Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 07:30   Link #2301
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah I couldn't bring myself to like Cagalli all that much myself, in either season, and I like Meyrin that much more, natural bias for redheads and brunettes aside. Killing her would just piss me off about as much as killing Flay did.

Especially if it's something stupid or pointless.
She sure is a likeable character, but as I see it, her death (or incapacitation: she could very well be bedridden/ in a coma) is necessary if we want an Athrun's counterattack of any sort, as Athrun has given up on both Cagalli and Lacus, we need a Lala there!

On another note, I'll agree with Fllay's and Meer's death being totally pointless. For Stella... well it was more the whole character being stupid.

Edit: another workable scenario would be the death of Cagalli: if we assume Athrun still had lingering affection for her, her death in some past tragic event could make her fair Lala material. Plus it plays well with Orb being out of the picture (a colony/asteroid drop could very well have obliterated it).

Edit 2: my first idea was for her to simply assist Athrun, then I tought he wouldn't be broken enough with her on his side, but Cagalli is a very workable Lala (a better than Stella at least), plus it would also greatly impact the rest of the old crew. Actually, in this scenario, characterwise, she could also play narrator, altough I'm not sure if her voice would fit.

Last edited by JMvS; 2011-08-19 at 07:43.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 10:49   Link #2302
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Batman Forever was nowhere near as successful as Gundam Seed was, and Gundam Seed Destiny was extremely successful in Japan where as Batman and Robin bombed.
Here are the similarities that I can see:

*Fukuda/Schumacher were called up to direct GS/Batman Forever after Turn A Gundam/Batman Returns fell short of expectations of the Sunrise/WB executives
*GS/Batman Forever saved their respective franchises (Gundam/Batman films)
*GSD/Batman & Robin suffered from a case of Executive Meddling by the toy makers (Kenner/Bandai)
*The public's perception of their respective franchises at the time: Batman = the campy Adam West era, Gundam = Universal Century
*Fukuda/Schumacher hasn't done anything notable for a few years after their respective productions were finished (though in Fukuda's case, he's taking care of his sick wife)
Old 2011-08-19, 10:57   Link #2303
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Batman Forever was nowhere near as successful as Gundam Seed was, and Gundam Seed Destiny was extremely successful in Japan where as Batman and Robin bombed.
Batman Forever killed it's movie Summer in America...And Joel Schumacher wasn't looked at like the scum of the earth until AFTER Batman & Robin, just like Fukuda wasn't considered a complete failure (his own admission aswell) until after GSD...As for the rest I'm saying critically, finances don't always tell the story which should be obvious to you...
Old 2011-08-19, 11:00   Link #2304
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

wow just wow really lots of idea & too many compare of GS era to batman movies series?

give GS era main focus is been on characters, emotion, feelings, drama, etc if any show that example of it would so be degrassi the next generation series.

besides bit similar give english dub done by canada voice rosters.

really imagine if GS movie did like scene related to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQhM...eature=related yea GS era is gundam version of degrassi.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 11:10   Link #2305
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Batman Forever killed it's movie Summer in America...And Joel Schumacher wasn't looked at like the scum of the earth until AFTER Batman & Robin, just like Fukuda wasn't considered a complete failure (his own admission aswell) until after GSD...As for the rest I'm saying critically, finances don't always tell the story which should be obvious to you...
... now I am hoping no movie will ever be made for SEED/DESTINY.

The more we discuss this, the more I think FATKuda might be in a state of depression.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 11:28   Link #2306
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Edit 2: my first idea was for her to simply assist Athrun, then I tought he wouldn't be broken enough with her on his side, but Cagalli is a very workable Lala (a better than Stella at least), plus it would also greatly impact the rest of the old crew. Actually, in this scenario, characterwise, she could also play narrator, altough I'm not sure if her voice would fit.
Personally I think Cagalli would work better as a Lala character in some ways given what we saw on screen I don't remember any clear indication of Athrun having feelings for Meyrin until the OVA/Plus ending.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 11:30   Link #2307
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I don't remember any clear indication of Athrun having feelings for Meyrin until the OVA/Plus ending.
There wasn't any, well, at least Athrun wasn't feeling it. In fact, all the couples were very close to one another while Meyrin was trailing behind Athrun.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-08-19, 12:40   Link #2308
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Personally I think Cagalli would work better as a Lala character in some ways given what we saw on screen I don't remember any clear indication of Athrun having feelings for Meyrin until the OVA/Plus ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
There wasn't any, well, at least Athrun wasn't feeling it. In fact, all the couples were very close to one another while Meyrin was trailing behind Athrun.

- Tak
Yeah, the Athrun-Meyrin relationship is mostly one were she would look at his back, which fit a Char-like character.
Old 2011-08-19, 18:57   Link #2309
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
really imagine if GS movie did like scene related to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQhM...eature=related yea GS era is gundam version of degrassi.
WTF?? No seriously, WTF!?
Why do you always post those completely unrelated videos?
Old 2011-08-19, 20:14   Link #2310
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
WTF?? No seriously, WTF!?
Why do you always post those completely unrelated videos?
When it comes to dealing with KLAC:

Old 2011-08-19, 20:55   Link #2311
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The mere fact we're discussing this....after almost 5 years of development inactivity, Is beyond me. It feels like the only way we're gonna get closure for SEED/Destiny is that somebody writes an epic and realistic fanfic, and Fukuda, who's drunk, will steal the material, and use it for a script.

Seriously speaking. A SEED movie at this point guarantees an offing of Cagalli... with what has happened to Naomi's situation.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:43   Link #2312
GundamFan

Quote:

- Tak
Thanks for the conformation Tak I haven't watched GSD in awhile and thought I could've forgotten something Athrun said or did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Yeah, the Athrun-Meyrin relationship is mostly one were she would look at his back, which fit a Char-like character.
You you're right about the Athrun-Meyrin relationship fitting with a Char like character the problem is though Athrun's no Char and with Athur's character the death of someone he was more involvved with would really help to sell it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 03:29   Link #2313
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Speaking of Athrun, i feel like i could rewatch SEED Destiny again, just for how damn pimp he is. Biggiest Gundam franchise harem ever.

Actually, were the SEED Destiny films any good?
Old 2011-08-20, 03:51   Link #2314
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of Athrun, i feel like i could rewatch SEED Destiny again, just for how damn pimp he is. Biggiest Gundam franchise harem ever.
Huh, I thought that was Kira

He destabilized just about every couple's relationship in SEED/DESTINY, and definitely proven to be a record holder in the Gundam-verse for it

- Tak

Old 2011-08-20, 04:15   Link #2315
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Huh, I thought that was Kira

He destabilized just about every couple's relationship in SEED/DESTINY, and definitely proven to be a record holder in the Gundam-verse for it
You're probably right, because all i can remember much about is pimp Athrun and how pretty much every female in his age group fell for him.
Old 2011-08-20, 04:40   Link #2316
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Here are the similarities that I can see:

*Fukuda/Schumacher were called up to direct GS/Batman Forever after Turn A Gundam/Batman Returns fell short of expectations of the Sunrise/WB executives
*GS/Batman Forever saved their respective franchises (Gundam/Batman films)
*GSD/Batman & Robin suffered from a case of Executive Meddling by the toy makers (Kenner/Bandai)
*The public's perception of their respective franchises at the time: Batman = the campy Adam West era, Gundam = Universal Century
*Fukuda/Schumacher hasn't done anything notable for a few years after their respective productions were finished (though in Fukuda's case, he's taking care of his sick wife)
The first is true but so was Imagawa for G Gundam.

Batman Forever didn't save the Batman franchise, Batman Return was a financial success it was Warner Brothers stupid idea to try to return to the Adam West era antics that caused Batman Forever.

I don't even know what you are trying to say by comparing their past franchises. The average american certainly didn't think of the campy Adam West era as what Batman should entail. The first Tim Burton Batman was one of the most popular movies of all times, it broke several box office records.

As you mentioned this isn't because Gundam Seed Destiny killed his career (the series was very popular in Japan) the more likely reason is that his wife became ill a couple of years ago. Either that or his simply not working several successful directors take long breaks.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 05:50   Link #2317
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The mere fact we're discussing this....after almost 5 years of development inactivity, Is beyond me. It feels like the only way we're gonna get closure for SEED/Destiny is that somebody writes an epic and realistic fanfic, and Fukuda, who's drunk, will steal the material, and use it for a script.

Seriously speaking. A SEED movie at this point guarantees an offing of Cagalli... with what has happened to Naomi's situation.
yep. it's been 5 years and people are still talking about it..

we need closure!! that's why I'm still hopeful for a movie
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 07:17   Link #2318
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Thanks for the conformation Tak I haven't watched GSD in awhile and thought I could've forgotten something Athrun said or did.

You you're right about the Athrun-Meyrin relationship fitting with a Char like character the problem is though Athrun's no Char and with Athur's character the death of someone he was more involvved with would really help to sell it.
Hence the offing of Cagalli, preferably with Kira holding some extent of responsability in the events: "You didn't kill them and now she's dead!".

Quote:

Actually, were the SEED Destiny films any good?
Too much of Athrun-Meer material was removed for my taste.
Old 2011-08-20, 10:43   Link #2319
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
yep. it's been 5 years and people are still talking about it..

we need closure!! that's why I'm still hopeful for a movie
Not really, we just need people to stop talking about it until/unless real news of an upcoming movie/OVA/series appear.

Seriously, there's so much going on right now in the Gundam franchise, and anime in general, that I don't see the point in reviving this thread just to make some weird comparisons with Batman movies or whatever.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 11:58   Link #2320
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Seriously, there's so much going on right now in the Gundam franchise, and anime in general, that I don't see the point in reviving this thread just to make some weird comparisons with Batman movies or whatever.
Personally, I just like to jab at some of the more peculiar moments in SEED/DESTINY. You have to admit, in retrospect, some of it were great laughs.

- Tak

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep