AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-27, 18:10   Link #301
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
i would also like to know what this promise was (the promise of marriage maybe?)
the promise of hiro comming back soon?
tbh yea its clearly the fault on both sides...nothing is ever soley due to one side...but as mentioned its the timing and method used that is to be critisized...the letter is too cold of a way to put down a relatioship...i think if hiro had a long phone talk with shouko then it could become clear and they will both find it easier to understand the situtation...and maybe even sort out something together...if they are truly in love then why not a long distance relationship? there are other options and you dont just have to pick the one which cuts off all forms of friendliness...i think shouko is angry not at the fact that she split up with him...but the fact that he didnt to fully explain why he did...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 18:24   Link #302
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
the promise of hiro comming back soon?
tbh yea its clearly the fault on both sides...nothing is ever soley due to one side...but as mentioned its the timing and method used that is to be critisized...the letter is too cold of a way to put down a relatioship...i think if hiro had a long phone talk with shouko then it could become clear and they will both find it easier to understand the situtation...and maybe even sort out something together...if they are truly in love then why not a long distance relationship? there are other options and you dont just have to pick the one which cuts off all forms of friendliness...i think shouko is angry not at the fact that she split up with him...but the fact that he didnt to fully explain why he did...
I agree with you with no real explanation (till episode 3) and the feel of be abandoned i dont blame her for being angry. but as angry as she is i still see her love for Hiro coming through when she lets her guard down
Old 2006-10-27, 20:14   Link #303
fiberOptiC
LunarAnime video wizard

We are planning on a HD release. There are wide-screen raws airing about 2 weeks late and we will be releasing those as well. Hope you enjoy.
fiberOptiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 21:14   Link #304
Arnyer
Ferratus

Few unrelated ramblings.

I love it when an anime uses subtlety. This whole concept could've easily been turned into a whacky comedy but they took the higher road and so far the result is great. Asatte is a quiet, realistic sort of humor that works so well.

I think the journey Hiro is going to have to take during this is shedding the matyrdom that he's shouldered. It seems from the content of the letter, ie the bit about Shouko being a student and she shouldn't sacrifice herself for him, is basically him making himself a matyr in the relationship without consulting her. And the bit about how Kareda is a relative's child at the end of episode 3; the first hint we see that Hiro resents taking care of her, even if he wouldn't consciously admit it?

I've seen a couple mentions of Kareda x Hiro and I've gotta say that kind of creeps me out. Maybe in a more whacky/comedic take on the series that'd work. But it's easy to forget that though the transformation turned Kareda into a hottie (to use a technical term) with an impressive bra size, she's still mentally what, 10? 11? She's a long, long way away from being a romantic candidate. It's not about any pro-Shouka or pro-Kareda stance but more that to me, it'd just come off poorly in what is a relatively realistic series.

To me, the ideal ending for this would go something like this.

Spoiler for Ending?:
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 21:20   Link #305
DanielSong39

Well, Karada already has Tetsuya; she clearly thinks of Hiro as her big brother. No nii-san complexes here.

With that said - if the three ever go anywhere, everyone is going to think of Hiro and Karada as being the couple, with Shouko being their child. Wonder how they will handle that.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 22:58   Link #306
dxgarten

Episode 04 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by dxgarten; 2006-10-28 at 00:35.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 23:21   Link #307
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 04:19   Link #308
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgarten View Post
Episode 04 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
haha!! im sure hes as sick minded as most of us

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-10-28, 08:26   Link #309
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
haha!! im sure hes as sick minded as most of us
You make a good point:
Even if.... no, Especially if they don't choose to go down that icky uncomfortable path, it makes excellent material for comedic relief instead.

For example, when you involve the amino's, I can only imagine how they would react with their cute jealousy. (Tetsumasa would propably freak out, but I'd love to see Touko's dialog with chibi-form Shouko)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 09:33   Link #310
martino
makes no files now

Well, they aren't blood related so...
(hell yeah, I've been thinking about that option!)
Old 2006-10-28, 11:01   Link #311
AisuruMirai
箱者

It's nice of you to join us, Lucier. Thank you for translating this wonderful program! Keep up the good work! Of course I'm eagerly looking forward to the widescreen versions.

Spoiler for nothing much:

Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind, possessing and caressing me...
アイスル未来

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-10-29 at 11:23.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 15:47   Link #312
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode three saddens me due that I can sympathise with the burden that both Shouko and Hiro had to endure, however, both they share their spare of the fault though how from Shouko's opinion the guilt more inclines toward Hiro.

Yes, it was harsh and put it too crude for Hiro promising Shouko to return. She waited season after season only for the end to receive a letter instead of him, and read such a cold reply that gave no explanation for the things he had to take care back in Japan.

At the same time, Shouko should just not had kept silence and shut herself all contact from Hiro. She should have chosen to return to Japan at that time, if only to find and snapped at him demanding a thorough explanation for why he left her.

