Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-11-15, 12:21   Link #421
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post

That would really be the ticket.
But âge/ixtl have gone full prude. Maybe if the 80s mentality had stuck, there wouldn't be any of that "all ages" crap.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 00:05   Link #422
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
But âge/ixtl have gone full prude. Maybe if the 80s mentality had stuck, there wouldn't be any of that "all ages" crap.
Is it more than a coincidence that the term you chose, "full-prude," is similar to "full retard"? And what do you mean by "80s mentality"?

Well, Age is looking for ways to recoup its losses, and they can go look back at any Comiket where Carnelian was selling 18+ material--it almost certainly sold like hotcakes. Making a Schwarzesmarken eroge with individual character routes would almost certainly sell well, assuming the writing quality wasn't compromised in the process.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 08:50   Link #423
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm just not seeing how such an eroge can be made in the first place given the society.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 00:55   Link #424
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm just not seeing how such an eroge can be made in the first place given the society.
Pardon me, what do you mean "given the society"?
Old 2013-11-17, 01:02   Link #425
Sumeragi
Banned

DDR is not really a good place for the kind of free love required for eroges.
Old 2013-11-17, 03:38   Link #426
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I-what?

Well...I guess it depends on what you define as "free love". Pre-martial sex was not exactly hated upon, at least not anymore then it was in the Cold War-era America or West Germany. In fact, Communists might have had better sex education, for what was it worth. For all their control over citizens lives, neither Soviets or GDR discouraged their citizens from having sex. It's a very old, 50s stereotype. Which we find very amusing.

So if we're talking about, say, Theodore bedding Anette or Sylwia, no, it wouldn't be a problem. Why would it?

Now, Irisdina, Katja or Kirche, a.k.a all the "politically suspect" people...yeah, that might warrant some surveillance.

Keep in mind though, Stasi did send agents to seduce and marry dissidents. The husband of one of more anti-GDR activists was actually a high-ranking Stasi officer.

Now, if these were orgies or harem things...yeah, probably, it would be unlikely. Pre-marriage sex with a woman you like? No.

Ironically, a proper Communism would be probably the most "free" love friendly system. Of course, a proper Communist system had never existed to begin with.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 03:57   Link #427
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So tl;dr, Stasi doesn't give a shit about who you have sex with, unless it's the politically suspect people, at which points surveillance pops because they want to make sure those people won't influence you away from East German Propaganda, correct?

Also, I find the idea that Stasi could regulate people's sex lives in East Germany to be laughable. There's just no way for Stasi to monitor everyone to that level, not when Markus Wolf was also running counterintel against the CIA, MI6 and everybody else.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 06:32   Link #428
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
So tl;dr, Stasi doesn't give a shit about who you have sex with, unless it's the politically suspect people, at which points surveillance pops because they want to make sure those people won't influence you away from East German Propaganda, correct?

Also, I find the idea that Stasi could regulate people's sex lives in East Germany to be laughable. There's just no way for Stasi to monitor everyone to that level, not when Markus Wolf was also running counterintel against the CIA, MI6 and everybody else.
Didn't that think only happened in the 1984 Novel?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 17:00   Link #429
Sumeragi
Banned

I think people are missing the point that the 666th TSF Squadron is a highly important force which means it would be under the surveillance of Stasi regardless of who is in it. If it was just some backwater minor platoon then most likely Stasi wouldn't care who does what.
Old 2013-11-17, 18:23   Link #430
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
I think people are missing the point that the 666th TSF Squadron is a highly important force which means it would be under the surveillance of Stasi regardless of who is in it. If it was just some backwater minor platoon then most likely Stasi wouldn't care who does what.
When you put that way, you make more sense instead of the blanket "DDR regulates sex" POV you were espousing a while back. Nice save.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-17, 18:25   Link #431
Sumeragi
Banned

Given that we're talking about an eroge featuring the 666th TSF Squadron, did I really need to write qualifiers to my original statement?
Old 2013-11-17, 19:00   Link #432
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Will it sell better if it's sold as an eroge with sex scenes included?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:21   Link #433
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Given that we're talking about an eroge featuring the 666th TSF Squadron, did I really need to write qualifiers to my original statement?
Given that your initial point was written quite generally, yes, yes you should have.

You may have assumed that qualifiers were unnecessary, but it's evident that wasn't the case in this instance. I think it's been established before that your perspective of the world is very different than mine, as an example.

For me, I find when in doubt, it's better to be as specific and clear as possible, because despite how much I would want it, The Moorcock doesn't quite have universal application in all things, given that everyone sees things differently. Hell, in the kampung I grew up in, telling someone "I know I'm better than you" is nothing strange and considered ordinary, but that gets me tempbanned on Animesuki. On the other hand the word "pariah" is a perfectly serviceable word in English, and is used in the west without anyone batting an eye, but to Malaysian Indians it's apparently the worst insult you could call any of them.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-17, 20:50   Link #434
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I must ask you this question, Goose: Why should you bother to fix everyone's grammar?
Old 2013-11-17, 23:43   Link #435
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I must ask you this question, Goose: Why should you bother to fix everyone's grammar?
Because if you're not clear in what you're saying, it leads to misunderstandings. And because I studied law, and the English system of law, being based upon precedents and previous judgements, makes a point that you must be clear in what you are saying.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-19, 06:26   Link #436
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Will it sell better if it's sold as an eroge with sex scenes included?
Why shouldn't it? We have the light novels already for the all-ages crowd; why not cater to Age's original 18+ fans, especially given that Carnelian would be illustrating this hypothetical eroge (one of her artistic specialties)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
I-what?

It's a very old, 50s stereotype. Which we find very amusing.

So if we're talking about, say, Theodore bedding Anette or Sylwia, no, it wouldn't be a problem. Why would it?

Now, Irisdina, Katja or Kirche, a.k.a all the "politically suspect" people...yeah, that might warrant some surveillance.
That's good to know. Anyway, what kind of "severe action" beyond surveillance would that require most of the time? The 666th is already being sent into suicide missions most of the time. As long as they don't engage in rebellious violence against the DDR, what reason do the higher-ups have to stop their (censored) time?
Old 2013-11-19, 06:37   Link #437
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Because they are just so famous and having somewhat influence. Take a look at Stalin, he once used Nicolai Yezhov to direct the Great Purge, and then get rid of Nicolai in fear of his power and influence.
Old 2013-11-19, 14:41   Link #438
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Is it more than a coincidence that the term you chose, "full-prude," is similar to "full retard"? And what do you mean by "80s mentality"?
Coincidence. I never intended to say "full retard".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh
And what do you mean by "80s mentality"?
Well, I should've said "80s/90s", actually, because back then, no fucks were given regarding sexual content in series. Even stuff like VOTOMS had nudity, and don't get me started with OVAs from back then.

It's not just âge; many studios (anime, VNs, you call it) are doing "safer" material. Why I do not know yet, at least, not clearly.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 17:49   Link #439
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
It's not just âge; many studios (anime, VNs, you call it) are doing "safer" material. Why I do not know yet, at least, not clearly.
Really? Could you give me some examples? I wouldn't be able to tell, what with all the terabytes worth of nukige that are released often.

And how exactly would 18+ material in their games hurt them anyway?
Old 2013-12-09, 21:42   Link #440
itrytofight

Look what I found.

Hey guys, just found Pham (don't know if its from the latest chaters and/or novel or an earlier part of the story...)

You just have to sift through about three or four images till you find her, but she's there.

http://ameblo.jp/muv-luv-alt/entry-11557525361.html

"][/SPOILER]

Last edited by itrytofight; 2013-12-09 at 22:07.
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote