bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

How can people not like exposition? ADD generation is ruining everything :/
Old 2015-11-22, 10:29   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
It still functioned just fine, plus if it isn't an explanation of something that happened in-universe I honestly don't care what the staff thinks of something.
So fine that the movie flopped in the Japanese box office because the audience don't think it's good enough . See, you’re not the only one whose opinion matters.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:29   Link #43
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
How can people not like exposition?
Simply, sometimes substance is too dry to be interesting.
Quote:
So fine that the movie flopped in the Japanese box office because the audience don't think it's good enough
So did The Wizard of Oz, is there a point to this? By that logic Bayformers are considered good enough with their billion dollar grossing.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:30   Link #44
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
>Episodes 1, 3, 5, and 7 have actions scenes
>While 2, 4, 6, and 8 are mostly talking scenes that could easily be condensed to six to nine minutes

I am noticing a pattern and it isn't a pleasant one. On the other hand, Orga getting flicked hard was really amusing.
I agree and I start to feel the same way abut the talking scenes being condensable. I just got the feeling that the whole pacing could have been better.

Maybe it's a budget issue as the whole thing reminds me of SEED having lots of talking episodes and recycled animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
How can people not like exposition? ADD generation is ruining everything :/
I love info exposition if it is meaningful, but the 1 episode fight and 1 episode exposition (and we have 1 more exposition episode next) formula makes things a bit predictable and non eventful. I also can't shake off the feeling that the whole encounter with Turbinez (3 episodes) could have easily condensed into 2 or even 1 episodes to make the pacing better imo.

That's why I hope we will have more action packed episodes to heat things up
Old 2015-11-22, 10:32   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
So did The Wizard of Oz, is there a point to this? By that logic Bayformers are considered good enough with their billion dollar grossing.
The point being: one's opinion is not the absolute truth. Especially if it's about art or entertainment.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:33   Link #46
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
one's opinion is not the absolute truth.
When did I so much as imply this because I know I never stated it was.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:37   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
>war and robots in gundam
>superficial

They are not.
It is, since you can rewrite the conflict and the means of warfare and they'd be more or less the same. In fact, one of the main weaknesses of the mecha genre is that they rely on the mechs being super special in order to be different from mere tanks or aircraft, since if you stick to using the mecha as logical military machines, you can actually rewrite the story to use more mundane machines and it'd still work. And if you have to make the mecha unique to be special, then it stands to reason that it'll have features that make it special to make it stand out from any other mecha on any other show, which already creates differences that you can't simply encompass by pointing out that a show has "robots".

As for war, there are so many causes and reasons for war that in order for said conflict to be meaningful, you'd have to dive deep into the reasons for said wars and show just what each side is fighting for and why. A war built upon religious fanaticism is different from a war for territory and resource control, which is then drastically different from a war of survival. You'll have to specify and elaborate what kind of war is being waged in order to even gauge a similarity.

So yes, they are superficial in the essence that just stating that two settings have "war" and "robots" does not make them similar.

Quote:
Most stories are not unique
Most stories are not original, which is different: each story has its own details, pacing, plot points etc. that makes each story unique even if their general outline is similar. For example, both Mobile Suit Gundam and the Epic of Gilgamesh comply to the use of of the storytelling structure of the Heroic Journey, aka the monomyth, and yet obviously you can't call Gundam and Gilgamesh the same.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:37   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
When did I so much as imply this because I know I never stated it was.
You stated this like a cold hard fact:

">While 2, 4, 6, and 8 are mostly talking scenes that could easily be condensed to six to nine minutes"

Since you're the one who made this statement, it can be considered BS until you prove it.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:39   Link #49
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, Jupiter is controlled by Yakuza? That's just great.
So this is really a sequel to Cowboy Bebop? You know, Spike being a Newtype would explain so much.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:40   Link #50
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

How is being able to condense something an absolute truth?
Old 2015-11-22, 10:40   Link #51
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For something a lot more related to the episode, another example of evolving credits:

Left is episode 8, while right is for previous episodes.

Damn you Naze and your Harem!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:41   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
How is being able to condense something an absolute truth?
So you're saying it wasn't really true? If so, then case closed.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:44   Link #53
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Nah, we know pretty well what he's going to say.

Spoiler for Isn't it sad?:
you know this is sort of funny when he said that as there was Atra & Kudelia, girls who were probably in the boys' age in the scenes SUPPORTING & HELPING them while on their front line duties, Fumitan too despite being way older, on their own goddamn ship,
also aren't all of Naze's babes were like way too adult old for the boys? unless they had such taste & considering they are all Naze's wives, one might start calling the boys the NTR Squadron.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:47   Link #54
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
also aren't all of Naze's babes were like way too adult old for the boys?
You act like MILFs and older woman loves aren't a thing.

Old 2015-11-22, 10:47   Link #55
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, Jupiter is controlled by Yakuza? That's just great.
I don't think there's been anything to indicate that they control Jupiter. When they were first talked about in episode 6 they were said to be a conglomerate based around Jupiter, with a reputation of them being more like the Mafia.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:48   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So this is really a sequel to Cowboy Bebop? You know, Spike being a Newtype would explain so much.
I know right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I don't think there's been anything to indicate that they control Jupiter. When they were first talked about in episode 6 they were said to be a conglomerate based around Jupiter, with a reputation of them being more like the Mafia.
Yeah, we need to see more for sure.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:51   Link #57
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You act like MILFs and older woman loves aren't a thing.
but they somehow mostly get left out in a harem series & any mainstream, unless its an H work......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:52   Link #58
Kerfirou

Quote:
you know this is sort of funny when he said that as there was Atra & Kudelia, girls who were probably in the boys' age in the scenes SUPPORTING & HELPING them while on their front line duties, Fumitan too despite being way older, on their own goddamn ship,
also aren't all of Naze's babes were like way too adult old for the boys? unless they had such taste & considering they are all Naze's wives, one might start calling the boys the NTR Squadron.

Well, Atra is Mikazuki's, while Kudelia and Fumitan are clients.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 10:54   Link #59
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You see, I was wondering where did I see all those stupid arguments, and I realize they are from 4chan. I guess that's "veteran" for ya.

Quote:
It's the difference in ratio. Once they see Naze's ship, they feel like "there are too many women", and then when they realize all of them only devote to one man, such sadness is understandable.

Quote:
but they somehow mostly get left out in a harem series & any mainstream, unless its an H work......
Because it's hard to put them in the usual trope of harem, where the girls are interacting with only the main char. Beside, MILK lacks the "pureness" that people are worshiping for some stupid reasons.
Old 2015-11-22, 10:55   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
See Garo: Honoo no Kokuin (Seal of Flames) and Onegai Teacher and some other non-H anime. Explaining further will make it into spoiler .