Notices

Old 2008-02-20, 02:39   Link #1221
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Well, the cable was delivered on February 15th at 12:19 PM, just about 8 minutes apart from the next shipping of a printer, an external enclosure, and an internal hard drive, which my householder (who lives in the same house) received, delivered on the same day. The location for the cable is at PORCH, which I don't know what it means, but I think it means 'in front of the house'. The tracking site (ups.com) doesn't give the specific address of where it was shipped, but rather only the name of the city where it was shipped to.

I'm pretty sure I didn't input the wrong address, since I bought the other stuffs (which I already received) in the same run.

In any case, since you said that you lost it for '2 months' and complain for '4 times', does that mean newegg doesn't reply if the Order Status mentions that the package is already "successfully" delivered?
Oh no no no. I meant this for another site. Not newegg. All my business i've done with newegg, it's been quite good so far. Well... if you really want to know here it goes. I emailed them the first time, and told me to send them my Order ID, i did that. They emailed me back saying it was sent and it's up to the shipping company responsibilty to ensure it gets delivered, so I checked the status of it from start to end, saying it was delivered. I searched around the house asked my brother and sisters if they found/ seen a package with my name on it. My dad eventually said, "oh, i forgot, here's a package for you ***", having kept it in his truck for 2 freaking months. yup I have a 3 letter name ^^. Of course I didn't sent them an apology email, it would have been useless and I think it would've been more of a hassle for them anyway.

That aside...

For UPS, that's regular, a specific address for the cities doesn't matter. I'm more interested in the confirmed address, aka your house. Now newegg delivers the items in their original boxes with a bunch of stickers for their own tracking and merchandising purposes, correct?

And if not, then it would in a big cardboard box, which I don't think newegg does. Since that cable you bought is just a "generic" cable i'm not sure if it would come with it's own box and mostly would come in a shrink wrap or a simple plastic bag that's been heat sealed or stapled.

After rereading your response many many times. I think the shipping company may have just simply forgot it, but I can't be sure here because they usually have a checklist of sent items. Or simply the person who received/got the mail placed and misplaced the item of yours.

I personally think the someone misplaced it.

--another question

When ya guys/gals are using extractions/renders for sig making and walpaper making or what ever you may use it for, do you clean them up before you use them? Cause i've been cleaning mine since about 3 or 4 extractions ago and I wonder if anyone even care for the extra work I or others may do to improve to them. Cause I know cleaning them, about 90%+ free of jpeg artifacts without any filtering takes me about 75% longer than w/o it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-02-20 at 03:05. Reason: questions
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 10:30   Link #1222
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
When ya guys/gals are using extractions/renders for sig making and walpaper making or what ever you may use it for, do you clean them up before you use them? Cause i've been cleaning mine since about 3 or 4 extractions ago and I wonder if anyone even care for the extra work I or others may do to improve to them. Cause I know cleaning them, about 90%+ free of jpeg artifacts without any filtering takes me about 75% longer than w/o it.
I never do... I mostly collect high res scans. So i downsize them till it looks acceptable to the eye and leave it at that. Or i just look for scans that are such high quality that there is no need to downsize it. Of course there are some exceptions. But that is the rule i go by for myself.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 17:26   Link #1223
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Oh no no no. I meant this for another site. Not newegg. All my business i've done with newegg, it's been quite good so far. Well... if you really want to know here it goes. I emailed them the first time, and told me to send them my Order ID, i did that. They emailed me back saying it was sent and it's up to the shipping company responsibilty to ensure it gets delivered, so I checked the status of it from start to end, saying it was delivered. I searched around the house asked my brother and sisters if they found/ seen a package with my name on it. My dad eventually said, "oh, i forgot, here's a package for you ***", having kept it in his truck for 2 freaking months. yup I have a 3 letter name ^^. Of course I didn't sent them an apology email, it would have been useless and I think it would've been more of a hassle for them anyway.

That aside...

For UPS, that's regular, a specific address for the cities doesn't matter. I'm more interested in the confirmed address, aka your house. Now newegg delivers the items in their original boxes with a bunch of stickers for their own tracking and merchandising purposes, correct?

And if not, then it would in a big cardboard box, which I don't think newegg does. Since that cable you bought is just a "generic" cable i'm not sure if it would come with it's own box and mostly would come in a shrink wrap or a simple plastic bag that's been heat sealed or stapled.

After rereading your response many many times. I think the shipping company may have just simply forgot it, but I can't be sure here because they usually have a checklist of sent items. Or simply the person who received/got the mail placed and misplaced the item of yours.

I personally think the someone misplaced it.
Well, it seems that they actually already sent it and the whole situation was simply me unable to find it. Anyway, today after I came home from school, following your advice I checked around the house and discovered it behind the bush in front of the house. The cable comes in with a small box, but it was put inside a really big plastic bag. The bush conveniently hid the box, so when I only saw the piece of plastic bag, I thought it was some kind of trash. In any case, sorry for the trouble and for making you write such a long reply...

I guess I won't send an apology email to newegg, either.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 18:28   Link #1224
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Well, it seems that they actually already sent it and the whole situation was simply me unable to find it. Anyway, today after I came home from school, following your advice I checked around the house and discovered it behind the bush in front of the house. The cable comes in with a small box, but it was put inside a really big plastic bag. The bush conveniently hid the box, so when I only saw the piece of plastic bag, I thought it was some kind of trash. In any case, sorry for the trouble and for making you write such a long reply...

They hid your package in a bush? The delivery guys are getting more and more creative by the day!

I kid, I kid.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 18:39   Link #1225
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:

Hahaha ^^, that silly delivery boy ^^. I'm glad you found it. I told you, usually the package delivery company don't make mistakes due to a checklist they usually go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
I never do... I mostly collect high res scans. So i downsize them till it looks acceptable to the eye and leave it at that. Or i just look for scans that are such high quality that there is no need to downsize it. Of course there are some exceptions. But that is the rule i go by for myself.
I only say this because, I wonder if the extra minute work I and others do are actually appreciated

To tell you truth, I don't think i've seen a single extraction that has been filtered of annoying jpeg before. I feel alone in this world again >.<

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-02-20, 18:44   Link #1226
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well the difference is certainly noticable in most cases. I am personally too lazy to clean up the stocks before using them so instead just a method of "blind blending" (ie smudge) instead

Though by cleaning the stocks, you are getting more practice at using the pen tool

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 18:51   Link #1227
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well the difference is certainly noticable in most cases. I am personally too lazy to clean up the stocks before using them so instead just a method of "blind blending" (ie smudge) instead

Though by cleaning the stocks, you are getting more practice at using the pen tool
hahaha ^^. I think i'm plenty experienced with the pen tool (I think) , lol ^^. The smudge tool is what I use for cleaning, since I think there's really only a few ways to clean them. Clone tool = failure, Smudge at 50%-75% is the best since after than strength you drag too much of the unwanted pixels with you. The blur is ok at times, but never strong enough even at 100%. The brush is ok too, altering the opacity.

Old 2008-02-21, 19:52   Link #1228
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question can we or me request a sig or avvy from the other members???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:09   Link #1229
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question can we or me request a sig or avvy from the other members???
Yes, but try not to do it through PM.

Instead, check out places like Fan Creations <-- (request threads for both avie and siggies are stickies there). Lots of personal threads there focus on signatures and avies too.

You can also check the many avie and signature threads found in anime specific forums (i.e: the Clannad section)
Old 2008-02-22, 09:36   Link #1230
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Instead, check out places like Fan Creations <-- (request threads for both avie and siggies are stickies there). Lots of personal threads there focus on signatures and avies too.
Please do Not place request for making specific signatures in those threads, unless it's explicitly specified in the first post that you can; at most you should ask (in the thread) if it's ok, before posting a list of instructions. Some people find it annoying if you give them chores/solicit them in those threads.

(to clarify, asking to use an existing signature/avatar is a diffrent matter)
Old 2008-02-22, 10:34   Link #1231
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ yup.. I, for one, included in that group... not that anyone wants to use my experimental work anyway
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 12:23   Link #1232
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
^ yup.. I, for one, included in that group... not that anyone wants to use my experimental work anyway
Hah, don't be so modest. If ANYONE'S work is experimental, it's MINE. I haven't even figured out how to put borders on rounded edges yet. If that's even possible.

Speaking of making borders, can anyone direct me to a tutorial post for making different kinds of border? Thanks.
Old 2008-02-22, 12:37   Link #1233
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26533

Try looking at section A

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 12:57   Link #1234
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Hah, don't be so modest. If ANYONE'S work is experimental, it's MINE. I haven't even figured out how to put borders on rounded edges yet. If that's even possible.

Speaking of making borders, can anyone direct me to a tutorial post for making different kinds of border? Thanks.
Select you border and expand the selection or shrink it to what ever pixel size you choose and some voodoo magic there you go a border ^^

Old 2008-02-22, 14:10   Link #1235
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Please do Not place request for making specific signatures in those threads, unless it's explicitly specified in the first post that you can;
Oh yes, when I mentioned other people's thread there, I intended for him to check the already existing works in the galleries.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:05   Link #1236
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

tnx ill try those hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 01:43   Link #1237
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

This isn't for this forum, but for another one in which I cannot seem to get help from. It's hongfire.

On that site, for about a month or 2 now, many many of my threads in which I have not visited, they are being marked as "read" even though I know i have not visited that particular thread. Now it isn't life threatening but it is bothersome, and i've been wondering how to reset the settings or fix this issue. I've check my User CP and resetted/defaulted all of the settings but that didn't do anything for my sake.

Old 2008-02-24, 06:41   Link #1238
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

This thread is not here to provide support for other forums, so if you have further questions after my reply, please find an alternative method and location in which to ask them.

That said, threads being marked as "read" automatically has long been a "feature" of vBulletin. Although they use "vBulletin 3.6.8", they may not have enabled the new thread marking method*, introduced in ~v3.5, that you will be used to here. Our FAQ page on Automatic Thread/Forum Read Marking Mode might also help explain the differences.

Old 2008-02-24, 19:50   Link #1239
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

this is a stupid question lol, but it only comes to mind a few days ago. what does it mean when rep colors are gray?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 20:16   Link #1240
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
this is a stupid question lol, but it only comes to mind a few days ago. what does it mean when rep colors are gray?
It means the rep-er is unable to influence your reputation at the time of given rep.

For a more comprehensive look at reputation, check the dedicated section on the forum rules page.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious