AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-17, 02:31   Link #1361
moncikoma

bla2.. u guys all just ranting this shows and forgot to chill and enjoy the true essence of pure melodrama in one of the rareest once in a lifetime 1980;s haruhiko mikimoto zombies anime..
i know this anime is not perfect and not as good as AOT.. but it still deserves much praise in each episodes..esspecially the charachter and art,

wasted potential? True.. but there's still much enjoyment and its enough.. for me as long it have a good ending

what a wasted viewr.. 2 episodes left.. im so happy mumei returned to herself.. :')
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 02:39   Link #1362
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Yeah, I can see why normal people ( the ones who watch anime and do not rate it like we do ) found this episode sad. And it was really tragic to see Ikoma's friend dying to protect him, a noble sacrifice worthy of true martyrdom.
Yeah, that was a pretty funny part. I can see how they got tears in their eyes from laughing.
He's like "Oof, I am dead now. *hangs head*........... or not. I'm actually alive enough to grab what my friend dropped"
The only question is if he really is dead now. Or if he is still alive.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 03:25   Link #1363
Brother Coa
Banned

Yeah, one more thing that everyone missed so far - blood donation part.

They extract the blood in rather modern way, and when I say modern I mean late 19'th and early 20'th century.

When is this show is taking place again?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 03:47   Link #1364
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
bla2.. u guys all just ranting this shows and forgot to chill and enjoy the true essence of pure melodrama in one of the rareest once in a lifetime 1980;s haruhiko mikimoto zombies anime..
i know this anime is not perfect and not as good as AOT.. but it still deserves much praise in each episodes..esspecially the charachter and art,

wasted potential? True.. but there's still much enjoyment and its enough.. for me as long it have a good ending

what a wasted viewr.. 2 episodes left.. im so happy mumei returned to herself.. :')
what's so enjoyable in a show that just keep using old overused things? heck even the mindcontrol came in play now

and not in anime only, FFS i basicaly spoiled myself the whole show by having watched the resident evil movies

Last edited by endarion88; 2016-06-17 at 04:32.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 04:41   Link #1365
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
what's so enjoyable in a show that just keep using old overused things? heck even the mindcontrol came in play now

and not in anime only, FFS i basicaly spoiled myself the whole show by having watched the resident evil movies
its not zombie... its kabane.. ..zombie cant shoot beam.. kabane can .. because of their mysterious power..

but u also right.. not everyone can love this kind of anime.. its too cliche for most anime watcher nowdays.. too mainstream and predictable..

but this anime has a great melodramatic situations and fandom.. PLUS
if u get too attached to most of the charas..
im sure u will be more enjoy in watching each episodes.. even if there is a bad writing and all..

for example because im too attached to mumei.. when i heard everyone is crying after the prescrening [1 week faster screening in japan theater]
i cant sleep yesterday until 4AM..
i know takumi is going to DIE... but my attachment to all of these chara make me blind.. and FEAR that ..everyone could die..
if i keep guessing in fear.. even if the plot is predictable.. everything will still be intense AF..

which is why im glad i can enjoy the 9 chara more than anyone...
i rarely can remember most anime names.. heck i dont even care...
but kabaneri.. im care so much.... and because of that.. i can enjjoy the drama.. just i enjoyed game of thrones, and AOT

sukarin-yukina-kajika-obito-mumei-ikoma-ayame-kurusu-takumi all of them are lovely, and fun to dig..
especially in fandoms..

if only this anime did not use the AOT overhype marketing, im sure many people would enjoy it more than now...
they dont have to worry about anything... all the chara are great! i love it! many to ship also!

Last edited by moncikoma; 2016-06-17 at 05:02.
Old 2016-06-17, 04:56   Link #1366
endarion88

Quote:
its not zombie... its kabane.. ..zombie cant shoot beam.. kabane can ..

but maybe u right.. not everyone can love this kind of anime.. its too cliche for most anime watcher nowdays..

but this anime has a great melodramatic situations and fandom.. if u get attached to most of the chara..
im sure u will be more enjoy in watching each episodes.. even if there is a bad writing and all..

which is why im glad i can enjoy the 9 chara more than anyone...
i rarely can remember most anime names.. heck i dont even care...
but kabaneri.. im care so much.... and because of that.. i can enjjoy the drama.. just i enjoyed game of thrones
sukarin-yukina-kajika-obito-mumei-ikoma-ayame-kurusu-takumi all of them are lovely, and fun to dig..
especially in fandoms

if only this anime did not use the AOT overhype marketing, im sure many people would enjoy it more than now...
i didn't even watch AOT
Old 2016-06-17, 05:58   Link #1367
moncikoma

Quote:
i didn't even watch AOT
u should! 10 times better than this... MINUS less likeable chara, because most of the chara died before u like them... except dat blonde..[petra]
Old 2016-06-17, 06:19   Link #1368
endarion88

Quote:
u should! 10 times better than this... MINUS less likeable chara, because most of the chara died before u like them... except dat blonde..[petra]
tryed the manga, dropped it after 10 chapters or so
Old 2016-06-17, 06:24   Link #1369
Brother Coa
Banned

Shame... because AoT has one of the biggest plot-twists and mystery stories since 'Gode Geass'.

Anime follow the manga with almost 100% accuracy so if you didn't like manga style you might like anime one.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 06:26   Link #1370
endarion88

Quote:
Shame... because AoT has one of the biggest plot-twists and mystery stories since 'Gode Geass'.

Anime follow the manga with almost 100% accuracy so if you didn't like manga style you might like anime one.
premise did seems interesting but again: usual shonen MC with superpower > everyone else is just a fodder > lost interest
Old 2016-06-17, 06:49   Link #1371
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
premise did seems interesting but again: usual shonen MC with superpower > everyone else is just a fodder > lost interest
Those "powers" don't give him much of an edge. His titan form, regardless of how much it kicks ass, can and does lose because it is only a 15 meter normal titan.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 08:51   Link #1372
BoyTitan

Quote:
Yeah, I can see why normal people ( the ones who watch anime and do not rate it like we do ) found this episode sad. And it was really tragic to see Ikoma's friend dying to protect him, a noble sacrifice worthy of true martyrdom.

But this episode has flaws, although they are not that great to ruin the anime like Guilty Crown did with itself. I get it that Biba is a villain, but they really didn't have to turn him into antagonist Mary Sue. He predicted that Mumei will turn against him - fine, I can swallow that. But to predict exact time of Ikoma's rebellion? I call blls**t on that. It doesn't even help that he has that Mary Sue kind of personality, always standing proud and superior to others because he knows how better he is from them.

And for people who complain that Mumei us useless now: she is caught in the situation and I can understand that. Imagine if you have person who is like family to you, and an inspiration in life to that, and he suddenly turns on you. For all of us who are 20 and more it is reasonable that we would abandon him because he is bad and join the 'good' guys. However it's not the same story with 12 year old kid, who was saved from death by him, who survived so far because of him and who has PTSD put in check by him. It was very hard for her to face this right until the end and it shows, hopefully she will deliver in last two episodes.

But what I do agree with others is that show has shifted focus from Kanabe as main threat to one pretty guy who knows everything, fears nothing and has a revenge wish so dense he will sacrifice half the country's population to achieve it. The show really didn't need this, and same example is with majority of zombie films - once the focus shifts to humans alone it becomes boring ( unless you are good written drama like The Walking Dead, but even that show was boring when entire season was focused just on humans ).

Hopefully the show will get better in the last two episodes, if not it will be left remembered as show that started great but became mediocre by the end.

But the thing is his army was pushing back and killing the kabane till they stopped getting supplies. Really makes you question the Shogun who really should have been shown if this series isn't getting a season 2 motives.

Like why let Biba make a ton of progress and build bases and be successful killing kabane then betray him when he is how ever done he was.
Old 2016-06-17, 09:08   Link #1373
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 10:
Damn, this episode... I'm fuming mad about Biba right now! Wonder what's gonna happen to the Kotetsujou crew now that Ikoma is dead?

Meanwhile, what if the shogun is actually dead all along on the next episode?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 10:08   Link #1374
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I still have my reservations about Ikoma being vindicated. Biba is off his rocker, but what he's saying about the strong surviving isn't wrong. It's just that when Ikoma and co. eventually overpower him, it's the same message from them going in reverse back to Biba and it's like all the important philosophy in the world only matters when the heroes abide by it

But aside from the show refusing to put Ikoma through a moral grey zone or truly testing what he believes, the tension, the pacing, the plot, the levity, and the action continue to elevate without falling into the trap of getting bigger. I was also half expecting to see a tear roll down Mumei's cheek when she saw the green stone in Takumi's hand
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 10:13   Link #1375
Blonto

The whole story has became about some stupid temper tantrum by some angry kid towards his daddy instead of, you know, sticking to the main cast and the issues that directly affect them. We've never even seen the shogun and Biba's been in, what? TWO whole episodes? We're supposed to care about his stupid backstory why? He's not even against the main cast, he's just trying to get some humans killed in some town they've never been to and the characters are trying to stop him because they're the good guys I guess. Talk about no emotional investment. Oh I'm sorry, there's Mumei, yeah, a textbook example of how not to make the audience care about your predicament, by making an OP character into a useless damsel in distress who's just there to scream MC's name and beg to get saved.

Also I'm still questioning why the shogun let Biba keep all that tech that most of other people not only don't have but don't seem to even know exists. Anti-zombie guns, miniguns, anti-zombie blades? Pshhht we already have those, we're just keeping them a secret because...uh...um...for some reason.
And the backstory just keeps getting stupider. The shogun let 400 000 people die? Really? What use could he possibly have of losing almost half a million people and having them turned to zombies? At this point the most sensical reveal is going to be if they take off the shogun's mask Scooby-Doo style and reveal that he's a zombie who's been planning all this to exterminate humanity from the inside. And then someone is going to pull more tech out of their ass, like maybe a spaceship, because why not go all the way if the original premise is pretty much dead at this point? I almost forgot there were zombies in this anime.

Oh and LOL at all the people asking "Is MC dead?". Yes, I'm sure he's dead, absolutely. Is this the first anime you've ever watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
But the thing is his army was pushing back and killing the kabane till they stopped getting supplies. Really makes you question the Shogun who really should have been shown if this series isn't getting a season 2 motives.
Like why let Biba make a ton of progress and build bases and be successful killing kabane then betray him when he is how ever done he was.
Because the characters in this anime are retarded and make completely nonsensical and absurd decisions just for the sake of whatever "plot" the writers thought of in five minutes?
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 10:26   Link #1376
Peanutbutter

This is shaping to be a real trainwreck literally!

Where's the cool, naughty, mischievous Mumei? Is Ikoma a shit fighter after all? Will there still be Ayame-sama fanservice?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 10:42   Link #1377
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post

Where's the cool, naughty, mischievous Mumei? Is Ikoma a shit fighter after all? Will there still be Ayame-sama fanservice?
We're at a point where anyone can unanimously point to the sole perpetrator of ruining this series, and that's Biba.
Old 2016-06-17, 10:43   Link #1378
endarion88

Quote:

this will probably end like guilty-crown..meaning just keep the OST and discard everything else
Old 2016-06-17, 10:58   Link #1379
Blonto

Even designs have gone to shit, the cool steampunk Japan combination in the main characters and guns has disappeared, new designs either don't look like that at all (what the hell kind of aesthetic are Biba and his crew supposed to fit in?) or they're just typical old Japan except with those corset-belts everyone has, if that.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 13:51   Link #1380
moncikoma

Quote:

im afraid biba already get one *cough Service

Tags
action, post-apocalyptic, steampunk, zombie apocalypse