AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-05-26, 20:19   Link #3641
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Bad way to bring that up... The artstyle may be different, but since it's in black and white it doesn't make a huge difference. The YxN picture had the COLORS wrong, there is a difference.

But I'll shut up. 'Cause I don't wanna be the one to start up that shipping wars again... <_<
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 20:22   Link #3642
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

the art style is imo more important then the colors
if the char's don't look like the orginals.. even the correct colors make that better
if only the colors are wrong, it isn't that big of a deal.
although, both sides are wrong
fanart's is that what the fan WANTS to see
i really don't like this "faaaake!!111, the colors are wrong" "faaaaake!!11oneone, the art style is totaly wrong" argument.
Lunariska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 20:24   Link #3643
krisslanza

To each there own I suppose. To me, that YxN picture looks too much unlike the characters. To me, the YxF looks close enough, minor some details which are likely just due to the artist's own inexperience.

The YxN picture was drawn very well, by an artist with a lot of skill I'd say, but they overlooked such a major detail. Just makes it seem pretty bad. *shrug*
Old 2007-05-26, 20:28   Link #3644
Meophist

Could you guys stop? Please…
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 20:42   Link #3645
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Old 2007-05-26, 20:46   Link #3646
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It is sad and pathetic to demean an fanart's style and artist's percieved style and approach by one's own standards. My artistic style has use of heavy rough lines and a bishie-approach to facial textures. Does that make whatever fanart I draw loses what I want it to portray simply because the original source doesn't? Please... end it at that and never bring it up again.

Chaos did it at a joke's whim to poke at the BPHaru, but going further is ridiculous.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 20:53   Link #3647
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@krisslanza
Don't worry, it's not a shipping war.

It's a matter of reason. You see what you want to see and deem the ones you dislike as 'major' errors while forgiving the ones you like as 'minor'.

I don't mind that you people don't like Yuuno, but it TICKS me to no end for your group to deem it as a 'fake' just because people cannot stand the idea of it while purposefully ignoring the errors of all the other fanarts the suits your tastes, calling them 'acceptable'.

Should we continue to do this for every fanart that comes along the way?

EDIT:

Sorry Meophist, sorry Nightengale. But I couldn't let that slide.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 20:57   Link #3648
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
This might be off topic, but i just joined this month, so can someone tell me what happens where there is *war*???
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 20:57   Link #3649
krisslanza

Well we could. But I have feeling that wouldn't end up anywhere good, and would probably end in more trouble then it's worth. Everyone know it's better to think all your hateful thoughts rather then put it in words and post it on the internet so everyone knows you thought it!

And think what you like. I merely stated my own opinion when you jokingly go and use that line against an NxF comic strip. I'm entitled to my own opinion and beliefs, so yes I absolutely hate Yuuno so whenever I see him with Nanoha I tend to get a little aggravated. And it goes without saying whenever someone says something negative about NxF, I also tend to get a little aggravated and as such tend to do things I shouldn't.

So I didn't want to start anything, and I guess I'm sorry. I'm a pretty nice person, but I guess I have a pretty short temper I suppose.

EDIT:
As far as I know the NxY and NxF thing got so out of hand a big "war" started. I guess a war of insults and flaming. Apparantly the mods had to step in to fix the problem. They call it "shipping wars". Why the term 'shipping' is used is beyond me though.
Old 2007-05-26, 20:58   Link #3650
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
That evening after Nanoha disciplined her pupils, she had a little *chat* with Fate....

Spoiler for images:

So what I had in mind would happen afterwards but this guy beat me to it...

Hope someone translates...

But of course I understood:

Nanoha: Fate-chan...
Fate: Un...
Nanoha: Fate...chan
Fate: n...
Nanoha: Fate-chan...

::::::::::::::

Brings back memories of ep 13 of season one...

Sigh...
You completely made my day.

I need to point something about that doujin, the page order is wrong, the page 6 is swaped with the 7. The almost kiss is the last image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Could you guys stop? Please…
Yes please, stop it and make some translations
If someone post the script, I could do the edit job.

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:00   Link #3651
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
As far as I know the NxY and NxF thing got so out of hand a big "war" started. I guess a war of insults and flaming. Apparantly the mods had to step in to fix the problem. They call it "shipping wars". Why the term 'shipping' is used is beyond me though.
it is called shipping because it is relationship war, easier to type i guess

No need to poke at any fanart imo ,everything would always looks good/bad to some.

Btw can someone translate this? i get the idea but too much kanji for me too read :3
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:06   Link #3652
krisslanza

I think I would've died laughing if Fate had done that to Yuuno... XD
Old 2007-05-26, 21:16   Link #3653
ichibaka
NSFW leecher

what the heck... fate stopped in the middle boo hoo hoo

2) "Is this really Mahou Shoujo?" "No, its Ma(Demon) Hou(Cannon) Shoujo(Girl)"
ichibaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:18   Link #3654
spikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
it is called shipping because it is relationship war, easier to type i guess

No need to poke at any fanart imo ,everything would always looks good/bad to some.

Btw can someone translate this? i get the idea but too much kanji for me too read :3
I wouldn't call myself a translator but I can read Kanji...and this is just a very vague approximation of what they're saying...

Fate is feeling a little territorial over Nanoha and she's kind of threatening Yuuno with Bardiche while introducing/questioning him at the same time... it's all business -and maybe a little personal vendetta- but haha all Caro wants to know is if Fate and Yunno are in a love triangle with Nanoha being their well...meeting point.

I think I missed 60% of the details but I can't understand anything but the kanji...
spikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:22   Link #3655
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikky View Post
I wouldn't call myself a translator but I can read Kanji...and this is just a very vague approximation of what they're saying...

Fate is feeling a little territorial over Nanoha and she's kind of threatening Yuuno with Bardiche while introducing/questioning him at the same time... it's all business -and maybe a little personal vendetta- but haha all Caro wants to know is if Fate and Yunno are in a love triangle with Nanoha being their well...meeting point.

I think I missed 60% of the details but I can't understand anything but the kanji...
Aha! ok thanks that helps quite a lot to connect some of the hiragana...

Edit:Hey i saw selkrik around...are u back from your trip?
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:43   Link #3656
Meophist

I'm a little late, but…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
EDIT:

Sorry Meophist, sorry Nightengale. But I couldn't let that slide.
I actually didn't mind your initial joke, but in the perfect world, it would've ended with just the joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
EDIT:
It wasn't so much insults and flaming, but the fact it pretty much dominated the forum so much it became difficult to talk about anything else without it becoming drowned in the noise.

In any case…

…the shipping wars before they begin.
Old 2007-05-26, 21:54   Link #3657
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikky View Post

Yuuno needs to stand up for himself and like do his struggle bind thing and then that long distance transfer on fate!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 21:55   Link #3658
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Old 2007-05-26, 21:59   Link #3659
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
In any case…

…the shipping wars before they begin.
We got it. But on a lighter not, that magic sigil might appear in the Mid Childa equivalent of the Protoss Mothership's Time Bomb.
Old 2007-05-26, 22:06   Link #3660
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
We got it. But on a lighter not, that magic sigil might appear in the Mid Childa equivalent of the Protoss Mothership's Time Bomb.
I meant to post it earlier, but making that took longer than I thought.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw