AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-25, 14:18   Link #23901
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I prefer to keep it simple. What we got was what we saw. There's no reason Jail wouldn't know the Saint's gender. He knows Vivio is the best Saint King clone out there he can get.
Jail didn't make her, remember?
Remember Alien 4? While Jail is a good scientist, I can guess he has failures before Vivio.

Page Claim!
Old 2008-04-25, 14:24   Link #23902
Jimmy C

Jail snatched her from the dupes that made her.
Old 2008-04-25, 14:26   Link #23903
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
So that would bring up the question of what kind of mage would be able to put up a barrier of such strength that could tank an Arc shot? In which case has been lowered to merely SS standards now that you are still sticking to this questionable points.
The Arc is in excess of SS, no question. Consider that detail dropped.

I'm working out the details on this in IRC and decided that the barrier's going to get the boot. More details to come once they're sorted out.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-25, 16:02   Link #23904
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Well....I'm a little sad....my story hardly got any comments T T Are you guys saying that the chapter I had posted was that bland that there was nothing to comment on?
Old 2008-04-25, 16:15   Link #23905
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I'm probably out of place saying this but...

It's okay. My little attempt at an OC has yet to be commented on either.

In fact, the few things I've posted never really got commented on. It's as if I don't exist.

*goes into his emo corner and draws circles in the ground*

Last edited by Tempy; 2008-04-25 at 16:26.
Old 2008-04-25, 16:18   Link #23906
Tormenk

Hmmm..

Add certain ingredients from SEED, Elfen Lied and Evangelion and this'll make for a wonderful mindfuck indeed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for after notes:

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-25, 16:48   Link #23907
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post

In fact, the few things I've posted never really got commented on. It's as if I don't exist.

Yeah...however, this is chpt 10 i just posted :3
Old 2008-04-25, 18:34   Link #23908
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Yes and no, while stopping mid cast then picking up later isn't possible from what we see casting something and then setting it on a delayed activation trigger or storing it in some item where it can be activated very quickly later IS and the differences if done right could be minor. That said for a spell of this magnitude storing it intact and ready to go would be a challenge IMO and likely require something on the order of a device solely for that purpose.
I have no problems with delayed activation triggers, i'm pretty sure we've seen such things in the nanoverse already, and you're right, if he goes this way, he'd probably need a device.

*rubs twitching eyes*

Ugh, busting/discussing 1st thing in the morning.

Quote:
And acutally given that we know that the difference between AAA+ and AAA is significant (as seen when Chrono fights Fate in the Manga) and yet Vita failed to defeat Nanoha that quickly (indeed she needed to use a bunch of cartridges to do it.) I’d acutally argue maintaining the barrier WAS weakening her.

It also assumes Nanoha WANTED to break the barrier at first this is unlikely IMO not only because she wouldn’t want to be seen but because of worrying about people getting caught in the crossfire as well. Notice she never tries to flee during the initial contact and instead seeks battle which as I noted means the Barrier isn’t doing anything. It’s only later when it becomes clear they’re overmatched that they decided to nuke the barrier and flee which they do in like 2 minutes once they make that call with a single spell from a mage that’s already been significantly weakened.
This isn’t even really open for debate IMO it’s rather simple X amount of energy spread over Y area determines the strength of a shield. When Y is a say a circle with a 1 meter radius it’s going to be VASTLY tougher then when Y is a dome with a surface area measured in square miles assuming even vaguely comparable inputs. Just like if you took all the layers out of a bullet proof vest spread them out then sowed them into a sheet the sheet would have the same amount of Kevlar in it, but only a small fraction of the original vests stopping power.
Hmmm. I guess you're right, in that. On the other hand, doesn't it say somewhere that Starlight Breaker is really good in breaking barriers? This may be just me but I'd always been under the impression that the barrier needed to be a cohesive whole, and if destabilised enough at one point, would create a ripple effect that would take the whole thing down. Carrying this further would suggest that to take down a barrier all you need is to punch a single hole in it and it goes down... wait that's what's happening already?

Argh brain not working.

Quote:
As I said IMO barriers main use is keeping people from seeing magic battles when the mages don’t want them too, but even that depends on both parties thinking that way and if one guy decides not to play along he can bust it down pretty easily. This is why no one bothers with them on Mid and other administered worlds they have no real reason to hide and the barriers are to easy to break through. That's why I've never really consider barriers to be viable as single combat spells or to trap someone of comparable power to yourself as IMO if you have the power to put the barrier up he has the power to tear it down, or at least tear through a section of it rather easily.
This is pretty much why the OFM never use barriers; their targets are either Bureau or normals - and if they're normals, well how about that, the targets have vanished outside the barrier! - and the energy needed to cast such barriers will draw lots of uncomfortable attention from the mainstream Bureau, which defeats the point of being black ops.

Quote:
Yeah attacks that bypass ANY defense to strike right at "hit points" tend to be VERY hard to balance without building the entire combat system around the idea.
Well there's always Leena's yuri attack, but it's not like I'm actually using it seriously, it's more played for laughs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Undisputed heavy-weight champion.

Though Lowe brought the term in here iirc.
It was me who created the term Khrack. ORE! ORE WA! ORE WA!!!

Uh, nevermind. *goes back to writing on Assault BJ*

Quote:
I'm getting the Da Vincci Code vibes all over from that, if you must know. What with true identities and a Church mixed up in this..
Which is why it's crack. :P Srsly, if Brown can fuck up the details of the Kiowa Warrior, and even WW2 history, i don't have faith in his writings. But in OC, this is cracklulz. Madness? Nah, just Crack.
Quote:
Giant..mage summon?
...I'm thinking more yuri summon.......delicious yuri.....

Leena: "Oh yesssssssss~"

*RUNS*

Quote:
Yuuno was an synthetic A and Arf was no higher than AA+ at that time. And given that even the Asura crew had trouble in even identifying the Velka-type barrier, it's safe to say it's harder for them to break out of an barrier which they had little knowledge of.
And isn't it easier to just break barriers rather than transport out of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Well....I'm a little sad....my story hardly got any comments T T Are you guys saying that the chapter I had posted was that bland that there was nothing to comment on?
Patience, ghazhopper. Patience. (It's a pun on that famous line.)

Besides right now all I can say right now is ZOMG DELICIOUS YURI VIBES WRITE MORE DAMNIT, which isn't really waht you want to hear. So I'll say it anyway. ZOMG DELICIOUS YURI VIBES WRITE MORE DAMNIT.

Quote:

I'll be getting to you in a bit...just hang on first...and don't go emo on us. Grey Knights don't emo, they either kill the enemy or they die!

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-04-25 at 18:57.
Old 2008-04-25, 20:25   Link #23909
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I'm getting the Da Vincci Code vibes all over from that, if you must know. What with true identities and a Church mixed up in this..
I think that was the whole point, considering PF also has Templars... So I joined 2 and 2 and went on a rampage...

Quote:
Sorry! I was QQing all night until I forgot to comment.

First point: Which part of 10 had yuri vibes?! I reached to the end, and I don't see it happening... Though Eva was much gentler than I expected I must admit...

...SaSword'd make a great Arena pet for a Hunter.

I don't quite know if Keroko's really pissed at Farukon, or pulling his leg. But the meeting after wards does bring out the difference in keikakudoori levels. That's why there's Yagami () in Riot 6, but I guess Reddo will do just fine.

Nicely done, and do forgive if I miss things. Work stacked on top of Randomness of the Day + Bloodrage means I miss the cheese for the crack.

Quote:

*goes back and check. When you're in Berserker Stance, you tend to miss things...*

Quote:
Hmmm..

Add certain ingredients from SEED, Elfen Lied and Evangelion and this'll make for a wonderful mindfuck indeed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for after notes:
Little wonder really. Vivi-quarium with Extended spines-in-jars AND our resident mad scientist? HELL YESSS!!!
Old 2008-04-25, 20:35   Link #23910
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
This isn’t even really open for debate IMO it’s rather simple X amount of energy spread over Y area determines the strength of a shield. When Y is a say a circle with a 1 meter radius it’s going to be VASTLY tougher then when Y is a dome with a surface area measured in square miles assuming even vaguely comparable inputs. Just like if you took all the layers out of a bullet proof vest spread them out then sowed them into a sheet the sheet would have the same amount of Kevlar in it, but only a small fraction of the original vests stopping power.
Using the same idea, it would mean that shields are much, much tougher than barriers. Yet, shields have ALSO been breached before, so why not the barrier in Iris's spell, even if it's much smaller than the city coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I prefer to keep it simple. What we got was what we saw. There's no reason Jail wouldn't know the Saint's gender. He knows Vivio is the best Saint King clone out there he can get.
Jail didn't make her, remember?
It is very simple already, without involving more technobabble. How is Vivio being a girl doesn't conclude that the Sankt Kaiser's gender is a female difficult to accept, really? Genetic manipulation allows one to choose the gender.

It's true that there's no reason Jail wouldn't know the Saint's gender, but was the gender really important then? And compounded by the fact that he did not make her, other scientists still had the chances of botching the job and created a partial clone. The best clone need not be fully identical, it just needs the correctly functioning one.

Quote:
The Church has a terrible secret.

Quote:
Giant..mage summon?
Do not let thy thoughts wander!

Quote:
Quote:

The two of you would have to forgive me. I'm currently withholding backlog breaking since it's exam time for me, and time isn't exactly forgiving for me . I am only doing short reads now, but be assured that I'll follow up when it's over.
Old 2008-04-25, 20:56   Link #23911
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@Kha: I've been at it for a year too, though my production speed sadly does not match yours. It's been... interesting trying to incorporate a Mages "race" into the grim and dark future.
Like hell I have a production speed. More like mental spam of names of OCs I never write of, and now in Rebuilt almost completely ditched.

But thanks, I need every bit of encouragement to make it through the daily grind RL, in WoW and here.

Quote:
It's too bad my story doesn't match everyone's tastes, but it's a fact I've long accepted.

Well in any case, here's a preliminary attempt at my OC. Forgive me if I am ignorant of any preexisting characters with similar attributes or if there are taboos I just made. 1190 some pages is an incredible amount to go through, and the OC list is exhaustive to go through completely.

Spoiler for Here we go:

A potential villain, I suppose. The Church of Belka will most likely not like him, and maybe even Vivio, in a genetic memory sort of way. The blood that stains his hands is the same that courses through her veins. I took quite a few liberties with the history since I don't know of any canonical references to events that far back in the past other than Al-Hazard. Or I could just be a loony and am completely unaware of such facts.

So there it is in its rough draft form. I made it in less than an hour.

I'll follow up with a spell list after this gets kicked around a bit.
...wait a minute... Horus...??????

*notices the Inquisition practically grind to a halt at the mention of the name*

Elements in the past will feature heavily in Keroko's work Age of an Empire (Why is it taking so long?! ()), so I can't say conclusively how to fit Noland's origins in. I left it pretty vague to be safe, but I do say that Sankt Kaiser and the old Cleric-Knights gave their lives to save their people. I mentally had the image of them battling the combined forces of Chaos, just needs work to Nanohafy them.

As for the present, Vivio might remember something of him, though I'm not quite sure if it will be with fear or just "my favorite son"... The Inquisition will want him fully investigated, and if verified put him down while he slumbered and cast the forsaken device into the deeps of Mount Mordor, metaphorically speaking. If additional help is needed, then the Ordo Maelleus Licht von Belka and possibly their elite Grey Knights Cleric-Knights of Celestial Being will be called in. But I believe an entire Wing of girls can handle 1 Daemon Prince so apart from some Battle-Brother squads assisting, the rest of the Knights can be deployed elsewhere.

In relation to timeline, when was this guy discovered? Cos as of StrikerS, the only recognized Ancient Belka practitioners are Carym, Hayate and Acous.

Other than that, good first attempt! I'm not good at spotting h4xx, but functionally, Noland looks very workable. I might even have Skane ordering a raid on the facility to bust him out; the Messiah will want this wonderful pawn amongst the Brotherhood of Nod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
The Church has a terrible secret.
And it is the Inquisition's duty to defend it.

*runs from Anita*
Old 2008-04-25, 21:12   Link #23912
Rockfest

Quote:

Well in any case, here's a preliminary attempt at my OC. Forgive me if I am ignorant of any preexisting characters with similar attributes or if there are taboos I just made. 1190 some pages is an incredible amount to go through, and the OC list is exhaustive to go through completely.

Spoiler for Here we go:

A potential villain, I suppose. The Church of Belka will most likely not like him, and maybe even Vivio, in a genetic memory sort of way. The blood that stains his hands is the same that courses through her veins. I took quite a few liberties with the history since I don't know of any canonical references to events that far back in the past other than Al-Hazard. Or I could just be a loony and am completely unaware of such facts.

I don't suppose you'd let me use him for TravellerS?

Quote:
There really isn't anything to say other than great writing as usual and in need of the next chapter, which i'm pretty sure you're tired of hearing by now.

Also that scene between Rue and Eva didn't seem Yuri at all. A beginning of a friendship is what I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Elements in the past will feature heavily in Keroko's work Age of an Empire (Why is it taking so long?! ()), so I can't say conclusively how to fit Noland's origins in. I left it pretty vague to be safe, but I do say that Sankt Kaiser and the old Cleric-Knights gave their lives to save their people. I mentally had the image of them battling the combined forces of Chaos, just needs work to Nanohafy them.
What am I chopped liver? I may be new, but I still troll like no other before!
Old 2008-04-25, 21:31   Link #23913
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfest View Post
What am I chopped liver? I may be new, but I still troll like no other before!
I'm not too sure, but my Sankt Kaiser is female, and I don't exactly accept overt time-travel (I did think of one out of Khrack, but never wrote it. TK and Goose shot it down.), so it kinda makes me AU relative to you. But yes as your works progresses I believe we may find things pertinent to my side of things. Sorry, I just didn't mean to leave you out...

*Warps in*

Anyone who wishes to kill my Knights is free to do so, but I have a few requests:

1. Make it GAR.
2. And include this prayer: "I am the Hammer. I am the sword in Her hand. I am the Gauntlet about Her fist. I am the Bane of Her foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End."

*RUNS*

Last edited by Kha; 2008-04-25 at 21:43.
Old 2008-04-26, 00:00   Link #23914
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Post song ATM: Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess

Another entry for today..... I guess.

------

Spoiler for space:

----------

Okay I am very out of here. *takes cover* BTW, next OC will not be up until next week, so yeah. Wait for it.

it surely is boring weekend, isn't it?

============

and here's the new OC I earlier promised.

Spoiler for Sword of Scarlet Autumn:

Last edited by USB500; 2008-04-26 at 00:31. Reason: adding new OC profile
Old 2008-04-26, 04:16   Link #23915
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Yaaaay I got responses!

Squad Morale Restored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfest View Post
I don't suppose you'd let me use him for TravellerS?
If you wish to use him, then I grant you permission. However he's still relatively incomplete, so I respectfully ask that you wait until the final draft is released before incorporating him. Thank you, however, for having interest in him.

Quote:
...wait a minute... Horus...??????
He could very well be the Horus of Belka. At the same time, much of his transgressions were unintentional from his person, an accidental Judas. Unlike Horus, Noland has a slight chance of redemption.

Actually, I'd say he's a weird mix of Horus and Kharn the Betrayer.

... Heh. Kharn.

Quote:
In relation to timeline, when was this guy discovered? Cos as of StrikerS, the only recognized Ancient Belka practitioners are Carym, Hayate and Acous.
He would be discovered well before any of the series began. Thusly, rumors / horror stories / urban legends have plenty of time to grow, wither, and mutate. According to the timeline established by Nightengale, MC 040 is about 25 years before the events of the first Nanoha season. I may make it so that the recent (re)appearance of Vivio in StrikerS awakens the sleeping bloodlust in him, thus stirring him from decades of cold sleep.

While Carim, Hayate, and Acous are confirmed practitioners of Ancient Belkan magic, Noland is still relatively unknown due to lack of study. We as readers can easily assume his ability as a practitioner of Ancient Belka, but scientists rarely accept a fact unless it's been thoroughly tested.

Before any extensive testing could be done regarding Noland's magical abilities, the military decided to step things up and "accelerate" the examination process. Thus, Cocytus was reawakened and shit hit the fan real hard. As a result, further study was deemed too dangerous and Noland was sealed away.

I purposely made Noland's history vague and mostly unconfirmed so that he can be easily inserted into storylines. After all, history is only as accurate as what is written down, and not all written history is the undiluted truth, yeah? The obscurity of his history allows it to be modified without much difficulty.

Well... I see one possible path of redemption...

Spoiler for Possibility:

I'll see if I can throw together his spell list and put it up soon. From the looks of it right now... it's pretty nasty.
Old 2008-04-26, 04:27   Link #23916
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Now the concept for the head of Sektor 21...

Daedalus Malandra

-snip-
Ahh, Kagato? And a crush on Lindy? Interested to see where ths is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
EDIT: CRACK ATTACK!

My god... what if Nanoha had to deal with...

Spoiler for THIS:

UGH.... but... at the same time... LOL.

*FANFARE*

RUBY: T. NANOHAAAA!!!!

NANOHA: O_o

RUBY: Here she is! The one and only winner of the TSAB Magiball Contest!

NANOHA: ~_~;

RUBY: This girl is FUELED BY MAGIC! So start melting guys, 'cause the girl's hotter than hot she's hot HOT HOT!

*Cue the beat.*
... Ruby? XDXDXD

Tempted, so tempted. God I love that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...goddamnit I wanted to take a break from this sort of shit! Look what you two have done!
I managed to lock myself into a PM discussion.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem here is our varying abillity to will SoD. To quote a discussion I had with Ark before concerning Tesla, and why she went along with the TSAB plans:

"First off, you have to remember that I am only a marginally decent tactician at best, though I think our many discussions have shown that by now. Anything I do or write with Tesla is thus influenced by my limitations. In a way this puts me closer to Seven Arcs way of thinking then many of the experts on this area we have here. Indeed, I did not see much trouble myself with many of the plans the TSAB executed untill it was shown to me.

Canon integration can be a tricky busines in that department. Sure, I could have Tesla point out all the stuff you guys discussed and make everything happy, but that would make Tesla the 'hero' of the story, the main character, and eventually, the Mary Sue. It's one of the many pitfalls in integration: Actually knowing more about the subject then the writers. You get the urge to point such things out and change them. The first is not bad, the second one is.

But I'm straying of the subject, you asked if Tesla ever protested to any of the plans? The answer is yes and no.

In episode 16, Tesla expressed fierce disapointment in the defencive measures taken in he face of a possible attack, she wanted more AMF trained forces on stand-by, and have mages be ready in Barrier Jackets to act in a moments notice. The fact that the people guarding inside were not allowed to carry devices was in fact protested against prior to the meeting, but Hayate explained that they were orders from Regius himself, and he was not about to change them.

Then we arive to another much discussed subject: The defence of RF6. This was not one which Tesla protested against, and the reason for that was very simple: Nobody had any clue whatsoever that Jail would actually come after Vivio. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, but even on this forum nobody had any clue whatsoever that RF6 would be demolished so completely. The main target by all acounts seemed to be the meeting at the Ground Forces HQ, so that was where most of the defences were placed.

Fast forward to episode 20/21: Once again, from my basic point of view there is nothing inherintly wrong with these plans. The main characters are rare and powerfull mages, and also among the few that have anti-AMF training. Splitting them up to cover the large amount of threats seems like a natural thing. With the Cradle being the largest threat, the largest amount of power was send in that direction."

As you can see, knowing about the subject greatly increases ones critisism against it. Knowing very little about millitary stuff and having only casual notice of LoP, willing SoD becomes a lot easier.

Still, willing SoD is rather easy for me anyway. I am more knowlegable then most when it comes to melee combat, and I can still enjoy the Nanoha combat, despite the fact that if I start looking at it technically, it falls down completely.

Quote:
Bet I have more I need to write.
You want to make a list and compare?

Quote:
Yeah that might work at low levels, but it's a good way to die against most skilled players since if you don't think ahead you're going to get blinded sided. I recall one match were a guy I was against rushed me with a horde of Flamethrower teams, nearly killed me but I barely held him off, but I had acutally considered this (I knew he was a rusher) and basiclly just delayed him until I got out tanks, at which point he was still using small arms and flamethrowers... SPLAT.
I know, and I've noticed. I'm not a top player, not by a long shot. I utterly fail at most one-on-one matches, but do better at 2v2 or 3v3.

Quote:
Still isn't quite sure what to make of all this Nod stuff really...
It's basically a rogue faction of the Church, lead by Skane who uses his own religous beliefs to control his men. You won't be seeing Avatars or Stealth Tanks rolling out anytime soon if that's what you're worried about.

Quote:
Some guy back during the large scale wars could easily have looked lik say this IMO:
Spoiler for size:

Or this
Spoiler for size:

But overtime as mass based weapons dwindled the armor and defenses meant to counter them did so as well.
I'm aiming for a more knightlike armor, something space marine-ish. Armor with a touch of medievil.

Quote:
To the point that today even so called Knights consider a mini-skirt with some small metal bits "armor" and we all know how I feel about THAT.
I actually did some research into that and found this:

Reinforce II Knight’s Garb & The Book of the Azure Sky
(StS DVD2)
Ancient Belkan practitioners generally equip defensive attire known as “Knight Armor”, but the Guardian Knights wear “Knight’s Garb”, designed by Hayate. (Concerning this, details can be found in the “Book of Darkness Incident” data files) Similarly, the Unison Device Reinforce II dons Knight’s Garb when advancing to the front lines. As fitting the support-type Reinforce II, although it does not provide top-class protection, Knight’s Garb allows for more agile maneuvering. The Book of the Azure Sky is a storage device. Similar to Hayate, Reinforce Zwei’s personal device holds an enormous volume of magic data, which is not used independantly, but makes up half of the magic data available during a Unison.

So yeah, I was wrong, the Wolkies aren't wearing Knights Armor at all.

Whoops.

Quote:

Spoiler for Here we go:

Ancient Belka? Hmm... I might be able to use this guy... mind if I make him one of the Primarchs? (genetic soldiers created of the material of the Royal Bloodline).

Quote:
Full copies are only possible with fully intact genetic information. Cell cultures usually take care of the problem. For Vivio's, the Sankt Kaiser's blood has been degraded (and really, blood as a viable option for cloning really makes me bristle at how the producers gloss over details, since blood contains extremely little to no genetic information! ) by the passing years, resulting in certain information missing. Vivio is not possible to be a pure clone.
I've said it before, and I'll probably say it a milion times more: Nanoha relies on the assumption that the viewer either hasn't studied what they're using, or doesn't care. Heck, Jurasic Park is impossible too from a scientific point of view, but who cares as long as the movie is cool?

Quote:
Ah, humbug-kun, thanks a lot. Been looking for you to help.

Does it sound better? =3

Anyway, to solve this problem, we'll establish Sankt Kaiser as a [CRACK]hermaphrodite[/CRACK].

*runs from Keroko and Kha*
Now, I may be one of the most accepting tolerant people here, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the occasional futanari comic, but let's not do that to Vivio shall we?

*evil eye*

Or else...

Quote:
And acutally given that we know that the difference between AAA+ and AAA is significant (as seen when Chrono fights Fate in the Manga) and yet Vita failed to defeat Nanoha that quickly (indeed she needed to use a bunch of cartridges to do it.) I’d acutally argue maintaining the barrier WAS weakening her.
Let's not forget that Vita was holding back.

Quote:
It’s only later when it becomes clear they’re overmatched that they decided to nuke the barrier and flee which they do in like 2 minutes once they make that call with a single spell from a mage that’s already been significantly weakened.
Ah, but SLB Total Seal Break is noted to be a special effect, it's not 'just' a single spell.

Quote:
As I said IMO barriers main use is keeping people from seeing magic battles when the mages don’t want them too, but even that depends on both parties thinking that way and if one guy decides not to play along he can bust it down pretty easily. This is why no one bothers with them on Mid and other administered worlds they have no real reason to hide and the barriers are to easy to break through.
That is actually argued by canon, as Vita's Gefangnis der Magie (which litterally translates to prison of magic) is created to trap Nanoha. Also note that both Arf and Yuuno note in the battle that it is hard to get out of the Barrier, even though Vita is the sole creator. Then in A's 4/5, the tables are turned and Vita and Zafira get captured (which is supported by Lindy, Signum and Shamal blatantly saying so) and that one needed the Yami no Sho to crack. Signum merely managed to get in, but not out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
I'm more inclined that there are more than one Sankt Kaiser ( different generation ). and each time it has a different gender....
We know there is a Royal Bloodline, as this is noted in the vearious booklets.

Quote:
Hmmm..

Spoiler:

Spoiler for after notes:
Hmm, 'kill Jail' urges are rising. That means this was damn good written.

Quote:
He could very well be the Horus of Belka. At the same time, much of his transgressions were unintentional from his person, an accidental Judas. Unlike Horus, Noland has a slight chance of redemption.

... Heh. Kharn.
*mumble mumble* Well, the Horus he wouldn't be in Fall of an Empire, but he certainly would play a bigger role.
Old 2008-04-26, 05:18   Link #23917
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

I'm aiming for a more knightlike armor, something space marine-ish. Armor with a touch of medievil.

Like this?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-26, 08:21   Link #23918
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Yaaaay I got responses!

Squad Morale Restored!
Your Faith in the Emperor is weak for a Grey Knight. ()

For me, I'm too Simon, hotblooded, confused and careless to be one too. Not to mention having not a shred of badass to my name.

Quote:

... Heh. Kharn.
[Khane]It is as you've noticed, my brother...[/Khane]

Quote:
He would be discovered well before any of the series began. Thusly, rumors / horror stories / urban legends have plenty of time to grow, wither, and mutate. According to the timeline established by Nightengale, MC 040 is about 25 years before the events of the first Nanoha season. I may make it so that the recent (re)appearance of Vivio in StrikerS awakens the sleeping bloodlust in him, thus stirring him from decades of cold sleep.

While Carim, Hayate, and Acous are confirmed practitioners of Ancient Belkan magic, Noland is still relatively unknown due to lack of study. We as readers can easily assume his ability as a practitioner of Ancient Belka, but scientists rarely accept a fact unless it's been thoroughly tested.

Before any extensive testing could be done regarding Noland's magical abilities, the military decided to step things up and "accelerate" the examination process. Thus, Cocytus was reawakened and shit hit the fan real hard. As a result, further study was deemed too dangerous and Noland was sealed away.

I purposely made Noland's history vague and mostly unconfirmed so that he can be easily inserted into storylines. After all, history is only as accurate as what is written down, and not all written history is the undiluted truth, yeah? The obscurity of his history allows it to be modified without much difficulty.

Well... I see one possible path of redemption...

Spoiler for Possibility:

I'll see if I can throw together his spell list and put it up soon. From the looks of it right now... it's pretty nasty.
I see. That'll be LOL. But... 0_0

Mindburst!

Spoiler for A scene for StrikeR2?:
I think I went a little overboard and took many liberties there... I even assumed he was a Cleric-Knight and tried to make it reconcile with his profile, but I think I made a mess turning Noland into another Arthas... Do forgive me. ><

Quote:
I actually did some research into that and found this:

Reinforce II Knight’s Garb & The Book of the Azure Sky
(StS DVD2)
Ancient Belkan practitioners generally equip defensive attire known as “Knight Armor”, but the Guardian Knights wear “Knight’s Garb”, designed by Hayate. (Concerning this, details can be found in the “Book of Darkness Incident” data files) Similarly, the Unison Device Reinforce II dons Knight’s Garb when advancing to the front lines. As fitting the support-type Reinforce II, although it does not provide top-class protection, Knight’s Garb allows for more agile maneuvering. The Book of the Azure Sky is a storage device. Similar to Hayate, Reinforce Zwei’s personal device holds an enormous volume of magic data, which is not used independantly, but makes up half of the magic data available during a Unison.

So yeah, I was wrong, the Wolkies aren't wearing Knights Armor at all.

Whoops.
*struggles not to do an "I told you so" dance.*

Quote:
Now, I may be one of the most accepting tolerant people here, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the occasional futanari comic, but let's not do that to Vivio shall we?

*evil eye*

Or else...

Quote:
*mumble mumble* Well, the Horus he wouldn't be in Fall of an Empire, but he certainly would play a bigger role.
Yeah... Now to confirm if he was a Primarch, or a Cleric-Knight...
Old 2008-04-26, 10:15   Link #23919
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
As you can see, knowing about the subject greatly increases ones critisism against it. Knowing very little about millitary stuff and having only casual notice of LoP, willing SoD becomes a lot easier.

Still, willing SoD is rather easy for me anyway. I am more knowlegable then most when it comes to melee combat, and I can still enjoy the Nanoha combat, despite the fact that if I start looking at it technically, it falls down completely.
Same thing goes for me, but I haven't had the benefit of someone pointing out all the flaws in TSAB military doctrine.

Quote:
It's basically a rogue faction of the Church, lead by Skane who uses his own religous beliefs to control his men. You won't be seeing Avatars or Stealth Tanks rolling out anytime soon if that's what you're worried about.
Anyone mind if I use a variation on this for my work?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-26, 12:10   Link #23920
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Ancient Belka? Hmm... I might be able to use this guy... mind if I make him one of the Primarchs? (genetic soldiers created of the material of the Royal Bloodline).
If you so desire, then let it be so. However like the previous person, I respectfully ask that you wait until I release the final edit. Thank you for accepting my OC though.

Quote:
Your Faith in the Emperor is weak for a Grey Knight. ()

For me, I'm too Simon, hotblooded, confused and careless to be one too. Not to mention having not a shred of badass to my name.
Who is this Emperor you speak of? I serve only the eternally glorious and holy God-Empress of Mankind. All other false idols will be purged with extreme prejudice and hate.

Besides, fighting daemons is one deal. Social interactions with humans and xenos is not part of the skill set unless it involves one or more of the following: purging, scourging, cleansing, purification, annihilation, or everyone's favorite, EXTERMINATUS.

Quote:
Mindburst!
*snip*
Hey, that was pretty awesome. My only comment is that he's blind unless his device is active.

Quote:
Yeah... Now to confirm if he was a Primarch, or a Cleric-Knight...
Hmmmmmm... now that's a good question.

I like the idea of Primarch, but I also like the Cleric-Knights.

...Heh.

Noland Reiniger: Damned Primarch of the Cleric-Knights. He forsook his sanity and everything he ever lived for in order to save the kingdom he would shatter.

"The galaxy is not yet strong enough to face the horrors lurking beyond our sight. Our existence is one of indulgence, To heal a broken bone you must first break it. I will unify our fallen empire and strengthen it... even if I must be damned to hell forever for it."

Well, while we're at it, I'll put up the spell list.

Spoiler for The Power of Madness:
Closed Thread