Spoiler for Yakou:
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 08:08   Link #363
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Spoiler for Douman:
Well, that explains a lot. I doubt Yakou could stand against a real god and this explains D's obsession with Yakou.

Quote:
Spoiler for Yakou:
Who's Shidou and Miyachi? With all these names getting thrown around I'm finding it hard to keep track of everyone.

On another note, isn't D the head of the organization that tried to awaken Yakou and weren't some of the 12 divine generals fight Harutora before he awakened when fought the organization?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 09:39   Link #364
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
wouldnt that mean they would probably skip alot?
atm anime is still at vol 1 right?
The anime has just finished vol 2 (Raven's Nest) at episode 5 and did one of vol 4's (Days in the Nest) sidestories which took place chronologically before vol 3 (Chimaira Dance). This is the current arc the manga (and anime) is in which takes place at the end of first semester.

As for what the anime would skip, I think what suffer here would probably be just sidestories for the most part. Other than that assuming every other vol will animated like vol 1 (episodes 1-3) we probably shouldn't lose much beyond some dialogue and a minor scene or two. This also based the assumption that later vols like 6 aren't significantly longer than vol 1. A novel reader like versionf would have to confirm that or not.

IMO the most sensible structure the anime could do to adapt the novels comfortably enough without loosing too much is this:
  • Vol 3 = episodes 7-9
  • Vol 4 & 5 = episodes 10-12 (These two volumes are really one volume and vol 4 can adapted into one episode since there only a partial main story)
  • Vol 6 = episodes 13-15
  • Vol 7 = episodes 16-18
  • Vol 8 = episodes 19-21
  • Vol 9 = episodes 22-24
  • Rest of the sidestories = OVAs and specials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post

Who's Shidou and Miyachi? With all these names getting thrown around I'm finding it hard to keep track of everyone.

On another note, isn't D the head of the organization that tried to awaken Yakou and weren't some of the 12 divine generals fight Harutora before he awakened when fought the organization?
Miyachi hasn't been introduced yet as far as scanlations have been covered, but Dairenji Shidou was mentioned in chapter 18. He is of course Suzuka's father and the original leader of the "Two Horn Syndicate" aka the "Yakou Cult", though it is known by the "Order of Northern Star" to the public nowadays. He also worked directly for government's Imperial sector as the general manager of their "Spiritual Service Division" which was dedicated to secretly researching Yakou's "Imperial Arts/Style" magic system and it's soul manipulation aspects for their own personal use. Shidou later died in a large-scale incident 2 years ago that he planned and brought about concept of "spiritual/paranormal terrorism" for the first time ever. The Two Horn Syndicate organization was then label as a terrorist group for the disaster and breaking the law on forbidden spells, thus hunted down by the Onmyo Agency.

BTW, Also stated in Ch 18 and 19 Touji was one of victims of this incident. There is no cure for the affects he suffers but he can get treatments periodically to aveilate some of the symptoms, however he has to live with it for rest of his life. Saying anymore beyond this requires a spoiler tag as the scans have not reached here yet.

Lastly, D was never the leader, this organization had no ties to him until two years ago as implied in the manga. He seems like he's more of an ally who's using them for his own purposes.

Does that help?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-15 at 16:24.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 12:45   Link #365
ZeKeR
Superbad

pretty much.

also, if it comes down to the fact that Yakou literally brofisted with Abe no Seimei during his life... daayum... possibility for most. broken. chara. evar.
Old 2013-11-15, 12:52   Link #366
cloud04
Scanlator

i would assume the current raw ch are in vol 4 or so?
Old 2013-11-15, 13:28   Link #367
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The anime has just finished vol 2 (Raven's Nest) at episode 5 and did one of vol 4's (Days in the Nest) sidestories which took place chronologically before vol 3 (Chimaira Dance). This is the current arc the manga (and anime) is in which takes place at the end of first semester.

As for what the anime would skip, I think what suffer here would probably just sidestories for the most part. Other than that assuming every other vol will animated like vol 1 (episodes 1-3) we probably shouldn't lose much beyond some dialogue and a minor scene or two. This also based the assumption that later vols like 6 aren't significantly longer than vol 1. A novel reader like versionf would have to confirm that or not.

IMO the most sensible structure the anime could do to adapt the novels comfortably enough without loosing too much is this:
  • Vol 3 = episodes 7-9
  • Vol 4 & 5 = episodes 10-12 (These two volumes are really one volume and vol 4 can adapted into one episode since there only a partial main story)
  • Vol 6 = episodes 13-15
  • Vol 7 = episodes 16-18
  • Vol 8 = episodes 19-21
  • Vol 9 = episodes 22-24
  • Rest of the sidestories = OVAs and specials.

Miyachi hasn't been introduced yet as far as scanlations have been covered, but Dairenji Shidou was mentioned in chapter 18. He is of course Suzuka's father and the original leader of the "Two Horn Syndicate" aka the "Yakou Cult", though it is known by the "Order of Northern Star" to the public nowadays. He also worked directly for government's Imperial sector as the general manager of their "Spiritual Service Division" which was dedicated secretly researching Yakou's "Imperial Arts/Style" magic system and it's soul manipulation aspects for their own personal use. Shidou later died in a large-scale incident 2 years ago that he planned and brought about concept of "spiritual/paranormal terrorism" for the first time ever. The Two Horn Syndicate organization was then label as a terrorist group for the disaster and breaking the law on forbidden spells, thus hunted down by the Onmyo Agency.

BTW, Also stated in Ch 18 and 19 Touji was one of victims of this incident. There is no cure for the affects he suffers but he can get treatments periodically to aveilate some of the symptoms, however he has to live with it for rest of his life. Saying anymore beyond this requires a spoiler tag as the scans have not reached here yet.

Lastly, D was never the leader, this organization had no ties to him until two years ago as implied in the manga. He seems like he's more of an ally who's using them for his own purposes.

Does that help?
A lot thanks. Also, I'm guessing that a few of the divine generals are affiliated with the cult?
Old 2013-11-15, 13:39   Link #368
versionf

Unfortunately I have really bad imagination and skipped vol 1 and 2 since I've read the manga so I can't compare the adaption, it's hard for me to think how much will be skipped, I suck at it.

Quote:
A lot thanks. Also, I'm guessing that a few of the divine generals are affiliated with the cult?
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-15, 15:14   Link #369
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i would assume the current raw ch are in vol 4 or so?
Just the end of Vol 5 (Ch 41) actually.
Old 2013-11-15, 15:18   Link #370
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Just the end of Vol 5 (Ch 41) actually.
really?so its like 1-2 vol of manga /1vol of LN
Old 2013-11-15, 15:34   Link #371
Iron Maw
Banned

Kinda.

A somewhat rough correlation would between the LN and Manga would be like this.

LN \ Manga Chapters
Vol 1: Ch 1-5
Vol 2: Ch 6-14
Vol 3: Ch 18-27
Vol 4: Ch 28-34*
Vol 5: Ch 35-41*

*3 of vol 4 & 5 's sidestories were put into earlier chapters in order to maintain chronology.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-15 at 15:51. Reason: changed format to make easier to understand
Old 2013-11-15, 17:57   Link #372
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately I have really bad imagination and skipped vol 1 and 2 since I've read the manga so I can't compare the adaption, it's hard for me to think how much will be skipped, I suck at it.

Spoiler:
Was he the one Harutora fought before he resurrected Natsume? I know that Harutora fought one of the divine generals before the resurrection and the cult was involved.
Old 2013-11-15, 18:47   Link #373
Iron Maw
Banned

@blackwhite67 you should place questions about future events in spoiler tags.
Spoiler for answer:

@versionf, I've got two things I need some clarification on.
Spoiler for Vol 8:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-15 at 19:26. Reason: added a more relevant pic
Old 2013-11-15, 19:15   Link #374
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
@blackwhite67 you should place questions about future events in spoiler tags.
Spoiler for answer:

Spoiler for Vol 8:
Let me guess. He just wanted a rematch and didn't give a shit about the cult?
Old 2013-11-15, 19:24   Link #375
Iron Maw
Banned

Spoiler for Kagami:
Old 2013-11-15, 22:38   Link #376
versionf

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 8:
Spoiler for Shidou:

Quote:
Let me guess. He just wanted a rematch and didn't give a shit about the cult?
Spoiler for Kagami:
Old 2013-11-15, 23:56   Link #377
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Shidou:
Spoiler for re:Shidou:
Old 2013-11-16, 07:15   Link #378
versionf

Quote:
Spoiler for re:Shidou:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-16, 09:32   Link #379
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for response:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-16 at 09:48.
Old 2013-11-16, 16:00   Link #380
Used Can

Hmm...

Spoiler for Abilities in the story:

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural