AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-30, 17:38   Link #401
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
You have to remember that when it comes to romance Rias is just as inexperienced. It might be hard to tell due to her playfully teasing nature, but she has her own insecurities about the relationship and Issei's understandable periods of denseness were making her uneasy and worried about the status of his feelings for her. She can't read his mind and is constantly wondering if her real advances are getting through to him or if it's just simply his "perverted nature" toward women in general because it's hard for her to tell.

The fact that he wouldn't call her Rias at first sowed the fear in her that he really doesn't see her as something truly special beyond the general nice guy attitude he shows toward the girls in the club in general.

There's also the other girl's advances on Issei, sure it's played for comedy but if you read between the lines you can see Rias is earnestly worried that one of them could successfully steal him from her. Especially Akenko if she managed to pop Issei's cherry before she manages it.

So yeah Rias has her own issues with building the relationship too which is part of the reason she wasn't able to fully realize just how badly the trauma from Reynalle really hit him. Issei did hide it fairly well as it took even the other girls a while to figure it out too.
True, Akeno commented on this a few times in volume 3.
However, a few the problems or insecurities were created by Rias. She played with and teased him a little too much before she ever fell in love with him. Even offered him to touch her breast in SS (set before she fell in love with him). Ise most of the time interpreted Rias's real advances as just her playing, teasing, and or spoiling him. Which at the begining of their relathionship were just that.
In volume 1, Akeno made comment stating Rias was right and "it was like having a idiot little brother". At this time Ise was very vulnerable and sensitive to any thing that was said by them. After all he was just found out he was killed by his GF and reborn as a devil servant. This could have stuck with him and may have thought that was this is the way Rias and Akeno see him and may be one of the reasons Ise called Rias, Onee sama(in his mind).

In volume 4 was the first time, Rias brought up the subject of him calling her by her name.
If you think of the way she ask for it was weird in a way. And even when Rias tried ask for it she usually said it in a low voice which could barely be heard by Ise and ask for it in the form of a question.

As far as the other girl's advances on Issei are concerned, this was a problem she had a hand in creating. Rias(prior to her falling for him) created alone time for Asia to start a relationship with Ise and even told Ise that Akeno thought Ise was cute and he should go to her so she could spoil him.

Agreed.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-12-30 at 23:35.
Old 2012-12-30, 17:42   Link #402
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
...........................Rias and the other girls are lenient towards Ise's perverted ways, but that is all out the window if he attempts to do that to Sona. My .....friend........are you asking for the death of the main character?
Reaper to be fair Ise has already died twice each time endup with a more powerful body and Sona would only kill him if she actaully realizes he uses it, then again to Saji might not take the help very well either if he uses bilingual.
Old 2012-12-30, 18:35   Link #403
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
True, Akeno commented on this a few times in volume 3.
However, a few the problems or insecurities were created by Rias. She played with and teased him a little too much before she ever fell in love with him. Even offered him to touch her breast in SS (set before she fell in love with him). Ise most of the time interpreted Rias's real advances as just her playing, teasing, and or spoiling him. Which at the begining of their relathionship were just that.
In volume 1, Akeno made comment stating Rias was right and "it was like having a idiot little brother". At this time Ise was very vulnerable and sensitive to any thing that was said by them. After all he was just found out he was killed by his GF and reborn as a devil servant. This could have stuck with him and may have thought that was this is the way Rias and Akeno see him and may be one of the reasons Ise called Rias, Onee sama(in his mind).

In volume 4 was the first time, Rias brought up the subject of him calling her by her name.
If you think of the way she ask for it was weird in a way. And even when Rias tried ask for it she usually said it in a low voice which could barely be heard by Ise and ask for it in the form of a question.

As far as the other girl's advances on Issei are concerned, this was a problem she had a hand in creating. Rias(prior to her falling for him) created alone for Asia to start a relationship with Ise and even told Ise that Akeno tought Ise was cute and he should go to her so she could spoil him.

Agreed.
I agree with your assessment, exactly what I would say. I wonder if the girls themselves reflected on their actions in the past, pretty much all the girls have a hand in Ise's misinterpreting their feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Reaper to be fair Ise has already died twice each time endup with a more powerful body and Sona would only kill him if she actaully realizes he uses it, then again to Saji might not take the help very well either if he uses bilingual.
True, but I think if Ise does that to Sona he will face a permanent death. Though Ise is smart, he wouldn't do that.
Old 2012-12-30, 18:45   Link #404
SeaDam

On the point of past mistakes coming back to haunt them, I believe initially Ise tried referring to Rias as Rias-senpai, but she told him to call her buchou. This likely subconsciously or even consciously reminded Ise of Yuuma stating Ise was not fit to use her name.

This insecurity of Ise ended up becoming an insecurity for Rias.

Last edited by SeaDam; 2012-12-30 at 22:54. Reason: Spelling
Old 2012-12-30, 19:02   Link #405
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There really should be a short story or a volume where the girls discuss about their actions towards Ise when first meeting him. Then realize they inadvertently made Ise afraid to pursue relationships with them. Ise was put under the gun on vol 10, although it turn out good I say it is kind of unfair for Ise considering that the girls made him feel insignificant in the first place.
Old 2012-12-30, 20:24   Link #406
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
On the point of past mistakes coming back to haunt them, I believe initially Ise tried referring to Rias as Rias-senpai, but she told him to call her buchou. This likely subconsciously or even consdiously reminded Ise of Yuuma stating Ise was not fit to use her name.

Exactly, the things Rias said came back to haunt her. Yeah, Ise initially called her Rias senpai, but she told him to call her "Buchou". He also ask if could call her Onee sama instead, something she considered for a moment she still ask to be called Buchou.
Also the whole Yuuma/Raynare"tell is not to call her by her name " happend after that.
These 2 things stayed in his subconscious and in his heart. And like you said "subconsciously or even consdiously reminded Ise of Yuuma stating Ise was not fit to use her name".

Quote:
There really should be a short story or a volume where the girls discuss about their actions towards Ise when first meeting him. Then realize they inadvertently made Ise afraid to pursue relationships with them. Ise was put under the gun on vol 10, although it turn out good I say it is kind of unfair for Ise considering that the girls made him feel insignificant in the first place.
Yeah, I think so too.
I don't think they did that. They did try to pursue a relationship with Ise and made advances on Ise all while never stopping to consider if Ise had really recoverd from emotional scars(that like @The Green One said he hid rather well) from his relationship Yuuma/Raynare.
I agree to this as well, everyone blame Ise (which he partially is).
Rias was angry at Ise for not calling her "Rias", but he is calling by what she ask to called in the first place.
Old 2012-12-30, 21:08   Link #407
GundamFan

Quote:
True, but I think if Ise does that to Sona he will face a permanent death. Though Ise is smart, he wouldn't do that.
He probably wouldn't face permanent this is Ise we are talking about the guy has killed grim reapers and wouldn't stay dead after being a posion that destroys both body and soul. But I also don't think he would be dumb enough to try bilingual on Sona. Besides Sona I don't think Sona would kill one of her dear Rias servants she'd probably just torture him to the point that death sweet sweet release.

Quote:
On the point of past mistakes coming back to haunt them, I believe initially Ise tried referring to Rias as Rias-senpai, but she told him to call her buchou. This likely subconsciously or even consdiously reminded Isa of Yuuma stating Ise was not fit to use her name.

Well in Rias defense she did make some mistakes in the being but she probably never consider it a possibilty she would be with Ise her family did have that arranged marriage setup with Riser.

Quote:
Well it definetly could be fleshed out alot but at least the girls when they talked hin vol. 10 acknowledge that they were partially to blame for things by not understanding Ise. And I'd love to read this and I think there be at least 2 short stories there.
Old 2012-12-30, 22:36   Link #408
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
He probably wouldn't face permanent this is Ise we are talking about the guy has killed grim reapers and wouldn't stay dead after being a posion that destroys both body and soul. But I also don't think he would be dumb enough to try bilingual on Sona. Besides Sona I don't think Sona would kill one of her dear Rias servants she'd probably just torture him to the point that death sweet sweet release.

Well in Rias defense she did make some mistakes in the being but she probably never consider it a possibilty she would be with Ise her family did have that arranged marriage setup with Riser.

Well it definetly could be fleshed out alot but at least the girls when they talked hin vol. 10 acknowledge that they were partially to blame for things by not understanding Ise. And I'd love to read this and I think there be at least 2 short stories there.
I agree with your statements thus far. It would make a terrific short story. the short stories are pretty unique in High School DXD, you get mostly things unrelated to the main plot but the final story actually has great impact on the main story. I like that formula. I say it would make a good read if there was a short story with just the girls alone discussing topics of their interests and what they think of Ise. We can relate to their thoughts better and learn how they think.
Old 2012-12-30, 22:52   Link #409
SeaDam

Quote:

Not really blaming Rias, just ironic. Though her family may have arranged her marriage Rias never intended to marry Riser. I forget in what chapter she said this, but I believe Rias said that if she had to marry, she preferred to "raise" her husband herself. So I think her intention was always to marry Ise if only to satisfy that requirement from her family, which is why she is so forward with Ise compared to her other male servants. She just never expected to actually have love come into play. At least that is my view of it.

Last edited by SeaDam; 2012-12-30 at 22:53. Reason: diction
Old 2012-12-30, 23:17   Link #410
sky black swordman

Quote:

Ise has already use bilingual on Sona once (or twice depending on how you look at it)in volume 5.

True enough. However, in the OVA(which I heard is canon) when Akeno made a comment about pair (Rias feeding Ise). Rias played off as "Since she is living at his house, it's the least she can do"(Making him lunch).
So another reason for Ise to interpeded her gestures as something other then what they really mean.

Quote:
Not really blaming Rias, just ironic. Though her family may have arranged her marriage Rias never intended to marry Riser. I forget in what chapter she said this, but I believe Rias said that if she had to marry, she preferred to "raise" her husband herself. So I think her intention was always to marry Ise if only to satisfy that requirement from her family, which is why she is so forward with Ise compared to her other male servants. She just never expected to actually have love come into play. At least that is my view of it.
True on Rias.
That was chapter 2, but that's in volume 4 when she had already fallen in love with Ise. I don't think she at the begining would ever thought that she would fall in love with Ise.
Rias mentioned she would marry someone she thought was good and not what the family wanted. She also wanted to be with who saw her and loved her as simple "Rias" and not as "Rias of the Gremory Family"
Rias advances at the begining were just her teasing, playing, and spoiling Ise. The reason she could not do this with Kiba because he is a knight and would never respond to her advances. Kiba would more then likely tell her to stop and with no reaction Rias would find it boring.
As far Gapser was concerned, he was sealed away in a room forbidden to come out.
Old 2012-12-30, 23:37   Link #411
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Ise misinterpreted a lot of things of the girls' advances, but most of which are understandable. I mean, Ise, in his own mind thought that he was the most unpopular guy in the world. Now all of the sudden the most beautiful girls were making advances towards him. He more or less thought something else than it was suppose to be. These misinterpretation came from his trauma as well as the girls' first treatment of him so its understandable. Ise felt insignificant towards the girl, he thought that he wasn't good enough and just did what a servant was suppose to do albeit a seriously dedicated servant.
Old 2012-12-30, 23:40   Link #412
GundamFan

Quote:
I agree with your statements thus far. It would make a terrific short story. the short stories are pretty unique in High School DXD, you get mostly things unrelated to the main plot but the final story actually has great impact on the main story. I like that formula. I say it would make a good read if there was a short story with just the girls alone discussing topics of their interests and what they think of Ise. We can relate to their thoughts better and learn how they think.
Yeah that'd be great I'd also love to hear Akeno and the others conversation with Rias after the therapy session with Ise.
You know at time I'm amazed at how much depth there is in this series.

Quote:
She might have preferred to "raise" her own husband but I don't think she would have agreed to that rating game or would have tried to sleep with Ise if she really had much choice in the marriage.

[QUOTE=sky black swordman;4494982]Ise has already use bilingual on Sona once (or twice depending on how you look at it)in volume 5.
Yeah but that was during a rating game that's rather different from using it in normal life.

Quote:
True enough. However, in the OVA(which I heard is canon) when Akeno made a comment about pair (Rias feeding Ise). Rias played off as "Since she is living at his house, it's the least she can do"(Making him lunch).
Well I'm not sure of the chapter vaguely remember that in the LN both Rias and Asia helped Ise mom in the kitchen so yeah her fixing him a lunch wouldn't seem that special. And really Rias was doing things like using Ise as body pillow in the begining of series before she even really knew him so it's no wonder he has been confused.
Old 2012-12-31, 01:54   Link #413
cyberdemon

Quote:
Ise already asked Sona of what she thought of Saji. Unfortunately, Sona view Saji nothing more as a little brother and already knows that many of her servants are after him, she would not interfere. If Ise knew what Sona want then it would be easy for Ise to help Saji to get Sona. Except that Sona is more or less what anime call a "cool beauty", not much is known from her personality other than she has attachment to her older sister Leviathan. Its like someone who doesn't know how to cook attempting to help cook, knowledge is a must in a relationship or trying to help someone in a relationship.
I get the feeling that Sona is going to fall for Ise and it will lead to a fight that might allow Saji to gain full control of his powers. Ise probably wouldn't want to do that but Sona already shows that she has admiration for him for what he did for Rias when she couldn't. That could lead to something more eventually even if Ise isn't trying to do so for the sake of Saji.
Old 2012-12-31, 02:41   Link #414
Red_Zeal_Knight

Well here to hoping the author will do a whole vol from the girl point of view which could be an interesting read

Also on Ise misinterpreting the girls advances Asia is the worst case of that. She was trying so hard to show that she is interested in him but Ise reads it as cute little sister act. Oh what if she was a little brave and ask Ise out.

I also think Ise closer to a romance relationship with Sona than Saji right now, but Sona interested in smart guys so Ise shoots is still pretty far away
Old 2012-12-31, 03:55   Link #415
sky black swordman

Quote:
Well I'm not sure of the chapter vaguely remember that in the LN both Rias and Asia helped Ise mom in the kitchen so yeah her fixing him a lunch wouldn't seem that special. And really Rias was doing things like using Ise as body pillow in the begining of series before she even really knew him so it's no wonder he has been confused.
Hmm, I think that's volume 3 and I think it was dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Zeal_Knight View Post
Well here to hoping the author will do a whole vol from the girl point of view which could be an interesting read

Also on Ise misinterpreting the girls advances Asia is the worst case of that. She was trying so hard to show that she is interested in him but Ise reads it as cute little sister act. Oh what if she was a little brave and ask Ise out.

I also think Ise closer to a romance relationship with Sona than Saji right now, but Sona interested in smart guys so Ise shoots is still pretty far away
Yeah or an SS. Either way is good.
Asia told Ise about her life(the good and the bad) since she was a child. Asia never had a real family and never had friends her whole life. This created a desire in Ise to give Asia something she always wanted a friend.
When Asia moved in to Ise house this created another chance for Ise to give Asia something else she wanted, a family.This included Ise becoming something of a brother for her. That all depends on how she asked him out he.

Even then, I still think Ise has a better chance them Saji.
Old 2012-12-31, 06:04   Link #416
Soji

Some time ago I say that the blame for the situation in vol 10 was on both Rias and Isse ,but you guys just said most of the thing that I thought when i read the ln ,about the whole group/harem.
Isse help the whole group with their problem but none of them really realize about his own trauma/problem until vol 10.
Kinda sad if you ask me ,then again ,like some one already say Isse was pretty good to hide that.
Also I'm with you guys about a vol or SS from the girls pov(some girls talk about their mistake would be really good to read).

Last edited by Soji; 2012-12-31 at 12:05.
Old 2012-12-31, 12:01   Link #417
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Guess everyone agrees that the author should dedicate a short story or a volume base on the girls' point of view and review their time with Ise, their mistakes, and their interests.

Does anyone feel that its weird that Kiba blushes when Ise touches him when he turned into a girl? Kiba more or less have his personality still the same even if he transform into a girl yet blushes like a girl when Ise touches him. I think there is a flag raised that shouldn't be raised. Does anyone agree?
Old 2012-12-31, 12:02   Link #418
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Guess everyone agrees that the author should dedicate a short story or a volume base on the girls' point of view and review their time with Ise, their mistakes, and their interests.

Does anyone feel that its weird that Kiba blushes when Ise touches him when he turned into a girl? Kiba more or less have his personality still the same even if he transform into a girl yet blushes like a girl when Ise touches him. I think there is a flag raised that shouldn't be raised. Does anyone agree?
Kiba has and always will be part of Ise's harem..
Old 2012-12-31, 12:07   Link #419
Soji

ReaperxKingx@ I agree with you about Kiba .
Then again in the vol when he come back all the male give him that strange look ,Isse even point out that and was pretty frightened of this XD
Old 2012-12-31, 13:55   Link #420
Red_Zeal_Knight

Yea Kiba seems to have a strange attachment to Ise after vol 3
Feel sorry for Shinra, ShinraXKiba not happening anytime soon

So any one know how Irina can get closer Ise without being ecchi?
I don't see how plus she way behind everyone else.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen