AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-05, 05:11   Link #201
trademark
Likes to go to buffets

Can somebody post update spoilers about stuff that's different in the manga than in the anime as the anime goes on. I'm curious myself and I don't really want to read the manga after already starting the anime.
trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 07:32   Link #202
gohan11

The manga doesn't have Winner in it and some of the other events in the anime are slightly different in the manga. As the anime proceeds there might be even further changes though. The manga is only up to volume 8 and things move pretty fast, so they might have just added all the Winner stuff to make up for it.

Also is it me or is Winner's voice like nails down a chalkboard, I feel like covering my ears whenever he speaks.
gohan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:26   Link #203
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Winner's voice seems to be a nearly universal complaint... makes me wonder how the japanese broadcast viewers are taking him. I don't have a lot of problem with his *character* and its impact on the story ... but it is kind of hard to believe they intentionally chose that voice.
Old 2006-02-05, 14:33   Link #204
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Winner's voice seems to be a nearly universal complaint... makes me wonder how the japanese broadcast viewers are taking him.
They don't seem to have any complaints whatsoever.

A show whose primary target are otakus and broadcast at 02:00 a.m. when nobody else is watching, except for otakus.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:39   Link #205
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Actually it airs at midnight. Still pretty late, but not as bad as 2am.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 15:13   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
They don't seem to have any complaints whatsoever.

A show whose primary target are otakus and broadcast at 02:00 a.m. when nobody else is watching, except for otakus.
okay.. I'm not sure why that was relevant.... I was wondering about how the japanese target audience was taking the character and you're in Mexico. Do you frequent the forums or message boards in Japan...?

And as I'll always say when people seem to think only night-owls watch a show broadcast after midnight, ever heard of DVRs or VCRs?

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-02-05 at 15:24.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 18:33   Link #207
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
And as I'll always say when people seem to think only night-owls watch a show broadcast after midnight, ever heard of DVRs or VCRs?
That's exactly what I think, too. But some people either don't like using it or, as kj1980 replied to me once in another thread, people who program timers to watch a show later are the "fans" (not necessarily hardcore otakus) of that series. "Normal" people (as in "non-fans") don't bother recording and, therefore, watching it live because they're not too keen to watch it.

It still doesn't make sense to me, though... I always program timers for late-night shows because I don't want to sacrifice my precious sleep hours.
Old 2006-02-06, 12:24   Link #208
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Uhm.. I have watched episode 12. If there was a poll, it were a 6,5/10.
While undoubtfully interesting, since it very likely brought a step ahead in the plot, I overall find it less enjoyable than the previous ones.

Spoiler for episode 12:
Old 2006-02-06, 15:39   Link #209
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
That's exactly what I think, too. But some people either don't like using it or, as kj1980 replied to me once in another thread, people who program timers to watch a show later are the "fans" (not necessarily hardcore otakus) of that series. "Normal" people (as in "non-fans") don't bother recording and, therefore, watching it live because they're not too keen to watch it.

It still doesn't make sense to me, though... I always program timers for late-night shows because I don't want to sacrifice my precious sleep hours.
I'm surrounded by "mundanes" (non-anime folk) in my life and work who *rarely* watch a show when it is aired anymore. They all have Tivo or use their VCR so they can watch television on their own schedule rather than when "the Tube" demands they sit. I think live broadcast sporting events are about all they'll tolerate adjusting their schedule for. I correspond with a few people in Japan who do the same -- they rarely watch tv "live" anymore. Granted, thats not a survey but it looks like the "normal" people are starting to catch on to timeshifting their viewing habits.
Old 2006-02-06, 17:05   Link #210
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is how I liked the turn of happenings for episode twelve.

Even though Winner's vampire hunter patrol routine was somewhat unsavory, it pulled out a good laugh out on me.

Episode 12 returns on track with the manga, borrowing some chains of events from chapters 13-15, but it drew most plot from the manga chapter 15.
Spoiler:

Anyways, the episode ended with a solid cliffhanger. Seems that the anime staff are going to focus on the background story of Karin's mystery nature, unlike the manga where the author is inclined to narrate Karin's discovery voyage of her feelings toward Kenta.

The title for episode thirteen hints at that: "Awakening is embarrassing."

That could likely mean that Karin will gradually mature into her real vampire nature, and thus bringing strain and hardships to both she and Kenta to deal with it for future episodes.
Old 2006-02-06, 17:35   Link #211
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Anyways, the episode ended with a solid cliffhanger. Seems that the anime staff are going to focus on the background story of Karin's mystery nature, unlike the manga where the author is inclined to narrate Karin's discovery voyage of her feelings toward Kenta.
I hope not, actually.. I would prefere the other (romantic) way. Or alternatively they could do both things.
So I guess that is because I didn't read the manga, that I found this episode a bit out of the usual Karin's outlines, thanks Guido for the infos

Ah, and by the way Guido, since there's that scene in your avatar you love so much, I had prepared a gif you may eventually want to use as avatar.

It's your, if you want, either way, it's here and freebie ^^
Old 2006-02-06, 18:37   Link #212
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thanks a lot Pellisier. I'll be using that avatar. Thank you, very much.

By the way, I have serious doubts about the tastes of vampire's on human blood.

Fumio-san is being targeted by Ren, because she's building stress that he likes, however, Karin's reacting severely because of Fumio's overwhelming sadness aura.

How can vampires distinguish 'unhappiness' from 'stress'?

It looks the same all to me.

By the way, I have listened to the Karin OST that includes plus four original CD dramas.

Unfortunately, it lacks that psychotic tune played whenever Karin blood reacts and begins to build up.
The one song that has that mystery UFO vibe in it.
Old 2006-02-06, 21:13   Link #213
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Yipes. Episode 12 = AMAZING. Cliffhanger!

Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Episode 13 ought to be really interesting.

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-02-06 at 22:07.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 21:19   Link #214
misakichii

hmm....i just finished watching ep 11 right now and it was okay. i mean i probably would have like it more if something somewhat like that was to happen between usui & karin and not winner & karin. well i'm quite shock of how little the part usui play in this ep. i really wish something good or intense will just happen between usui and karin. well i'm downloading ep 12 right now and am really looking forward to it since it seems like ren is after usui's mom.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 21:21   Link #215
misakichii

oh and one more thing...have anyone thought about the possibilities of the ending? it's hard for me to come up with one with the story going nowhere.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 22:34   Link #216
Genesisbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Yipes. Episode 12 = AMAZING. Cliffhanger!

Ya it was quite a site a minute ago... you should have seen it... my entire head exploded at the end of the episode!

To think i have to wait a week! Halfway point of the series I want to know whats gona happen!
Genesisbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 01:31   Link #217
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Just saw Ep 12. Will she or won't she? Guess I have to wait until ep 13 to find out. And Karin's imagination of Ren attacking Kenta and then her reaction to her own thoughts was too funny.

Now a trivial question for someone who understands Japanese terms and honorifics. Karin refers to Ren as onii-chan whereas Anju calls him Ren nii-san. I think that -san is more formal than -chan, correct? Do onii- and nii- have slightly different meanings too?
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 02:07   Link #218
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrivo
Now a trivial question for someone who understands Japanese terms and honorifics. Karin refers to Ren as onii-chan whereas Anju calls him Ren nii-san. I think that -san is more formal than -chan, correct? Do onii- and nii- have slightly different meanings too?
No, the o is just an honourific.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 03:02   Link #219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I would interpret the way Karin and Anju address Ren as =
Karin looks up to him as an honored endearing older brother, whereas
prodigy Anju views him as technically an older brother but an equal in other respects.

heh... go go Anju
Old 2006-02-07, 10:56   Link #220
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Episode 12...

OMG I can't believe they ended it there!! BITCH!

...lol

This was an enjoyable ep but there was a bit too much male-aimed fanservice for my taste. -_- And for a while, Karin didn't seem like a fanservicey show at all, a.ka. no nudity or pantsu shots or even much cleavage (save the famous swimsuit ep) which is why I liked it more than others. But damn...
Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, shounen