AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-30, 14:01   Link #401
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I think it's obvious so far that this will be a more light-hearted take on the situation than any heavy drama. Not that there won't be any serious drama at all, but that it won't be the majority focus of the series.
Of course it's not going to be entirely drama. I am just pointing out that the strength of the series lies in these dramatic moments, not in its painful, unfunny comedy and useless side characters.

Therefore the series would be dramatically improved if it stuck to situational humor (such as the skirt flapping, which was geniunely amusing, and the fight over the bra, which was unfortunately cut out of the anime) and gave the side characters the depth they need by giving them a fair part in the drama.

I know that's not going to happen, no need to try to inform me of that.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:30   Link #402
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Of course it's not going to be entirely drama. I am just pointing out that the strength of the series lies in these dramatic moments, not in its painful, unfunny comedy and useless side characters.
I think you're expecting too much from a show based on the premise where the main faceless character gets hit by a giant phallic spaceship which in turn ends up turning him into a female.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 16:04   Link #403
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Of course it's not going to be entirely drama. I am just pointing out that the strength of the series lies in these dramatic moments, not in its painful, unfunny comedy and useless side characters....
The main comedy in this series is the absolute absurdity of the whole situation. The parents and teacher are funnier in the manga, but they are just decoration. Hazumu's easy acceptance of the situation is completely not realistic, but it helps to keep the show just above the level of seriousness that would make the absurd situation more tragic than funny. I for one don't want Asuka to be treated as more than a hopeless outsider; that would be too complex. The main points, in my opinion, are the sweet romance and the humor of the absurd -- and of course the transgendered yuri. The amazing number of posts and views for this show proves it must be doing something right. How many posts does a topic need to merit its own separate forum?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 16:19   Link #404
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The amazing number of posts and views for this show proves it must be doing something right. How many posts does a topic need to merit its own separate forum?
I was about to suggest it myself, so I have to really agree with this.
The thread in addiction has started to become slightly tough to read, because it's featuring many and many different subjects all in one. Either the moral pattern of the show, either the discussion on the current episode, either the differences from the manga, either how good or bad this or that single element is realized. On this thread, you will most likely never know what you're going to read.
And the number of posts and views, considering we're at .. 2 episodes and an half, is impressing if compared to the other series in fansub section.
Old 2006-01-30, 16:27   Link #405
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I think you're expecting too much from a show based on the premise where the main faceless character gets hit by a giant phallic spaceship which in turn ends up turning him into a female.
I'm not expecting anything. I'm just saying the show would be better without the unfunny filler fluff, not that I think the producers are going to read my post and implement my examples for improvement.

I also don't think it's expecting too much for a show with that premise to actually be amusing.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 16:44   Link #406
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
I was about to suggest it myself, so I have to really agree with this.
The thread in addiction has started to become slightly tough to read, because it's featuring many and many different subjects all in one. Either the moral pattern of the show, either the discussion on the current episode, either the differences from the manga, either how good or bad this or that single element is realized. On this thread, you will most likely never know what you're going to read.
And the number of posts and views, considering we're at .. 2 episodes and an half, is impressing if compared to the other series in fansub section.
I hear that the Suzuka thread reached 98 pages before the board got reset. I'm liking the anime, but I can't see it lined up next to the other "big" names like Naruto, and Bleach. Though 400 posts does seem rather much for 2 episodes, manga discussion or no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
We're more aware of the situation than you are. We'll implement a Bleach board if and only if we feel that it is necessary. In the meantime this thread will only serve to nag so I'm closing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Sorry but we do not make Series Discussion forums on request -- they are only created when we perceive a need for them.
Old 2006-01-30, 16:56   Link #407
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The amazing number of posts and views for this show proves it must be doing something right. How many posts does a topic need to merit its own separate forum?
in fact i send pretty much the same question to NightWish ealier today, and he said that there would proberly come a forum when the forum review (i.e the new guidelines in Fate/stay night forum) is done after choosing if the forum should be geared like 'old' times where everyone could post or a forum where only mods can make threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
i'll like to point towards the thread about Kashimashi ...
Yes, we are aware of it...

