AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-09, 01:51   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 614 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

'Kay guys. the spoiler script's out! However, it should be noted that it's not 100% confirmed to be legit. Still, it's the most credible of the spoilers out so far, so without further ado, here's the summary (credit to aohige for translation, as usual):

-Chapter title is "What's done is done". The ministory shows us Luffy's home village, where Makino is cuddling a child.......

-At the Ryuuguu palace, the Straw-Hats have not only defeated the king and his guards, but have ultimately laid the palace under siege. The crew argues amongst themselves about their situation, and decide to escape the island. Nami mentions that the Log pose is acting up, and one of the ministers offers to tell her why that is if he's freed, but at that moment prince Fukaboshi returns to the palace. Zoro demands that the rest of the crew and their ship be delivered to them in exchange for the hostages, and the prince agrees to the terms. He also takes this time to give them Jinbei's messages to Luffy: 1. Don't fight against Hody, and 2. He'll be waiting for him at the "Forest of Sea".......

-At the Coral Hill, it's revealed that the news of the Straw-Hats capturing the palace has spread. Meanwhile, Chopper is defending Sanji from the guards at the Mermaid Cafe with his new transformation, Kung Fu Point. However, Sanji agrees to let the guards take him to the palace so he can see the princess (lol ). Back at the palace, Luffy asks Shirahoshi where she wants to go, and coincidentally it turns out to be the same forest that was mentioned in Jinbei's message. Suddenly, Van der Decken makes another assault on the princess, and Neptune asks the Straw-Hats to check on his daughter on his behalf. Brooke volunteers to go, and takes one of the ministers with him.

-Luffy says he'll go to the forest with Shirahoshi, and has come up with an idea on how to hide her. Meanwhile, Brooke and the minister discover that Van der Decken has literally used live ammunition this time around, as enemy pirates have now invaded the tower. However, the two of them reach the princess' room too late nonetheless, as Megalo leaps out of the tower, with Luffy and princess in tow......

Wow, now this was a fun chapter! Quite a hilarious one too, at that (I love how Brooke asks to see Shira's panties! ) BTW, if the spoiler is true, it looks like Zoro's bounty has risen to 160 million, as well......

Hmmm, so Jinbei forbids Luffy to fight against Jones, eh? Wonder how that will turn out? I also admit that the prospect of Luffy meeting him at the forest is quite exciting, as well. I also wonder how many more new transformations Chopper gained during the skip? Boy, so many questions, and so few answers (in a single chapter, anyway)......
Old 2011-02-09, 02:26   Link #2
Nvis
Where are the good animes

YAY! New Chaper.

Guess Shirahoshi will be tagging along for a while.

I wonder if Hody is Jinbei's son or something....?
I highly doubt he's stronger than the current Luffy.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:33   Link #3
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Makino with a child? Could she have become a mother? =o

Don't fight Hodi eh? Maybe there's more to him than meets the eye if Jinbei's giving that warning.

I look forward to seeing this new Kung-Fu point. I wonder just how many new forms Chopper's learned...

Good thing Luffy just managed to get Shirahoshi out before Vander Decken got there.~
Old 2011-02-09, 02:49   Link #4
james0246

Kung Fu Point sounds a little silly. What's next Boxing Point? Fencing Point? (At least the other transformations dealt entirely with specific body modifications.) I would have preferred that Chopper simply gain some skills that he can use throughout his various transformations, rather than simply develop drugs that let him use skill sets on the fly...Still, I hope the Kung Fu form is cute . (Then again, maybe Kung Fu point is actually a drug that allows Chopper to more easily transform between the various known Points on the fly, allowing him to use Kung Fu skills in a variety of different "bodies"...)

That being said, the Strawhats taking the King hostage is comedy gold; especially their nonchalant manner in accomplishing said task.

edit: I hope Jinbei isn't sacrificed in order to make Hodi seem like a greater threat...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-02-09 at 03:12.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:54   Link #5
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

-Chapter title is "What's done is done". The ministory shows us Luffy's home village, where Makino is cuddling a child.......
omg, Ace's kid!

Sounds fun, can't wait to see Jinbei meet w/ the rest of the straw-hats.
Old 2011-02-09, 03:39   Link #6
valk0v

Can't wait for the chapter. A lot of stuff is going to happen
Old 2011-02-09, 04:26   Link #7
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I hope kung fu point means a body with improved flexibility, coordination and muscles instead of a transformation that gives him kung fu skills. Otherwise I expect Chopper to eventually develop a point for everything from cooking to toilet cleaning to binge eating

My suspicion is that Jinbei wants to stop luffy from fighting Hody so that Jimbe can find some way to get Hody to have a change of heart. A real fight between them would be death for one of them afterall, so there is no way back. Even if luffy wins, Hody is likely to overdose on the medication in an attempt to win therefore killing himself (plotkai non-withstanding)
Old 2011-02-09, 04:42   Link #8
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Hmm so instead of Luffy having to fight both Hody and VD he only needs to fight VD and maybe Jinbei fights Hody instead. Looks like Shirahoshi is going to play the role of Vivi in some ways.
Old 2011-02-09, 08:33   Link #9
kakakka

Makino cuddling a child...

Also, looks like there's many thing happening in the chapter.
Old 2011-02-09, 10:39   Link #10
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

ohana confirmed the script I posted to be legit.

Which I really had no doubt of, the lines were genuinely Oda sigunature
Old 2011-02-09, 12:25   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I highly doubt he's stronger than the current Luffy.
He potentially can be with the use of Energy Steroids. His blood-lusted nature makes him even more dangerous. But I doubt he's someone Jimbei can't deal with. Jimbei is warlord caliber, and there's no one who can best him underwater.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:43   Link #12
marvelB

As soon as I saw that ministory title, I knew that people would jump to the Ace conclusion with that kid. Do people really want Makino to be the next Rouge that badly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kung Fu Point sounds a little silly. What's next Boxing Point? Fencing Point? (At least the other transformations dealt entirely with specific body modifications.)

Silly? Pfft! Kung Fu Point is awesome! In fact, I hope Oda goes the full nine yards and gives Chopper an MMA Point in the near future! What could be more badass than Chopper becoming an ultimate fighter?

On a more serious note, I'm thinking that Chopper may have learned how to transform without the aid of his Rumble Balls. I've theorized long ago that this could be possible if he mastered the Life Returns technique. Therefore, maybe this Kung Fu point is a form that's meant to boost the reindeer's speed (much like how Lucci slimmed himself down for that exact purpose during Enies Lobby). Of course, it's also possible that Chopper may have created a more powerful type of Rumble, but I still like the idea of him taking some inspiration from CP9's more unique arts.......

As far as Jinbei's messages go, I suppose this means we may have to drop the thought of Luffy fighting against Jones after all...... for the time being. It looks like right now Luffy is being put in a situation that's rather similar to the Jaya arc, where he's forced to control himself in front of a new enemy. However, I still don't see Jones as being another Bellamy, since we at least know he has the steroids to back up his strength. Still, it's probably best to consider Decken as the chief threat of this arc after all, at least until Jinbei sheds some light on the island's situation when he and Luffy finally meet up......
Old 2011-02-09, 14:51   Link #13
kakakka

Can't even imagine that it's Ace's kid.

More importantly, I can't even imagine that a kid would come out of Makino. I always imagine her as eternal young woman.

Also, Saji looks extremely calm about going to Mermaid Princess.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:54   Link #14
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Isn't Makino like 10-15 years older than Ace and Luffy?
Old 2011-02-09, 15:00   Link #15
marvelB

^Hancock's about 12 years older than Luffy, yet that fact doesn't exactly stop her from wanting to marry him, does it....?

Either way, no way in hell do I see Ace being the father of that kid (or Shanks either, for that matter). Is it really hard to consider the possibility of Makino marrying some random villager (or maybe one of Dadan's bandit flunkies )....?
Old 2011-02-09, 15:09   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Since it only took 4 strawhats to subdue (effortlessly, at that) the king and his guards, I'm hoping the 3 princes are not fodder. Because if they are, it's no wonder why Fishman Island is in constant need of protection.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2011-02-09 at 15:40.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:11   Link #17
james0246

Quote:
Either way, no way in hell do I see Ace being the father of that kid (or Shanks either, for that matter). Is it really hard to consider the possibility of Makino marrying some random villager (or maybe one of Dadan's bandit flunkies )....?
I fully agree that the kid is probably not Ace's (unless this is Oda foreshadowing Ace's survival...), but why couldn't the little brat be Shanks'? (Honestly I do not care one way or another, I'm just curious as to the actual evidence on hand that would account for the child not being Shanks...)
Old 2011-02-09, 15:19   Link #18
kakakka

After seeing it myself... Yeah, looks like it's hers.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:36   Link #19
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Hancock's about 12 years older than Luffy, yet that fact doesn't exactly stop her from wanting to marry him, does it....?

thats different because Hancock was never in love before and isn't surrounded by men. Makino has known Luffy and Ace since they were born?
Old 2011-02-09, 15:43   Link #20
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I fully agree that the kid is probably not Ace's (unless this is Oda foreshadowing Ace's survival...), but why couldn't the little brat be Shanks'? (Honestly I do not care one way or another, I'm just curious as to the actual evidence on hand that would account for the child not being Shanks...)

I dunno, I just kinda think it would be sorta random, I guess. I mean, if Shanks is a legendary pirate who sailed all over the world, why would he choose Makino alone out of thousands of other women? I'm not really saying that he can't be the father, but I'd just find it sorta odd if he were........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Since it only took 4 strawhats to subdue the king and his guards, I'm hoping the 3 princes are not fodder. Because if they are, it's no wonder why Fishman Island is in constant need of protection.

If it's any indication, the king's ministers actually threaten the Straw-Hats about the princes' power this chapter so yeah, they're most likely pretty tough themselves. I mean, they'd have to be to fend off Decken's constant barrage of "gifts"......
Closed Thread