Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 21:23   Link #101
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Also this is even more blatantly kiddy than AGE. I'm sort of confused by why this isn't getting a huge shit storm like AGE got.
I'm not sure about that. I actually take the lack of huge shit storm or even the lack of huge discussions of the new series announcement as indication that anime watchers (who are not hardcore Gundam fans) just sorta move on from Gundam and now don't even bother to post about it. I kinda notice that interest in Gundam overall (in multiple forums) has sharply dropped ever since Age and BF probably won't do a good job to attract casual anime watchers.

My local forum, which is pretty hot on Gundam (constant talk about the kits and tv series, which is better etc) just sorta ignore BF. Everyone was like "Oh...Bandai has did it again. Move on to Unicorn and Origin. Ignore BF".

I think the lack of shit storm is kinda worrying imo
Old 2013-07-05, 21:42   Link #102
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because Gundam has a broken, unpleasable fanbase that only gets worse with time. I imagine Origin will draw ire from other parts of the fanbase, the parts that don't care for UC or have been slighted by UC elitists. It's inevitable.
Gundam fans seem to be more tamed compare to other anime fandoms, such as Nanoha.

And those fans shouldn't really care, SD Gundam franchise has been around for how long? I didn't even know there was a SD Gundam Romance of the Three Kingdom version until I saw my nephew watching it.
Old 2013-07-05, 21:46   Link #103
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Gundam fans seem to be more tamed compare to other anime fandoms, such as Nanoha.

And those fans shouldn't really care, SD Gundam franchise has been around for how long? I didn't even know there was a SD Gundam Romance of the Three Kingdom version until I saw my nephew watching it.
Then you haven't really been paying attention here in each of the episode threads, or been hanging out in the right locations. Gundam's fanbase as a whole is too fractured. UC elitists, who condemn anything that isn't part of the main timeline, newcomers who were introduced with an AU, likely Gundam Wing, who scorn the lackluster quality of the UC shows due to their age, SEED fans, who are often up in arms with elitists due to the nature of SEED's beginnings, so on and so forth. All of them present and all of them at each other's throats whenever a new Gundam show is hinted at or announced. It's part of the cycle.
Old 2013-07-05, 21:49   Link #104
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I will be honest, after 00 ended I haven't been around this forum. I remember the Seed fans that is about it. Maybe I was naive back in the day, or maybe I was part of the UC elitist so I just took shit on Seed fans and didn't notice.

You know how was the forum like when Age was airing? I still haven't gotten beyond the first two episodes(?).
Old 2013-07-05, 21:57   Link #105
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
You know how was the forum like when Age was airing? I still haven't gotten beyond the first two episodes(?).
The forum was real quiet when Age was airing. After the initial shitstorm from the reveal, there wasn't much in the episode discussions. No epic flaming and defense war from the 00 days, not much speculations due to the nature of the shows, not much mechanical designs discussion due to the lack of mechanic details. Everyone seems to admit the show kinda suck and some like it and deem it watchable. That's it. I sorta missed the epic forum battle in 00 days

I think the forum is gonna be quiet again when BF hits
Old 2013-07-05, 21:57   Link #106
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was particularly bad in the later half of the story. There were lots of complaints and a number of them were valid, but a great deal of it was just scorn over trivial things or faction squabbles. A few others were particularly trying in their efforts to annoy others, at least one I can name offhand simply because I had to deal with him personally.

BF's reception here has been lukewarm, at least, and better than other place's reactions, but I daresay it'll all change once it actually begins airing. For better or for worse remains to be seen.
Old 2013-07-05, 22:01   Link #107
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

You have your own forum, Lightning Zero? Can I join? (please)

As for the lack of people throwing a fit it is quite simple: Unlike Age this is A) Fan service series like Ultraman Mebius, Kamen Rider Decade, Gokaiger, etc with fans of the franchise assuming that this will pay a lot of homage and B) Nobody was complaining about the visuals. The issue with Age that started people getting ticked was the visuals.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 22:02   Link #108
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, AGE's visuals were second when it came to the rage induction. What ticked everyone off about AGE in the beginning was the misinformation on the premise.
Old 2013-07-05, 23:02   Link #109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The forum was real quiet when Age was airing. After the initial shitstorm from the reveal, there wasn't much in the episode discussions. No epic flaming and defense war from the 00 days, not much speculations due to the nature of the shows, not much mechanical designs discussion due to the lack of mechanic details. Everyone seems to admit the show kinda suck and some like it and deem it watchable. That's it. I sorta missed the epic forum battle in 00 days
From my experience, there was actually a shitstorm happening during Kio's arc when he became "the retarded-pacifist who protected his enemies from dying but let countless of his comrades die in battle", a joke-term that will forever stick to Kio. It's just, the "shit-throwing" is more in one direction at the show than between fans-who-bash & fans-who-defend since people rarely willing or able to defend AGE aside from the usual "Meh, I think it's good" or "It's not that bad" comments instead of the fiery "You are wrong!!" etc.
Old 2013-07-05, 23:04   Link #110
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually it wasn't even the "I think it's good" or such during those arguments, it boiled down to people who condemned Flit's views and those who defended them regardless of how bad it was to defend a genocide policy.
Old 2013-07-05, 23:09   Link #111
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Actually it wasn't even the "I think it's good" or such during those arguments, it boiled down to people who condemned Flit's views and those who defended them regardless of how bad it was to defend a genocide policy.
Ah yes, the short-lived "Genocidal Granpa" debates. How can I forget that . That, and the shit-throwing at Kio and the overall face-palming plot was what made the thread alive .
Old 2013-07-05, 23:49   Link #112
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The pilot got to be a genius....

nahhh the MS have a " Shoot every thing button/ Ute Ute trigger
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 23:56   Link #113
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Behold, the Gundam of Beamspam McMuppet.
Old 2013-07-06, 00:10   Link #114
Skye629

Quote:
Then you haven't really been paying attention here in each of the episode threads, or been hanging out in the right locations. Gundam's fanbase as a whole is too fractured. UC elitists, who condemn anything that isn't part of the main timeline, newcomers who were introduced with an AU, likely Gundam Wing, who scorn the lackluster quality of the UC shows due to their age, SEED fans, who are often up in arms with elitists due to the nature of SEED's beginnings, so on and so forth. All of them present and all of them at each other's throats whenever a new Gundam show is hinted at or announced. It's part of the cycle.
And the small minority party who values everything on their own merits yelling at the others to take a chill pill
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 06:08   Link #115
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

LoL.. If you guys though that the 00 days were turbulent, you should have been here when the 2nd and 3rd act of Destiny was airing. each day 10 new threads would op up, each filed with wall-text posts (we could make or own threads back then).

And the "big guys" here back then scared the shit out of me. They didn't have much love for the noobs, So I didn't register untill 2006.. Even tough I was shadowing this forum since 2003.

I wish I could hyperlink you guys to all the shitstorm that toke place at that time, but (un)fortunately almost everything was lost in that server hack back in 2006. The Gundam fandom on the internet has somewhat declined since that time.. That's when we had the most activity in this and many other Gundam related forums.
Old 2013-07-06, 06:36   Link #116
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
So if falls in the hands of an idiot...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 07:03   Link #117
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

actually i am ok with the series premise .... Kinda like a toy story ... but with Gunpla ... acutaly there are couple of funny stop motions like this

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2013-07-06 at 07:32.
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 12:39   Link #118
monster

How true to the source materials would these model kits be in terms of capabilities? I'm thinking it would be like a video game where there is some kind of a balancing effect, so there wouldn't be a mobile suit that's too powerful compared to the competition.

I can't imagine something like Turn A or Devil/Dark Gundam working at their full power, if they even appear.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:02   Link #119
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
How true to the source materials would these model kits be in terms of capabilities? I'm thinking it would be like a video game where there is some kind of a balancing effect, so there wouldn't be a mobile suit that's too powerful compared to the competition.

I can't imagine something like Turn A or Devil/Dark Gundam working at their full power, if they even appear.
I don't think they'll use the ultimate hack MS's.. Something like Turn A probably won't make an appearance.. And if it does, then I guess they'll try to balance it with something thats equally powerful.

And all the other powerful suits (strong, but not 00 or Turn A's level of hack) like Double X, S-Freedom, Wing Zero etc will not be piloted by their original super pilots, so they'll probably be weaker..
Old 2013-07-06, 15:32   Link #120
justavisitor

All I know about this show is that, I will bash the show really hard if they dare to use recycled fighting scenes during this series ...after all, fighting is about the only thing matters in this show and there will be plenty of angry audiences if they mess up. But if I am going to bet I think there has to be some reused fighting scenes at some points during the show. It will be a miracle if we don't even have one reused scene throughout the series.

And hopefully they will have a gundam (or gunpla) fight every single episode. They don't need a episode focused on character development like seed. So in conclusion, just focus on fighting scene until the audience feels tired of it
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen