Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 11:44   Link #241
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Serbia?? You meant Arabia right?
Maybe it was Arabia. Regardless, that's in Africa, which is not part of Brittania in there.

Beyond that, something's wrong with that map... The textbooks they were reading was all British history... Maybe when Brittania took over Britain it merged with them?
Old 2008-04-13, 12:01   Link #242
KrimzonStriker

The British History was pre-Britannia for the most part though... in any event I would imagine Africa is more in line with Britannia since they have a war with the EU going on there.... Hey, this is funny, maybe it's Britannia attacking El Alamain instead of the other way around
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:28   Link #243
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Maybe it was Arabia. Regardless, that's in Africa, which is not part of Brittania in there.

Beyond that, something's wrong with that map... The textbooks they were reading was all British history... Maybe when Brittania took over Britain it merged with them?
Neither Arabia (generally stated as part of Asia) nor Serbia (Europe, it's in the Balkan, north of Greece, east from Italy) are in the African continent

I still think that Area 18 was conquered on the Persia-Arabia displayed in dark green on the map, as they had a strong arabic vibe and their KMF were clearly different than those from the EU.

The El Alamain front, according to the map, would concern solely EU vs Britannia
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:40   Link #244
Cal-Reflector

Well that map certainly answers a lot of questions.

Given this distribution, Britannia's super power status in the world is hardly theirs alone. I wonder why I was under that impression
Old 2008-04-13, 12:42   Link #245
KrimzonStriker

They probably took the mantle of superpower from them, the Middle East Green country no longer seems to be around, and Africa is a hot-spot of conflict between them and the EU. Also, Dominion status for India and Australia is still up there >_>
Old 2008-04-13, 12:42   Link #246
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post

Given this distribution, Britannia's super power status in the world is hardly theirs alone. I wonder why I was under that impression
You were probably under the influence of Wakamoto's superiority complex!
Old 2008-04-13, 12:46   Link #247
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Probably because it did so in one generation?

Wasn't it mentioned that it was Charles himself who instigated the entire "conquer nations and claim Areas" thing?

Besides, even taking the mass of owned land into account, Britannia does present itself as the 'superior' super-power overall. It seems to have all the best toys and the best talents.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:48   Link #248
Blaat

Is Persia independent or a dominion of Britannia? I'm leaving towards the latter, which kind of explains the El Alamein front, which is gone now. Lots of things in those two years.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:49   Link #249
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

I never thought that.

Really, they just ripped off the Orwellian concept of the three superpower world. Oceania (Brittania), Eurasia (EU), and East Asia (China). And Africa was the battleground between the three areas, trying to take the people for slaves, but the real reason for battling was just to cause a deficit in certain supplies in the country.

Now, the difference is that Africa is for territorial gains, not for slaves. But could it also be using the same idea that the only reason for war is so that the citizens have to make sacrafices? Interesting...
Old 2008-04-13, 13:08   Link #250
KrimzonStriker

Oh and Great Britain is part of the EU, hah to all you Operation Overlord theorist
Old 2008-04-13, 13:35   Link #251
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
well it makes sense that Africa belongs to the E.U.

after all without the British Empire to contest with France or Holland the colonies there would mushroom, to take over the entire continent.

won't be surprised if the speak a French dialect there.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:28   Link #252
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I wonder if the Americas beneficated from the massive europeans immigrations waves of the XIX th century, or if they were redirected on Africa.

About EU and colonies dominant langage, I think that would be german, as they were the most dynamic european nation during the XIX th century, both economically and demographically (there are now about 160 millions ethnic germans scattered across the world), and maintained their prominence in XX th century even if their demography dwindled.

If you forget England, those who defeated Napoleon were Prussia, Austria and Russia, as the latter had significant german elites. Considering England influence as nil due to the exile of monarchy, the downfall of France after the little corsican, the last influent culture to remain would have been the german.

Plus that fit's the Panzer Hummel and the "Genious-commander-in-EL-Alamein".
Old 2008-04-13, 14:40   Link #253
KrimzonStriker

I tend to agree with that theory that Germany is probably the leading power in the EU, though England could have still been around since parliamentary revolutionaries were the ones to oust the monarchy, while Napoleon helped.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:45   Link #254
Blaat

German will be the dominant language only because the Japanese are obsessed by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
well it makes sense that Africa belongs to the E.U.

after all without the British Empire to contest with France or Holland the colonies there would mushroom, to take over the entire continent.
Based on the Scramble for Africa I would disagree with the notion that Holland would had significant colonies in Africa, my money is on the French, Germans, Portuguese and Italians.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:49   Link #255
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I tend to agree with that theory that Germany is probably the leading power in the EU, though England could have still been around since parliamentary revolutionaries were the ones to oust the monarchy, while Napoleon helped.
Or maybe during the CG-verse Vienna Council, was England given a brand new sovereign from the pool of those hundreds principalties there were at the time (and which gave kings to most of the new countries during XIX th century, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, etc...).

As nearby all european countries were then dominated with german elites and nobility, and as ideals of the revolution did not dwindle but reinforced with time, maybe they all evolved to Constitutional monarchy, in an extended germanic empire, renamed Euro Universe
Old 2008-04-13, 14:52   Link #256
KrimzonStriker

I don't know, reestablishing the monarchy would have just given Britannia an excuse to claim the throne later, and how many heirs could have still been around after the exile? A puppet-run parliament seems more likely, possible it broke away and turned on Napoleon in Waterloo, but then subsided after being greatly weakened to the other rising European powers like Germany.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:56   Link #257
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
German will be the dominant language only because the Japanese are obsessed by it.

Based on the Scramble for Africa I would disagree with the notion that Holland would had significant colonies in Africa, my money is on the French, Germans, Portuguese and Italians.
I still think that the dominant culture would be the German, as the French lacked a demography strong enough to populate their empire (They lost their extremely vast colonies of North America because they could never persuade enough people to emigrate), Portugese in the XIX th century were no match for german dynamism and demography, same for Italians.

XIX th century was the Germans's century (and it's end, to a lesser extent, the Russian's century), considering demography and cultural/technological prominence.
Old 2008-04-13, 15:14   Link #258
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I still think that the dominant culture would be the German, as the French lacked a demography strong enough to populate their empire (They lost their extremely vast colonies of North America because they could never persuade enough people to emigrate), Portugese in the XIX th century were no match for german dynamism and demography, same for Italians.

XIX th century was the Germans's century (and it's end, to a lesser extent, the Russian's century), considering demography and cultural/technological prominence.
I was talking about Africa though not the EU it self.

As for the 19th century being the German century, I politely disagree, most of it is definitely dominated by the British due to her Empire and of course due to the Industrial Revolution and for a long while the centre of the world was London it self.

Also did the Industrial Revolution take place in CG world? If so, where did it start?
Old 2008-04-13, 15:16   Link #259
KrimzonStriker

Uhh, Britain wouldn't exactly be the best starting point for expansion and Industrial Revolution in this time line if you hadn't read the changes in history by now >_>
Old 2008-04-13, 15:26   Link #260
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uhh, Britain wouldn't exactly be the best starting point for expansion and Industrial Revolution in this time line if you hadn't read the changes in history by now >_>
I assume he was talking about that our 19th century is the German century. If he's talking about CG Germany then I'll stand corrected. (could still be Britannia though, they have the all the American resources for themselves )