AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 22:24   Link #201
lilxtito

does anyone know how K-F did the starry effect for the new ED? (One Piece)

Last edited by lilxtito; 2006-04-12 at 23:30.
lilxtito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:45   Link #202
HTD

Quote:
does anyone know how K-F did the starry effect for the new ED? (One Piece)
I think it is done in AE .. i think it is impossible to do in ASS/SSA
HTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 16:25   Link #203
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
It's very possible to do it in ASS/SSA, without using \clip or \p. You might want to grab a copy of your favorite font editor, though, and learn how to write ASS effects in some kind of automated fashion (use of karaoke program, or write perl/lua code, etc)
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 09:18   Link #204
Jeroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun
Wow, cool! I've only been doing this for about a week now, but I was just starting to get the hang of karaoking and thinking a program like this to calculate the time values and insert the proper karaoke effect would be helpful, and then I checked here and saw this!

Great program! If I could make one suggestion for future releases, though, it'd be the ability to add multiple {\t}'s on a line with different time values based on the start and end times on the \k. So you could, for example, turn {\k30} into {\t(0,150,\bord10)}{\t(150,300,\bord3} by putting in "s" in the "Start" field and "(s+e)/2" in the End field for the first effect and "(s+e)/2" for Start and "e" for End on the second effect.

Uh... if that makes sense...

But anyway, great program as is. I'll get use out of this one for sure! Thanks!
You can do that already in it, just make multiple effects for one style.

And you can use those like this: start time: s+20 and endtime: e-20 etc then make new effect and use start: e-20 end: e
Jeroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 22:37   Link #205
Ayhashi
Anime Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
Yeah, I would suggest using Lagarith. I've been using Lagarith for a good amount of time and have yet to encounter any horrid issues. Also when karaoke or typesetting a fansub, I would suggest making clips of the sign or karaoke and then compressing that out to Lagarith. Once you have done whatever then you can render out a RGBA and overlay it in the final encode using AVS.
hi ppl. Hey can you explain me with more details that process?? It would be a great help, i have already done my karaoke with AE but now I'm encountering problems with the "merge" of the karaoke op video with the rest of the episode.

Thanks in advance.
Ayhashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 15:20   Link #206
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Render the movie with the Lagarith codec (make sure RGBA is checked in the options of the Lagarith codec), then in the After Effects option window, make sure it says RGB+A and Unmatted. After you get the overlay.avi, use an AVISynth script to overlay your video on top of the original (assuming the videos are the same length):
Code:
src=AVISource("youroriginalvideo.avi")
ovl=AVISource("overlay.avi")
Overlay(src,vol.ConvertToYV12(),mask=ovl.ShowAlpha())
This is just an example script, so you may have to do your own tweaks, changes, etc.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 15:26   Link #207
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I wrote a rather lengthy post about the avisynth part here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=42
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 17:04   Link #208
Ayhashi
Anime Madness

thank you very much TheFluff and zalas. Finally I was able to do it. Render my movie with alpha channel and then overlaying it on the original vid. cool. I still need to refine some details, but at least i know how to do it right now

Another question. Some way to make a bouncing ball that "jumps" from sylab to sylab?? I was thinking on create an image of a ball and then aplying a motion path/beizer and using the times of the sylabs as reference. But there's a better way or a more automated way to do it ??

thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry bout my bad english ^^!
Old 2006-04-30, 17:23   Link #209
TheFluff

http://www.malakith.net/aegisub/viewtopic.php?t=175
That's how to do it using Aegisub, ASS and Lua scripting. Kind of, at least. Not at all related to AFX, though... >_>
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-04-30, 17:51   Link #210
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

I was gonna say, I can explain how to do it in ASS...
My version would be
1) make a font with a character that looks like a ball (or find one that already has such thing)
2) set \org for the ball way below the screen threshold
3) use \t(\frz) to move the ball across the screen
4) use \t(\frx) to let it bounce up and down

No trigonometry required, no need to understand bizziere or whatever curve... But I've NEVER tried it before, so I have NO clue how well this works.
Old 2006-04-30, 21:36   Link #211
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
I was gonna say, I can explain how to do it in ASS...
My version would be
1) make a font with a character that looks like a ball (or find one that already has such thing)
2) set \org for the ball way below the screen threshold
3) use \t(\frz) to move the ball across the screen
4) use \t(\frx) to let it bounce up and down

No trigonometry required, no need to understand bizziere or whatever curve... But I've NEVER tried it before, so I have NO clue how well this works.
That'd be fine, but it's take forever to do because you'd have to manually adjust the values to make the ball bounce to the right spot. If you used a fixed-width font, you could write a perl script or something to calculate them automatically, but with most truetype fonts unless you code a font rendering engine yourself it'd be a by hand operation. You'd have to position the bounce for each syllable by hand which would take about 2-4 hours, depending on how fast the song is. Doable, I suppose.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 22:35   Link #212
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
That'd be fine, but it's take forever to do because you'd have to manually adjust the values to make the ball bounce to the right spot. If you used a fixed-width font, you could write a perl script or something to calculate them automatically, but with most truetype fonts unless you code a font rendering engine yourself it'd be a by hand operation. You'd have to position the bounce for each syllable by hand which would take about 2-4 hours, depending on how fast the song is. Doable, I suppose.
I've done couple manual placement like that in the past. Personally, I don't think twice before doing something like that, as long as I think it's absolutely what I want. Actually, if I display the line on screen once, set the proper PlayResX and Y, and figure out the exact coordinate with photoshop or aegisub, I should be able to use those coordinates, plug it in some trigonometric formula, and figure out the \frz angle displacement.
<.< That's still lots of manual labor....
*is too stubborn to switch to afx*
Old 2006-05-01, 06:31   Link #213
TheFluff

There's an automation script for aegisub that does just that (calculate glyph/syllable widths that is) but it's somewhat buggy, IIRC...

Old 2006-05-01, 11:43   Link #214
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

I've actually played around with that feature a bit. I haven't looked too deeply in to what the script is doing, but it was rather neat to see that someone is attempting it. A bit off topic here, but kudos to that script and its author.
Old 2006-05-01, 11:56   Link #215
jfs
Aegisub dev

What I have done when I needed movement along a path, was actually a "two-pass" algorithm, first calculate a path and store in a structure, and afterwards apply the path to the text/object/whatever.
The path always consists of line segments, since that makes things far easier to work with (ie. curves are converted into line segments in the calculate-path step). Then there are two ways of handling the path, in ASS. One is simply generating one line with a \move per segment, easy but only works if the "duration" of each segment is at least one frame. The other requires actually simulating movement along the path, and creating a line per frame. The second method might also be better if you need some kind of trail to follow the moving object. I'm pretty sure I posted an example of this earlier in the thread.
It does take a bit of math, but it's nothing complicated, and unless you're generating paths with curves in it, it's not even high-school level.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 02:32   Link #216
CIRee
fansubbing n00blet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
http://www.malakith.net/aegisub/viewtopic.php?t=175
That's how to do it using Aegisub, ASS and Lua scripting. Kind of, at least. Not at all related to AFX, though... >_>
yeah this method I have used, you just need the right font and to replace the \p code.
CIRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 09:25   Link #217
Ayhashi
Anime Madness

Hi ppl. I was seeing this vid from Paradise Kiss Opening by Shinsen subs. And i was wondering if you can gave me some leads of how to do the disolving syllab butterfly appearing thing. I mean, i know how to make the syllab dissapear, but then a lot of blue butterflys appears on screen right from the spot the syllab was. Can someone give me some hints about that plz ??

PS: sorry bout my bad english ^^!
Old 2006-06-07, 09:57   Link #218
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Create a new font that has an image of a butterfly.
Figure out the \pos coordinate where you want the butterfly to show up from.
If you want the butterfly to fly some distance, you can use \move instead of \pos.
Use \t with \alpha, \fs, etc to give additinoal effects.
Old 2006-06-07, 12:11   Link #219
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Humm, it's not really the shinsen-subs opening since it has never been released

Well, anyway.

I've created a butterfly in illustrator, animated the illustrator file in after effects in order to make it look like it flies.
Aftermaths, I used particular to throw particles from the text and using that animated butterfly as the particle.

Well, if you want to do that in SSA or something, have fun.
Old 2006-06-07, 17:52   Link #220
Ayhashi
Anime Madness

no, I want to do it in AE. Can you explain me a little more about that "particular" option plz ^^

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software