Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-11, 11:38   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Episode 88 Discussion Thread

Spoiler:

Please do not discuss anything past episode 88, or else you risk a ban. Don't even post future episode titles. Even tags are no defense.
Old 2006-07-11, 12:00   Link #2
Omniscient

Episode 88 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-11, 12:50   Link #3
Hitsugaya_OWNS
Break it Down

it came out already?
Old 2006-07-11, 14:01   Link #4
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsugaya_OWNS
it came out already?
the RAW did.
Old 2006-07-11, 15:05   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What is the highlight for me will be the exchange meeting...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-12, 00:28   Link #6
Ddadain
Autumn winds are good~

XD Looking good so far
Old 2006-07-12, 04:21   Link #7
astrallionheart

Seemed like a total filler, there was very little plot progression, nor the trademark fighting. The only actual progression it seemed occured in the last scene between Ishida and Nemu. The animation for the first half of the episode was also pretty rock bottom. Seems like a "we took a break this week" ep.
Old 2006-07-12, 05:15   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

If some things happen in the next episode or two, I believe Bleach can become great again.
Old 2006-07-12, 09:15   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
it got very boring...dragging-on-the-floor-using-the-face-over-glass-type of boring -__- only good bit in this eps was seeing Nemu

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-12, 09:57   Link #10
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yes, and like you, I love Nemu.
Old 2006-07-12, 10:29   Link #11
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
If some things happen in the next episode or two, I believe Bleach can become great again.
That guy talks like these episodes aren't even canon The story can't move forward? WTF? The Bound arc is a story...

Anyway Physics, I hope you're not gitting your hopes up too high. IMO, Ishida and Nemu aren't exactly on perfect terms, even though Nemu gave him the antidote to Mayuri's poison. I mean Ishida tried to kill her Captain/father... At the least, Nemu will initiate a fight to get it out of her system.

And if you were looking for romance, there was Ishida/Yoshino thing, which might be the closest thing you'll get to a romance considering Bleach's shonen status. Though it is possible, and I hope something happens between those two as well.
Old 2006-07-12, 10:41   Link #12
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I expected that much from the filler-defender. Canon is defined to be a criterion or standard of judgment. The manga is a good canon when judging the anime. The story doesn't move forward because it's roundabout. What, seriously, has changed within the characters? It's simply addition and subtraction, basic operations that Kubo has mastered that has slowly become a chore to watch. With this occurrence, there may be a development long-needed by this slowly degrading and decadent series (so far).

It's a matter of perspective, but I think manga-based episodes are better than anime-original episodes (filler). With some character development to pepper the common stagnation of characters found in a lot of shounen (other than Adachi, I guess), some development between Nemu and Ishida will be very welcome.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:23   Link #13
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I expected that much from the filler-defender. Canon is defined to be a criterion or standard of judgment. The manga is a good canon when judging the anime. The story doesn't move forward because it's roundabout. What, seriously, has changed within the characters? It's simply addition and subtraction, basic operations that Kubo has mastered that has slowly become a chore to watch. With this occurrence, there may be a development long-needed by this slowly degrading and decadent series (so far).

It's a matter of perspective, but I think manga-based episodes are better than anime-original episodes (filler). With some character development to pepper the common stagnation of characters found in a lot of shounen (other than Adachi, I guess), some development between Nemu and Ishida will be very welcome.
Dude, I was making one simple comment before the rest of my post. Why get so hostile? You're saying it like I'm the only one that don't discriminate episodes. If aanyone should be complaining, it's me because you ppl are ruining my experience with this show. No offense.

And plenty could happen in "filler" between manga arcs. Say if a character appeared in the 2nd manga arc with a haircut, in the "filler" they could show that character getting the haircut. As long as there's unexplained events that supposed to have happened when the filler arc is happening, the filler arc can explain them. This is the case for Ichigo's lack of Bankai at the begining of the Modsoul arc(which the manga didn't explain).

You probably think I'm nothing but a filler-hugging animetard, but I just want to watch, discuss, and enjoy each episode equally. You'd be suprised, but I DO like most manga episodes better than the anime episodes. But there are some manga episodes I dislike and some anime episodes I like.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:55   Link #14
Cooldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
That guy talks like these episodes aren't even canon The story can't move forward? WTF? The Bound arc is a story...

Anyway Physics, I hope you're not gitting your hopes up too high. IMO, Ishida and Nemu aren't exactly on perfect terms, even though Nemu gave him the antidote to Mayuri's poison. I mean Ishida tried to kill her Captain/father... At the least, Nemu will initiate a fight to get it out of her system.

And if you were looking for romance, there was Ishida/Yoshino thing, which might be the closest thing you'll get to a romance considering Bleach's shonen status. Though it is possible, and I hope something happens between those two as well.
Yes, Bount arc is a story, but a boring, flawed and poorly contructed story

The episodes nowadays are just dragging on and on without much actually happening, it has the feeling that they're trying to waste as much time as possible just to fill in the 22 minutes. The pacing of each episode is so slow, so un-bleach like that watching paint dry is actually more entertaining.

The animation's quality has declined so much that it makes you think they're saving up their budget for the real stuff. Characters doing out-of-character stuff and saying out-of-character lines, actually feel sorry for the seiyuu who have to put up with some of the lines, well at least they get paid for it.

Some people defend fillers for the sake of being different, but really, whether it's a filler or not, it's a fact that the current arc is crap.

I only watch on due to my loyalty to Bleach, but it doesn't take away the fact that the past 20 episodes have been mostly trash.
Old 2006-07-12, 12:00   Link #15
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Is it just me or can Gesells special abilities only work in the shade of that light? Seems pretty situational. Sounds like he will be just keeping the good guys entertained until they figure out where he is and to stay away from the shade.

Also, I know Matsumoto is well endowed... but come on.. when she got roped, her rack increased to gigantic size... wth... do they plan on having those eyes orbit her chest?

I don't know about the Ishida x Nemu hype. There was some chemistry or at least a level of respect going on in soul society but that was largely the result of the circumstances. She was sent to deliver something and comming from the mad, messed up scientist, it will be something bad. At best she will hold back and allow Ishida to defeat her in order to have an excuse to fail her mission. So even if something might happen given time, I doubt she will end up on all 4's anytime soon.

Silent waters run deep eh... to me it looks more like she is a extremely introverted and submissive "individual" that may or may not have a soul... She was created and raised by a very cruel person after all. I don't know how far she take a relationship even if she wanted to.
Old 2006-07-12, 13:15   Link #16
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
Yes, Bount arc is a story, but a boring, flawed and poorly contructed story

The episodes nowadays are just dragging on and on without much actually happening, it has the feeling that they're trying to waste as much time as possible just to fill in the 22 minutes. The pacing of each episode is so slow, so un-bleach like that watching paint dry is actually more entertaining.

The animation's quality has declined so much that it makes you think they're saving up their budget for the real stuff. Characters doing out-of-character stuff and saying out-of-character lines, actually feel sorry for the seiyuu who have to put up with some of the lines, well at least they get paid for it.

Some people defend fillers for the sake of being different, but really, whether it's a filler or not, it's a fact that the current arc is crap.

I only watch on due to my loyalty to Bleach, but it doesn't take away the fact that the past 20 episodes have been mostly trash.
Now this is some constructive criticism. Though the animation has gotten a lot better recently, and there's a few cool things in this arc.

And no, I'm not one who defends anything for the sake of being different. I just don't understand how normal episodes that so happen to be original to the anime gets almost everyone pissed off, even as far as to try to disrupt the discussions about the episodes. Most of them do it just for the sole fact that the episodes aren't in the manga, which is IMO, flawed logic.

Anyway, I just watched the ep. The Bound with glasses is by far the most annoying... I hope he dies first. They seem to be entering the final battle, so it'll probably happen soon. Another clue is that...
Spoiler:
The scene with Ririn and Ichigo was pretty cute. She's almost like another little sister to him. Renji was a tard in this ep, getting all shook up over the injured kid(though I can understand). Matsumoto is getting cooler in my eyes now that she's using her abilities more often. Overall I think this episode is one of the better episodes in this arc.
Old 2006-07-12, 15:46   Link #17
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

About that Mister Four-Eyes(by Kon-sama ^^') he probably use Shadow to cast "spells". About Ichigo and Urahara I though he was going to say about his "Hollow Side", but nope :<
Old 2006-07-12, 16:22   Link #18
Shunsui

This arc needs more me.

Anyway, dork/total nerd Bounto is definetly the least cool character in the entire running of Bleach. He needs to go jump off a cliff or something. Not only does he have a mehtastic personality, but he's a wuss, even compared to the other Bounto. At least the other ones are in the general area when their dolls are fighting, dork Bounto hides in a little secluded room.
Old 2006-07-12, 17:31   Link #19
Psychoray

"Dork bounto"

LOL!
Old 2006-07-12, 17:43   Link #20
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Dude, I was making one simple comment before the rest of my post. Why get so hostile? You're saying it like I'm the only one that don't discriminate episodes. If aanyone should be complaining, it's me because you ppl are ruining my experience with this show. No offense.
This was hostile.

Quote:
It's not like I said something against you before that. I was simply expressing an opinion, and that wasn't being hostile to you.

Quote:
And plenty could happen in "filler" between manga arcs. Say if a character appeared in the 2nd manga arc with a haircut, in the "filler" they could show that character getting the haircut. As long as there's unexplained events that supposed to have happened when the filler arc is happening, the filler arc can explain them. This is the case for Ichigo's lack of Bankai at the begining of the Modsoul arc(which the manga didn't explain).

You probably think I'm nothing but a filler-hugging animetard, but I just want to watch, discuss, and enjoy each episode equally. You'd be suprised, but I DO like most manga episodes better than the anime episodes. But there are some manga episodes I dislike and some anime episodes I like.
I was aiming for discussion with that take of mine. Must you denigrate it with a sharp comment? I honestly didn't start the hostilities. You did.
Closed Thread