives me a bit nuts. Maplestory in comparison is quite cute as well... but it is clearly designed to be more focused on roleplay and the like rather like Mabinogi.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Maplestory has been around about the longest? Anyway, I'll be testing Maplestory more thoroughly in a week or so and see how it pans out against the others I enjoyed.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:16   Link #32
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I play Bera with my gf and we have a crap load of characters. If you want to know them just pm me if your on bera and i'll send you all our characters names.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:02   Link #33
Ichimaru

bera also lvl107 sniper 3yr old account
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 06:45   Link #34
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
that's actually the best description of the game and many others .... its like a leveled up visual chatroom where you can romp about while chatting with friends.

I'm looking at a slew of "freeplay/cashshop" games because I'm tired of the commercial P2P games.
So far DOMO and ROSE Online have actually gotten me interested enough to use their cashshop. I like the cheery graphics of ROSE better but DOMO has active facial emotes. Class and skill tree wise - DOMO's multiple job per character feature is nice (though managing all the equipment is messy). ROSE's chat tool drives me a bit nuts. Maplestory in comparison is quite cute as well... but it is clearly designed to be more focused on roleplay and the like rather like Mabinogi.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Maplestory has been around about the longest? Anyway, I'll be testing Maplestory more thoroughly in a week or so and see how it pans out against the others I enjoyed.
Cash shop wise? MS is, I believe, the oldest (Gunbound MIGHT beat it by a week or two). Game wise? ROSE is the oldest of the three you mentioned (by a good year or two, ROSE Official Version released when MS started their beta tests).

MS was okay. I played it mostly to just talk to friends and stuff. xD

If anyone plays Windia, I've got my level 50 Hunter (lacking his attack glove ) sitting around with like....70 million on it. XD
zSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 22:20   Link #35
Say Neko
nekoISM

Have to bump this one up cause this is like the only PC game I can play #Maplestory in Scania world I believe.
Been playing for about a year an a half next month & yes it's like harder than school homework. *crys*

I'm off & on, play for a few days quit for 2 weeks. Mainly cause my friends play a lot
but I see them like everday at #school so why would I play everyday? I think
They still play pssh!

If anyone still plays this or what not dude leave me ign we should HeneHoe the crap out of the game.
Say Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 23:09   Link #36
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

hmmm... I recall playing this 5-6 years ago when it first launched. Back then you use jump hacks to farm those gems and to speed up leveling by collecting all the mobs on the map in 1 pile... Seeing pigs fly makes things rather... interesting.

A lot of those "older" chinese/korean games are very grindy and very boring after a while.

Cash shop wise a lot of free games have some sort of those elements. TQ digital (ie: conquer online) are well known for their infamous cash shops in their titles.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:56   Link #37
Say Neko
nekoISM

Ooh wow, dude, 5-6 years ago? Dang this game is old.
/quit
Gets #DSi, turns on #Okamiden
Say Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 01:27   Link #38
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Korean beta was in 2002 if I'm not mistaken...I had started playing 4 years ago, it was very fun, being my first MMO and all, but the Europe version had almost nothing in it when I started. So, there were many patches to look forward to, many hackers to catch, lots of builds to experiment with, etc. I ended up maining a legendary defence page, who is now a LV139 def paladin (~890 def I think?) grinding at skeles for all eternity, to the end of the server's days. Unfortunately for me, my guild phased out of maple, and so did I. Still meet up with another popular guild though, the guys there are really lots of fun, so we just took it irl
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 04:24   Link #39
Parousia

Hello?...with that 4 years gap I'm confident that this thread is dead, I'll still post though.

I'm a level 100 Demon Slayer in GMS,sever Scania. Was wondering if there are people who plays Maplestory.
Old 2015-07-23, 17:10   Link #40
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
Hello?...with that 4 years gap I'm confident that this thread is dead, I'll still post though.

I'm a level 100 Demon Slayer in GMS,sever Scania. Was wondering if there are people who plays Maplestory.
Well, well, well. There is someone on THIS forum of all things to still play MapleStory.
Nice to meet ya, I'm LPhantomH of Bera. If you have any questions, please be free to ask. Honestly, the thread is more dead than any other thread in this website. Hell, I'm just surprised to see that MapleStory thread even exists!

Edit: Forgot to tell you. This website isn't for MapleStory, I can guarantee you. I suggest you go on Basil Market (just type basilmarket.com) and get some suggestions there.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote