AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 00:48   Link #7781
The American Average
2LMES

@S.Freedom personally i'm more of the tomboy, or crazy types (like katejina) but don't worry i know the pain of your favorite girl being chickified, my favorite female character in seed was cagalli and we all know what happened to her. i also agree with the Shiho, i wish she would have gotten something, at least a couple lines or something, she looks rather interesting iirc she has a pretty cool looking mobile suit i think it was a blue zaku or something.
Old 2013-06-21, 00:49   Link #7782
Aquaman OS

Also Kira seems really sad after all is said and done, until Birdy cheers him up, but only slightly. And his hug earlier with Lacus is more romantic looking and less just reassuring.

Seems they're trying to humanize the two of them more.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 00:52   Link #7783
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Seems they're trying to humanize the two of them more.
my god, is that possible?! but i'm glad they're trying to make the Lacus and Kira's relationship look much more, believable
Old 2013-06-21, 01:12   Link #7784
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Actually, Lacus i thought cried for a bit. I haven't seen her cry...until the last episodes of SEED. looking good as a retouch.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:20   Link #7785
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
i also agree with the Shiho, i wish she would have gotten something, at least a couple lines or something, she looks rather interesting iirc she has a pretty cool looking mobile suit i think it was a blue zaku or something.
She piloted CGUE type D.E.E.P. Arms:

And, yes, it's a cool MS. Also, yes, Shiho is a decent female character who are brave, smart, and pretty skilful .
Old 2013-06-21, 01:28   Link #7786
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't wish that Shiho would get lines. If she gets lines in the anime proper they'll probably kill her off.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:37   Link #7787
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Exactly, she being quiet is pretty much the only thing keeping her alive.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 01:46   Link #7788
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Don't wish that Shiho would get lines. If she gets lines in the anime proper they'll probably kill her off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Exactly, she being quiet is pretty much the only thing keeping her alive.

- Tak
Just make an Astray series and she’ll be alive all the way . Plus, she'll also get some spotlight (not just lines, but some actual conversations and interactions with other characters, and her kicking ass to boot).
Old 2013-06-21, 01:56   Link #7789
S.Freedom

Who said anything about giving her lines?(it would be nice though)

I just want to see her do something to warrant the badarse rep she has. You know so I don't think of her as a pretty face with an informed ability. Sadly since she was meant to be a homage to Nami Tamaki it'll never happen.

Anyway, is there any hope of seeing Heine do more before he dies? Like a few more scenes showing his interaction with Athrun and the rest of the Minerva's crew? Or is it just wish full thinking on my part?
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:07   Link #7790
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Who said anything about giving her lines?
Uh...10char

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
i also agree with the Shiho, i wish she would have gotten something, at least a couple lines or something, she looks rather interesting iirc she has a pretty cool looking mobile suit i think it was a blue zaku or something.
Old 2013-06-21, 02:14   Link #7791
Skye629

Quote:
Who said anything about giving her lines?(it would be nice though)

I just want to see her do something to warrant the badarse rep she has. You know so I don't think of her as a pretty face with an informed ability. Sadly since she was meant to be a homage to Nami Tamaki it'll never happen.

Anyway, is there any hope of seeing Heine do more before he dies? Like a few more scenes showing his interaction with Athrun and the rest of the Minerva's crew? Or is it just wish full thinking on my part?
As its a remaster they can always sneak in more new footage to replace stock footage, I wouldn't be surprised to see some new Gouf scenes

Not too sure about brand new talking scenes though, as that would require the actor and him finding time in his schedule
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:17   Link #7792
S.Freedom

Smile

Well fine point out the obvious see if I care.

Seriously though, I'd settle for the "or something" honestly. If Nami wasn't going to voice her I don't see why they introduced her if she was just going to take up space.

@skye629 Well it wouldn't necessarily require TM Revolution to do more voice work. Just show him interacting with the crew while relaxing. Maybe shooting pool or something like that, anything to show why they care for the dude.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:25   Link #7793
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just make an Astray series and she’ll be alive all the way . Plus, she'll also get some spotlight (not just lines, but some actual conversations and interactions with other characters, and her kicking ass to boot).
Well, that problem is more or less solved with games like Gundam Seed Destiny Generation CE, where she has full voice roles

I love that game dearly. Still plays it from time to time...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:45   Link #7794
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, that problem is more or less solved with games like Gundam Seed Destiny Generation CE, where she has full voice roles

I love that game dearly. Still plays it from time to time...

- Tak
But it's only in games .
Old 2013-06-21, 05:12   Link #7795
n0m@n
C-Z

I like the edits done to the animation. I also like the song "Result". But the original closure of this episode(episode 13) by playing the song "Reason" sounded more suitable.
Old 2013-06-21, 05:26   Link #7796
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I thought that was a 00 trait......

The return of the Freedom scenes were very well done.

Still don't get why the target was only Lacus...... Why not Kira as well? They succeed in killing Lacus, then what? You have Kira coming to get you in the Freedom. Unless Durandel thought the death of Lacus would send Kira in an emotional tailspin......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 05:58   Link #7797
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
thought the death of Lacus would send Kira in an emotional tailspin
Yeah, If Lacus died in that episode, Kira would murder every one of those Ash's.
Old 2013-06-21, 06:49   Link #7798
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
And I'm not seeing any new/altered footage aside from the ending.
I think they remade the beam / rail gun effects when he maneuvers the Freedom to fire from an upside down angle. The effects now the same as they did in Seed remaster.

I was hoping they they'd redo character animation in this episode, a lot of it is still really poor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I actually think that the cold blank stare after they self destruct was better, than to have him react shocked
I agree, The original shot made more sense. It's not like he is seeing anything new here.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:50   Link #7799
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Still don't get why the target was only Lacus...... Why not Kira as well? They succeed in killing Lacus, then what? You have Kira coming to get you in the Freedom. Unless Durandel thought the death of Lacus would send Kira in an emotional tailspin......
Freedom was supposedly destroyed. It was last shown wrecked and hadn't been seen in two years. Based on the shocked reactions of the squad, it wasn't something they were expecting to be there.

Lacus could ruin everything by exposing Meer. Kira wouldn't be able to do jack without her in Durandal's mind (not knowing he still had Freedom and AA to use).
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 11:00   Link #7800
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Freedom was supposedly destroyed. It was last shown wrecked and hadn't been seen in two years. Based on the shocked reactions of the squad, it wasn't something they were expecting to be there.

Lacus could ruin everything by exposing Meer. Kira wouldn't be able to do jack without her in Durandal's mind (not knowing he still had Freedom and AA to use).
I shouldn't have implied that Durandel knew about Freedom's restoration. I meant did he expect Kira just to accept that she was assassinated and not get involved in some form or fashion? What about Athrun? I know he dismissed the idea when they met up in episode 24 that Durandel was involved and it was the terrorists, but if the attempt was successful, he would have pushed Durandel more.....

Didn't seem to be a good plan.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep