Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-18, 20:55   Link #1241
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They need to add that sort of bullshit explanations because the whole thing is forced as fuck.
More likely a case of not having enough time in the episode - which could have been improved by spending one less episode in 1988, as you suggested. But what would you have shown? Yashiro skulking around setting his trap? (That's a real question, by the way, not just a rhetorical one. I've learned that sometimes my writing style makes it hard to tell.)

Quote:
Even if that was the case, revealing that he got his memories back doesn't do him any favors. Keeping that to himself could be an advantage, even in this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So yeah, I'm definitely wondering why Satoru is now telling Yashiro, in stern ominous voice, that he has his memories back. That's pretty much forcing a confrontation with Yashiro, under seemingly very risky circumstances for Satoru. Great cliffhanger, but ridiculously risky if Satoru's plan is to solo Yashiro in a fight.
Well, again if Satoru's memories weren't triggered until they were in the elevator, I don't see what advantage there would be in keeping quiet up on the roof. It's pretty obvious that Yashiro is taking him up there to kill him. You've got to play the cards you've got. Maybe he's trying to bluff Yashiro somehow.

Then again, maybe it really is a trap, and Keyna, Hiromi and Kayo are about to come swinging in on ropes ninja-style to take Yashiro down. The final episode hasn't played out yet. We'll have to wait and see what they've got in store for us.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 21:19   Link #1242
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
More likely a case of not having enough time in the episode - which could have been improved by spending one less episode in 1988, as you suggested. But what would you have shown? Yashiro skulking around setting his trap?
With one more episode you wouldn't even need to do everything in the hospital to begin with.
Spoiler for not spoiler, but to be safe:

Quote:
Well, again if Satoru's memories weren't triggered until they were in the elevator, I don't see what advantage there would be in keeping quiet up on the roof.
A clear advantage is that Yashiro wasn't necessarily going to kill him until Satoru revealed that he got his memories back. Maybe he really just wanted to have chat on the roof. But after the reveal, Yashiro will be forced to kill him. Satoru forced the confrontation.
Old 2016-03-19, 00:51   Link #1243
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
A clear advantage is that Yashiro wasn't necessarily going to kill him until Satoru revealed that he got his memories back. Maybe he really just wanted to have chat on the roof. But after the reveal, Yashiro will be forced to kill him. Satoru forced the confrontation.
You know what, I think the episode would have had more impact if they ended the episode with the way they opened it. So have Yashiro's monologue right at the end. Would have created more tension rather than ending with Satoru revealing his knowledge.

Anyway, who is Nishizono's acquaintance the director of the hospital?
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 05:44   Link #1244
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Well, again if Satoru's memories weren't triggered until they were in the elevator, I don't see what advantage there would be in keeping quiet up on the roof. It's pretty obvious that Yashiro is taking him up there to kill him. You've got to play the cards you've got. Maybe he's trying to bluff Yashiro somehow.

Then again, maybe it really is a trap, and Keyna, Hiromi and Kayo are about to come swinging in on ropes ninja-style to take Yashiro down. The final episode hasn't played out yet. We'll have to wait and see what they've got in store for us.
There's always an advantage to be found in knowing something the enemy doesn't. For example Yashiro might try to kill Satoru counting on him not expecting it, but the split-second advantage of actually knowing and preparing for it could give Satoru an opening. Not much, but still. Given his bad physical condition it'd be his best shot. On the other hand, if he had his memories back for some time now, he could reasonably do this just to get Yashiro to act thoughtlessly out of fear - and has some trump card (be it having told his friends already or simply hiding the real progress he made with his rehab - which however would be far more ridiculous, because there still would be no way for him to best an adult man in peak shape 1-on-1).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 07:41   Link #1245
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

So this is how it all ends; CQC on the hospital rooftop under the pouring rain. No more revival bullshit, mano a mano, no outside interference whatsoever. Everything leading up to that climactic cross counter while an instrumental version of the OP plays in the background.

Seriously though Kano x Hiromi? I can only imagine both screaming Satoru's name in the process of baby making.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 09:25   Link #1246
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
So this is how it all ends; CQC on the hospital rooftop under the pouring rain. No more revival bullshit, mano a mano, no outside interference whatsoever. Everything leading up to that climactic cross counter while an instrumental version of the OP plays in the background.
Or maybe Satoru has now... learned to control Revival! And will use it in battle by flashing back by a few instants every time he's struck, effectively managing to see through all his adversary's moves !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Seriously though Kano x Hiromi? I can only imagine both screaming Satoru's name in the process of baby making.
Then they looked each other in the eyes and decided to pretend that never happened.

Old 2016-03-19, 09:38   Link #1247
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Then they looked each other in the eyes and decided to pretend that never happened.
Then they go for Round 2?

Perhaps Hiromi was already making the moves then, just that we dun see it. What we only have is this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 09:40   Link #1248
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Then they go for Round 2?
I reckon the shippers could still be somewhat satisfied. I mean, as soon as Satoru recovers his physical shape, y'know... threesomes are a thing . Though sadly Hiromi doesn't look as feminine as he used to any more.

Old 2016-03-19, 09:43   Link #1249
GDB

Quote:
No, he's clearing setting him up to be killed. Gloves to conceal his prints, having Satoru push the elevator button, and the tapping. Not to mention going to a completely isolated, dangerous area when they could theoretically talk anywhere. All telltale signs of Yashiro about to do his thing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 09:58   Link #1250
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, he's clearing setting him up to be killed. Gloves to conceal his prints, having Satoru push the elevator button, and the tapping. Not to mention going to a completely isolated, dangerous area when they could theoretically talk anywhere. All telltale signs of Yashiro about to do his thing.
He's being rather sloppy then, usually he sets up a fall guy. The public might accept a suicide story but it would be unbelievable for anyone who knows Satoru.
Old 2016-03-19, 10:01   Link #1251
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
He's being rather sloppy then, usually he sets up a fall guy. The public might accept a suicide story but it would be unbelievable for anyone who knows Satoru.
If he had planned to do this, either to Satoru or to Kumi, the phone he left in her room might be the basis of setting up a fall guy.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 11:30   Link #1252
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

His planned cover story's probably "Satoru did something to Kumi then committed suicide".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 15:06   Link #1253
ellifeedn
Thinker

If people are annoyed by how the anime handled things, I wonder how they would feel about the live action Boku Dake movie in Japan right now.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 15:12   Link #1254
RDNexus

Is the movie that different?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 18:51   Link #1255
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

This episode... oh my gosh.

My ship

I'm glad that Kayo is alive and well --- same with his other friend (who she's married with). Despite being happy about it, I can't chase that feeling of "disappointment". It's normal to move on, especially after all those years.

I'm sure that Kayo also loved him with all her heart and she must have been devastated to learn about our MC being in a comma. I would have LOVED to see how all his friends would have reacted to that.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the conclusion and will be checking out the original material!
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 18:59   Link #1256
RDNexus

You guys and your shippings... Dear goodness...
Old 2016-03-19, 19:06   Link #1257
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
You guys and your shippings... Dear goodness...
You know what would ease my pain?

They could release an additional episode or whatever (fit it in the last episode) about what happens during those 15 years.

They could have a scene where Kayo goes to our MC's bed (some years later) and do something like that:

Talk about how she has become happy and say it's all thanks to him
Confess
Say that she will move on
Give a goodbye kiss

I would be more than happy about something like that!

I'm very glad that Kayo moved on. I just wish there was something more for us, viewers. Maybe the original material has something like that. I don't know.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 19:21   Link #1258
RDNexus

Guys, please, enough with those shippings and delusions when we are talking of little kids with a lot of life ahead of them.
Things change over the years. But it's kinda true that the Anime seemed to try too hard to please Kayo shippers. Another disappointment to me, if you ask me.
Old 2016-03-19, 19:31   Link #1259
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Guys, please, enough with those shippings and delusions when we are talking of little kids with a lot of life ahead of them.
Exactly...

A 10 year old kid who has known nothing but hell all her life is finally freed from it.

You expect her to put another 15 years of her life on hold on the feather hope Satoru will re-awaken? Spend 25 years total in a shell of a life?

The best way Kayo could have honored Satoru's sacrifice was to make sure her life was well spent and that she was happy. Which she did.

But clearly....shipping is far more important to a lot of people, it seems.

Kayo would not have had the mental state or the life experience required to make such a commitment. Very few people could. To utterly dedicate your life to someone who is in a coma for years on end and who may never wake up is a very big thing to ask. Some people would be driven to the brink of insanity/ruin by it. There are other animes that have shown that.

Sachiko, however, did have the strength of will, the means to do so (which heavily compromised her life, surely) and a mind-blowing degree of self-sacrifice and dedication. She is pretty much the best mother I have ever seen in anime. And yet she barely gets a mention here or any other place online. In a medium where parents are either milquetoast or cringeworthy for a clear majority of them, one parent utterly rises to the challenge and shows what a woman of an age that is virtually non-existent in anime can do. But hey, I guess she can't be shipped or turned into figures, so people don't want to care.
Old 2016-03-19, 20:26   Link #1260
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Things change over the years. But it's kinda true that the Anime seemed to try too hard to please Kayo shippers. Another disappointment to me, if you ask me.
Well...the anime did build up those Kayo shipper's hopes and crushed them in 1 segment.

But...I'm an Airi shipper.

Airi shippers have to wait for a time skip to see our girl.