AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-03, 05:14   Link #6401
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As the LCK playoffs near, SK Telecom begin to surge and ROX Tigers look somewhat shaky. Figures.

I must say, I did like the playoff results from EU and NA overnight. I really did.
Old 2016-04-04, 20:29   Link #6402
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lel almost had a heart attack when TSM picked Gragas in that last game. Thankfully it was for Hauntzer. XD

Overall, looks like TSM can teamfight and now can close games (though 10k gold leads still has me thinking they will throw it lol). Their success against C9 is IMO most attributed to Sven, who really surprised me after his dismal perfomance mid-game in their last game in the regular season. Now lets see if he can repeat it against Reignover, the regular season MVP... gonna be tough.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 10:40   Link #6403
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Taric rework

Guess I'll be adding him to my list again. That is the type of stuff needed to be worth picking these days.
Old 2016-04-06, 15:30   Link #6404
Kafriel
Senior Guest

While I've been calling this rework for quite some time, isn't this, like, TOO much? Linear multi-stun, laning efficiency guaranteed and a TF ult, all in one! Well, no, it's not too much, TK eats people, Bard has his journey shenanigans and Braum blocks everything, so taking these things into consideration, this new Taric just might be going pro soon enough.

P.S: He now looks fabulous, but I do hope they kept his original VA.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 23:57   Link #6405
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Which is why I think and just about demand Sona and Nami get reworks. Healer supports outside of Alistair just don't appear anymore outside of an ARAM.
Old 2016-04-07, 00:08   Link #6406
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sona gets harder and harder to play as an aura champion. Nami is still ok IMO, as long as you prioritize E and can land her bubbles.
Old 2016-04-07, 08:38   Link #6407
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

When was the last time you saw Nami in a professional game?

Exactly.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 09:07   Link #6408
csuree
The Most Hated™

meta in meta out. unless a huge buff is to occur all the older supports and champ will stay unplayed in pro league.
Old 2016-04-07, 09:33   Link #6409
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Unfortunately, yes...top is the most versatile lane in that aspect, but everything else is becoming more and more easy to read. IMO it's unbecoming of professional players to go for "comfort picks" just because others may have performed well on them, or because a patch gives them a temporary boost. It shows complacency and a lack of ingenuity, LoL has over 100 champions, but more than half of them are forever benched. Even Zed would be nice to see, despite his unfavorable condition.

When was the last time someone picked Singed, Nasus, Janna, Veigar, Amumu, Garen and the like? Well, iunno, I barely keep an eye at the pro scene after the ghastly match of DIG vs EF...but I hope you get my point. I still remember a Janna stealing Baron with instant tornado.
Old 2016-04-07, 09:42   Link #6410
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Janna is played fairly often in pro games. Veigar was played some months ago when his stun cage was still instant. I do agree with the rest.
Old 2016-04-07, 09:45   Link #6411
Eragon
Still Alive

top lane isn't versatile, look at what i have to do to make her work,

You either play a tank, or build tank items. There's no place for bruisers. The only thing other than tanks that works in top now is Lulu and that's because its Lulu.
Old 2016-04-07, 09:53   Link #6412
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Graves would like to have a word with you.
Old 2016-04-07, 10:09   Link #6413
Eragon
Still Alive

Graves is just bullshit all around. I don't know what Rito was thinking.
Old 2016-04-10, 09:04   Link #6414
Awrya
U mad?

Just had an interesting ARAM game, apparently the enemy Shen and Vayne did over 100k true damage.

I also got a key fragment from this game, I thought you were not supposed to earn key fragments from modes that do not give mastery?
Old 2016-04-10, 10:37   Link #6415
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Incidentally, I just had my best ARAM game ever.

Spoiler for result:
Old 2016-04-10, 12:10   Link #6416
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I also got a key fragment from this game, I thought you were not supposed to earn key fragments from modes that do not give mastery?
Key fragment drops got added in patch 6.7 for Howling Abyss and Twisted Treeline. It is stated that they will drop during that patch cycle although I'm not really sure if that means that they will stop dropping after or keep dropping.
Old 2016-04-11, 10:58   Link #6417
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So TSM is back to its roots; waiting till late game to out-teamfight the enemy. Can't say if I should rejoice or be sad... oh well, at least they can close 10k+ gold leads now and they don't keel over just because they get behind early.

Players played out of their minds. Sven just schooled Reignover in that second game, and made him a non-factor in the other 2. Yellowstar still seems ahead of the play, but at least he has the right idea (either that or his teammates react faster now). Hauntzer is as usual the rock in top lane (him playing those tanks perfectly feels so good as a tank player), while Bjergsen almost went deathless the entire series. Doublelift didn't have to do much apart from not positioning badly, but it was all that was needed.

How would they do against CLG? I say 50/50. CLG looked to be damn near untiltable against TL, coming back strong after both stomp losses, so that strategy isn't going to work against them. This is especially true with Darshan will probably almost always first picking that Ekko, which will be a major headache against TSM. Can't wait for the good ol' rivalry back again this split.

EDIT:
Yeah, went down to game 5. Honestly TSM deserved to lose after game 3 draft, where they had the chance to pick Nidalee but got Graves instead. Not only that, Game 5 they outscaled the enemy team more once they all got to 6 items (3 Adcs and all), and they decided to force a teamfight instead of stalling it out even more. They should have made the enemy come to them, instead of using the ultra risky Gragas initiate.

And man Aphro, lowblow right there. Looking forward to the next split... this team is only going to improve further. TSM will make you eat your words.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2016-04-17 at 22:39.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 12:56   Link #6418
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Taric rework is live. Definitely a lot of teamfighting benefits. Bit worried about his laning though. The heal is way more teamfighting-oriented now and is low for lane.
Old 2016-04-21, 04:58   Link #6419
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Mage update announcement
Old 2016-04-21, 05:29   Link #6420
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hopefully, the elemental dragons will cause a substantial meta shift. Nice changes overall, great buffs for Malzahar, Anivia and omg Veigar! Not too sure about Syndra's, as it raises her skill cap at the same time.

Tags
league of legends, lol