AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-19, 11:37   Link #121
SamCurt

Since I tend to think the authors of otome isekai tend to base their so-called "feudal Euporean" society based on the Tokugawa Shogunate, the feudal society both the authors and readers are the most familiar with, what we're seeing here is should count as a case of O-Ie Sōdō.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 16:46   Link #122
Strahan

Thank God Patrick and Yumiella finally got together. I was about to reach through the screen and strangle that idiot for not being assertive. When she said about the adoption and wanting to be family, I'm like dude say there are other ways for us to be family you know lol.

She such a softie. No way I'd go so easy my parents if they tried to kill me. At least they didn't have any actual relationship though; it'd be way more vile if it was like in another anime this season where people who actually raised their child were fine with her being murdered. Since they're so concerned with prestige, I'd tell the king he needs to revok their status as nobility and make them work as peasants hehe.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 19:04   Link #123
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given how raising your level enhances absolutely everything about yourself (your five senses, durability, strength, speed, etc...), it's pretty much necessary for Patrick to grind hard if he ever wants to have kids with Yumiella. Not sure a lvl 60 dick can break through a lvl 99 hymen, might have to grind more.

This episode felt pretty rushed but I'm glad those two officially got together. Her wanting to adopt Patrick because she needs to think about having a successor was fairly typical of her. And yes, I wanted Patrick to highlight the other more natural way for them to become family.

Already the battle against the demon king next week. Something is probably going to go horribly wrong.
Old 2024-03-20, 01:36   Link #124
magnuskn

I still think "the game makes me do things I don't even want" thing is going to be involved, why invoke it otherwise at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the demon lord is just some lonely kid who actually doesn't want to hurt anyone, but the "gamemaster" is making him do so. Or he's a stereotypical muscle bro who shouts a lot and then gets defeated, take your pick.

Good for Patrick and Yumiella that they finally are together. Although I think Yumiella feels more affection than love for Patrick. ^^
Old 2024-03-20, 10:38   Link #125
HandofFate

wow, i'm surprised that Patrick got to lv60. Actually shows that anyone could do what Dolkness did and she isn't a cheat character.
Old 2024-03-24, 14:14   Link #126
Kazu-kun

Her cheat is her dark magic, not her level.
Old 2024-03-24, 18:30   Link #127
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Already the battle against the demon king next week. Something is probably going to go horribly wrong.
Or the Demon Lord sees Yumelia and gives up on the spot and decides to stop being evil and retire.
Old 2024-03-26, 11:03   Link #128
Frontier

It's the return of the Demon Lord and hordes of CGI monsters are swarming Valschein! It's up to Yumiella and the game protagonists to stop him, and she's even wearing an amulet of protection for Patrick's sake !

Look at Patrick successfully leading the troops and even soloing a dragon! Yumiella would be so proud !

Oh snap, it's Daisuke Ono as the Demon Lord! And he's totally wrecking the game cast! Even after all this they're still underleveled! I guess it was always going to come down to Yumiella being the only one that could stop him .

So the Demon Lord is intrinsically tied to Valschein, originally he was a human who was an invaluable aid and warrior to the first king and helped bring the nation together. But his power made him feared and hated and the kingdom eventually turned on him, even making him and his dark hair a boogeyman for the entire nation, leading to the grudge and resentment that would transform him into the Demon Lord .

Yumiella very well could've ended up like him (and did in the original game) but through her friends, comrades, and Patrick she was able to find the motivation to fight for others. And with that power she's able to defeat the Demon Lord (who gets sucked into his own black hole!). And he embraces the end, happy that he no longer has to live for revenge .

Of course there's still the matter of the game making Alicia try to kill Yumiella because she's still the Hidden Boss...good thing for the amulet of protection! But thanks to the power of this still being an Otome game and Yumiella's deadpan delivery, the power of love and friendship prevail! Too bad Edwin beat Will and Oz to confessing to Alicia .

The rejected boys work out their frustration on monsters, Alicia and Edwin embrace being the Hero and Heroine, and Yumiella has Patrick .

All's well that ends well! Yumiella settling into a good school life practicing with the boys, building her friendship with Eleonora, and dungeon-crawling with her boyfriend !
Old 2024-03-26, 12:52   Link #129
Huh...?

They really changed the whole climax plot relating to Alicia, Oswald & William.

Alicia wasn't controlled by some unknown force to stab Yumiella, she did it on her own accord with both Oswald & William supporting her decision (only Prince Edward was against it all).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 12:57   Link #130
Kazu-kun

All the versions have differences.
Spoiler for WN and LN spoilers:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2024-03-26 at 16:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 13:38   Link #131
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All the versions have differences.
Spoiler for WN and LN spoilers:
I don't think the original WN was written with continuation in mind though it eventually did. The anime doesn't seem concerned with continuing either considering the Edwin confession. I'm not sure where the change leaves Eleonora now... though I guess Alicia still needs some kind of punishment.

Other than that it was a mostly solid adaptation... with the exception of some of that 3DCG. Probably a 7.5/10 after the revised ending.
Old 2024-03-26, 16:02   Link #132
magnuskn

Welp, the demon lord turned out to be a shouty muscular dude (kind of, at points). And of course the "game" tried to kill Yumiella at the end, but at least it didn't make her turn against her friends.

It was a fun anime with a deadpan protagonist, brought down a bit by horrible, horrible CGI inserts. 7,5/10, would have been an 8 without the terrible CGI.
Old 2024-03-26, 18:53   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know there are more volumes, but anime works fairly well as a self-contained story. It was a simple story 100% carried by its adorably dorky protagonist. Patrick was also pretty cool.

My favorite part of the final was Yumiella cheering Alicia on in the most deadpan manner possible.
Old 2024-03-26, 23:33   Link #134
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I don't think the original WN was written with continuation in mind though it eventually did. The anime doesn't seem concerned with continuing either considering the Edwin confession. I'm not sure where the change leaves Eleonora now... though I guess Alicia still needs some kind of punishment.

Other than that it was a mostly solid adaptation... with the exception of some of that 3DCG. Probably a 7.5/10 after the revised ending.
They even said as much in the finale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Welp, the demon lord turned out to be a shouty muscular dude (kind of, at points). And of course the "game" tried to kill Yumiella at the end, but at least it didn't make her turn against her friends.

It was a fun anime with a deadpan protagonist, brought down a bit by horrible, horrible CGI inserts. 7,5/10, would have been an 8 without the terrible CGI.
I just find it funny that in one of the last episodes of this season we have Daisuke Ono playing a Demon Lord when he's reprising Sebastian in a few weeks .
Old 2024-03-27, 00:54   Link #135
Alchemist007
*Author

Almost brought down by the last century cg dragon, but the comedy level was high enough.Yumiella's deadpan delivery did wonders, though I wish there was more of Elenora since she was so prominent in the ED.

8/10
Old 2024-03-27, 01:18   Link #136
magnuskn

Yeah, I don't get that focus on Eleonora in the ED, since she was really only a tertiary character. I actually wanted more of the adorable airhead ohohoho-ojou.
Old 2024-03-27, 06:42   Link #137
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, I don't get that focus on Eleonora in the ED, since she was really only a tertiary character. I actually wanted more of the adorable airhead ohohoho-ojou.
It would have made scene if the plot had been same as Light Novel, because Edward actually got his heart broken by Alicia in that adaptation, so there was no chance of those two ever becoming a couple, leaving Eleonora free to pursue Edward.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote