Old 2011-12-02, 05:32   Link #1
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Evergreen

Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shounen
Author:Takemiya Yuyuko (Toradora!)
Artist: Kasukabe Akira
Release: Bi-monthly

Yoshimatsu Hotaka is the president of the manga club and is always diligent with his school life and club activities, but even though he looks like a regular honor student in reality we have that there is something really odd with him; he has this bitter ~ heavy ~ melancholic look and is almost always looking at Awaya Nika, the beautiful, bright, radiant, super cheerful swimming club's female ace.

Why does Hotaka acts all bitter like that? And what will become of him as the sports teacher orders him to have at least "one secret swimming class lesson" where no one is supposed to be looking, whereas he normally skips class activities due to personal matters?

Spoiler for first two chapters:
Old 2011-12-02, 05:55   Link #2
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think the bitterness gives him some character and is kind of expected to an extent. He's still a teenager no matter the circumstances, so him blaming it all on his father isn't that farfetched...

As for the females. To be honest I like the relaxed look On-chan showed us in ch 2. It's simple, but yet you can tell she's a beauty if she wants to be one. It's a lost cause for her to gain any ground romance wise though...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:26   Link #3
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Mmmm..pretty good start...i liked the first two chapter...

Poor guy..he had a difficult childhood...feel sorry...i hope that he will be lucky with the girls at least..

The blonde girl is cute..but.i didn't expect that the girl haired blacks,without glasses and her hair loose, was so cute...
Old 2011-12-02, 18:51   Link #4
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I think the bitterness gives him some character and is kind of expected to an extent. He's still a teenager no matter the circumstances, so him blaming it all on his father isn't that farfetched...

As for the females. To be honest I like the relaxed look On-chan showed us in ch 2. It's simple, but yet you can tell she's a beauty if she wants to be one. It's a lost cause for her to gain any ground romance wise though...
yea she needs to lose the glasses
Old 2012-02-28, 21:23   Link #5
DorkingtonPugsly

Chapter 3 was really nice, but it seems like this manga isn't getting much notice... or is it just me?
Old 2012-02-28, 21:34   Link #6
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

The moment I read chapter 1 when this came out I totally fell prisoner to this.

I remember someone saying in the Golden Time thread that Takemiya Yuyuko's writing ability was getting better; and to be honest compared to Toradora and "Watashi-tachi who knows his name" I like these two ongoing works a lot more.

What I like the most about this is that the main characters are pretty much meant to be from the start; the first pages already show that they are aware of each other + there are some quick developments. I don't think that they are going to take a long time in becoming a couple, and I doubt that the story is going to finish in that.

... The waiting time between chapters is, of course; excruciating. In fact I plan to re-read all available chapters every time a new one gets released.
Old 2012-02-28, 21:40   Link #7
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Is this on Baka-Tsuki or a manga site because this looks interesting. I loved Toradora and I'm enjoying Golden Time, and I know I'll enjoy this too.
Old 2012-02-28, 21:49   Link #8
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Is this on Baka-Tsuki or a manga site because this looks interesting. I loved Toradora and I'm enjoying Golden Time, and I know I'll enjoy this too.
This is a manga, not a light novel so search for online readers. 2 sites have been scanning this, one is Ichino Scans and the other is Pinoymanga Scans.

Be warned though, that there aren't many chapters available; so after reading what's scanned you are going to feel like an explorer lost in the middle of the desert without a single drop of water in your canteen; and that feeling is going to come back again every time you thing about this title, trust me .
Old 2012-03-01, 13:09   Link #9
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I'm new in this thread so I will be in your care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
This is a manga, not a light novel so search for online readers. 2 sites have been scanning this, one is Ichino Scans and the other is Pinoymanga Scans.

Be warned though, that there aren't many chapters available; so after reading what's scanned you are going to feel like an explorer lost in the middle of the desert without a single drop of water in your canteen; and that feeling is going to come back again every time you thing about this title, trust me .
Ichino Scans? I do know a Spanish group with that name, but they were only using the raws shared in jCafe and the translation script of PROzess at Mangahelpers.

-----

I can't wait for ch4, but this series ends in ch.3 with a big cliffhanger (at least for me).
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 02:38   Link #10
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

The chinese version of chapter 3 has been out for some time, and that's helpful to the little people like me that couldn't find the japanese version in the first place.

Yet, since chinese is mean and cruel to me, I can only marvel at the still images and that's that

About ch 3...
Spoiler:

I really hope that this one and the manga version of Golden Time do pick up some high tide, or whatever people call it.
Old 2012-03-30, 03:16   Link #11
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

chapter 3 translated. Kind of a disappointing chapter compared to the first two.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:10   Link #12
Valky
Radioactive

I've just started to read it. It's good, so far. Kinda curious about that kid with fox mask tho.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:09   Link #13
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Chapter 4 was scanlated, and it had some interesting revelations...

Spoiler:

Opinions?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-24, 11:47   Link #14
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Chapter 4 was scanlated, and it had some interesting revelations...

Spoiler:

Opinions?
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 4:
Old 2012-05-24, 11:57   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Is this an adaptation of a light novel, or is the manga the original?

As for Awaya, I think she's related to the family somehow. Other than her having the other key, I think the other big hint is her nosebleed. Considering that she bled all over her lunch, I think that it was probably more than just the ecchi fanservice reaction, and she could possibly have some sort of blood or heart related condition like Hotaka and his father.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 11:57   Link #16
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler for 4:
Spoiler:

Quote:
As far as I know, this only a manga. In fact even though the author does LNs, I don't think it's likely that we'll have a LN version of this

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-05-24 at 15:36.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:11   Link #17
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

As for Awaya, I think she's related to the family somehow. Other than her having the other key, I think the other big hint is her nosebleed. Considering that she bled all over her lunch, I think that it was probably more than just the ecchi fanservice reaction, and she could possibly have some sort of blood or heart related condition like Hotaka and his father.
if she had a heart related condition, I doubt she will be a swimmer.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:25   Link #18
csuree
The Most Hated™

i hope the two of them are not relatives.. it would spoil the whole story it would be more plausible that the two of them were childhood friends and the father of the boy is the connection between them... like a work colleague or something like that. i'm kinda disgusted when relatives fall in love....it seems unnatural, but it is probably my beliefs.

argument pro relatives: (they know each other the most mutual trust is easy to build, chemistry is much better between them, (but social dogmas are imposing on their rational thinking)
argument contra: incest and some genetic disease, but this affects only the children not them.

even though the story seems good, and judging by the sane granny's reaction when she saw the name on the towel, i jump to a conclusion that they are not relatives. thinking about it in a detail if one of my grandparent would know that i made contact with a girl who is my relative, i think they would like to keep me from her, so i don't fall in love acidentally and commit incest. even if i did not say that i love the girl or something. they would say that hey look she is your relative or if it is a seret then they would distance me from her...

any other opinions?
Old 2012-06-01, 10:40   Link #19
Shadow5YA

Chapter 5 is out.

Is Takemiya writing this and Golden Time and the same time, or is one of them completed?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:41   Link #20
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Chapter 5 is out.

Is Takemiya writing this and Golden Time and the same time, or is one of them completed?
The two of them are on going.

Chapter 5 was released and we head yet again in a very interesting and slightly unexpected direction.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-06-01 at 14:13.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life