AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-18, 06:05   Link #1
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

Anime with Insane, F**ked up, Strange, Mind blowing and out of control endings.

Hope everyone is healthy and doing well. Watching lots of anime(reading manga) I hope.

Last time I wrote it was about suggestions for brutal swordswinging anime. This time I am in the hunt for the most reckless, crazy, insane, chaotic anime endings that are out there.
There is no need for the endings to be sad but that doesnt really matter, I just wanna see an anime that in the end it all just goes to hell, f*cks up totaly. It could be main character kills everyone including friends(a real killing frenzy so to say). Well that sounded depressing but hope you get my point. An ending that leaves you stunned and it takes atleast some minutes to recover from this end.
I really love that feeling when you watched an anime an all felt under control up until like the last episode or some of the very last, then it all goes right of the cliff.

You can read my anime list in my sig but you could allso type all suggestions you got for these kind of animes. So maybe people who find this intresting aswell have alot of suggestions too. Hope we can make a really nice list here.

I can start with some of my favorite all-goes-to-hell endings:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - the series is like overall f*cked up basicly or atleats after some ep's. But the movie( End of Eva) is a real gut wrencher.

Berserk - I have read the manga so I know it continues afterwads but the anime got a really insane ending. Love it though.

Now let the thoughts flow.

Radzor out.

My anime list Here.
Old 2006-09-18, 06:39   Link #2
nemoleo
Uruz-7

Well, I recommend you Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, that is composed by short stories of 2 to 6 episodes. Each story follows the same main story, the characters are the same, and they all have a violent and bloody end. Besides, some kind of insane atmosphere is present during all the serie. A really good and well done show in my opinion.
Old 2006-09-18, 07:10   Link #3
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

A answer so soon, thanks alot man. *bow* Ill check that out right away.

My anime list Here.
Old 2006-09-18, 15:52   Link #4
jedinat

The Devilman OVAs... the first two are violent and everything, but the last one just F***s everything over. OVA 1, OVA 2, OVA 3. (the first two mostly serves as a build up for the last one, which I hated... but then I hated the ending of Berserk also ^^)

Well, while we're on Devilman, I guess Devilman Lady might count also... the last few episodes everything pretty much goes to hell.
Old 2006-09-18, 16:34   Link #5
Budweineken
Crap

Don't know about mindblowing, but here are some series that have some strange endings, others may simply be sad or whatever:

Texhnolyze
Saikano
Chrno Crusade
I second Devilman Lady
Wolf's Rain

I haven't seen them, but I guess they might be worth a shot:

Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
Old 2006-09-18, 17:43   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I would highly recommend Monster, my favorite anime series. It certainly, most certainly, fits your criteria for a mindblowing, out of control, HOLY SHIT WHAT IS GOING ON WHY IS THIS IS SO AWESOME ending. It certainly left me stunned, and unable to process for *quite* a while. Though that was also because the whole series up to then had just been so fantastic and its climax served as a way to get all the emotions out into lots of shaking in one's chair and biting of nails...

However, it doesn't so much fit the part in which you said:

Quote:
I really love that feeling when you watched an anime an all felt under control up until like the last episode or some of the very last, then it all goes right of the cliff.
Because in Monster you never actually feel like you know what's going on. You never feel that you have it al under control (and indeed you don't). The ending *is* the most "off-the-cliff" part though.

Watch out before you start, though: Monster is an epic, seventy-four episodes in length (and only half-an-episode of recap over the entire series, namely the first half of episode 8), and it needs to be watched in more or less a short period of time, becaue it's not surprising for a minor secondary character to leave the story at episode, say, 12, and then come back in episode 50 and suddenly have a big role, totally connected to everything that happened before. Monster is really, really deep - but it's all the more beautiful for that.

It is also a series that will NOT appeal to the impatient. Urasawa Naoki, the writer of the original manga (of which this is a practically frame-by-frame adaptation), obviously had his whole story planned out from the beginning, and he never rushed its telling. Sometimes even the main character falls out of the picture for a few episodes while Urasawa sets up a new story arc.

In the end, though, if you like introspective, intelligent, and extremely thought-provoking anime (with many philosophical and psychological undertones), and like it when characters are believable and there is a helluva lot of character development, then Monster is for you.

If you do decide to check this out, shoot me a PM and tell me how you like it! It's a pretty under-the-radar show because of its considerable exclusivity, so a new fan is always something to be happy about
Old 2006-09-18, 18:07   Link #7
ImClueless
Rawr

My suggestion would be Mahoromatic The tone of the ending is soo different from the rest of the show, especially the last episode. When I first saw the last episode, I thought I had downloaded a mislabeled episode from another show. Besides, its a Gainax show same as NGE and they do screwy endings
Old 2006-09-18, 19:38   Link #8
OUGI
[ take off your cool ]

Gantz. The entire anime is out of control. You see the difference between anime created for kids versus anime created for adults. i had to sit and stew for a while before i could even get my head back into the world.
Old 2006-09-19, 05:04   Link #9
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

Thanks for you suggestions, nice we got this thread going
I have heard of some of the suggestions before as anime with crazy endings. Now I think I will check them out though.

I am still looking for some other brutal slaughtering ending, like berserk. But the ones you suggested will work as well. I Think I will check out Monster, I usually just decide for one anime and see it all straight in a row.

My anime list Here.
Closed Thread