Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-07, 10:05   Link #8581
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Not saying that's impossible, but won't that be really hard to pull off? Besides the 'physical' problem (like the physical abilities and mentality), there's also other factors to consider (like how much time the person has, their ethical issues, their patience, and etc.). It's something I realized after thinking over the various isekais (even if it's a few) I've read, more so with authors giving their MCs some sort of cheat-like power when being transferred to another world.
without cheat ability?
as long as he behave like john smith in their earlier time, having trauma like hayato, and have a desire to fix their life like rudeus, even if this is hard and cruel process, i think they could pull it out.. even without cheat...as long as, like maryest has said, they have the dependable companion to give them support (mentally physically etc)

well some kind like re:zero mc but without his cheat,
but more like he only has his incredible luck and living force as his cheat
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 10:42   Link #8582
wuhugm
Confused Shark

No ikemen here

There's no concept of beauty here except Lulu = Ugly

Everyone else has the same level of beauty

Ironically, the LN artwork is true in that sense

Everyone has the same face = Appearance doesn't matter
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 11:07   Link #8583
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
without cheat ability?
as long as he behave like john smith in their earlier time, having trauma like hayato, and have a desire to fix their life like rudeus, even if this is hard and cruel process, i think they could pull it out.. even without cheat...as long as, like maryest has said, they have the dependable companion to give them support (mentally physically etc)

well some kind like re:zero mc but without his cheat,
but more like he only has his incredible luck and living force as his cheat
Do you think that the MC should be patient (not all the time, but certain times) or at least cautious, or at the very least not reckless? The reason I'm asking is that it's another thing I found interesting concerning certain 'ethical issues'; and how most readers responded negatively to it.

Two examples I can think of is the LN concerning 7 High School students being transferred to another world (forgot the title), a lot of the readers were angry with Shinobu was because when the little village girl was getting whipped, she decided to bargain and exchanged with the village girl to be taking captive instead of charging in and kicking all of their butts.

Another example is with Michio in Slave Harem, and which when Michio was investigating the outskirts of the city, where a lot of bandits were stationed at. Michio received a lot of flak for not helping a woman who was ganged up (and worst) by a group of bandits.

The reason I found this interesting is that it correlates to certain examples in other series. In Maken no Daydreamer, the girl innkeeper told Minato of the various incidents where people (moreso women) will pretend to be in trouble for someone to help them, only for that helpful person to fall into a trap and various bad things happening to them (be sold in slavery). It helps that the situation with Elk is an example of this (and doesn't help her case as people still give her flak for it).

Then there's the event happening in Uwatewano (don't think I spelled it right, nor is it an isekai), where a group of thieves were pretending to be merchants to catch people on surprise (and I think a couple of things like this happens in Death March).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 11:11   Link #8584
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^There's no reason to be careful when you are godlike

Choujin Koukousei are just talented highschoolers

This guy is lvl300
Old 2018-07-07, 11:15   Link #8585
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^There's no reason to be careful when you are godlike

Choujin Koukousei are just talented highschoolers

This guy is lvl300
? I believe we were talking about an MC that's not op or godlike, like a regular person. You're kind of proving the point why some authors in isekais are making their MC op instead of regular.
Old 2018-07-07, 11:26   Link #8586
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I'm saying that it's kinda opposite now

The not OP ones are being reckless while The godlike ones just being too careful (or not doing anything at all (doesn't want to stand out))

Slave Harem's MC still take risks like with the bandit ambush, while Sugar is way too careful despite nobody could beat him

Should be the other way around
Old 2018-07-07, 12:04   Link #8587
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
^I'm saying that it's kinda opposite now

The not OP ones are being reckless while The godlike ones just being too careful (or not doing anything at all (doesn't want to stand out))

Slave Harem's MC still take risks like with the bandit ambush, while Sugar is way too careful despite nobody could beat him

Should be the other way around
I must be not processing this conversation right. I was just kind of furthering mastermind's post regarding his post about having a regular MC and how he stated about what they should be going through. I was just asking about how he felt the MC should handle certain ethical situations. I was just bring up examples about them, since it seems the readers responds negatively to MCs that don't beat down on people/save lives.
Old 2018-07-07, 19:50   Link #8588
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Maybe The reason the readers respons negatively is because they thought mc have the power to solve the problem ... by force or the other way...but choose not to.

But if you just normal human... like john smith... then the thing he she could do is very limited... and if she he aware of it... then the thought about your own survival became your first priority... though i do not know if the normal hard otaku will ever realize that at first... cause the hype he she feel when he she can see magic elf dragon etc...
Then again with The only power he she has is his her incredible luck, that if he she fall from airplane.. he will still survive, even if he she have grave injury, no matter how odd the situation, like luffy or master chief, his her future is still not very promising....
And add it with the situation that surround him her is realistically bad... like humanity do not have land anymore except one single country while other part of the world is already in the possession of demon etc.... and he she being summoned because they really desperated.. and he she being summoned is just because he she has potential to save the world even without cheat at all...
Then the story about his her struggle to change himself herself
In "change or die" situation , that ultimately change the situation greatly and save the world, it could be potentially a good story...
Old 2018-07-08, 05:15   Link #8589
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

New raw... it is short one...
Old 2018-07-08, 08:04   Link #8590
Breimn

Vampire mosquitos around this summer! Take care to not be turned into a vampire too!
Poor Katrina lol.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 11:14   Link #8591
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Vampire mosquitos around this summer! Take care to not be turned into a vampire too!
Poor Katrina lol.
ironically this way
she became useful indirectly
Old 2018-07-09, 04:21   Link #8592
linhlopbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
ironically this way
she became useful indirectly
of course she is useful. That's why Satou keeps her as a pet.
linhlopbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 05:08   Link #8593
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^What a kind MC
Old 2018-07-09, 05:30   Link #8594
linhlopbaya

Quote:
^What a kind MC
a pragmatic one. That's why I like him. Such an asshole.
linhlopbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 05:47   Link #8595
medassin

i wonder why shiga high class dont reveal satou is nanashi. i mean, in divine punishment, people somewhere already recongnized team pendargon = team golden knight?
Old 2018-07-09, 07:45   Link #8596
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by medassin View Post
i wonder why shiga high class dont reveal satou is nanashi. i mean, in divine punishment, people somewhere already recongnized team pendargon = team golden knight?
Revealing someone who is trying to hide their own identity and is a hero that is not only in some way connected to the founder "king", but also suspected to be some ancient godly dragon in human form. On top of that the person in question has a "subordinate" that took over almost the entire underground operation of the kingdom and is very likely to find out who leaked the information.

What could possibly go wrong?

tl;dr: the "shiga high class" care too much about their lives. They are afraid that revealing Satou's identity (as far as they are aware of, of course) would anger Satou and lead to him killing them or perhaps make them experience a fate worse than death. Not worth it.
Old 2018-07-09, 08:19   Link #8597
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^More like because they are mobs

Mobs can't think
Old 2018-07-09, 09:22   Link #8598
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by medassin View Post
Its satou we are talking about
He will run if his identity being revealed
And shiga king is not stupid enough to do something that will make them lose precious tool....

Well
Shiga kingdom' motto is
"Preserve world's peace.."

And satou is the right tool they could use to accomplice that

So in this case shiga king is a wise person...
Old 2018-07-09, 09:55   Link #8599
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

The Shiga King and the Prime Minister are not malicious people. Plus Hikaru is there to advice them on how to handle Satou. If she tells them not to reveal his identity then they would readily listen to the founder of their country.

Shiga Kingdom got lucky for having Satou/Nanashi around protecting them since so far no other country other than Saga Kingdom seem to be actively summoning heroes.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 22:19   Link #8600
medassin

we have illustraion vol 14

Spoiler for yuika:

Spoiler for she got buff again:

Spoiler for good friend:

Spoiler for more yuika:

Spoiler for arisa??:

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring