AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-04, 16:14   Link #7461
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yeah with that "HEART" emotion...Hmm...she didn't get much air time here too and she didn't got any lines! lol Seems Ruby is getting more love now than Kokoa.
Old 2009-02-04, 16:29   Link #7462
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yeah with that "HEART" emotion...Hmm...she didn't get much air time here too and she didn't got any lines! lol Seems Ruby is getting more love now than Kokoa.
Yeah any time she gets to fight her sister is a good time for Kokoa . So even though she was barely present it was probably a positive chapter for her. Now if only the others felt anything other than extreme pain . Though with her that much more powerful than everyone combined you really need to set up a Moka opponent and then one at a lower level for everyone else.

Still a pretty good chapter. Could understand Inner Moka's feelings with how she approached things. Probably just being able to go around without being sealed away was probably a great thing in itself. Since really she just pops out for a very short fight (though some longer than others) and then its back to being sealed. Overall had to be a great day for her considering the moments she got with Tsukune. Guy paid for those moments, that's for sure.
Old 2009-02-04, 16:38   Link #7463
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

This doesn't show that Tsukune's potential is greater than Moka's current power...I mean, she sent him flying/tumbling with a mere finger flick! When Tsukune activates the blood, he's stronger than everyone except Moka. Ruby might have thought that she could have captured Moka, but Moka had already anticipated that the girls would try to trap her. What she didn't anticpate was Tsukune using his own version of Moka's method to find where the real attack was coming from. She didn't count on Tsukune being the one to spring the trap.

I don't think that even Moka realizes that Tsukune's 'trigger' is whenever she deems him 'unessacary' and tells him to get back. He starts to do reckless things whenever she starts saying things like that to him.

And as for Inner knowing if Tsukune was having 'thoughts' about her - she's a lot more perceptive than Outer and besides, she's a very beautiful girl - what guy HASN'T had any sort of 'naughty' thoughts about her? That and it's Tsukune - no secret that he likes both Outer and Inner.

C'mon Tsukune~! You've come this far! First time he landed on her, she flat out forbade him from touching her, now she says that holding hands and such is alright - Progress!
And wrapping the whip around her leg like that -
Old 2009-02-04, 16:56   Link #7464
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Still we dunno if Moka can take the HIT'S. We dunno yet if she's a tank like Ruby and Tsukune or low stamina like Mizore and Yukari.

Going back a few chapters her fight with Kalua-onee-chan seems to base that she can't take that much punishment, with the same level as hers. Since in season1 she's given her blood, so her power lessen. I wanna see a 100% Moka in battle take damage.

Man the other girls need a power boost. They need to use all there demonic and monstrous powers to be at a level near Moka.
Old 2009-02-04, 17:24   Link #7465
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I need to read the trans ASAP...

with thoughts to the bits between Moka and Tsukune when it comes to danger- even though we know that Tsukune is quite capable of fighting, I see their relationship as something similar to Shana and Yuji in SnS... Shana (Moka) is the fighter (and we also have their tsundere natures), and Yuji (Tsukune) is very perceptive and able to come up with a plan on the spot, at least as of 16.

And slowly, very slowly, Moka is slipping into dere mode... two of the panels seemed like one was going to seduce the other... I'm hoping that Moka keeps the whip for some time; that way, we have moar Inner... there can never be too much of her, especially romantic moments between her and Tsukune

and the agony of waiting a month kicks in...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 17:52   Link #7466
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
This doesn't show that Tsukune's potential is greater than Moka's current power...I mean, she sent him flying/tumbling with a mere finger flick! When Tsukune activates the blood, he's stronger than everyone except Moka. Ruby might have thought that she could have captured Moka, but Moka had already anticipated that the girls would try to trap her. What she didn't anticpate was Tsukune using his own version of Moka's method to find where the real attack was coming from. She didn't count on Tsukune being the one to spring the trap.

I don't think that even Moka realizes that Tsukune's 'trigger' is whenever she deems him 'unessacary' and tells him to get back. He starts to do reckless things whenever she starts saying things like that to him.

And as for Inner knowing if Tsukune was having 'thoughts' about her - she's a lot more perceptive than Outer and besides, she's a very beautiful girl - what guy HASN'T had any sort of 'naughty' thoughts about her? That and it's Tsukune - no secret that he likes both Outer and Inner.

C'mon Tsukune~! You've come this far! First time he landed on her, she flat out forbade him from touching her, now she says that holding hands and such is alright - Progress!
And wrapping the whip around her leg like that -
You ignoring something very important. Tsukune will never fight Moka seriously. Just like every anime guy out there, Tsukune will willing take a beating from the girl(s) he cares for.

Tsukune IS stronger than Moka. Recall back to Outcast arc. Moka did 2 full powered kicks to "whats his face" head, and he kept coming back virtually unharmed. And all Tsukune did was one punch and he was out for the count. Tsukune is able to stop Hokuto's gigantic super blade arm, where Moka was just sitting there waiting to be killed.

I know you're a Moka fanboy but facts are facts.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 18:03   Link #7467
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

QFT!!! And these are the true facts.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:53   Link #7468
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I must admit Inner Moka looked very elegant in the dress and heels. But i would expect nothing less from her her sense of style compared to outer Moka are hundred of years apart. Outer Moka dresses more like a high school girl while Inner dresses more like a noble women of high ranking society which she basically is.

Nice chapter Tsukune learned something after all that and he also got to feel what pain is truly like. Hang in there Tsukune what doesnt kill you only make you.....ah who am i kidding just try to stay somewhat alive oh and try not to lose any body parts either.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:59   Link #7469
usspaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You ignoring something very important. Tsukune will never fight Moka seriously. Just like every anime guy out there, Tsukune will willing take a beating from the girl(s) he cares for.

Tsukune IS stronger than Moka. Recall back to Outcast arc. Moka did 2 full powered kicks to "whats his face" head, and he kept coming back virtually unharmed. And all Tsukune did was one punch and he was out for the count. Tsukune is able to stop Hokuto's gigantic super blade arm, where Moka was just sitting there waiting to be killed.

your also forgetting something too, moka nerver has a killing intent when she fights all she wants to do is knock them out. Tsukane in that fight had a killing intend and didnt care who it was as long as he killed something. You also have to note in that chapter that Tsukane had no control over himself since he tried to fataly wound kurumu and was going after moka with everything he had. Moka at that time was drenced by water and was considerbly weaker then normal at that point. At that point she felt killing Tsukane was the only option to save everyone and thus actually went all out on him. That chapter showed us how powerful moka really is by beaten the crap out of Gaul Tsukane who was consumed by the blood and hell bent on attacking everyone. The time with hakuto moka still had her rosario on , abed it was damage when outer was tring to remove it but still on and thus still having some of its sealing ablitities. Also at that time she still didnt have the killing intent and was still tring to KO the guy. The only true true fight she had so far was against her sister Kalua and she put up a good fight against her sister.The way things looked in that partucular chater both sister would have died if it wasnt for that guy.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:27   Link #7470
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I wonder when will Inner Moka do what usspaul's siggy is doing in the manga.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:52   Link #7471
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Moka or Inner Moka? Whomever he chooses, he pretty much picks both.

Both Moka's are just two sides of the same coin... unless of course, if the pink-haired one is actually a separate entity that was placed there to counteract the other. I haven't caught up to speed yet, but it seems to me that Outer Moka is a persona that was the result of having sealed the true vampiric nature of the original one.

Also, I don't think that Tsukune kissing any of the girls at this point would necessarily mean that the deal would be sealed. He could end up kissing someone else the next time due to circumstance, then conflict with the other girl ensues, whatever. Usually, kissing scenes are reserved for that momentous ending, but nowadays you also get harems involving a kiss or two to spice up the drama of the love game.
I think the important thing about Inner Moka in this chapter was that she was behaving almost like Outer Moka. They are they same being essentially, only the Inner has an emotional guard that comes off as arrogance in my opinion.

In this sense you could almost say that the Outer Moka is really the Inner, as in she is the core personality of Moka and expresses her feelings without restraint. The vampiric Moka on the other hand has more personality quirks supplementing that core, with pride and hubris being among them.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 20:53   Link #7472
Cio
Otaku

Inner Moka is stronger than Tsukune, it is obvious but Tsukune have his plus than Inner Moka, like the one we see in chapter 16 when he can think about how to make the others furious with hugging Inner Moka and sensing Ruby is above them, even Inner Moka didn't expect Ruby there

@kenjiharima: hello, i have lurking here for 1-2 years, so i know many of you here like Kyero, Magin, Hayashi, Tempest and many more haha
Cio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 21:06   Link #7473
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I think the important thing about Inner Moka in this chapter was that she was behaving almost like Outer Moka. They are they same being essentially, only the Inner has an emotional guard that comes off as arrogance in my opinion.

In this sense you could almost say that the Outer Moka is really the Inner, as in she is the core personality of Moka and expresses her feelings without restraint. The vampiric Moka on the other hand has more personality quirks supplementing that core, with pride and hubris being among them.
I think the Inner, who represents the true vampire that is Akashiya Moka, is the core, or at the very least she's being treated as such, which is why she is hidden and being kept within. In the first place, Outer surfaced as a result of Moka choosing to seal her vampiric powers with the rosario.

However, one can also say that Outer is Moka without the vampiric side of her nature. The fact that Inner Moka has the capability to let loose once in a while in such a carefree manner seems to point at this. In other words, Inner and Outer are basically mirrors of each other.

That's how I see it anyway.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 21:21   Link #7474
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I think the Inner, who represents the true vampire that is Akashiya Moka, is the core, or at the very least she's being treated as such, which is why she is hidden and being kept within. In the first place, Outer surfaced as a result of Moka choosing to seal her vampiric powers with the rosario.

However, one can also say that Outer is Moka without the vampiric side of her nature. The fact that Inner Moka has the capability to let loose once in a while in such a carefree manner seems to point at this. In other words, Inner and Outer are basically mirrors of each other.

That's how I see it anyway.
I see it like this somewhat as well, I think about it though in terms of one personality with bits of it removed. So Inner Moka is the real Moka with her full personality. The Rosario restricts portions of that personality, perhaps the portions intricately connected to her identity as a vampire. So the Outer Moka is the real Moka as well, but not the entirety of Moka.
Old 2009-02-04, 21:54   Link #7475
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@-Cio- Been lurking in different forums too last year for R+V stuff. I saw your avy of Kurumu.

Anyways another month without R+V manga....
Old 2009-02-04, 22:14   Link #7476
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Facts, eh... Now, how should I answer this one... Haaah, Magin's gonna hate me since this will take away from me working on his fanfic.

I would not like to make this into a thread war over Tsukune being stronger/weaker than Moka since I like both characters without preamble but I cannot readily see how Tsukune would be physically stronger than Moka and using the Ghoul Tsukune arc as the reference isn't the best choice, in my opinion. Here's why:

Moka has NEVER gone for a kill on an opponent EXCEPT on Ghoul Tsukune

If one can stomach the earlier chapters as well, one can see that nearly every snapping roundhouse kick Moka made was aimed at the head. Kicking someone like this, as any TKD person would know, can KO someone very easily. This type of a kick is specific to rattle the brain inside the skull, causing a concussion. The same effect can be caused by a punch but kicking is Moka's preference. Causing a concussion in this manner nearly always ends a fight as it screws up the brain's ability to process information for a short time. Moka's always gone for a quick KO in any of her fights - she's never let it drag out longer than it has to.

In the case for Midou - this guy was rare. Beaten to a bloody pulp and he was still alive - there's no doubt that he's gotten the worse beating out of anyone in R+V to date outside of Ghoul Tsukune. We have to also consider the facts of how and were the strikes were made on him. Yes, he withstood three of Moka's kicks and he told her that even though she was strong, even that level of power wasn't going to put him down. He was bleeding from those kicks but they healed up quickly enough.

Now, if she would have kicked him like she did Kahula, then Midou's head would have exploded, I'm sure that there's no doubt about that. So why doesn't she use that sort of power all the time? Well, for one, on anyone other than another vampire, that sort of attack is OVERKILL in ever sense of the word. I'm sure that there's other reasons but could the main one possibly be that she doesn't WANT to kill anyone? Yes, she does enjoy fighting and testing her strength against others but that doesn't mean that she's going to kill anyone and everyone - she's like a blend of Ryu and Ken but it seems that expectations are that she's suppose to behave like Akuma...

As for why Ghoul Tsukune got credit for the Midou 'kill', I could hide behind words like 'main character', 'plot device', etc but that can be easily shredded. Unlike a vampire, a ghoul has similar power but almost NONE of the restraint. This was pure battle/bloodlust driving Tsukune at this point. My own personal spin on this is that even as a Ghoul, Tsukune had the most basic instinct to protect Moka. He caught her as she fell and he also knew that the one who made her like that was the one standing in front of him (Midou). So, he attacked the thing that hurt Moka with all his power...with devastating consquences as Midou found out. He shattered some of Midou's ribs and maybe even some vertabre with that first Falcon Punch. He then choked Midou, threw him to the ground, mounted him and then went R+V UFC on him. He completely demonlished the entire group. He was still beating some poor fool in when Moka came up behind him. He stopped and looked at her, showing no sign of aggression from what I can tell, but Moka began her own beatdown on him. Could he have fought back? Did Tsukune even WANT to fight back? We don't know - Moka didn't give him a chance to do much of anything.

There is a decidedly marked difference in fighting style from when Moka fought against Midou to how she fought Ghoul Tsukune. If Moka fought as she did against Ghoul all the time...there wouldn't be a Youkai Academy to speak of.

As for Hakuto...Moka jumping at him was just like jumping into a meat grinder. She really wasn't fighting him then - she was trying to buy Tsukune time to get out of there. She only got hurt thanks to making sure Tsukune was out of Hakuto's 'kill zone'. Getting Hakuto off-guard, if only to slow the timing of his blades by even a quarter of a second would have been enough of an opening for Moka but she was hurt and he was carving her up thanks to her previous injuries.

Why would Moka tank a hit from Hakuto? Stopping one blade wouldn't have done anything for the other 9 blades he commanded...As soon as she stopped, she would have been dead. Someone else had to tank the hit to create the opening she needed.

It's easy to see Moka does not like taking hits - she's a girl for one and it is extremely rare for a female fighter of a similar build to Moka to 'tank' hits. She's taken hits before to save Tsukune but it hinders her from moving at 100%, so in other words, Tsukune is the only one she's tanked a hit for. Even without her vampire aura, Moka's natural hitpoints are still higher than Mizore, Kurumu, or Ruby's. Moka can take a beating (her aura also lends to a very fast regen rate) but she usually gets the heaviest hitters of the arc thrown at her so conversely, they have more in their attack than most of their usual foes.

And I think that everyone thinks that Ruby has higher HP because Kahula used two attacks on her instead of one? As Kahula used it, an elbow from that postion isn't for sending someone flying - it's to break their hold/shock them/create an opening to launch your real attack.

So, if we want to discuss this, fine, let's do it. Just no more use of 'so-n-so's fanboy' and what not - that is an entirely different can of worms that is best left unopened, agreed?
Old 2009-02-04, 22:22   Link #7477
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think it's best to say it's up to Ikeda who's stronger.

Just glad Tsukune still has those bad as scars. GAR!!!
Old 2009-02-04, 22:38   Link #7478
X207
Gamyūsa

ch16 was great. lots of inner moka and a few angry and jealous youkai in hot pursuit. it was rather refershing to see her out for a free day instead of only 1 minute.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 23:11   Link #7479
Used Can

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Someone has got to get that rosary and throw it away, so it'll never be found again. Inner Mocha was just far too good in this chapter.
Old 2009-02-04, 23:26   Link #7480
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Someone has got to get that rosary and throw it away, so it'll never be found again. Inner Mocha was just far too good in this chapter.
On hindsight, why is it again that she uses the rosary? Was it because she couldn't get friends as an obvious vampire or is it because she doesn't want to fight all the time?

Perhaps it's just the simpler answer, she's wearing it because the students aren't allowed to go into their monster form at school.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire