Old 2009-02-05, 09:05   Link #10721
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It looks pretty bad for a 1/100, not that detailed at all
Old 2009-02-05, 09:22   Link #10722
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The pinnacle of 1/100 scale was at the relase of Overflag and Tieren kits with the details and those tiny figures you can make actually make a diorama with.

Why the sudden fall from grace, Bandai ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 09:31   Link #10723
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
what i can think of : Cut cost?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 09:33   Link #10724
cupcakes4chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Will begin OOB Build tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Revolution View Post
I only have HG OO ( dun have O Riser yet ) so I took a look at it and realize :
the hole to connect the O riser's wing part to OO's shoulder and the hole to connect the shield to OO's arm have different sizes , the shoulder ones far bigger than the arm ones and has different shape too ( not like 1/100 ) , so I think maybe it cant connect ( without modding ) like the 1/100
Hey, when you're done building it, can you do me a favor and confirm if the 0 raiser's "wings" can attach to 00 gundam's arms and whether or not the sensor unit or "middle" part of the 0 raiser can be attached in the opposite position. Basically, all I'm asking is that can it do what the 1/100 00 raiser did in the picture i posted a page or 2 ago. thanks.
cupcakes4chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 09:44   Link #10725
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris View Post
Hey, when you're done building it, can you do me a favor and confirm if the 0 raiser's "wings" can attach to 00 gundam's arms and whether or not the sensor unit or "middle" part of the 0 raiser can be attached in the opposite position. Basically, all I'm asking is that can it do what the 1/100 00 raiser did in the picture i posted a page or 2 ago. thanks.
It will take me till Saturday's night to complete everything. (Aiming for 1 kit per night here), so I'll try to get back to ya around this weekend.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 10:06   Link #10726
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
Finally got my two orders in:

Started spraying last night came out pretty good for my first try.

Gotta spray the blue and Red and then do some panel lining and put it all together. I'm thinking that ill paint the nubs after its assembled
what you guys think?
Old 2009-02-05, 10:11   Link #10727
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

This is my first picture post for this thread, I'll post my models on display. I'll start with my new Archer-chan, she's great for tip-toeing cute poses:
Spoiler:
Archan joins the rest of my SRW team on a dusty shelf terrain:
Spoiler:
Turn A and Astivalis Akito:
Spoiler:
The Black Sarena, which I did not unpack:
Spoiler:
This one is a spoiler for FMP fans:
Spoiler:
The Twin Birds of SRW:
Spoiler:
That's all for now, I have some others which I hid somewhere and have been on overhaul ever since.

Then alot more which were scrapped around a decade or less ago, after I organised a Gundam Fight. The tournament lasted for several days or weeks I forgot, The G Gundam master and disciple team trashed the Wing boys and eventually the finals was God Gundam Vs EVA team. There was once EVA-01 tried to Positron snipe God Gundam, but God Dash destroyed the rifle.

In the midst of the tournament, there were body parts like a pair of Atomic Scissors, lots of V-fins and broken scythes all over the place, G Gundam dismantled the EVAs but itself lost some limbs.

After that I never organised another Gundam Fight anymore.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 10:13   Link #10728
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
Where u live so i can steal your GGG Genesis? lol I want one of those so bad
Old 2009-02-05, 10:20   Link #10729
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
Where u live so i can steal your GGG Genesis? lol I want one of those so bad
Singapore lol

There are still a handful of Genesic for sale in shops here. If I'm actually rich, I may even buy Gaogaigar, Star Gaogaigar and Gaofaigar.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 10:44   Link #10730
cupcakes4chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It will take me till Saturday's night to complete everything. (Aiming for 1 kit per night here), so I'll try to get back to ya around this weekend.
Thanks =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
Finally got my two orders in:

Started spraying last night came out pretty good for my first try.

Gotta spray the blue and Red and then do some panel lining and put it all together. I'm thinking that ill paint the nubs after its assembled
what you guys think?
what brand of sprays did you use?
I've never spray painted before, but if I ever got into it, I think i'd spray everything after they're off the runners and all nubs have been sanded down.
Old 2009-02-05, 11:18   Link #10731
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Tamiya Paint
Well if anything the reason why I was saying to fix the nubs after assemble would be because I would just paint over the nubs with a brush.
Old 2009-02-05, 11:36   Link #10732
cupcakes4chris

Upon my request...

XOO-S-GUNDAM
Old 2009-02-05, 11:41   Link #10733
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

lol thats sick I like the black and white one better though :-) I'm going to try and pick up a SD 00 or Exia or Exia 1/100 and I plan on painting it black and white like this one:
Old 2009-02-05, 11:51   Link #10734
ryanvamp

So, in general, which of these guys are the winners in terms of accuracy, details, accesories and articulation ?

1/100 Cherudim vs 1/144 Cherudim
1/100 00 vs 1/144 00

Seravee is looking good in 1/100, but I guess we'll have to see when anyone of us gets it.

Btw, is the consensus unanimous about the Arios 1/100 sucking compared to 1/144 even though nobody actually has it yet ? Apart from the GN Archer gimmick and the waist joint missing on the newer model, the pics didn't look THAT bad to me. Then again, I'm a newbie.
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 11:53   Link #10735
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

I hear the 1/144 00 is better as far as poses and the 1/100 00 has more stuff (weapons). Me Personally ill probally end up buying the 1/144 and SD versions.
Arios does look a bit plain but meh ill probally get it 1/100 of course.
I can't decide on weither to get Seravee or Virtue >_<

I'm a n00b only cause I only have 1 model and 2 WIP
Old 2009-02-05, 13:06   Link #10736
cupcakes4chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvamp View Post
So, in general, which of these guys are the winners in terms of accuracy, details, accesories and articulation ?

1/100 00 vs 1/144 00

Seravee is looking good in 1/100, but I guess we'll have to see when anyone of us gets it.

Btw, is the consensus unanimous about the Arios 1/100 sucking compared to 1/144 even though nobody actually has it yet ? Apart from the GN Archer gimmick and the waist joint missing on the newer model, the pics didn't look THAT bad to me. Then again, I'm a newbie.
If I were you, I'd wait for the hg 00 raiser..it's molded in a lighter color scheme (much cooler than the normal one IMO)
Old 2009-02-05, 13:16   Link #10737
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvamp View Post

1/100 00 vs 1/144 00
In terms of accuracy and detail, the 1/100's are more accurate to the original lineart (which themselves don't have much detail in them). 1/100's and 1/144's are more or less equal in accessories - while the 1/100 00 Gundam does have the GN Shield and combining GN Swords unlike the 1/144, the 1/144 compensates by having said accessories in the O-Raiser, which also comes along with its own display stand. The only unique thing the 1/100 00 has over the 1/144 is the GN Drive lighting unit, which seems to be compatible with all the other 1/100 S2 Gundams. The Cherudim is more or less similar in this aspect on both scales, though the 1/100 has the advantage of having "filled out" GN Shield Bits and an actual jointed GN Sniper Rifle.

HG 1/144 wins hands down in articulation, due to not having the same weight limits that the 1/100 has.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 13:54   Link #10738
Ypocaramel

Most Gundam 00 S2 releases are in 1/144 (especially the grunts) so they're probably better for diorama build unless Bandai finally releases more 1/100s. My 1/100 00 Gundam is very sturdy and tough, something that might not be true with the 1/144 (but this is speculation).
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 14:10   Link #10739
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While I don't have the 1/100, I do have the 1/144 HG 00 Gundam, and trust me it's one very tough and sturdy kit. The only real weak spot is in holding the GN Sword II's in rifle form, but otherwise the kit is extremely solid, being able to hold and maintain incredibly difficult poses, and doesn't fall apart at the slightest touch.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 14:10   Link #10740
ryanvamp

Thanks for all the answers like always, guys.

Regarding 00, I think that the best thing I could do is indeed wait for the HG 0 Raiser version, which I don't know when it'll come out but I'm in no hurry.

Regarding Cherudim, for the answers of LoweGear, I think 1/100 is the way to go.

So only Arios and Seravee are missing, but then again, they are kinda new (Seravee didn't come out yet, I believe?), so I'm sure the subject is far from over till any of us actually orders them and post their opinions. I hope Arios 1/100 isn't as bad as it seems right now, cause I was really looking forward to it.
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy