AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-11, 14:41   Link #21
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Careful, spin-off shows rarely turn out to be good. I can already see that the characters are going to have similar personalities/roles as the original cast did. That could either be good or bad, and I'm betting on the latter.

After that train wreck that Cinderella Girls from the iM@S series turned out to be, I'm not all that excited for this one.
in fact, this being a spinoff about a completely different groupe as a lot more potential to be good than a stretched out 3rd season about µ's.
don't misunderstand i fucking love µ's, but i think they made the right choice of seeing when to stop before it become just milking a license to the point of its death.

i know for sure that i won't be able to never make comparison between aquours and µ's, i don't think it's possible never to make any, but that won't ever prevent me for liking it as its own merit (or disliking perhaps but i doubt it )
Old 2016-01-11, 14:54   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
in fact, this being a spinoff about a completely different groupe as a lot more potential to be good than a stretched out 3rd season about µ's.
don't misunderstand i fucking love µ's, but i think they made the right choice of seeing when to stop before it become just milking a license to the point of its death.

i know for sure that i won't be able to never make comparison between aquours and µ's, i don't think it's possible never to make any, but that won't ever prevent me for liking it as its own merit (or disliking perhaps but i doubt it )
It's probably the better move. Though I can understand people already liking one group and just wanting more of that group.

With a fresh group you do have potential for new favorites, but also the potential that you won't like the new group . Just one of the risks that exists.

In the end I'll give them a shot. Didn't know if I'd like the original Muse until the series actually started. Here's hoping for the best.
Old 2016-01-11, 15:28   Link #23
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
More Love Live! is always good for me, although I'd personally prefered Studio 8 to do something else (Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere season 3 when?).
This is what I meant. Or some new original/LN adaptation.
Old 2016-01-11, 18:01   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Wait, one of them is chuuni? Having watched cinderella girls, my standards for that type are really high (you should know who I'm talking about). I hope the drama isn't exaggerated.
This is what the Love Live! Wikia has to say about Tsushima Yoshiko. As long as this character element is played mostly for lighthearted comedy, I think it'll work well. You're probably right that not overdoing the drama is key here.

I'm sure I would have loved more of µ's, but I respect the decisions that the Love Live! people (including µ's themselves) have made.
Old 2016-01-11, 18:19   Link #25
Nork22

Just finish watching the Nico broadcast and gotta say, liking the new seiyuus and the characters they play.

Observations: Chika is just Honoka and Rin combine into one. Good or bad, depends on how they will do that in the anime. Still got a soft spot for the genki girls. Johanne though... the broadcast nearly made me jump ship. I will not abandon the captain! Dia and Mari are a lot more interesting than I first though. Ruby is just too cute for her own good. Hanamaru and Kanan are funny, but won't move up in my rankings.

Makes me a bit more excited that they are going ahead with an anime a lot sooner, but I'll still go in there with some trepidation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
More Love Live! is always good for me, although I'd personally prefered Studio 8 to do something else (Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere season 3 when?).
You wait. I've been waiting 10 years for some new Banner of the Stars adaptation from Sunrise.
Old 2016-01-11, 19:27   Link #26
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Careful, spin-off shows rarely turn out to be good. I can already see that the characters are going to have similar personalities/roles as the original cast did. That could either be good or bad, and I'm betting on the latter.

After that train wreck that Cinderella Girls from the iM@S series turned out to be, I'm not all that excited for this one.
My biggest fear, but at leas the cast isn't as large.
Old 2016-01-11, 22:40   Link #27
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think you're being overly negative. I get Tempester's point on Chika and Riko specifically, but the Sunshine PV makes some of the other Aqours girls seem distinct from μ's.

Watanabe You has a slight superficial similarity to Hanayo, but her personality seems different from Hanayo and all the μ's girls. You dreams of being a ship captain, and even likes making some salutes, which is certainly different from anybody in μ's.

Ruby Kurosawa gives me the vibe of a shy and soft-spoken, but sweet and cheerful girl. Her overall look is also significantly different from anybody in μ's.

Yoshiko Tsushima is apparently a full-blown chuunibyou case, which makes her significantly different from anybody in μ's.

So there should be at least some freshness in Sunshine's main cast. Will it all come together well? That remains to be seen, but this franchise hasn't disappointed me yet, so I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

At the very least, Julio C, I hope you'll give Sunshine a good 3-episode try.

Yeah, I'm sure Sunshine will probably get compared some to the original - Heck, it already is before it even airs. So it might help to have seen the original if you're going to follow Sunshine discussion here on Anime Suki.

Hopefully work won't be killing you over the next few months.
Of course I'll watch it, but I don't have high hopes for it though, and I would like it to be great. So the show takes place at a different school? It looks like it's the same school but after a few years have passed by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post

The movie pretty much sealed that show away, and there is no way they are going to make another season. Going for a new group in this spin-off was the best choice, but how well will it be?
Old 2016-01-12, 00:05   Link #28
l.kostas

Official site, English version
Old 2016-01-12, 00:06   Link #29
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Of course I'll watch it, but I don't have high hopes for it though, and I would like it to be great. So the show takes place at a different school? It looks like it's the same school but after a few years have passed by?
The show takes place at a different school. However, one character (Riko) is a transfer student from μ's' school.
Old 2016-01-12, 00:36   Link #30
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
*squeals intensely*
Old 2016-01-12, 03:01   Link #31
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
An anime site with an English version before it even comes out....

What manner of sorcery did this?!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-01-12, 04:17   Link #32
Ulin

I would be glad to see some kind of cameo from the original 9... though I find it very unlikely

I'll still watch it anyway
Old 2016-01-12, 06:27   Link #33
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

A crappy one. Seems like someone copy-paste Chika's profile to Riko's. Also Yoshiko is now Jeanne? Johanne was way dorkier!
Old 2016-01-12, 07:59   Link #34
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Rokka no Yuusha had one well before its release, iirc.
Old 2016-01-12, 18:49   Link #35
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Never finished the original because I heard the ending of the first season was terrible and didn't want to waste my time on it. I'm looking forward to this though because it lacks all the baggage of the original series.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2016-01-12, 18:55   Link #36
IceHism

I remember when sunrise and dengeki said they would like to make another accel world season and possibly horizon.
Rip the dream.

Shareholders too stronk
Old 2016-01-13, 01:05   Link #37
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Never finished the original because I heard the ending of the first season was terrible and didn't want to waste my time on it. I'm looking forward to this though because it lacks all the baggage of the original series.
i would not say terrible, i'd say like any light serie out there that feel forced to add some kinda drama around ep 10-11 for no apparent reason. its bad yes, but not worse than others
Old 2016-01-13, 03:03   Link #38
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I remember when sunrise and dengeki said they would like to make another accel world season and possibly horizon.
Rip the dream.

Shareholders too stronk
More like publisher. IIRC reason why we don't get more horizon is because sunrise doesn't like the agreement that is been made by kodakawa

Old 2016-01-13, 17:34   Link #39
jdennis007

I noticed they were going for a more "wholesome" look for the girls in the MV, no garters or garter straps to be seen anywhere.
Old 2016-01-13, 18:14   Link #40
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
More like publisher. IIRC reason why we don't get more horizon is because sunrise doesn't like the agreement that is been made by kodakawa
Really? Kawahara said time ago he wanted a sequel for Accel World yet Studio 8 was busy with Love Live milking so his editor considered changing studios, being Kyoani one of the options.

BTW, which is the studio for the announced sequel?
Closed Thread

Tags
idol