What makes me more miserable is realizing the fact that Karada's against her knowledge is getting involved as a motive for Shouko to misguide her depression, and as a reason for Hiro to justify his actions for what he had to do for her instead of Shouko.

If I were him, I would have contacted Shouko either through phone or e-mail and delicately explained about Karada, next arranged a meeting with Shouko and reconcile what grudges should have risen as understanding that Shouko would have felt deceived for keeping Karada a secret from her, following both agreeing to take care of Karada living with us, and thus finally bring Karada home with us and raising her as if were family.
That would have been the best scenario possible to work out.

But what's done is done. Whatever choice Hiro made he hurt himself since he forced upon himself a tough choice whether to raise Karada or carry on with Shouko.

Would actually Hiro trust Shouko? and would Shouko comes to realize the burden he carried on himself for the two girls most precious to him?

And from the preview, through my understanding I see that Hiro's relunctant to trust Shouko's words that she and Karada change ages, or maybe the encounter was too of a sudden for him.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 16:42   Link #313
JediNight
キズランダム

I think Karada is going to be in for some more rough times when they try explaining the situation to Tetsuya. The Karada he knew is "no more" and now she is much older than him. He loves her very much (in a child-like way still though it seems), so I can see him shouting out stuff he doesn't mean and then running off. Leaving Karada standing there hurt.
Old 2006-10-28, 17:00   Link #314
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Tetsuya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Tetsuya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Amino Tetsuya (the younger brother)

Where is everybody getting the name "Tetsuya" from?
(watching all 4 eps, I havent caught a scene where they even said his full first name yet, so all I have to go by is what the official site says it is. Did I miss it ? )
Old 2006-10-28, 17:30   Link #315
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
You make a good point:
Even if.... no, Especially if they don't choose to go down that icky uncomfortable path, it makes excellent material for comedic relief instead.

For example, when you involve the amino's, I can only imagine how they would react with their cute jealousy. (Tetsumasa would propably freak out, but I'd love to see Touko's dialog with chibi-form Shouko)
please for the love of god dont take the creepy icky brother sister rode i know their not blood related but it still ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. If that happens i going to reform the memebers fromt the Strawberry Panic thread and start fueling that ICBM we didnt get use in that series.

I think any kind of romantic rode with Hiro and Karada would ruin the show but thats just me some sick bastards out there might like to see that diffrent strokes for diffrent folks
Old 2006-10-28, 17:34   Link #316
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
please for the love of god dont take the creepy icky brother sister rode i know their not blood related but it still ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
but that makes the story interesting...but weve already seen things like this thousands of times so if it is going to go down that route i hope they add some twists but atm i have no clue what they can do without going down that route and still keep the series interesting...

Old 2006-10-28, 18:03   Link #317
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
but that makes the story interesting...but weve already seen things like this thousands of times so if it is going to go down that route i hope they add some twists but atm i have no clue what they can do without going down that route and still keep the series interesting...
oh im not saying it wouldnt be intresting and somewhat funny what makes it ewwwwww is shes still a little girl i dont care if she has the body of an adult.

Its just that we've seen this so many times and i would love it if they stayed away from it. To me this is a test of writers talent lets see if they can hold a story together without having to resort to the same old clinches that would end up making Asatte a series that had great potential in something thats just mediocre
Old 2006-10-28, 18:34   Link #318
JediNight
キズランダム

I would like them to avoid it as well, and given the shorter nature of the anime, it probably won't go there. But I think even if they did "go there" -- if it was in a serious and tasteful way, it could still work out very well. Because AFAIK every other time this type of thing happens in an anime its always done in an ecchi/comedic fashion instead.

That said, I really doubt it. They wouldn't put all this emotional investment into Shouko, and to a lesser extent Tetsuya, and then screw them both over and go for the "eww" route.

In the manga, given a longer amount of time to deal with the situation, I can theorize ways they COULD have it eventually shift into a Karada/Hiro relationship, with Shouko being enrolled in a school and "starting over" after some type of closure and coming to terms between her and Hiro. (And still done well without being lame) But they haven't really set up the plot with enough meat to it yet that it could go on very long without getting stale.
Old 2006-10-28, 18:41   Link #319
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
... to a lesser extent Tetsuya,
Not "Tetsumasa"

Quote:
In the manga, given a longer amount of time to deal with the situation,

Manga spoilers?! /closes eyes
Old 2006-10-28, 18:47   Link #320
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Not "Tetsumasa"
i do not know where you got that name from but tetsuya is the name of the boy that likes karada...maybe you mixed up the spelling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by from wiki
Tetsuya Amino
Tetsuya is Karada's classmate and one of her closest friends. Tetsuya is quite tall, joking that he is sometimes mistaken for a high school student. It is implied that he likes Karada - when Karada "went missing" after she became older, he ran all over town to find her.

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural