AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-05-11, 21:34   Link #21
ShinDragon

They put in something funny there in the beginning of ep2.
I'm talking about the "Password" if you know what I mean.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 21:37   Link #22
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
heh heh, yeah that was somewhat amusing ^^;

maybe we'll see more Go Nagai related stuff in future eps =D
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 21:57   Link #23
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
heh heh, yeah that was somewhat amusing ^^;

maybe we'll see more Go Nagai related stuff in future eps =D
Spoiler:
Invoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 03:27   Link #24
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
and....why the hell did they change Ryoma's and Hayato's voice actors >.<
Considering they've been doing the voice acting even before the original series start (considering how old it was).....may be they have already retired or something? Wish someone can confirm whether that's the case......
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 12:37   Link #25
ManaKnight

Akira Kamiya was doing Ryouma's voice and he's still in the business. Or he's always at Banpresto voicing half the cast of the next Super Robot Wars.
ManaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 13:06   Link #26
StormD
D is for Damage!

Send a message via ICQ to StormD Send a message via AIM to StormD
Wow, I missed this thread, but I'm so glad you all are liking the series!

Let me clear up some questions, problems, etc:

1. Codec problems: We encoded this video with XviD. If you have that installed, it should work fine. (personally, I'd recommend that anybody ever having any sort of codec problems download and install DefilerPak, which is a minimalist set of codecs and format-filters that allow pretty much any internet anime to play, but anyone else in ASS, and probably a few here, would kill me for recommending any sort of Codec Pack).

2. Continuity with other Getter Robos. This is an all-new independent series. Like many shows which span several different series over the years, the timeline for Getter is twisted, branched, and incomprehensible, starting with the fact that the original 1974 Getter Robo cartoon was very different from the original comic. As mentioned before, the characters and designs were much different, and the comic had a much darker tone.

The new show adds a whole host of new problems. First the title "Shin Getter Robo" 新ゲッターロボ (literally "New Getter Robo") is a homophone with the title of another Getter show from 1998 "Shin Getter Robo" 真ゲッターロボ (literally "True Getter Robo"), which was released by ADV as "Getter Robo Armageddon". In the 1998 series, Shin Getter Robo is the name of the robot itself, which is a revised and rebuilt machine, based on the original Getter, which in that timeline was destroyed years ago. Shin Getter Robo (the machine) also features prominently in the climax of the 2000 OAV "Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo".

The 2004 series, however, is a return to the beginning of the timeline, this time, with an effort to more closely follow Nagai's original mood and storyline (well, sorta). The robot is just Getter Robo (although updated with a fresh new design, and incorporating some of the stuff from Getter Robo G, like the Getter Wing), and the title implies that this is a NEW show about Getter Robo. The characters are more close to the manga version, like Ryoma's background as an indebted dojo-owner, and Hayato's violent side.

Suffice to say that this show stands on its own and requires no previous Getter expertise to enjoy. Everything starts from the beginning, and no essential prior knowledge has been assumed by the director.

3. Release timeline: This show comes out on pay per view 2 episodes at a time on the second Friday of the month, starting last month. Episodes 3-4 will debut on Perfect Choice in Japan this Friday. We'll be subbing them as fast as we can once we get them. The show will end in September, when episodes 11-13 will be released. We will release our torrents for each episode as we finish them on our torrent page. We'll probably announce them in the Torrent Submissions forum here as well.

4. Other stuff:
Spoiler:

Akira Kamiya once said that he would cough up blood after Getter Robo recording sessions because of the amount of screaming he would do as Ryoma. We can only hope that Hideo Ishikawa gives us that level of performance as well. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

Thanks for watching, and we'll see you again soon!

--
StormD
editor/timer, Anime SkyScraper

Last edited by StormD; 2004-05-12 at 15:43.
StormD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:25   Link #27
Troilism

An epic series, just thought I would bump this to see if there's any other fans out there. I first learned of getter robo from super robot wars games. This anime was pretty epic. Black getter, stoner sunshine, shine spark, getter TOMAHAAAAWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKK.

Seriously though, I doubt there's anything as awesome as akira kamiya letting a getter tomahawk yell out!
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 21:29   Link #28
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Have a look at this thread when you have the time.

Do you ever finish watching it (Shin Getter Robo) ? That twist in the end was cruel imo.
Old 2009-10-27, 22:02   Link #29
Troilism

yeah, I actually liked the twist even though it was cruel... Yeah I took a look at shin mazinger. Great show, they changed a lot of stuff but it still works out...I'm just hoping to see a revamp of great mazinger who is my favourite.

Btw have you checked out new getter robo? Another revamp that does a decent job.

EDIT: I just realized I think I got this thread mixed up with the Armageddon one since that one is called shin getter as well, and I know this newest one by new getter robo? Confusing stuff but I've seen both already so I'm good <.<
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 21:22   Link #30
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Love this. I got the Gennon boxset for a great price. The Music videos are great. This has got to be the most violent giant robot anime I have ever seen, and one of the most violent in general.
Old 2009-10-29, 21:36   Link #31
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, I got the Geneon set too for a great price. I was also surprised at the level of violence in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilism View Post
yeah, I actually liked the twist even though it was cruel... Yeah I took a look at shin mazinger. Great show, they changed a lot of stuff but it still works out...I'm just hoping to see a revamp of great mazinger who is my favourite.

Btw have you checked out new getter robo? Another revamp that does a decent job.

EDIT: I just realized I think I got this thread mixed up with the Armageddon one since that one is called shin getter as well, and I know this newest one by new getter robo? Confusing stuff but I've seen both already so I'm good <.<
I liked Armageddon better than this one. There was no Go in this one.
Old 2011-11-14, 12:42   Link #32
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Just finished watching this along with Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo and Armageddon. We need more insane mecha pilots like these guys.

Spoiler for H.I.S.H.E.:
Old 2013-07-27, 23:54   Link #33
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

New Getter Robo Anime/OVA next year?
Spoiler for Images:
Old 2013-07-29, 02:36   Link #34
Kirayuki

It's just a collaboration project with Sentinel, no word about it being in animated form (probably in the future). For now, it seems limited to concept and figure release.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote