Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-03, 10:06   Link #601
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
They are trying to make her understand. You called it a platitude, but "killing is bad" is literally what they have to get through to her. Showing her that the world isnt just some toy box for her to play around in and that she can't just take lives at will is what they have to show her.
I called it a platitude because when Yuta called her out on it, he neglected to mention to her why exactly killing is bad. How are they supposed to make her understand that if they don't actually demonstrate to her the consequences of her actions.

Quote:
What function does it serve to punish her for them at this point? Punishment serves one of two purposes: deterrent from repeated offenses (which isnt going to work because Akane doesnt understand why its wrong) or justice for the aggrieved (of which there are none left). It'd be nothing but Yuta taking out his anger over what happened on her. Again, arguably justifiable but the opposite of heroic.
It's not about punishing her, it's about making her understand that her actions have consequences, which should be a prerequisite of saving her.

Quote:
The point is to get through to her and make her understand she has something to repent for at all.
Simply offering her salvation and friendship straight up won't teach her that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 10:15   Link #602
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I called it a platitude because when Yuta called her out on it, he neglected to mention to her why exactly killing is bad. How are they supposed to make her understand that if they don't actually demonstrate to her the consequences of her actions.
There isnt a "reason" though, beyond the moral one of life having value. There is no greater power, legal or otherwise, that can hold Akane accountable for her actions.

For that matter there are no consequences either beyond making Yuta and the others angry with her. Nothing negative happens to her except that she can no longer get what she wants from the main cast.

They are literally just trying to convey basic morality to her at this point. "Platitudes" are the only things that matter.

Quote:
It's not about punishing her, it's about making her understand that her actions have consequences, which should be a prerequisite of saving her.
And again, the only consequences it can possibly have at this point have already been enacted. And she doesnt understand the connection between her actions and the consequences.

The only way to make her understand is to make her recognize her actions as "wrong". Actually dealing with the fact that she has done those things has to come after.

Quote:
Salvation and friendship are predicated on her ceasing her actions and facing reality.
Old 2018-12-03, 11:02   Link #603
Kitsu Breaker

Akane x Rikka really had more chemistry with each other.

But really, isnīt last episode confirmed that the Suit team can defeat Kaijus alone without Yuuta?

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 12:01   Link #604
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
Akane x Rikka really had more chemistry with each other.

But really, isnīt last episode confirmed that the Suit team can defeat Kaijus alone without Yuuta?
Powered Zenon is a back-up of sort when Gridman is out of commision, though. I said it's about as strong as Gridman with a single Assist Weapon at most, what's with the extremely limited articulation(it has no knees or elbows).

So a correct power level order should be like this: FP Gridman>Max Gridman>=Zenon=Gridman with Assist Weapons> regular Gridman.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 13:30   Link #605
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

I think the conversation Yuuta had with her at the Tonkawa family place was pretty clear cut, imo. It's just that Akane was flat out ignoring him. True he hasn't been very direct with her since but I'm sure you can imagine how apprehensive they must be to confront a literal God. I'd take my time with it too.

Plus I think it's more the case that they still have to follow a monster of the week formula, and that this is more just down to the storyline structure rather than an indication on Yuuta's character.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 22:00   Link #606
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think the conversation Yuuta had with her at the Tonkawa family place was pretty clear cut, imo. It's just that Akane was flat out ignoring him. True he hasn't been very direct with her since but I'm sure you can imagine how apprehensive they must be to confront a literal God. I'd take my time with it too.
If Akane was a literal god, she could just make this world perfectly to her taste rather than including a bunch of things that piss her off and make her want to kill people. Plus she wouldn’t be losing to Gridman week after week. And on top of that, people she’s “created” (Rikka and Utsumi) broke free from the control of a Kajiura she created. I seriously doubt she’s as omnipotent as a literal always god.

And I’m still keeping a foot in the “Alexis is the real creator” door just in case. If Akane is the real creator after all, why would she need his help to make Kaiju?
Old 2018-12-03, 22:46   Link #607
Applehell

Pretty decent episode. The style and direction continue to be Gridman's strength even if think the script is becoming a little less so. After the big reveal, everything afterword just felt as we have been in some weird holding pattern with plot by having the characters dancing around the main subject.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 00:00   Link #608
kanoguti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Pretty decent episode. The style and direction continue to be Gridman's strength even if think the script is becoming a little less so. After the big reveal, everything afterword just felt as we have been in some weird holding pattern with plot by having the characters dancing around the main subject.
Yea, it feels like they're trying to have both normal, chillax school life but the series is flying towards it's conclusion, it just feels weird. They can't really have both at this point.
Old 2018-12-04, 01:57   Link #609
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
If Akane was a literal god, she could just make this world perfectly to her taste rather than including a bunch of things that piss her off and make her want to kill people. Plus she wouldn’t be losing to Gridman week after week. And on top of that, people she’s “created” (Rikka and Utsumi) broke free from the control of a Kajiura she created. I seriously doubt she’s as omnipotent as a literal always god.
I wasn't talking about an Abrahamic God and regardless the show and its characters specifically refer to her as one.
Old 2018-12-04, 03:37   Link #610
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
I wasn't talking about an Abrahamic God and regardless the show and its characters specifically refer to her as one.
I know that’s not what you meant. But she doesn’t seem to be a god in almost any sense at all given how everything around her is so irritating to her (as she frequently shows with her temper tantrums at various things, if she could change things to her liking then why doesn’t she?), constantly losing to Gridman, and now her “created” characters resisting her. She can hardly be called a god in any sense other than figurative when she can’t control anything and almost nothing is going her way anymore. They call her the god of this world because she created it, but it doesn’t even seem like she has any real control of what she creates, if so much ticks her off.

All part of why I think it might be revealed that Alexis is the real creator. But that’s just a guess based on this.
Old 2018-12-04, 15:50   Link #611
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I know that’s not what you meant. But she doesn’t seem to be a god in almost any sense at all given how everything around her is so irritating to her (as she frequently shows with her temper tantrums at various things, if she could change things to her liking then why doesn’t she?), constantly losing to Gridman, and now her “created” characters resisting her. She can hardly be called a god in any sense other than figurative when she can’t control anything and almost nothing is going her way anymore. They call her the god of this world because she created it, but it doesn’t even seem like she has any real control of what she creates, if so much ticks her off.

All part of why I think it might be revealed that Alexis is the real creator. But that’s just a guess based on this.
This is all kinda besides the point here. She probably isn't really the God of this world but it's not about what we think, the point was about what the Yuuta gang think and their lack of confrontation. I just made a point that they have good reason to be cautious and they do.

No, she can't control four people plus whatever the hell the Neon Genesis Gang are but there's no indication she's lost control over anybody else so she's still pretty powerful. You may disagree and that's fine because the subjectivity of whether Akane is a God isn't going to be something that the Yuuta gang would be bothered splitting hairs about. In any case, whilst I'm not overly familiar with Non-Abrahamic Gods, I am familiar enough with them to know that control isn't what makes them Gods, it's power. And whilst we may know that it's Alexis that brings life to Akane's designs, the Yuuta gang don't know that. They also probably don't realise how much things weren't going Akane's way either, until maybe now.
Old 2018-12-04, 17:02   Link #612
Blueknight78

Quote:
This is all kinda besides the point here. She probably isn't really the God of this world but it's not about what we think, the point was about what the Yuuta gang think and their lack of confrontation. I just made a point that they have good reason to be cautious and they do.

No, she can't control four people plus whatever the hell the Neon Genesis Gang are but there's no indication she's lost control over anybody else so she's still pretty powerful. You may disagree and that's fine because the subjectivity of whether Akane is a God isn't going to be something that the Yuuta gang would be bothered splitting hairs about. In any case, whilst I'm not overly familiar with Non-Abrahamic Gods, I am familiar enough with them to know that control isn't what makes them Gods, it's power. And whilst we may know that it's Alexis that brings life to Akane's designs, the Yuuta gang don't know that. They also probably don't realise how much things weren't going Akane's way either, until maybe now.
well it's not just "about being Abrahamic or not, basically all gods in many religions hold basically the same power in cases of religions with multiple gods like greek gods or egypt gods, while a single god don't hold all the powers, all of that gods share some "common powers" which are said to control the peoples life, like powers to kill and destroy places at they will or "heal" peoples, some of our currently "single god" also happened in others religions, things like having "demi gods childrens" build and destroy things, it's not was exclusive to Abrahamic god, if you go and read a lot of "greek" myth and bla bla bla you will find a lot of "supernatural god like" feats, which really akane currently lack.

So far the only real feat she have is "creating the world and peoples" and "teleport/blink to whatever she want and not dying from fall, excluding that she being "pretty weak" "for a god".

so far for me akane going to "redemption route" is more due to her being a "hot big boobs chicken (waifus) than she really diservers any redemption without any punishment.

She currently still a pretty psycho/crazy murder without any real attachment to that world than her desire to "play" her niponic real life size"the sims".

So far the only thing which could make us don't want see her dead could because she is not going on a full bloodlust murderer and she only killed "so far on screen" a single person and normally she only try to focus to kill only what she feel diservers to die not the "whole town" but this also don't means which if peoples get killed during the battle she will feel bad about it, so far she showed none sort of empathy toward anything even yuuta is more like one of her "dolls".
Old 2018-12-04, 18:57   Link #613
Magewolf

Akane measures up well when compared to the Greek or Norse gods so I do not see what all the arguments are about. Most of them could only control people out of fear and did a pretty bad job at that the majority of the time.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 14:30   Link #614
Blueknight78

wow, what a great way to sunk a crazy ship, that is what happen when peoples "like the crazy murderous psycho girls just because she is a waifus material, she just "literally stab your in the belly to remember you how crazy and broken she is.

and now we have 2 gridmans the gridman and knight gridman lol, anti really steal the spot on this episode.

really looks like the school without akane become "bad" since peoples can't live without having her at they sides.

also this "strange new hidden monster" was really OP and looks like the monsters workers are "fired" and probably the town not gonna be "rebuild again" in next day since all the workers where killed, looks like finally akane decided to give up in that world and let it die.
Old 2018-12-08, 16:07   Link #615
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Cray Cray shank MC, now shit get real.
Old 2018-12-08, 16:18   Link #616
akumaten

I knew this was going to happen and it still stings
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 16:50   Link #617
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's obvious they aren't killing Yuta but that ending sure feels unfitting XD

This was one of the best episodes so far considering we had some good fights as well as some development in the main plot.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 17:04   Link #618
drawr

I think I've been watching someone throw an unnecessarily violent tantrum over her sims not doing what she wants for 10 episodes.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 18:02   Link #619
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
I think I've been watching someone throw an unnecessarily violent tantrum over her sims not doing what she wants for 10 episodes.
lol, that is what happens when you play the sims 4
Old 2018-12-08, 19:09   Link #620
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I literally did a double take of that moment that showed Akane's house is literally next door to the shop. That was loltastic.

I love how much depth has gone into Akane's utter psychosis. If I interpreted this episode correctly I think the episode was implying that Akane doesn't think she's human and may be a kaiju herself. The jury's out on whether this is Alexis deceiving her or if she's genuinely not human. And that stab at the end left me speechless. Bitch be crayola crayon cray cray.

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya