AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-13, 23:12   Link #121
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
As far as I can tell and this is only my personal opinion, Hotaka's dad left her wife when his son was very small, and he might have re-married a wonam who was Niki's mom (and she already had Niki from a previous marriage). Niki loved her new father but as any child they get jealous when another kid get's too much attention.
She might even hate Hotaka now.

She must feel guilty for killing his father (in the circumstances we not yet know) but I think that even as a teenager she still harbors that hatred and that is why she became sick. (She ended up falling for the guy because of whom she lost her dad). This is purely my version of the story behind those 2.
I've been reading this for a bit, and this chapter was a shocker, but as everyone I saw it coming..

Just looking into it, she realised she just kissed the guy she despised the most in her life, no wonder she was puking..as for Hotaka, when the truth hits him, let's hope there's an ambulance nearby..
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 03:57   Link #122
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
I've been reading this for a bit, and this chapter was a shocker, but as everyone I saw it coming..

Just looking into it, she realised she just kissed the guy she despised the most in her life, no wonder she was puking..as for Hotaka, when the truth hits him, let's hope there's an ambulance nearby..
Knowing Hotaka I don't think he is going to survive this one
I think Nikki is not going to tell him about it right away. Maybe she's going to ignore him for now.

By the way the scar on Hotakas chest. Maybe it isn't from a surgery after all but he got it from a stabbing incident.
Maybe there is some connection with Niki imaging stabbing someone. He doesn't rember it right because of the trauma and
maybe his family tries to hide it from him and confirmed to him it's just from a surgery. I think there is more behind this.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.

EDIT:
I think this manga needs a 'tragedy or drama' tag because it's not a happy going romance/school life manga. Visitors who want to get some information before reading it wouldn't get a good idea about the content by only seeing: romance, school life tags.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-05-14 at 04:16.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 11:17   Link #123
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Knowing Hotaka I don't think he is going to survive this one
I think Nikki is not going to tell him about it right away. Maybe she's going to ignore him for now.

By the way the scar on Hotakas chest. Maybe it isn't from a surgery after all but he got it from a stabbing incident.
Maybe there is some connection with Niki imaging stabbing someone. He doesn't rember it right because of the trauma and
maybe his family tries to hide it from him and confirmed to him it's just from a surgery. I think there is more behind this.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.

EDIT:
I think this manga needs a 'tragedy or drama' tag because it's not a happy going romance/school life manga. Visitors who want to get some information before reading it wouldn't get a good idea about the content by only seeing: romance, school life tags.
It's too confusing right now to determine the origin of his scar, what if he was stabbed in the heart, was almost dead, but was saved by a heart transplant? dunno just rambling here

Just put the tragedy tag btw.
Old 2014-05-14, 11:56   Link #124
Tenzen12

Tragedy is definitely wrong tag (I hope there will be no need use it in future), Drama would be correct one.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 12:26   Link #125
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Tragedy is definitely wrong tag (I hope there will be no need use it in future), Drama would be correct one.
Somebody already added the tragedy tag I didn't do anything . But, could you explain why you think this manga doesn't need a tragedy tag? I also said a tragedy tag or a drama tag. And I decided not to put anything yet. Because I wanted to hear the opinion of others first. If you're not happy about it you can change it. But I want to hear the reason why because on other websites like baka-manga it's already taged 'tragedy'.

I think it's not far fetched to say it needs a tragedy tag. The scar on the chest of Hotaka, niki her past (stabbing someone) etc and even the vague memories of Hotaka of his past. It can't be considered just plain drama. But that's just my opinion. And if you're really against it. You can just change it. It's easy to do.

Just press the Edit tags part below and change it.
Old 2014-05-14, 12:40   Link #126
Heat066

Quote:
How come? many sites already have it tagged with tragedy, plus this last chapter just showed the possibility of a murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Somebody already added the tragedy tag I didn't do anything . But, could you explain why you think this manga doesn't need a tragedy tag? I also said a tragedy tag or a drama tag. And I decided not to put anything yet. Because I wanted to hear the opinion of others first. If you're not happy about it you can change it. But I want to hear the reason why because on other websites like baka-manga it's already taged 'tragedy'.

I think it's not far fetched to say it needs a tragedy tag. The scar on the chest of Hotaka, niki her past (stabbing someone) etc and even the vague memories of Hotaka of his past. It can't be considered just plain drama. But that's just my opinion. And if you're really against it. You can just change it. It's easy to do.

Just press the Edit tags part below and change it.
If I remember well, only those who put the tag can remove it, I can remove it right now, but with things as of now, I don't see why it must be removed.
Old 2014-05-14, 12:43   Link #127
Tenzen12

Tragedy as it's used most means
Quote:
"a dramatic composition, often in verse, dealing with a serious or somber theme, typically that of a great person destined through a flaw of character or conflict with some overpowering force, as fate or society, to downfall or destruction."
Quote:
a very bad event that causes great sadness and often involves someone's death
If Hotaka started wither due his sickness or Nikki fallen into coma, that would be "tragedy"

Drama -
Quote:
"any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results"
Quote:
a composition in verse or prose intended to portray life or character or to tell a story usually involving conflicts and emotions through action and dialogue and typically designed for theatrical performance

Well, that's how I always understood these tags and I am glad there are "official" definitions out there that agree with me. If drama get realy bad (I don't mean by quality) it might turn intoo tragedy...

btw deaths in backstory doesn't counts.

PS: used sources are: merriam-webster (site affilated with Encyclopedia Britannica) and dictionary.reference.com (it was fun looking on synomines on Thesaurus there)
Old 2014-05-14, 12:58   Link #128
Heat066

Quote:
Tragedy as it's used most means
Quote:
"a dramatic composition, often in verse, dealing with a serious or somber theme, typically that of a great person destined through a flaw of character or conflict with some overpowering force, as fate or society, to downfall or destruction."
Quote:
"a very bad event that causes great sadness and often involves someone's death"
If Hotaka started wither due his sickness or Nikki fallen into coma, that would be "tragedy"

Drama -

Quote:
"any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results"
Quote:
a composition in verse or prose intended to portray life or character or to tell a story usually involving conflicts and emotions through action and dialogue and typically designed for theatrical performance

Well, that's how I always understood these tags and I am glad there are "official" definitions out there that agree with me. If drama get realy bad (I don't mean by quality) it might turn intoo tragedy...

btw deaths in backstory doesn't counts.
Mind telling why it doesn't counts? because their father's death is the major conflicting point here, he's the reason Nikki got so jealous she wanted to kill her now beloved Hotaka(if that isn't tragic I don't know what), and now that she realized this who knows what s**t is going to come down now?

As I can see this is already beyond drama..she was puking her guts out, for life's sake!
Old 2014-05-14, 13:11   Link #129
Tenzen12

Because it's NOT story about his death, it is exactly what you said: "major conflicting point" It's source of drama between Hotaka and Nikki, but it's not active agent of story, it's gone, only aftermaths remains.
Old 2014-05-14, 13:20   Link #130
Heat066

Quote:
Because it's NOT story about his death, it is exactly what you said: "major conflicting point" It's source of drama between Hotaka and Nikki not it's merrit.
Let me correct my mistake, not his death, but their Father, is the major conflicting point.

But drama? Nikki wanted to KILL Hotaka, the one she loves(or loved)now and that scar on his chest is proof of this..is this dramatic or tragic?
Old 2014-05-14, 13:23   Link #131
Tenzen12

Dramatic, it would be tragic if she did it and then drunk poison and fallen over his cooling body
Old 2014-05-14, 13:32   Link #132
Heat066

Quote:
Dramatic, it would be tragic if she did it and then drunk poison and fallen over his cooling body
Ok..Well I think we both won this one, beacuse I just read on eHow tragedy is actually a form of drama..
Old 2014-05-14, 13:38   Link #133
Tenzen12

I know, I mentioned it. Drama is correct as super trope, tragedy is arguable. So I still belive it should be replaced.
Old 2014-05-14, 13:43   Link #134
Heat066

Quote:
I know, I mentioned it. Drama is correct as super trope, tragedy is arguable. So I still belive it should be replaced.
Guess you're right, i'll replace it with drama
Old 2014-05-14, 13:46   Link #135
Tenzen12

Btw, that Eflow site you mentioned (looking on it right now) said it far better than myself
Old 2014-05-14, 13:47   Link #136
Sakuratsuki

Interesting discussion. Thank you Tenzen12 and Heat066. I think Tenzen12 you're right on this. The tag tragedy is too heavy if you consider those things. You have changed my mind so I also vote for a drama tag instead.

EDIT: Ooo wait it's already changed to drama
Old 2014-05-14, 22:47   Link #137
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well just read and caught up to ch16... Seems like the author is really playing off the whole psychology thing of siblings who never knew each other growing up will be attracted to one another when meet up at an adult age.

Although, I'm not sure if Niki is blood related to Hotaka or not, considering they're the same age. But I guess everything is mere speculation till we know more.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 00:50   Link #138
RightSaidFred

Quote:
The story has bee tagged Tragedy since day one. Hotaka's dream sequences foreshadow tragic events. No one could have missed that. Not too mention both characters are dealing with the loss of their fathers. The tag is quite appropriate.

Why people are so tragedy adverse is beyond me. I guess no one ever read Romeo & Juliet. Not everything can be sunshine and farts. People should go watch Hello Kitty if this is too much for them.

For me this is an incredible story and am on pins and needles waiting to see what happens next. FYI Niki did not stab her "father" that was a dream sequence.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 04:16   Link #139
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The thing about tragedy is either:
A) we don't know until it is (did somebody important die and it's all feels and tears? There you go); or
B) the atmosphere or setting strongly hints of it (is the main girl slated to die if she doesn't have this reeeeeally hard to get medicine within 30 days? Does she have cancer? Is it a Korean drama and she has cancer? Yeah).

Evergreen is arguable. Drama, definitely. Tragedy...it isn't nearly as concrete as you think it is.

As for why people are so tragedy-adverse, aside from the obvious answer (uh, it's sad?), it's also because for fan tags, less is more. Leave it alone without people "moderating" and arguing why you're wrong, and at some point every tag will be placed on a work, rendering the tags useless in the first place. Some people out there have absolutely no sense of perspective (not saying it's you or that it's this case). Somebody sad for a chapter? Tragedy. A panel's worth of crossdressing gag? Gender bender. Somebody dares to smile in a full blown all-the-main-characters-are-going-to-die apocalypse? Comedy. A boy talks to a girl? ROMANCE.

So as a whole we should make it a habit not to trust in fan tags.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:13   Link #140
Tenzen12

Good job in sparing me writing this post and thank you for doing it better than I would

Tags
drama, romance, school life