AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-12, 15:01   Link #1
hoon
7ON

Super Robot Wars: OG

Pre-ordered mine and picked it up before it became one of those rare Atlus games. It gave me an excuse to play it all over again and it feels weird playing it in English. I'm addicted to this game once again . I'm glad Atlus brought this game over and I'm hoping they'll do a great job with the translation with the upcoming sequel.

Did anyone else pick this game up last week?
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 16:57   Link #2
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon
Pre-ordered mine and picked it up before it became one of those rare Atlus games. It gave me an excuse to play it all over again and it feels weird playing it in English. I'm addicted to this game once again . I'm glad Atlus brought this game over and I'm hoping they'll do a great job with the translation with the upcoming sequel.

Did anyone else pick this game up last week?

what format is it for?
Old 2006-08-12, 17:27   Link #3
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
what format is it for?
If you mean system, it's on GBA. If you like SRPGs, you should definitely pick it up.
Old 2006-08-13, 10:24   Link #4
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

i been looking for it on the net, but i can't find any onlnie shops that sell it, i'm in the UK, and i don't think they got it over hee, the only bet is though some online shop but i can't find it anywhere.
Old 2006-08-13, 18:22   Link #5
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

I got it too^^ Another Rare atlus game I will be able to sell for 70 in several months^^
Amazon

Amazon is selling some for EB. 29.99 + Shipping

Also Yggrda is another Rare Atlus game comming out soon
Not to mention Generation two of Super Robot Taisen OQ comes out in october
Old 2006-08-13, 22:59   Link #6
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i dont like the GBA SRW games. that rat-tat-tat fighitng noises get on my nerves real bad after 30 scenarios or so.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 09:20   Link #7
KBTKaiser

we need more english sales for them to actually attempt a real SRW. >>;

*goes back to playing his copy*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 10:51   Link #8
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

I wish there will be a North-American version of SRW with Transformers and G.I Joe..or what the heck even those stupid lego Exo-Force thing. There are plenty of robots for a NA version...at least that's what I think.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 13:13   Link #9
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
I wish there will be a North-American version of SRW with Transformers and G.I Joe..or what the heck even those stupid lego Exo-Force thing. There are plenty of robots for a NA version...at least that's what I think.

But you forget, US trademark/license rights are anal and will ruthelessly put a stop to your royal rumble....

Besides, last time I picked up a G.I. Joe, he wasn't a robot, and lego are danish....
Old 2006-08-14, 23:17   Link #10
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i dont like the GBA SRW games. that rat-tat-tat fighitng noises get on my nerves real bad after 30 scenarios or so.
I love the GBA SRW games, especially J. J was so awesome with Bonta-kuns. To each his own, I suppose.

Now, only if Atlus decided to bring SRW: OGS for PS2 here. :drools:
Old 2006-08-17, 17:38   Link #11
Poseidal
Knight of Cheome

Quote:
Now, only if Atlus decided to bring SRW: OGS for PS2 here.
I guess the best way for us fans to get that to happen is buy lots of OG and OG2 when they're out.

Though OGs isn't even finished yet for them to bring, I do look forward to that. Well, I'm also looking forward to the Japanese release anyway! XD

Cybaster in PS2 quality; Mmmmmmmm.
Poseidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 18:00   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm really looking forward to SRW OGS but, I don't think I want to listen to dubs of Banpresto originals lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 18:25   Link #13
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

OGS one is out now for the GBA
And OGS 2 will be out for the GBA in October
Old 2006-08-17, 18:31   Link #14
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

OGS is the upcoming PS2 SRW, its not OG and OG2, here's a 10 min trailer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zo2C6AD9u...80GENERATION++

I wouldn't want Atlus to translate and dub OGS though.

Old 2006-08-17, 18:50   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i seriously doubt the PS2 versions will ever be released with a remake. if they are it will be japansese voice with english text or no voice.

i personally like the @ series. i dont much care for the OG other than the SRW4 models. lately, the excesive animations have gotten too annoying in all the games. super moves arnt so super when every move is a super move that takes 5 mins to watch. however, having the menus in english would be real great. the games have gotten real complicated in the options department, even i have trouble with them sometimes. i played through SRW A and R and gave up on OG for the GBA. havent played JJ yet but seen lots of the action. ill play through the english OG soon though.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 18:57   Link #16
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

That's why I took Japanese classes, its all for SRW. The best thing for SRW isn't just the animation, its the storylines. The OG series in particular has great storylines.

If moves take too long, just switch off the animation.

Old 2006-08-18, 12:01   Link #17
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I'm neutral about the @2 and @3 squad system...Its good because you get more units on the field, more damage done and you can bypass the support defend that some enemies have.
Probably the biggest thing I didn't like about the sqaud system is that its a way too lose more money since they don't preform as well as the sqaud leaders.
Made it hard on myself, finished it on 95% Gundam units and 16 squads instead of 20(didn't know).

I just got my copy of OG, need to support them to see OGs on PS2...its possible if OG /2 sell really really good.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 15:13   Link #18
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually the best thing about the squad system is the amount of seishin you can use. The squad system is so effective that the games become too easy.

You should use as many support characters as the ace and top tier characters in each battle, support characters are not there just for doing damage but for the double exp/cash seishins and importantly the 50 sp recovery seishin. The sp recovery seishin is there for squads with the 'awaken' seishin to finish battles in 1 or 2 turns lol

You shouldn't let any unit die at all too, the quick save function is there for you to abuse lol

OGs has a 'Twin Battle System', basically squads of 2 units, works well since most Banpresto Originals are partners and couples. There's a multitude of attacking methods besides the usual single target, support attack, squad attacks, all attacks and combination attacks. You can dual attack - 2 on 2, dual support attack - supporting attack from adjacent squad for a 4 on 2 attack. There's some other attack new methods I think.

Old 2006-09-01, 23:32   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Actually the best thing about the squad system is the amount of seishin you can use. The squad system is so effective that the games become too easy.

You should use as many support characters as the ace and top tier characters in each battle, support characters are not there just for doing damage but for the double exp/cash seishins and importantly the 50 sp recovery seishin. The sp recovery seishin is there for squads with the 'awaken' seishin to finish battles in 1 or 2 turns lol

You shouldn't let any unit die at all too, the quick save function is there for you to abuse lol

OGs has a 'Twin Battle System', basically squads of 2 units, works well since most Banpresto Originals are partners and couples. There's a multitude of attacking methods besides the usual single target, support attack, squad attacks, all attacks and combination attacks. You can dual attack - 2 on 2, dual support attack - supporting attack from adjacent squad for a 4 on 2 attack. There's some other attack new methods I think.
I love that 50 SP Recovery thing, and its always on a sub pilot or somebody you wouldn't normally sortie in a regular SRW so the Squad System is handy. Its probably my favorite system to be introduced to the SRW series and I honestly feel it should become a mainstay of the series. Glad to see a variation of it in OGS, just thinking of the squads I can form gives me lots to ponder while waiting for the game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 21:43   Link #20
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Are there even enough characters and MS in OGs to properly implement the Squad System?

OGs as it stands doesn't have a cast as large as @3.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote