Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-19, 04:29   Link #201
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Like Kira was ever in any danger of losing to Shinn's pair of boomerangs in the first place?
Not that I can remember. (And when we´re in the subject of boomerangs. How many times have Kira used them? I can only remember in his first fight in SEED against Miguel.)

The only time Shinn had any real chance against Kira in a fight was thanks to Impulse being perfect- Since Kira dislikes going after the pilot directly- more so than Shinn´s own skills.

One thing I find interesting is how it was stated in Destiny that the system Impulse uses. With a Core splendor and detachable body parts was the future. Yet Legend and Destiny didn´t have the same ability.

Of course I thank God that Destiny didn´t need 30 Seconds (To Mars) to launch.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2006-08-19 at 04:46.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 04:52   Link #202
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

about destiny's power isn't destiny gundam nuclear powered?also from what i heard sf,ij,destiny and legend use the same source of power.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 04:58   Link #203
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
One thing I find interesting is how it was stated in Destiny that the system Impulse uses. With a Core splendor and detachable body parts was the future. Yet Legend and Destiny didnīt have the same ability.
In Destiny Astray IIRC they stated that the Impulse was a multifunction platform for all types of situation, which was a concept Kaite Madigan opposed since he found it stupid.

Afterwards I believe that they found the whole combining concept both too complicated for the frame, unnecessary and too costly, hence why they dropped the Impulse concept and stuck to a one-piece MS. The last combining MS ever created was, I believe, the Destiny Impulse but afterwards they decided to discard the multi-part system and simplified a lot of things.

Quote:
about destiny's power isn't destiny gundam nuclear powered?also from what i heard sf,ij,destiny and legend use the same source of power.
I think we can safely say that all four are nuclear-powered but their batteries differ. The ZAFTies use batteries with deuterions for higher capacity but it seems they are being drained a little bit too quickly (perhaps due to the pilots' gun-happy tactics).
Old 2006-08-19, 05:04   Link #204
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
In Destiny Astray IIRC they stated that the Impulse was a multifunction platform for all types of situation, which was a concept Kaite Madigan opposed since he found it stupid.

Afterwards I believe that they found the whole combining concept both too complicated for the frame, unnecessary and too costly, hence why they dropped the Impulse concept and stuck to a one-piece MS. The last combining MS ever created was, I believe, the Destiny Impulse but afterwards they decided to discard the multi-part system and simplified a lot of things.

Aah. I hate that you miss out on so much if you donīt follow Astray.

Thanks for the answer though.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 06:51   Link #205
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Just one thing, why did Kira shoot Cagalli with the railguns as he came into the atmosphere?

Also note how Kira seemed to be going on par (if not claiming ownership of him) with Shinn, even without using all of Strike Freedom's weapons. That was a spit in the face for Shinn and all his fans.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 06:58   Link #206
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
Just one thing, why did Kira shoot Cagalli with the railguns as he came into the atmosphere?
He was shooting at Destiny's boomerangs which were heading towards Cagalli. That's what these guys were talking about a few posts above.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 07:00   Link #207
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

edit: nvm.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 09:37   Link #208
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

He shot the boomerangs that were closing on Akatsuki. They were so close to Cagalli that the explosions probably jolted her a little, but he did not fire on Akatsuki. He shot the boomerangs.
Old 2006-08-19, 10:16   Link #209
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
From what I hear (can't take it as gospel, though) all four use the Hyper Deuterion system, but SF/IJ's version of it is superior as it was made for a suit with no place to dock (besides Eternal, they really don't have a home base). Thus, the battery in SF/IJ has a sort of "perpetual energy" thing where it essentially recharges itself, giving it pretty much an infinite power source.

I wish I could remember where I read it from, just so I could be sure on my facts.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 10:24   Link #210
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Also note how Kira seemed to be going on par (if not claiming ownership of him) with Shinn, even without using all of Strike Freedom's weapons. That was a spit in the face for Shinn and all his fans.
Yeah, but Shinn didn't really get the chance to fight in seed mode and it's not like he had all his weapons niether. I think Shinn did pretty good. mean no one is gonna beat Kira without all of there weapons and no seed mode. That just aint about to happen.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 14:29   Link #211
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
And ep 34 was like taking a big, smelly dump all over Kira's fanbase. 42 was payback and you know it.
Old 2006-08-19, 16:05   Link #212
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Even if that was a win for Kira he still needed that gold gundams help.
Actually no, I think Cagalli needed Kira's help. But she backed off anyway. At that time when Akatsuki was fighting Destiny, I was hoping Cagalli would enter SEED mode when the Murasames was sliced apart.

Anyways, Kira still won without any help. (The boomerangs wouldn't even touch Kira, after all, he did use that technique against Miguel.)

Sting needed some more explanations. We do not know his blockword and he "dies" without us knowing more about him.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 16:23   Link #213
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it meant that Shinn didn't have beam sabers anymore.

I think it just goes to show that combining beam boomrangs and sabers was a stupid idea. If you use them as boomrangs, you're basically stuck with the ASSword as your close combat weapon, and it's not really meant for that.

Maybe it'd have been a more viable idea if they'd stuck four or six of them on Destiny. Two aren't enough.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 19:33   Link #214
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
And ep 34 was like taking a big, smelly dump all over Kira's fanbase. 42 was payback and you know it.
Actually...Episode 34 was payback for Shin...Not the other way around. Ep 42 was just putting more distance between kira and shin. In episode 23...Kira just beats down everyone, Shinn, Hemei, Stellar, Rey, and the Blue Haired Extended. Athrun was next^^ And how many times when they started to fight again before 34, did kira just play around with shin. Only reason why Shin was even able to beat kira in freedom was because he had every single advantage almost possible for him. And even when Shin stabbed Kira, Kira still took out Shin's last Gundam Head/ armour. Its almost a tie in a way. Kira won on his plan by immobilzing Shin's Mecha, but shin also impaled Kira. They did what their goals were both at the same time. Only difference is Kira doesnt kill while shin does.
Old 2006-08-19, 19:56   Link #215
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@kira-fanboys i stoped taking you seriously, you guys probably have shrines to kira in your room.

@shinoto is it a tie when one mobile suit is destroyed and the other is just badly damaged?
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 21:17   Link #216
monster

Quote:
@shinoto is it a tie when one mobile suit is destroyed and the other is just badly damaged?
You're right, it's not a tie, Kira wins because he managed to give time for Archangel to escape and he himself survived, while all Shinn did was to destroy Freedom. And as we know, that didn't do much for ZAFT. So Shinn failed in his mission and that's what he realized in phase 42.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 21:19   Link #217
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Off the "Kira beat Shinn in ep. 42" topic, I finally got to see the Final Plus today. Wow, it was a hell of a lot better than the original one...it was way better paced, I actually felt something during the episode, and there was actual closure when everything was said and done rather than some cheesy looking shot of Kira and crew's MS looking invincible. Although Shinn/Rey/Luna/Minerva still get OWNED...was hoping for more of an even match.

I especially liked how Athrun went back and picked up Shinn and Luna, whereas they just somehow get back to PLANT in the original. It was also kinda funny when Kira and Shinn were formally introduced:

Athrun: "He's Kira."

*Shinn and Luna look over, kinda like "hey, what's up dude?"*

Athrun "Kira Yamato...Freedom's pilot."

*Shinn and Luna both go OMGHAX simultaneously while Kira sits there and smiles in his Miami Vice outfit*

And that song Rie Tanaka (or in this case Lacus) sang from the first GS is awesome, I have to get that now...and by the by, I kinda wonder why neither Shinn nor Luna were like "WTF" when they saw Kira and Lacus as a couple (like Meyrin did when she first saw it). Lacus is kinda famous in ZAFT...or infamous if you look at her non-singing activities.

Oh, and Kira's aim looked plenty sharp when they showed that first-person view of him pointing the gun at Gil.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 21:33   Link #218
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
@kira-fanboys i stoped taking you seriously, you guys probably have shrines to kira in your room.
I stopped taking your SEED hating, UC homer ass seriously a long, long, long time ago and I'm sure my Kira shrine is nothing compared to your life size blow up doll of Tomino. Fanboy accusing other people of being fanboys. Oh, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
You're right, it's not a tie, Kira wins because he managed to give time for Archangel to escape and he himself survived, while all Shinn did was to destroy Freedom. And as we know, that didn't do much for ZAFT. So Shinn failed in his mission and that's what he realized in phase 42.
You know I never thought of it that way but it does make sense, Kira did do what he set out to do. But remember he was a little paranoid over the fact that he couldn't fight anymore for a while there. Although that didn't really last

@AlphaDragoon

Glad you like Final Plus. I really think it's a giant step up over the original ending too, and the closure is great.
Old 2006-08-19, 21:35   Link #219
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I like episode 50 over final plus any day.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 22:06   Link #220
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Yeah I think character development sucks too.