However, the forum structure is currently under review and until that is agreed we won't be making new forums. Shouldn't take too long now though~
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 17:02   Link #408
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Does anyone else think the show would be funnier if Hazumu acted like a guy even though he is a girl? I don't really think it's that funny that a guy who pretty much acted like a girl from the get go is transformed into a girl because he's pretty much the same except he looks different. Now if he acted like a regular guy from the start and then changed into a girl it would be much funnier because he'd probably get into all sorts of hilarious situations. Anybody agree with me?
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 17:08   Link #409
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i would on the other hand say that it would kill the show somehow if it was our peeping average joe that got a sexchange and there wouldn't at all be the interaction between him and Yasuna that there is between Yasuna and Hazumu ... they proberly never had met (and never noticed each other)

the story is in some ways there only if the is the sissy feminine boy ... if he wern't then the UFO wouldn't have hit him (well ... true ... it is the author to choose but the whole kickstart would be missing)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 17:12   Link #410
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Avatar
Does anyone else think the show would be funnier if Hazumu acted like a guy even though he is a girl? I don't really think it's that funny that a guy who pretty much acted like a girl from the get go is transformed into a girl because he's pretty much the same except he looks different. Now if he acted like a regular guy from the start and then changed into a girl it would be much funnier because he'd probably get into all sorts of hilarious situations. Anybody agree with me?
This has been done before though, on more than a few occasions. Hence I think some of the reason for my and others interest in the series is that it takes a new direction with an old idea.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 17:18   Link #411
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Quote:
i would on the other hand say that it would kill the show somehow if it was our peeping average joe that got a sexchange and there wouldn't at all be the interaction between him and Yasuna that there is between Yasuna and Hazumu ... they proberly never had met (and never noticed each other)

the story is in some ways there only if the is the sissy feminine boy ... if he wern't then the UFO wouldn't have hit him (well ... true ... it is the author to choose but the whole kickstart would be missing)
Actually:
A) Hazumu doesn't have you be your peeping average joe like Onizuka from GTO. He could be like Ichigo from Bleach who can't stand to be around naked women but who is strong and dependable, or someone like that.
and
B) Hazumu could have just wandered the streets of wherever the hell he lives, dejected after being rejected, and just happened to have been hit by a giant spaceship
Old 2006-01-30, 17:25   Link #412
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
This has been done before though, on more than a few occasions. Hence I think some of the reason for my and others interest in the series is that it takes a new direction with an old idea.
I know it's been done before (Ranma) but I haven't seen these anime myself (feel free to tell me about them) so that's why I feel that Kashimashi would be better if Hazumu acted more like guy.
Old 2006-01-30, 17:42   Link #413
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Quote:
I know it's been done before (Ranma) but I haven't seen these anime myself (feel free to tell me about them) so that's why I feel that Kashimashi would be better if Hazumu acted more like guy.
Hentai
Quote:
Actually:
A) Hazumu doesn't have you be your peeping average joe like Onizuka from GTO. He could be like Ichigo from Bleach who can't stand to be around naked women but who is strong and dependable, or someone like that.
and
B) Hazumu could have just wandered the streets of wherever the hell he lives, dejected after being rejected, and just happened to have been hit by a giant spaceship
I think Hazumu is perfect the way he is (was)
If he was more male (they way you said) the show would outbalance the comedy side and go right into the category of Bonkers. Plus+ you would have a total different opinion oh Hazumu(female) and the way you look at her.

I think the story is good the way it is.
Hazumu is sweet and I like that
Old 2006-01-30, 18:27   Link #414
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Quote:
don't you ever look upwards while climbing some stairs?
Of course, but if you notice Asuta looked disappointed when Tomari pointed this out.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:43   Link #415
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
Of course, but if you notice Asuta looked disappointed when Tomari pointed this out.
I don't...
Old 2006-01-30, 18:49   Link #416
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
Yes, you’re right. He did let out a sigh of disappointment. He was trying to look up her skirt and I think that was the whole comedic point of that scene. On the other hand, he could have been sighing because he wasn't trying to look up her skirt and he was bummed that he was being mislabeled as a pervert.

So that scene could have been interpreted two ways (I think).
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:01   Link #417
sorvani

ok, i like the show so far. but one that that is driving me nuts.. what's up with the NAME....

the cover images i see all LOOK like the character for shi .. but is kasimasi.com the offical website? most of the english sites show it as kashimashi.

how is a semi literate fanboy supposed to figure these things out. anyone know the answer?
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:07   Link #418
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani
how is a semi literate fanboy supposed to figure these things out. anyone know the answer?
It appears to be written both ways and yes, http://kasimasi.com/ is the official site. If you notice between the two spellings the only letter missing is the "h" (twice):

Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~
Kasimasi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~

Maybe it's a matter if dialectic or pronunciation.

Old 2006-01-30, 19:29   Link #419
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
It appears to be written both ways and yes, http://kasimasi.com/ is the official site. If you notice between the two spellings the only letter missing is the "h" (twice):

Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~
Kasimasi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~

Maybe it's a matter if dialectic or pronunciation.
Both "s" and "sh" are accepted romanizations of the hirigana because it is pronounced differently in different dialects.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:33   Link #420
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Both "s" and "sh" are accepted romanizations of the hirigana because it is pronounced differently in different dialects.
Ahh...cool. Thanks for the info.

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri