AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-12, 01:42   Link #1301
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Anything else about how the shogun approaches the subject (and why the capital might be conducting most of the research into kabane) is currently unknown.
It's apparent the shogan is against war with kabane. He is into building defense walls. BIba and pro-war went against kabane, and shogan cutted off the supply. Biba received a blame for losing the war. Biba became mind twisted and thought only strong can survive. The Newtype cover art suggested Mumei's fate is becoming another kabane colony, and it is most likely Biba's doing. Ikoma will suffer same fate as Guilty Crown's Shu. Kurusu will ends up as another bushi. Ayame will yell out his name before his fate, then moves on. Someone mentioned that Kurusu's personality resembled Hiroyuki Sanada's role in the movie Last Samurai. Talking about Last Samurai, the show may introduces a foreigner, and he's not Suzuki, nor Cruise.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 02:04   Link #1302
moncikoma

i heared on twitter after the prescrrening that after watcching ep 10
many people cried in tears.. it was a shocking episode.. that leads to a tragedy..
prepare ur tissue guyss
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 03:02   Link #1303
Brother Coa
Banned

It can only get that tragic if someone that general public love dies.

Let the speculation begin... I will just say that it will be neither Ikoma or Mumei as they are leads and grantee to live until the last episode. The rest are disposable so let us guess now.

My money is on either Ayame or Train driver.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 03:29   Link #1304
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
It can only get that tragic if someone that general public love dies.

Let the speculation begin... I will just say that it will be neither Ikoma or Mumei as they are leads and grantee to live until the last episode. The rest are disposable so let us guess now.

My money is on either Ayame or Train driver.
Yeah, sadly the show hasn't made a lot of characters worth investing emotionally. They've also blatantly set up a method for Ikoma to cure Mumei and turn her back into a human so that will be saved for the last episode. Mumei is certain to be turned into what we saw this episode in order to attack the capital, but not sure that'd be the emotional scene in question.

So yeah....bets are on Ayame biting it next episode.
Old 2016-06-12, 04:03   Link #1305
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 10:
Damn, Biba Amatori made a brutal uprising against the shogunate. Oh, and he killed Horobi just as she's regaining her humanity! I guess that Biba-sama is the series' Nobunaga Oda!

Now then, I wonder what will the Kotetsujou crew do next? Also, I wish Kurusu will survive after that fall!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 05:41   Link #1306
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Bibaaaaa Las Vegas
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 07:56   Link #1307
moncikoma

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, sadly the show hasn't made a lot of characters worth investing emotionally. They've also blatantly set up a method for Ikoma to cure Mumei and turn her back into a human so that will be saved for the last episode. Mumei is certain to be turned into what we saw this episode in order to attack the capital, but not sure that'd be the emotional scene in question.

Ayame and kurusu already have FANDOM in japan ..
They even already have a novel about their past 2 years ago..

So i doubt one of them will die next ep..

From i see on twitter.. Many girls cried but maybe its only because one of their favourite seiyuu (eren jaeger) which is takumi..

My money is on takumi .. On this one..

Remember takumi wish!? DAT IS SO 1000% deathflag
Old 2016-06-12, 09:46   Link #1308
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Where is our favorite foreign mechanic? He needs more screen time.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 11:51   Link #1309
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Where is our favorite foreign mechanic? He needs more screen time.
next ep.. http://kabaneri.com/story/10.html
Old 2016-06-12, 13:18   Link #1310
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

My bet is on Ayame, Kurusu, or Ikoma's friend. Don't really see either Ikoma or Mumei dying.
Old 2016-06-12, 15:14   Link #1311
Psyco Diver

I think it's going to be the samurai bodyguard that will get killed just placing my bets on it right now, I hope they don't though I do like his character he is pretty badass but if he does go down I want him going down like a hero
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 17:29   Link #1312
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
While I don't have a horse in this particular race, I actually think Blonto may have the right of this one.

Some stations seem more impoverished than others, certainly (as in life), and it doesn't seem like any of them are exactly living the high life, but for the most part they seem to eke out an at least tolerable existence. Part of the point of the breather episode was that the station they were in was a happy place - it was a vibrant community of happy people who were presumably well-fed, clothed, and sheltered.

But perhaps more to the point, we really know nothing about the shogun. We don't know what his views on kabane are. We don't know why he betrayed Biba. You can theorise that it's because of his aggressive stance against the kabane all you like, but we don't have any evidence to suggest that - it could just as easily be for political reasons, or personal reasons, or maybe Biba was always a maniac and the shogun knew that, or maybe he didn't even betray Biba and Biba just thinks he did, given that the only source for that information was a scared man afraid for his life.

Ultimately, we don't have any information - not even anybody's personal impressions, because we've only been told two things about the shogun: He disowned Biba 'a long time ago' for reasons unknown and, according to an unreliable source, he betrayed Biba and left him to die on a battlefield of kabane.

(Although I'd say that alone implies that he's not afraid of taking action against the kabane: You cannot betray someone by denying them help on the battlefield if you'd given no indication you'd help in the first place).

Notably, Biba attacks during negotiations, but I don't recall them being specifically negotiations about Ikoma's weapons - although that would have very likely come up eventually - they were negotiations about letting Biba's train in, which is, tbf, also a very important matter, because leaving a train out in the kabane-infested wilderness is not a light matter.

Ultimately, you're resorting to kind of huffy remarks about how people can't infer anything now, and I think that's - somewhat beneath you, if we're all being entirely honest? Because ultimately, nobody's demonstrated a lack of ability to make inference, your problem is just that people have inferred something different from you from the information available.

We don't really know what the orthodoxy on kabane research is. If I had to speculate, I'd say people are maybe nervous of it, because kabane-hood is an infectious disease and infectious diseases are pretty dangerous things to research, but it doesn't seem to be out-and-out banned. Ikoma wasn't facing criminal charges for having kabane organs, remember, he was under suspicion of being a kabane, because it's an infectious disease and he was interacting with organs and bodily fluids from them.

Ok I can accept that.
Old 2016-06-12, 22:27   Link #1313
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Kusaja, either answer the simple question or don't bother replying with ad hominems: What are Biba's motivations?
I thought they were pretty straightforward. To stop coddling the weak at the expense of the strong, particularly in the face of the kabane threat, and revenge against the Shogun and all his ilk for doing the above in addition to some past transgression that will certainly get an explanation and/or flashback over the next few episodes.
Old 2016-06-13, 07:06   Link #1314
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I think it's going to be the samurai bodyguard that will get killed just placing my bets on it right now, I hope they don't though I do like his character he is pretty badass but if he does go down I want him going down like a hero
I almost kind of doubt it because he fell off with the McGuffin...I mean the case full of the antidote which will obviously be used.
Old 2016-06-13, 07:11   Link #1315
Brother Coa
Banned

I agree, Ayame is much more likely candidate.

Or it will be someone totally unrelated to the plot but it will feel sorry for us to see them dead - like those kids and their mothers.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 08:30   Link #1316
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
i heared on twitter after the prescrrening that after watcching ep 10
many people cried in tears.. it was a shocking episode.. that leads to a tragedy..
prepare ur tissue guyss
You know....when a lot of people cry after seeing an episode, I'm actually initially worried if they are crying tears of horror at poor quality
Old 2016-06-13, 08:57   Link #1317
moncikoma

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-06-16 at 18:50. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of posting multiple times.
Old 2016-06-13, 10:52   Link #1318
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know....when a lot of people cry after seeing an episode, I'm actually initially worried if they are crying tears of horror at poor quality
Let me assure you: most people who go all the way to the noitaminA cafe to see those weekend-before screenings care about the show. It's too out-of-the-way to go out there each weekend unless you actually do care.

What I find surprising is that they're talking about it -- it's understood that those who are able to go to those screenings aren't meant to talk about it, though admittedly, I've never checked if fans actually followed that implicit rule...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 11:36   Link #1319
DemonneoPT

I totally agree with Blonto's previous comments.
This anime had an outstanding first episode and i was utterly surprised by Mumei's character when she first appeared. I'm not even a loli fan but her serious and mature attitude together with her badass kick at the end made me fall in love with her. However, the following episodes revealed she was just some dumb spoiled brat that blindly follows a dubious person that is not even her real brother. I totally lost interest in her. Too childish for me. Plus, the extreme fear that is used to justify the stupid behavior people have in this series is also a major turn off. Nobody ask the important questions like Blonto said. Having the Kabane as just tools for some evil human mastermind instead of being the main threat themselves was not a good choice either. I'm really disappointed. This had the potential to be way better.

The character designs, the animation/OST, the Kabane and the steampunk concept are still amazing tho and it can still entertain but the mediocre writting/dialogue/plot makes it a train wreck for me. I was seriously rooting for this one because i believe this industry needs more anime originals projects instead of crappy LN adaptations... but not like this! I really hope Netflix's original anime Perfect Bones will not make the same mistakes...
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 12:56   Link #1320
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I almost kind of doubt it because he fell off with the McGuffin...I mean the case full of the antidote which will obviously be used.
You know what I totally forgot about that
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, post-apocalyptic, steampunk, zombie apocalypse