AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 18:55   Link #2781
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the strength of the Legilis' armor--we've seen before that Vagan electromagnetic armor is capable of deflecting a beam saber without sustaining any damage.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:01   Link #2782
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Ezelcant wasn't even trying during his sortie in Legilis, he didn't push the unit to the max. I think drawing conclusions from that fight is not accurate.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:20   Link #2783
bio9205
Reborn

One thing I don't understand is why Asemu hasn't been dual wielding his beam sabers, something so characteristic of him in the second arc. It's like the producers ignored that trait completely.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:22   Link #2784
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Don't worry, I think he'll pull off all the stops in the final Battle, we might even see some kind of a purge-off(the hooks of the Darkhound turn into the Double Bullet's Swords, and the DODS Lancer turns into the Hyper DODS Rifle) if we're lucky
Old 2012-08-28, 22:22   Link #2785
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

it's forced nerfing, lol, By making Asemu the best pilot in the universe, they needd to nerf his machine so he couldnt do much damage on the battlefield, that way, he still looks like he is the best pilot in the show, but suffers from a shitty machine.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:27   Link #2786
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

At this point, HE'LL Very well be Kira Yamato(If you gave him Destiny for the desert arc) if you give him a really good machine
Old 2012-08-28, 22:37   Link #2787
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Wait, I thought Kio was Kira Yamato?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:43   Link #2788
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

specifications are different, when we talk about Kira/Kio comparisons, we talk about their no-kill nature, which means we're talking about Second half/Destiny Kira. But if we're talking about skill and mastery, we talk about First Half/Early SEED Kira
Old 2012-08-28, 22:48   Link #2789
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I would argue Kira was better in the latter half of SEED, and thats where he begin to use twin blades for combat, if we are to compare Asemu to him. Skill-wise... well, he wiped the floor with just about everyone in Destiny.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:53   Link #2790
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I would argue Kira was better in the latter half of SEED
That's because Kira didn't has a great advantage over main grunt suits with the Freedom, in the Strike, the gap wasn't that wide.
Old 2012-08-28, 23:14   Link #2791
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
it's forced nerfing, lol, By making Asemu the best pilot in the universe, they needd to nerf his machine so he couldnt do much damage on the battlefield, that way, he still looks like he is the best pilot in the show, but suffers from a shitty machine.
It really has felt like that. Made him awesome, hit his potential, so god knows they had to nerf him going into Kio's arc. First step was just making him gone and then bringing him back with a downgrade from AGE-2.

Otherwise instead of Kio wasting good units or getting captured, we'd be watching Asemu ending this war in 2 episodes . Well just hope that with the series closing in on the end they can cut him loose a bit since at this point who is Kio really going to impress?
Old 2012-08-29, 00:24   Link #2792
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the strength of the Legilis' armor--we've seen before that Vagan electromagnetic armor is capable of deflecting a beam saber without sustaining any damage.
When did we see that? I'm drawing a blank.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 00:26   Link #2793
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
When did we see that? I'm drawing a blank.
Asem's first battle using the Gundam AGE-1 Normal.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:31   Link #2794
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Asem's first battle using the Gundam AGE-1 Normal.
Huh, can't remember seeing that, but I'll take your word for it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 00:35   Link #2795
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was when Asem pulled off that spin-attack maneuver while dual-wielding. The blade struck the Dorado in the right arm, but the electromagnetic armor deflected it. It was still knocked to the ground, though.
Old 2012-08-29, 02:56   Link #2796
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
It was when Asem pulled off that spin-attack maneuver while dual-wielding. The blade struck the Dorado in the right arm, but the electromagnetic armor deflected it. It was still knocked to the ground, though.
I just speculating here, but I guess the AGE-2's sabers are stronger than the AGE-1's at that time. And maybe the sabers were upgraded, when they turned the AGE-1 into the AGE-1 Flat? Flit didn't seen to have problems cutting through the grunts he faced off against.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 07:13   Link #2797
Zeydra
A random passerby

I was under the impression that that was some sort of shield effect. Asemu cut through an arm in the exact same spot but a few moments later. I also noticed the same effect when the Beam Sabre clashed with the arm as when Fram was getting hit by her funnels in the Lunar Base fight, so I just assumed it was a shielding effect rather than armour.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:00   Link #2798
bio9205
Reborn

Yeah, more shields than armour. The Zeydra used its cuff to defend itself on multiple occasions.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:37   Link #2799
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So probably would still leave Asemu some opening with the beam sabers against Legilis, but he'd have one more thing to avoid in the shielding. Curious though with the steady upgrades during this war how the original Hyper DODS Rifle would stack up against units like the Legilis and Xamdrag.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:03   Link #2800
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Wow, Asemu has got to be the most overrated pilot in all of Gundam...

Where exactly does it say that Super Pilot (i.e really good pilot) and High Level X-Rounder are mutually exclusive?

Just because there were characters like Decil, Kio and Fram who over rely on their X-Rounder powers to make up for their lack of actual piloting skills/experience doesn't mean that there aren't characters who are both. Flit and Zeheart are both high level X-Rounders AND really good pilots.

I simply see the whole super pilot thing as giving Asemu an equal footing vs X-Rounder who are also strong pilots. It doesn't mean he is better than everyone else, because that's clearly not the case.

Ezelcant broke more of a sweat ranting at Kio than he actually did fighting Asemu. Now you could say that's Asemu getting nerfed, or that Ezelcant is just that much of a badass. there's no right and wrong answer there since it's all subjective.