AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 21:37   Link #47281
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ichika Worshipper?

Another point for my previous idea: To be a Harem master, or engage in a forbidden relationship, you have to be a Jocker or a King.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:44   Link #47282
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One step below mary sue, basically how Izuru describe Tatenashi in canon. In chapter 6 Ichika is not defeated once, but twice, and yet the exposition glorify him to no end. I feel hypocritical about it, really, and just realized it when I reread it after posting chapter 5.

As for harem: I have no words, I express disbelief that it'll be stable considering how screwed the canon characters are. Also, most harem story treat girls like object, not people.
Old 2013-10-21, 21:52   Link #47283
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ah yes, that is the advantage of Polygamy - You have a Field of Roses to play with! Very sharp thorn, I might warn.

And that is why you wrote Mirrorverse and Sacred Twin? To reduce Harem and reroute to something more... Disturbing?
Old 2013-10-21, 21:56   Link #47284
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Titillating, more correctly. Basically "screw your fetish here's mine", I regularly toyed with incest and such because the absurdity of the very idea. Whenever I write, I got a massive laugh out of it, but sometimes I still play them as serious issues to deal with (such as in ST) because I got the basic, and few people to discuss with.

Besides, dealing with one person you know well is much easier than dealing with five people you know jack and shit about.
Old 2013-10-21, 22:05   Link #47285
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, you're like the opposite of my brother. He cares more about the Events itself, the grandness, gracefulness of it. And that lead to his character being overglorified. Heck, if it not for fans and me, he might get rid every thread of romance in his work.

But question: How much knowledge about Madoka did you have when started writing ST?
Old 2013-10-21, 22:06   Link #47286
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, it helps if the other is at least attractive... Leads to the entire 'confusion' thing. Also helps confuse the others when the two main offenders are almost completely oblivious to all the subtext that they generate when they are together...
Old 2013-10-21, 22:10   Link #47287
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
But question: How much knowledge about Madoka did you have when started writing ST?
Two things: she looks like Chifuyu, and she is about Ichika age. Then my sister said 'probably his twin sister' then we joke about twincest and open up our basic Freudian psychology book...

Cue "God what have I done to this Fandom?!" moment roughly a year later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, it helps if the other is at least attractive... Leads to the entire 'confusion' thing. Also helps confuse the others when the two main offenders are almost completely oblivious to all the subtext that they generate when they are together...
This
Old 2013-10-21, 22:26   Link #47288
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Psst... Guess that the CannonBall Fast (anime.ver) gonna generate even more fan for ST?

Also, would it be logical if I imbued Tatenashi with Wang Liu Mei (Gundam 00) characteristic? I mean someone desprately for change, and would do anything to archive that?

That going to provide some good bittersweet scene with her and Ichika latter.
Old 2013-10-21, 22:32   Link #47289
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*Shrug*

I'm one of Liu Mei's hater (moreso than I hate Tatenashi, in fact), so I can't really tell without being extremely biased.

One I can point objectively: Liu Mei want change for her own amusement no matter if it's better or worse, this is closer to Tabane than Tatenashi.
Old 2013-10-21, 22:48   Link #47290
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Good point! Then a bit alliance between the two of them would be good!

Or I could always use Sumeragi with Tate. Wonder how would she fare against Vodka?

Now the idea of an Unicorn IS for him is really tempting...
Old 2013-10-21, 23:28   Link #47291
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, how long does it take for Tempest to write a draft?

As I see it, insane speed.
Old 2013-10-21, 23:38   Link #47292
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A draft of what? Depends on what I want, actually.

The dialogue is usually the first thing I write down along with one or two extra sentences for direction. Or I just build a scene that I have in my head, and work from there...

Case in point, I wrote a lil something at the end of the last page. I'll post it up here in spoiler tag:

Spoiler for A Winter's Night - MirrorVerse:

Editing/Beta'ing someone else's work, however, that's a bit of a trick. Because you never want to overshadow the original intent or 'flavor' of the origin, yet you want to enhance it as well. Like cooking. Icchan feels at ease with Ikkun in a kitchen not just because he's a good cook but because they can compliment each other. Two good cooks does not automatically make for a happy kitchen...

What I *want* to do is to bring out the details and nuances in Zero's style that he wants but because of English being the pesky language it is, he might have trouble with it. I only go as far as what he wrote about in his draft. I can get descriptive as long as it doesn't overstep his original intent - this is still his story.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2013-10-21 at 23:49.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 00:15   Link #47293
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You know what, Tempest, maybe I should ask to be my consultant on the field of snippets.
Old 2013-10-22, 00:22   Link #47294
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You won't regret it, but be patient. He's an adult, and adults are busy as hell.

And Tempest if you went for the lime don't forget to PM it!

---

Muvluv I.S. with 80% less grimderp would have primary cast of

Ichika Orimura: The newcomer to the squad, naive and straightforward. He secretly harbors extreme self esteem and guilt issues about the (apparent) death of his sister/legal guardian and his classmates in military academy, and posses a borderline obsession/hatred toward Ruitare-class BETA (presumably the cause of his sister's death)
Machine: Type94 Shiranui(不知火) , later Type04 Shiranui Second (不知火 弐型)

Houki Shinonono: *Yaddayadda*Nobles*Yaddayadda*sister*Yaddayadda*
Machine: Type97 Fubuki (吹雪), later Type00F Takemikazuchi (武御雷)

Sarashiki Tatenashi: *Yaddayadda*Organization*Yaddayadda*Squad leader*Yaddayadda*Family*Yaddayadda*
Machine: Type94 Shiranui(不知火), later Type00F Takemikazuchi (武御雷)

Dan Gotanda: *Yaddayadda*classmate*Yaddayadda*survivor*Yaddayad da*Ichika*Yaddayadda*
Machine: Type97 Fubuki (吹雪), later Type94 Shiranui(不知火)

Secondary cast:

Huang Lingyin: *Yaddayadda*Chinese*Yaddayadda*Family*Yaddayadda*A rmy*Yaddayadda*
Machine: J-10X

Charlotte Dunois: *Yaddayadda*Industry*Yaddayadda*Dunois*Yaddayadda* France*Yaddayadda*
Machine: Dass-Ault Rafale

Cecilia Alcott: *Yaddayadda*Parents*Yaddayadda*European*Yaddayadda *Noble*Yaddayadda*
Machine: EF-2000 Typhoon

Natasha Fairs:
*Yaddayadda**Yaddayadda*US Air Force*Yaddayadda*Trainer*Yaddayadda*
Machine: F-22A Raptor

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-10-22 at 00:32.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 00:44   Link #47295
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Let's see what we have got here... Just as how I planned! J-10X is actually quite fit for Rin, you know why? Its name is "Vigorous Dragon".

But Iris should be the pilot of Raptor, while Natasha get F-35 Lightning II. And I expect Dan to pilot something like F-4J Gekishin or F-15J Kagerou at first. With Tatenashi Type F, Kai Zuikaiku on her first sortie.

But how do you get this?
Old 2013-10-22, 00:53   Link #47296
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I know muvluv tech role very well, being an avid fan of Air combat and all

Note that I give Natasha F-22 because it's the strongest Anti-TSF unit with insane mobility, while F-35 sounds like a hybrid of TSF and TSA, a compact unit with heavy firepower.
Old 2013-10-22, 00:55   Link #47297
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, toned down Houki and Ichika to the Shiranui Second Phase 3 - a cross between Shiranui and YF-23 Black Widow.

Also, does a EOS look similar to a Tieren?
Old 2013-10-22, 00:58   Link #47298
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And Shirasaki sister. A Su-47 for both of them, while upgraded Su-37 for Kanzashi.

Question: If Icchan and Ickun having children, how much similar will them be to their parent?
Old 2013-10-22, 01:00   Link #47299
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, do Japan have good ties with Soviet here? Also, most people agree that 00F > Shiranui Second in close combat.

Either she turned to look like Icchan or she look like another mini Chifuyu

As noted before: Male Ichika resemble Chifuyu more than female Ichika does, and so is Madoka. Icchan's facial features are recessive
Old 2013-10-22, 01:09   Link #47300
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

*Imagine mini-Chifuyu running around the house, slaughtering cats with her game of cooking*

Suddenly I feel sorry for them.

And yes, Type F is truly superior than Shiranui Second. But should I mention that Phase 3 is a fusion with YF-23, which is superior than the Raptor itself in close combat. The only problem that Black Widow is very delicate.

And should I mention that both Yui and Yuuya get Phase 3 in the end?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest