AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 07:47   Link #3821
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Well, some filler and some exposition, short but somehow concise chapter. Apparently the next highlight of Force will be this Mock battle, we would see if Tohma keeps his unbelievable Story Breker Powers or if he receives a Redemption Promotion(like the Wolks) that downgrade his "game breakness" to more story-manageable levels.
You mean Demotion. Promotion is when becoming a good guy makes a villain stronger.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 08:02   Link #3822
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
- Nanoha and Vita presents themselves with the same ranks they sported on StrikerS(Captain and 2nd Lietunant respectively). They divided the assistants in two groups, white shirts for beginners(Tohma, Isis, Lily) and black shirts for advanced(the rest). Vita mentions that the novices have forbidden to intervene on official activity, at least until they pass their first stage of training and learn to take care of themselves and their teammates.
- The training begins, Isis is confident about her physical prowess but 40 minutes after all the newbies are already tired by the warm-up exercises while everyone else is just ok, even Caro is enjoying herself xDU.
- Teana and Ginga join the practice and the warm-up ends to let pass to the combat training, everyone grab a Strike Cannon and start running around(yeah, they have a storage filled with those, apparently xDU).
- Vita start commenting her worries to Nanoha about having Tohma and Lily doing training with them as apparently she still don't have full thrust in them, still she's confident to raise those three to an average military level.
- Vita orders everyone to gear up in thier own suits for a mock battle, everyone is impressed at Tohma and Isis's protective gear(Caro even points out Tohma's sinister appearance). Tohma notes that his eyes are now green-ish blue instead of red. Subaru point's out that it's thanks to Lily stabilizing their power to allow him to use his body freely.
I call it a spirit. I feel happy when Tohma was finally able to control his power.
Old 2011-08-27, 08:38   Link #3823
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Please don't make things up.
Then by all means, I await the reasonable explanation why they don't work in warzones instead of killing civilians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Awww, Isis, you are such a wimp. :3
The difference between a skilled amateur and a trained soldier, it seems.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 09:08   Link #3824
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Then by all means, I await the reasonable explanation why they don't work in warzones instead of killing civilians.
By 'making things up' I was refering to the "kill whoever they want whenever they want for fun" comment because that is completely untrue and a prime example of exaggerating the flaws of people you don't like.

Who says they don't work in warzones? But right now at this current point in time they're on another mission to take out those scientists. Being tied down to some country's military wouldn't allow the freedom to do that.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:29   Link #3825
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Being tied down to some country's military wouldn't allow the freedom to do that.
You don't need to be tied down to a country's military to engage in a warzone you know. That's what mercenaries and privateers are for.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 10:09   Link #3826
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The difference between a skilled amateur and a trained soldier, it seems.
More like the difference between a person who's been through the White Devil's live fire exercises and one who hasn't. Because I am pretty sure that's how even experienced Bureau mages end up in Nanoha's regular class at first.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:18   Link #3827
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You don't need to be tied down to a country's military to engage in a warzone you know. That's what mercenaries and privateers are for.
Still, they can't be fighting in a warzone and search for the scientists at the same time.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:59   Link #3828
Arkeus

Quote:
By 'making things up' I was refering to the "kill whoever they want whenever they want for fun" comment because that is completely untrue and a prime example of exaggerating the flaws of people you don't like.
Because thye have been shown to do that. They talked about their modus operandi a few times. That's what they do.

Quote:
Who says they don't work in warzones? But right now at this current point in time they're on another mission to take out those scientists. Being tied down to some country's military wouldn't allow the freedom to do that.
And, again, this means they take their personal goals as more important as actually working legally.

So they are going to kill people randomly because they don't accept being tied down to any kind of law. This has been shown, you know. This isn't some kind of theory or anything.

The system of their group is pretty much that they don't want to obey any kind of exterior rules.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 11:14   Link #3829
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
The system of their group is pretty much that they don't want to obey any kind of exterior rules.
Further demonstrated by Curren's reaction when she found Vandin Corp. attempted to impose their own "rules" on the game. If you don't dance at the rythm of the Huckebein song, then you must pay.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 11:19   Link #3830
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Because thye have been shown to do that. They talked about their modus operandi a few times. That's what they do.

Gee, I don't see "for the lulz" on there.

Also, let's look at what they've done before and see if it was ever 'just for fun.' Note that having fun while doing it is not the same thing.

Veyron in the church: we don't know why exactly he did it, but he sure didn't look like he enjoyed it. He specifically notes that he was annoyed by it.

Cypha vs Signum: Signum got in Cypha's way of securing Thoma and she felt it would be a good message to the Bureau.

Huckebein vs Section 6: Section 6 attacked first.

Hucks vs scientists: They destroyed an Eclipse producing facility and also got some information.

So then, when exactly have the Huckebein gone "Killing these people would be so much fun! Let's go!"

Quote:
And, again, this means they take their personal goals as more important as actually working legally.

So they are going to kill people randomly because they don't accept being tied down to any kind of law. This has been shown, you know. This isn't some kind of theory or anything.

This legality thing is crap if you want to argue that they're horrible for killing people.

But if you want to play that way, the Huckebein have their own laws so they are killing 'legally' within their own system. Countries rarely care about the laws of other countries as history has shown several times, so then they should all be considered evil too.
Old 2011-08-27, 11:52   Link #3831
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Of course the Huckebein have their own rules, that's the point of calling them anarchists, they flat out reject any rules besides the ones impossed by them. and by their rules you're only food or a mean for them to reach a goal.

About your above statements i agree those aren't entirely "For the Evulz" but i must add something...

Veyron in the church: Annoyed =/= feelling responsible.
Cypha VS. Signum: Cypha was menacing Lily's life(if that where her true intentions or not didn't change what Signum and Agito saw and hear).
Huckebein VS Section Six: The Hucks kidnapped innocent people and near-fatally injured and official agent while proving being lethaly dangerous and unrepenant criminals. Enough reason to attempt an aggressive capture.
Huckebein at Vandin Corporation: They killed freaking everyone on the place from guards, executives and scientists to office boys, janitors and secretaries. Sure, they have a more "understandable" reason this time but still.

And every freaking time they behaved like A-holes.

Of course, some villains are beloved for that exact reason, so it's ok liking them for being insufferable dicks, i just find frutrating people attach to them attributes and/or traits they didn't have demonstrated yet.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 13:16   Link #3832
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Veyron in the church: we don't know why exactly he did it, but he sure didn't look like he enjoyed it. He specifically notes that he was annoyed by it.
Wasn't that more like, he was waiting for Touma, got bored, and decided to kill the nuns while he waited?

Quote:
Hucks vs scientists: They destroyed an Eclipse producing facility and also got some information.
As people have said earlier, putting aside the scientists, did the innocent cleaning ladies, food workers, etc, need to die there?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 15:01   Link #3833
Arkeus

There is also the fact that Veyron, about Thoma's village, was wondering why he had no report of doing it as it was the kind of things he usually does. this also makes me wonder if Infected loses their memories as times goes on (hence the need for diaries of massacres).
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 16:10   Link #3834
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Of course the Huckebein have their own rules, that's the point of calling them anarchists, they flat out reject any rules besides the ones impossed by them. and by their rules you're only food or a mean for them to reach a goal.
Then every country that's ever gone to war is an anarchist. I'm sure Iraq had plenty of laws against killing, but that didn't stop the US from carpet bombing them.

Quote:
About your above statements i agree those aren't entirely "For the Evulz" but i must add something...
Besides the point. Some one made a factually erroneous comment and I was pointing out the error in it.

Quote:
Of course, some villains are beloved for that exact reason, so it's ok liking them for being insufferable dicks, i just find frutrating people attach to them attributes and/or traits they didn't have demonstrated yet.
That goes both ways. You are acting like they're the spawn of Hitler and Skeletor whose piss is pure liquid malevolence. And that they eat babies and kick puppies too. Making some one out to be worse than they really are presents the same issue as making some one out to be better than they really are does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Wasn't that more like, he was waiting for Touma, got bored, and decided to kill the nuns while he waited?
He says "You're too late. Thanks to that I've had to unecessarily kill in such a disgusting place."

That doesn't suggest he did it out of boredom. Note that Thoma asked him if he killed the nuns and Veyron's just all "Huh?" and never answers the question. Plus you can see how the walls of the church have sets of 3 claws marks (Wolverine style). Veyron doesn't have something like that. He might have a clawed hand, but that would leave a 4 or 5 clawed mark.

Also note that he tells Thoma to hand the divider over if he wants to live. If he was really so cut throat why not just kill Thoma and take it?

Quote:
There is also the fact that Veyron, about Thoma's village, was wondering why he had no report of doing it as it was the kind of things he usually does. this also makes me wonder if Infected loses their memories as times goes on (hence the need for diaries of massacres).
Huh? Where did you get that from? Veyron just brushes off Thoma's question and tells Isis that if he wants to know more seek out the Huckebein family.
Old 2011-08-27, 16:14   Link #3835
vic-vic

Someone mentioned earlier, that recent character show that Veyron said that description of attackers (on Thoma village) close to his and Curren, but he didn`t remember doing so.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 17:25   Link #3836
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
close to his and Curren, but he didn`t remember doing so.
It was Tuesday.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 17:37   Link #3837
aers
*Fansubber

No pictures because they caught me (and the Chinese guys, apparently) napping..

(there were 3 posted, but they always get uploaded to temporary image hosts that go down pretty quick so unless you're there at the time...)

Spoiler for force 19 summary jp:

some other stuff that was posted as spoilers, dunno if it's just info in nyantype or something else

Spoiler:
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 17:43   Link #3838
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
By "work in warzones" I mean "work in places where combat is expected" not "work in warzones occasionally, then butcher civilians in peaceful places the other days."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It was Tuesday.
To translate for those unfamiliar with Street Fighter, "I don't remember doing that" could mean "There were so many villages I destroyed, how the hell am I supposed to remember each individual one?"
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 18:23   Link #3839
Justin_Brett

Not that he delivered it as charismatically as Raul Julia, of course.

There was that tidbit on Veyron's wiki that says the other Hucks kinda find the stuff he does distasteful, but that's kind of an informed attribute given he's not that different from the rest of them. I guess he does find churches disgusting, but it's not like atheism is a Moral Event Horizon.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 19:06   Link #3840
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
No pictures because they caught me (and the Chinese guys, apparently) napping..

(there were 3 posted, but they always get uploaded to temporary image hosts that go down pretty quick so unless you're there at the time...)

Spoiler for force 19 summary jp:

some other stuff that was posted as spoilers, dunno if it's just info in nyantype or something else

Spoiler:
Wait, so is it chapter 19 or chapter 18 part 2?

Tags
manga, nanoha force