AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-17, 22:50   Link #161
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have no idea how this arc is going to end. It seems like Rishe has been outplayed by Arnold and Michel, but surely this can't end this way.

The scene on the balcony was very romantic.
I'm thinking Rishe is inspired by the fireflies to come up with fireworks for the black powder and Kyle is able to stand up for himself and impress Arnold...otherwise I don't see way out of this for them .
Old 2024-03-18, 06:15   Link #162
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Rishe loves Arnolds' eyes but he hates them because they're the same as his father, and he has a lot of ill thoughts regarding that man and in turn his own nation because of it (even if he still cares about it more than he says). And it's those same feelings that transfer to how harsh and cold he can come off...
It's not surprising that Arnold comes off this way, especially after learning much later on how cruel and brutal his father has been.

Spoiler for the emperor of Galkhein:

But it's funny how in the story so far we have seen very little of the emperor himself, and that most facts are given based on the accounts of Arnold and others.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 22:33   Link #163
Thor's Hammer

This loop is shaping up to be terrible. By the looks of the latest episode, it looks like Michel somehow got the go ahead to test black powder judging by how Arnold was waiting for Theodore to interrupt his meeting so that Rishe would leave the room. I'm not sure it's possible to salvage things, but maybe something will surprise me.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 09:48   Link #164
Frontier

Michel believed in Rishe in her 3rd Loop, and in turn Rishe grew to greatly respect and appreciate him, which is why she has to do everything in her power to prevent him from committing a terrorist act in Galkhein that could get people killed...all to show off he formidable power of the Black Powder .

But if Michel wants a physical demonstration of the effect of his Black Powder, then all Rishe has to do is basically hijack his demonstration and present counter-evidence that it doesn't need to be used as a force for violence or destruction...it can be something beautiful like fireworks! Because in true Rishe fashion (which is how Arnold totally knew she was responsible) she totally outplayed him and had Theodore's men find all the bombs and turn them into fireworks! Taking everything she learned from her Loop with Michel to make this happen .

Not only has Michel seen that the things he creates no longer have to be used just to destroy or harm things, but it even had the net benefit of making Arnold willing to negotiate with Coyolles after such a demonstration! It's a win-win for everybody! Well, Rishe has also been exposed to Lawvine, but that couldn't helped at this point .

Arnold can say he would have Michel privately killed if he had to, but Rishe knows that once he sees the value in what Michel can provide, there's no way he could get rid of him. She knows how to get through to her husband, and this demonstration was as much to show him the potential for less violent and destructive means as much as it was for Michel .

All's well that ends well! Kyle has more medicine from Rishe to keep him company and got exactly what he wanted, Michel got properly scolded and is now dedicating himself to bettering the world with his creations instead of harming it, and he and Rishe leave each other on a positive note with deepened respect and the promise to see each other again. And now Rishe's greatest "research project" is married life with her husband .

And bonus points, the ring is finally ready! Not that Arnold is too enthusiastic about it because he never intended for Rishe to actually wear the ring or force it, or it's expectations, on her...but she WANTS to wear the ring, and she wants to proudly display it, and her feelings and ties to Arnold. And she wants Arnold to put it on, even if it means him touching her without gloves .

Arnold puts a ring on it! Even gets on one knee and nibbles on Rishe's finger for good measure! And the two look at each other with such sincere and tender love for each other, Arnold even seems genuinely happy and jovial, with the promise of their future together and all the wondrous things they will see together! Though the thing that makes Arnold happiest will probably always be having Rishe by his side !
Old 2024-03-24, 10:48   Link #165
carmolita

More than allow him to touch her, when Arnold kneeled and said, "may I touch you?" and rishe said, "yes". That was her officially lifting the do not touch me ban. Gloves are no longer needed between them.

In the novels she is mad at herself for ever telling him not to touch her because she never disliked or felt disgusted when he touched her. She realizes this when she thought back to how she felt when he kissed her for the first time. In a way by saying that to him she feels she may have hurt him like mentally/emotionally because he doesn't want to be like his father but he feels like he stole her future by forcing her to marry him.

Last edited by carmolita; 2024-03-24 at 12:18.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 14:15   Link #166
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I enjoyed it overall but I definitely thought it was one of the weaker ones in the genre. I couldn't decide between 6 and 7 so I'll give it 6.5/10 rounded in whatever direction I feel that day.
Old 2024-03-24, 15:30   Link #167
magnuskn

Started out great, then got quite a bit weaker in the tail end. 6,5/10, there are better shows in the genre. The best moment in the show was Rishe going full Terminator on her kidnappers.
Old 2024-03-24, 18:52   Link #168
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I personally enjoyed it a lot. The core concept is good and the characters were great. Rishe is a bit too much of a Mary Sue, but she's endearing enough for me to let it slide. She is also ridiculously hot.

I was still disappointed everything was resolved so easily in the last episode though.

I'd give a 8/10.
Old 2024-03-25, 01:08   Link #169
Thor's Hammer

Seeing Arnold accept that the ring he gifted to Rishe is beautiful is already a change compared to before when he said he hated the colour of his eyes. Rishe didn't realize it, but Arnold was saying the ring was another thing he found beautiful. I found it very wholesome and welcomed Arnold's character development as he got over his hatred for his eyes.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 17:00   Link #170
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I personally enjoyed it a lot. The core concept is good and the characters were great. Rishe is a bit too much of a Mary Sue, but she's endearing enough for me to let it slide. She is also ridiculously hot.

I was still disappointed everything was resolved so easily in the last episode though.

I'd give a 8/10.
She's hyper-competent at everything that isn't romance which...I guess isn't the worst weakness .
Old 2024-03-26, 19:18   Link #171
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She's hyper-competent at everything that isn't romance which...I guess isn't the worst weakness .
Its actually kind of impressive how little experience with romance she's had after all those loops.
Old 2024-03-26, 23:30   Link #172
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Its actually kind of impressive how little experience with romance she's had after all those loops.
From all accounts it seemed like she was a heavy workaholic who put her all into her career and died before she could focus on anything else.

Also all the prominent men in her past loops were either mentor figures (1st and 3rd) or knew of her as a guy (6th).
Old 2024-03-29, 08:25   Link #173
Decel

Started really strong but from the brother's arc on I felt that the show lost the punch it had. There were glimpse of entertainment here and there but meh.

Rishe's personna solo-carried the show, fortunately and unfortunately (for the rest of the cast). Felt like the whole loop thingy was just a gig to power up Rishe and nothing else.

5/10. I'm not even sure how I managed to not drop this mid-season.
Old 2024-04-06, 20:47   Link #174
Alchemist007
*Author

Almost a stockholm syndrome sort of narrative, the guy is a lunatic with power that the girl is trying to talk down from war...and is also infatuated with.

5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Started really strong but from the brother's arc on I felt that the show lost the punch it had. There were glimpse of entertainment here and there but meh.

Rishe's personna solo-carried the show, fortunately and unfortunately (for the rest of the cast). Felt like the whole loop thingy was just a gig to power up Rishe and nothing else.
Her previous lives sounded like they would've been more interesting to watch. I get part of her motivation here was to stop a war but the infatuation angle was too much.
Old 2024-04-06, 23:53   Link #175
Barstool74

The first few episodes were great, it just kinda fell apart when she fell in love with him. Plus the end kinda sucked, a real wet fart.

6/10

I still want a second season though.
Barstool74 is offline   Reply With Quote