AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-02, 00:12   Link #441
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I don't exactly fully understand what you're saying here. If the character designs of the anime are different than the game's, then in what way are they consistent? It's pretty obvious that the game's style is more mature-looking, "harder" and sharper than the relatively cutesy style of the anime version.

Are you talking about consistent quality, or are you comparing the drawing style of game to what is used in the anime?
Oh! ^^; about the Consistent animation/art I was referring to the Stuido's in Charge of Tsuyokiss animation ( Studio Hibari, Trinet Entertainment ) Right now they are Currently working on Yoshinaga-san chi no Gargoyle. The animation and Character designs in Yoshinaga-san chi no Gargoyle have been simple yet consistent, so If nothing else, the show wont mess up the charaters faces all the time. And In my last line I was just comparing the game designs for Tsuyokiss to the anime version.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 12:31   Link #442
Mentar
Banned

I disagree about the generic-ness of Leo. If you mean the character design - fine, you've got a point. The key here is that it's a mantra of bishoujo games to go with a 08/15-design which should come fairly close to as many game players as possible, to support the "immersion". Whatever :P

When it comes to personality however, nope, he's not the typical harem lead. And Tsuyokisu isn't quite the typical harem game in this aspect either. Usually, the male lead is wimpy, clueless and swarmed by pretty girls who more or less do nothing but squeal "pick me, pick me", and yet unable to make a pick.

Leo, on the other hand, has a spine. In the game, you eventually get to pick a "direction", and from this point on, till the end of the game, he actually works/fights for his relationship. HE has to try to convince the girl, not the other way round. And when it comes to perseverance (especially in the Hime path ^_^), he's admirable, since pretty much no girl is a pushover. I definitely prefer this setup to the normal "fend off the others till you auto-score your girl" one.

That's what I'm most curious about: In the game, there is fairly little "competition" between the girls, with only very few exceptions, no matter which girl you go for. I wonder how they will weave together their seperate stories. Or - maybe - they'll simply go with an original ending? After all, I don't know the Nao path, not owning a PS2?

Still looking forward to it ... and whoever disses the anime only because the designs are younger, "simplified" versions of the mature game designs, can go to hell.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 14:14   Link #443
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
When it comes to personality however, nope, he's not the typical harem lead. And Tsuyokisu isn't quite the typical harem game in this aspect either. Usually, the male lead is wimpy, clueless and swarmed by pretty girls who more or less do nothing but squeal "pick me, pick me", and yet unable to make a pick.
The fact is the typical bishoujo game harem lead isn't like that anymore. Sure if you just play yaruge or other basic games you'll get such a lead, but to say he is the only one that stands out from the crowd is a bit... plus for a game like Tsuyokisu to work, he'd have to be more assertive anyways.
Old 2006-06-02, 14:50   Link #444
NeoSam

The site for Muteki Kanban Musume has opened:
http://www.onimaruhanten.com/

Based on a shounen manga.

It already got mentioned, in these posts:
Post 1
Post 2
Old 2006-06-06, 14:08   Link #445
NeoSam

An anime that got recently announced: (a new form of media)

Read this first:
From Manganews:

Quote:
New Form of Anime: Ga-nime: Toei Animation and Gentosha recently announced “Ga-nime” (art anime), a new form of media that will display static art/drawings one by one, accompanied by music and speech. The first “Ga-nime” DVD will be released on August 1st, 9 other Ga-nime series will soon follow, each costing 3,129 yen. [ Full Story ]
The first DVD will be released on 1/8/2006 (August 1st, 2006)

The first DVD will be based on a novel called Joseito:

女生徒
Joseito

Based on a novel.

Author: Dazai Osamu (太宰治)

Site for the first DVD (about Joseito): http://www.ganime.jp/05.html
Old 2006-06-06, 18:27   Link #446
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
News from Sunrise, a new mecha anime that will have a great deal of people wating anxiously for it to air...

Code Geass Rebellion of Lelouch

Director: Taniguchi Goro
Series Editor: Okouchi Ichirou
Original Character Design: CLAMP
Character Design: Kimura Takahiro
Original Mecha Design: Akiman
Production: Sunrise

Scans...
1 2 3

Judging from the staff, this series looks to have something for everyone. :>

Thanks to my friend Mikedude for telling me about this. ^_^
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 22:45   Link #447
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
News from Sunrise, a new mecha anime that will have a great deal of people wating anxiously for it to air...

Scans...
1 2 3

Wow, that mecha actually looks pretty cool. And right when I was about to say the character designs look like Tsubasa, I see that CLAMP is doing them. This seems like it'll be pretty interesting.
Old 2006-06-06, 22:54   Link #448
Sakuya
*Artist

Wow, CLAMP is doing the character designs, when has that happened before? The design is very nice, very X-ish! Did CLAMP revert back to their old style before the long people? I love this design, looks very nice. Too bad it's a mecha series (no offense).
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 23:35   Link #449
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame

Scans...
1 2 3

Whoa, Goro returns to Sunrise! Damn that's a dream team creative staff if ever I've seen one. Color me incredibly excited.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 05:27   Link #450
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
An anime that got recently announced: (a new form of media)

Read this first:
From Manganews:

The first DVD will be released on 1/8/2006 (August 1st, 2006)

The first DVD will be based on a novel called Joseito:

女生徒
Joseito

Based on a novel.

Author: Dazai Osamu (太宰治)

Site for the first DVD (about Joseito): http://www.ganime.jp/05.html
This is going to be interesting, at the least.

Osamu Dazai was among the best post-war Japanese writers. His most popular book was The Setting Sun; it was a great read, but like most, if not all great Japanese writers, it was depressing. He also wrote No Longer Human, but it isn't as great as The Setting Sun according to many critics. Oh, and by the way, he killed himself, just like Ryonusuke Akutagawa, Yukio Mishima, and Yasunari Kawabata. *sigh*

Of course, like those authors, it was disturbing in the least. With that as a starting block, definitely only ugly stupidity can remove a great source like that from deification. *hopes for a masterpiece*
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 07:11   Link #451
andromeda0201

it doesn't matter whether its mecha, I like the character designs! ^^
this is really an interesting year for anime
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 07:53   Link #452
DaFool
Resident devil

I really like the concept of ga-nime...this is exactly what visual novels are supposed to be like. In fact the only difference I see between them is visual novels rely on text whereas ga-nime relies on speech narration, and I suppose the number of static drawings should be more for ga-nime.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 07:57   Link #453
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I like the source of the anime: melding it with a vanguard method makes it among the should-watch of 2006. You don't take material from a genius and make it shit; you make it coruscate with brilliance.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 16:36   Link #454
NeoSam

TsuyoKiss anime is going to be called: Tsuyokiss Cool×Sweet

A site for RED GARDEN anime has opened:
http://redgarden.jp/

And more anime got announced:

1 anime based on a seinen(young men's) light novel.
2 anime based on seinen(young men's) manga.

=====

護くんに女神の祝福を!
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!

Broadcast: Autumn 2006

Based on a light novel thats published under the seinen(young men's) light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen

Dengeki Bunko: light novel label thats aimed at young men.

=====

働きマン
Hataraki Man

Broadcast: Autumn 2006

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Morning.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Site of the manga:
http://e-morning.jp/manga/hataraki.html

First chapter of the manga has been scanlated by Entropy group: Manganews.

=====

蒼天の拳
Souten no Ken

In english its called: Fist Of The Blue Sky

Broadcast: 2006

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Bunch.
For now there are 14 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Mangaka: Hara Tetsuo

This is the mangaka's official site:
http://www.haratetsuo.com/

=====

サスペリア
SUSPIRIA

Animation production: GONZO

=====
Old 2006-06-08, 00:48   Link #455
NeoSam

And more info about the anime that just got announced:

==========

護くんに女神の祝福を!
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Yushimura Mamoru is a high school student who goes to the attached school of Tokyo Beatrice University. He is looking for to studying the next generatrion enregry, Beatrice Energy. On the very first day, on his way to school, he is fascinated with a very beautiful girl. Her name is Takasu Junko. Suddenly, she orders him to go out with her.
Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

==========

働きマン
Hataraki Man

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
This is one-shot stories of working people drawn from the viewpoint of Matsukata Hiroko, who is a 28-year-old single woman and is an editor of Weekly Magazine, JIDAI.
Genre: Seinen, Drama

==========
Old 2006-06-08, 04:56   Link #456
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Souten no Ken anime... XD

Yet another show that I'm watiing anxiously for in the new season... the manga is just amazing. :>
Old 2006-06-08, 05:13   Link #457
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Is it me, or is the mangaka the same of "Hokuto no Ken"? The drawings and even the manga's name are similar...
Old 2006-06-08, 05:21   Link #458
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
Is it me, or is the mangaka the same of "Hokuto no Ken"? The drawings and even the manga's name are similar...
Souten no Ken is the prequel to Hokuto no Ken, says its Wikipedia entry.
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 07:15   Link #459
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Yes, it's a prequel to Hokuto no Ken. The main character is Kasumi Kenshirou, the great-uncle or somesuch of Hokuto no Ken's Kenshirou. They both look similar and use the martial arts style "Hokuto Shinken," but Souten no Ken takes place in the mid-1920s.

It's a nice contrast to the post-apocalyptic setting of the original series, and with any luck, the anime staff will pull it off well.
Old 2006-06-08, 07:20   Link #460
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam

働きマン
Hataraki Man

From AnimeNfo:

This is one-shot stories of working people drawn from the viewpoint of Matsukata Hiroko, who is a 28-year-old single woman and is an editor of Weekly Magazine, JIDAI.

Genre: Seinen, Drama

==========
Is there a particular reason why it's not josei? Is it because romance is not a core component of the story? I mean it has the least moe-tastic appearance, and dare I say, almost looks like the designs in Nana.

And not that classifications should matter too much, but generally there is some 'grit' or 'grittiness' in serious stories under seinen which I find lacking even in the best of shoujo / josei. Though I know nothing of this title at this point (maybe I should check out the manga), perhaps there is some social commentary or something.

ed...wait a minute, according to manganews its listed under Comedy. Need to actually check it out now to see if it really isn't Drama.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers