AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-09-26, 04:25   Link #1
Zooasaurus

Light Novel or Manga with OP MC

As the title says, i'm looking for LN or manga with overpowered mcs. Preferably the ones that keep a low profile, but anything is good

What i've read so far:
Overlord
Mahouka
Death March
Ultimate Antihero
Isekai Maou

Thanks in advance
Zooasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 09:35   Link #2
larethian

Surprised that you don't have Sword Art Online in your list.

You can try Tenkyou no Alderamin which has a protag who's a military prodigy (only in brains not in brawn). However, the MC has a nemesis who's just as OP so he can't steamroll all the battles.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 15:53   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

One Punch man?
Old 2016-09-26, 19:22   Link #4
Zooasaurus

I never consider Kirito as op nor Tenkyou's mc, but i've read them both

I find OPM pretty boring since it revolves around its side and other characters rather than the mc
Old 2016-09-27, 05:23   Link #5
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If a OP right-hand man/woman counts, then there is also Kingdom (only introduced after first arc). The MC is shounenish~ish strong, but not OP

Ubel Blatt maybe? Like OP MC but low stamina/endurance if that counts.

Oh one sure fit, Murcielago
Old 2016-09-27, 09:23   Link #6
tigerdragon2

This is one of most enjoyable fantasy novels out there.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/emperors-domination/

Rating(4.5 / 5.0, 533 votes)
5 76% (405 votes)
4 10% (54 votes)
3 5% (27 votes)
2 4% (19 votes)
1 5% (28 votes)

One million years ago, Li Qiye planted a simple water bamboo into the ground.

Eight hundred thousand years ago, Li Qiye had a koi fish pet.

Five hundred thousand years ago, Li Qiye took care of a little girl.

In the present day, Li Qiye woke up from his slumber; the water bamboo reached the apex of cultivation; the koi fish became a Golden Dragon; the little girl became the Nine Worlds’ Immortal Emperor.
tigerdragon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 03:51   Link #7
Zooasaurus

Oh, yeah, i've also read Yuragi sou no yuuna san and Mondaiji Tachi
Old 2016-10-01, 02:51   Link #8
jedinat

Check out some online translated xianxia novels like Against the Gods and Tales of Demons and Gods.... (and presumably like the one listed two posts above)

They're basically ENTIRELY about the hero being underestimated over and over and over again, and then everyone being shocked and awed by the hero. Been reading the former recently and it's kind of hilarious how much of an asshole the main character is. "If you are good to me I'll pay it back 10 times, if you offend me I'll pay it back 100 times." What he does to this poor sucker and his entire family only because an opponent acts like any 2-bit villain might...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 21:52   Link #9
FrejaOne

No low profile there but Red Sprite, Jump's new shounen manga. The dude's pretty much pulling a Lelouch relying on his OP magical fighting ability alone. Okay, he isn't in it alone, but still.
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 22:22   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Fist of the North Star?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 19:27   Link #11
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Only just started but Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody might work. A 30-year-old programmer just finished making adjustments to an RPG's program and adding a beginner's failsafe that kills all enemies on a map up to 3 times to a war game before going to sleep. He suddenly finds himself in a world that's like a combination of the two games, and finds himself on a map with a gigantic army of high-level elite soldiers who apparently consider him an enemy, and he's at level 1 and doesn't have anything better than a wallet and cell in his inventory. In panic he uses all three of the failsafe spells, bringing down a torrent of meteorites that kills the entire high-level and high-EXP army, instantly raising him from level 1 to level 310. As a result, just about everything he faces after that is about as tough as a wet noodle. He also picks up skills and titles with pathetic ease; just by trying to keep a straight face he gains "poker face" skills, and trying to talk his way out of a bad situation gives him skills in fabrication and manipulation, and these skills require very few points to increase. He repeatedly comments on this world being "easy mode" for him, to a point of absurdity. In fact, it seems his biggest problem is trying to keep people from finding out just how strong he is (since it would after all be like finding out you have a nuke in your suitcase).

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2017-02-09 at 10:13.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote