AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 15:25   Link #21
LeafNinja

You see a freaked out version of Shizune's face, and you just see Tsunade from her back (much to every horny otaku's dismay: OMG D00D she has big B00BS!!11). Pretty much exactly how the manga chapter depicted that particular event.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:28   Link #22
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofet
after watching the raw, I liked this episode very much, because:

Spoiler:
You my friend, have horrible horrible taste.

Spoiler:
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:46   Link #23
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

I think Tsunade will be pretty cool once we see her fight, but until then she's just another character running rampant. My pre-haven't-yet-seen-the-episode implications tell me it should be pretty awesome.

Except for the part where Sasuke gets pummeled... true to fangirl nature, I still won't give up on him.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:54   Link #24
ShikaShika
無罪

Spoiler:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:04   Link #25
polgars
Ninja Academy Student

cool!

haven't seen it yet! don't wanna see the RAW! i wanna see the subbed! I'm a Jiraiya fan!!!
polgars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:15   Link #26
Electrode

Spoiler:
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 17:06   Link #27
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-26, 18:15   Link #28
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Hmm...pretty good ep, though wish I had editting software to get rid of those flashbacks! I mean - it was last episode, dammit! And as if that wasn't enough, they started having flashbacks of earlier in the SAME EPISODE! Heheh. Sure, it's a quintessential part of Naruto, but that doesn't mean it's not silly!

Spoiler tags for those who haven't seen the episode yet:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-Bon Bon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:24   Link #29
ShikaShika
無罪

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-26, 18:25   Link #30
Lazy Shikamaru

After seeing the episode, there is no way you could get that horrifying emotion of Sasuke getting his ass beaten in the manga. It was sad to say the least, poor sasuke. When I saw this in the manga, I wasn't in the least worried about him. There was no screams of agony in the manga for one, but also there was no sound effects or the sad music to go with it. This is by far one of the good examples as to why the anime is better at telling the story than the manga.
Lazy Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:28   Link #31
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
[spoiler]I know my taste differs from most people's probably but from my experiance with Naruto, any filler is bad. I might give you Temari vs Tenten but other than that I think it's all been pretty useless and a waste of time. I do of course see the reason for filler, and nobody wants the anime to catch up with the manga. That's why I wish the episodes were half as long or not released as often but you can't really do that either can you. I lose either way. :P
Some of my favorite parts of this anime are filler. To date, the best opening has been episode 71's with Sasuke swinging through the forest and avoiding Temari's traps just before the Hokage fight really began. It was brilliantly animated.

Then next episode we got Temari vs. Sasuke. Another awesome filler.

Oh, and wasn't some of the fight in the Forest of Death filler? That hole arc was great.

Well, basically all the Sasuke filler is good. I could do without the rest.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:29   Link #32
LeafNinja

I would agree with you on this episode, hearing Sasuke's screams of agony were brutal.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:37   Link #33
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Some of my favorite parts of this anime are filler. To date, the best opening has been episode 71's with Sasuke swinging through the forest and avoiding Temari's traps just before the Hokage fight really began. It was brilliantly animated.

Then next episode we got Temari vs. Sasuke. Another awesome filler.

Oh, and wasn't some of the fight in the Forest of Death filler? That hole arc was great.

Well, basically all the Sasuke filler is good. I could do without the rest.
That filler fight was crap if you ask me, for no reason other than to drag out the story. I've seen one too many kawarimi to think it's cool anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
After seeing the episode, there is no way you could get that horrifying emotion of Sasuke getting his ass beaten in the manga. It was sad to say the least, poor sasuke. When I saw this in the manga, I wasn't in the least worried about him.
Then speak for yourself, it got to me in the manga just as much as it did in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
There was no screams of agony in the manga for one, but also there was no sound effects or the sad music to go with it. This is by far one of the good examples as to why the anime is better at telling the story than the manga.
Unless I'm mistaking (and I doubt it) there were of course screams of agony in the manga. Though of course you had to read them instead of hearing them. The music really didn't add much. Maybe if they had used some new original music, which I think would have been completely justified because
Spoiler:

To say that the anime is better than the manga is to me an insult to the author. At least in the case of Naruto.
Old 2004-05-26, 18:37   Link #34
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
I would agree with you on this episode, hearing Sasuke's screams of agony were brutal.
they were like sweet mint on a saturday-night

edit>>
Quote:
To say that the anime is better than the manga is to me an insult to the author. At least in the case of Naruto.
whenever somebody says that something "is" better or worse or whatever, they mean to say they find it better. nobody can truly determine what is better: it's just taste. if much people agree on if it's better or not, you can kind of say it is or isn't, but if they don't, you can't. If he sais it is, he thinks it is, and if he thinks it is, let him. he has the right to. and it would just be annoying to constantly repeat "I think that" instead of "it is", because (to me) it feels so weird to say. I just prefer saying "it is better" meaning that I think it is.

for all the dyslexic whiners out there: if you didn't understand the post, just read it through thoroughfully again and you will, sooner or later. it does make sense.
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:44   Link #35
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

oops srry double-post
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:52   Link #36
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
It shouldn't insult you in the least, because when the author draws his manga, he has the scenes planned out in his head, and the reason why he draws the symbols in the manga for the sound effects or screams is because he can imagine how it would be like. "reading" a scream has never been too affecting to me, this comes from someone who has immense respect for text games like final fantasy 6 and other mangas. You can't convince anyone that a scream in a manga is more convincing than a real scream. That's what seperates the boundaries of imagination and having the actual scene played out for you in full color. You can't tell me you scrounged up a tear when Haku died. But I can tell you that almost everyone that has seen the anime episodes of haku dying has done so.

Edit: In case anyone wants to argue with me, here's my argument - "The anime has more emotion than the manga".
Old 2004-05-26, 19:09   Link #37
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Very good episode indeed, the only annoying thing was the 1min filler at the end.

Spoiler:

And yeah I was surprised too by the deep and rough voice of Shizune.

Btw Akamaru, I just take a look at your sig, and Sannin means three ninjas not three people, the kanji nin is here the chinese reading onyomi of shinobi, it's the same nin used in ninja.

That's the same for the Ninja ranks :
Jounin = jou (onyomi of ue which means above) + nin
Chuunin = chuu (onyomi of naka which means middle) + nin
Genin = ge (onyomi of shita which means under) + nin
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:15   Link #38
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Very good episode indeed, the only annoying thing was the 1min filler at the end.

Spoiler:

And yeah I was surprised too by the deep and rough voice of Shizune.

Btw Akamaru, I just take a look at your sig, and Sannin means three ninjas not three people, the kanji nin is here the chinese reading onyomi of shinobi, it's the same nin used in ninja.

That's the same for the Ninja ranks :
Jounin = jou (onyomi of ue which means above) + nin
Chuunin = chuu (onyomi of naka which means middle) + nin
Genin = ge (onyomi of shita which means under) + nin
I think people often mistake Sannin for a full translation of "Three Legendary Ninjas", when in fact it just means three ninjas. San = 3, Nin = ninja, but yeah good post.
Old 2004-05-26, 19:58   Link #39
Ero-Sennin

Nooo!! Where did Tsunade's adorable voice go!?!?! Maybe I'll get used to her childish voice
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:21   Link #40
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
i always pictured her as having a... more.. womanly voice.. but oh well...