AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-08-31, 12:57   Link #461
Dual247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
A filler after this arc is almost 100% certain.
i have absolutely no problem whatsoever with a OP filler arc. i enjoy most of them, because filler or not, the mugiwaras makes it full. heck, even if OP has to go through a season worth of fillers, i'd have no problem with it, because 1) i have faith that i'll enjoy most of them, and 2) new adventures of the strawhats are a good thing
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 13:12   Link #462
minimariam100

Send a message via AIM to minimariam100
Yeah, One Piece filler arcs are really good surprisingly, and i wouldnt mind it. It would be nice for the crew to relax and have a non extreme arc. I have to say, out of all anime fillers, OP has the best ones! (except that apis arc wasn't as good as the others..)
minimariam100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 11:48   Link #463
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 276:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 00:48   Link #464
chucky
Always impatient

To be honest, this flashback of Robin's past is the least sense making in too many aspects compared to any others in OP and it is just downright terribly written. You just dont get much new information you dont have in first hand other than
Spoiler:
And that alone doesnt need 8 chapters of manga to lay out imo, not to mention the tearjerking part is not efficient and quite a number of manga readers did find this flashblack pretty annoying and boring overall.

So shrug, I am not particularly looking forward to it and prolly will just skip it for good.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 04:50   Link #465
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
And that alone doesnt need 8 chapters of manga to lay out imo, not to mention the tearjerking part is not efficient and quite a number of manga readers did find this flashblack pretty annoying and boring overall.

So shrug, I am not particularly looking forward to it and prolly will just skip it for good.
From my recollection, the manga readers weren't too happy with the flashback bit at the start because it was delaying the big fight, but by the end, most were pretty happy, particularly how it fed into what happened next...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 06:39   Link #466
Glitch87

well.. the flashback ends very well and very dramatic IMO.... this middle part was probably the most boring part. Just wait till next episodes (will be a two parter) it will be awesome.

p.s. the flashback is more about robin and her pain than the world govt and stuff like that. that stuff is side stuff thrown in for fluff... like i said the next episode has the meat of the flashbacks importance.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 10:49   Link #467
eph

Quote:
You just dont get much new information you dont have in first hand other than
Spoiler:
There were lots of other stuff we learned from the flashback.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I was teary-eyed after

Spoiler:

Oh, and the flashback was not 8 chapters. It was 6 1/2, which is shorter than the Norland flashback, but longer than Chopper's (around 4 1/2 chapters) and Nami's.

Last edited by eph; 2006-09-12 at 12:34.
eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 17:53   Link #468
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by eph
In the flashback, we get to actually see what the Buster Call does and why Robin is so scared of it, and why she felt she was a burden on the crew.
Spoiler:
We know these already even without the flashback. Huh?

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I was teary-eyed after
I got teary eyes watching digimon too! Or Justin hugging Britney Spears. Or the moment Jessica Simpsons gonna divorce..........

chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:07   Link #469
minimariam100

its going to be tough to wait another two weeks for the special to come out on 9/24.. as if three weeks wasnt hard enough! but atleast after that it will be shown regularly on sundays
Old 2006-09-23, 03:35   Link #470
Pepz

So it will be back on tomorrow then? That's made my weekend!
Pepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 11:04   Link #471
minimariam100

yea sunday (9/24) is a double episode, so robins flash back will end in the first one, and i think they will go back to the present in the second episode.
Old 2006-09-23, 23:06   Link #472
Dual247

double-episode... veeeery nice

man, i can't wait til the action starts rolling
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 09:12   Link #473
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wheee! I'm staying in Japan and caught the second half of the one hour special and I must say it was spectacular, even without subs it did all the really emotional parts in the manga justice, and made me teary eyed twice.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 09:28   Link #474
marvelB

Oh yeah, next week Toei is going to air a short Chopper Man special! I've been waiting to see an animated version, though I'd rather it would have been a full TV special rather than a short. Hopefully, we'll see the other Log omakes animated next as well, like No Respect Time (an omake where the Straw-Hats are all mafia leaders). That was my personal favorite out of them (next to Obahan Time).

And as for the episodes, what I look forward to seeing most is:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 17:27   Link #475
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yes, the screencaps from the episodes look very nice.

And YAY Chopperman! I can't wait!
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 20:37   Link #476
Ogata
Underling

Notice how there wasn't a TO BE CONTINUED!? That means they won't finish it and pull a Naruto with 100 fillers or what? =(
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 00:06   Link #477
Chuixupu
Shikachu

No, I've already seen the titles for the next few episodes. What I do know is One Piece is moving to a different time slot next week.
Old 2006-09-25, 01:29   Link #478
Alexander Anderson
teh peacemaker

Actually it's not clearly sure whether they'll continue on with the episodes or they'll air reruns on the new timeslot. Notice that there are no FINAL title yet for the episode on Oct 1 in their weekly schedule.

AND... the regional Fuji Network's time slot for OP is all messed up. It's either they'll put OP on hiatus or they'll put OP on a different timeslot rather than the new sun-9.30am timeslot (AM,PM,mon,tue,wed,etc...)

Last edited by Alexander Anderson; 2006-09-25 at 01:39.
Alexander Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 14:51   Link #479
Pepz

Damn that was one of the best ep's I seen in an ages! Can't wait to see Chopperman!
Pepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 16:18   Link #480
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I really wish someone could get to the bottom of the whole time/day change thing, I hear so many different things it makes my head spin. Apparently it's airing on a different day and time for each seperate region. It looks like it's going to Friday nights in one region, Sunday mornings in another region, and then really early Sunday on another region and so on, and some schedules still list 7pm sunday evening.