I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 18:27   Link #2101
Zeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
How about Orihime/Ichigo's mom connection?

Spoiler for pICTURE:
What connection? Aside from slight physical similiarity they don't have connection.
Old 2008-11-28, 18:35   Link #2102
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Time for the Westernier to start on this rant!

I dont Like her that much but i dont hate her as hell
One of the reasons why she is so whiny and sad sometimes now is cause of Ichigo
Ichigo never paid attention to her, thought its been like that for the whole time
He has shown to pay attention to Rukia more and more, Though even though she saved him he makes it look like he Loves her which is scary for Orihime.
Orihime just gets too pestimistic cause shes thinking about all those things how she can never triumph in anything like Love.
If she didnt behave that way she would most likly become even more annyoing
In every anime Theyre will always be a soft person weather its the main charecter(s)
or not. Although Im a total Fan of Rukia I feel sad about Orihime and what shes going through

Oh dont Run me over with a truck or anything but I Hate the IchiRuki >_>
I dont really know why but mabey cause im too attached with the RenjiRuki XD
Old 2008-11-28, 18:39   Link #2103
Scarlett_Rain55

Ichigo making her weak!? Psh pash, I've heard that argument plenty of times, and seen it get shot down every single time.

Ichigo ignoring her? Are you an anime watcher or do you read the manga?
Old 2008-11-28, 19:15   Link #2104
Sinta

We are still talking about this? Again, the stalking issue depends on definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Aye...a woman explains it so much better. The question is how persistent/senseless/mindless people are prepared to be about this issue.

Sinta, you forced Amir to own you. Usually he's so nice about things too.
Own me? It always kills me when people say that. From what I can see he is agreeing with me. How is that owning? Can you really "own" someone when you are agreeing with their position?

I kind of think this is a dumb issue but I maintain that inoue being a stalker depends on your definition. I want to say that i have never felt like Inoue was a stalker. I will reply however for the sake of argument. (The same with Rukia; though the key difference is that Ichigo wants Rukia there) I don't think she is not a stalker in the criminal sense of the word, at least I don't think you could prove the elements, but I think you can make argument that while she couldn't be convicted of the board definition of the crime some of her actions could totally be seen as stalking as well as other criminal elements. She goes into the room of another (breaking and entering) tries to kiss Ichigo (meaning she had intent; which could count as sexual assault) and there is the incessant following without invitation or provocation. Often in Stalking litigation the court will consider other crimes in the fulfillment of the stalking and if they can't get you on stalking they'll get you on something else. Inoue was gulity of other crimes. Again, I don't think that was supposed to be protrayed but just for the sake argument. I will leave it at that as I think this is sort of a silly conversation.

Quote:
There's not much difference between 'stalker' and 'lover'. When you're in love with someone you pretty much stalk them, but that doesn't necessarily mean the person has bad intentions. You feel better with them around than when they're not, so you go out of your way to keep in contact with them regularly. In an ideal world this would be a mutual thing, but in Inoue's case it isn't. Still it's difficult to label her a stalker when Ichigo clearly has no problem in seeing her, even if uninvited or unexpected. What evidence is there to say he doesn't enjoy Orihime's company? At most you could claim he's indifferent to her presence.
Ahh yes, there is also a thin line between love and hate but which would you rather have?

Quote:
Under that broad definition Rukia would be more qualified as a stalker. We actually see Ichigo's face show 'negative' emotion at certain points in the manga because of her over imposing herself in his life. I could make that argument, but then you'd say I'm nitpicking moments which are meant for comic relief. And you'd have a point. Just goes to show that the fact she 'stalks' Ichigo plays very little part in why people hate her, since no one is making that observation when it comes to Rukia. It's like an added bonus once the dislike has already manifested itself.
I don't see how Rukia could qualify under the broad definition; Ichigo wants her there. Regardless of their interaction and besides the beginning like the second chapter, Ichigo has always "wanted" Rukia around. (She left, he went after her. He expected her to come back after SS). Like you said, Ichigo is pretty indifferent to inoue; he doesn't want her in danger but he rarely seeks her out or anything of that nature. So i going to have respectfully disagree.

Ok Lets move on!! Questions!

So Ichigo is going to Fight Ulq right; inoue is there and has a host of character issues to overcome. I want to know and anyone can answer.

How long is this fight going to be?

Does Inoue actually help?

Does inoue resolve those issues or characteristics that people don't like in her personality?

If inoue does evolve, then how? and in what way?

I think I wills stop there. Interesting questions.

Last edited by Sinta; 2008-11-29 at 01:10.
Old 2008-11-28, 19:52   Link #2105
Scarlett_Rain55

Probably 10 chapters or more. It has to have more than the Grimmjow one.

Of course she will! Whether it be in a fight, or cheering Ichigo on! But I predict she's going to be the one to calm down Ichigo's hollow side, and tell him she still accepts him no matter what!

Does inoue resolve those issues or characteristics that people don't like in her personality?

If these issues involve "her love for Ichigo" then I highly doubt it.

Tsubaki is obviously going to have some sort of power up. Her healing has gotten stronger, and her shield has gotten stronger, and now her offensive power has to! I think she's going to deal the finishing blow to Ulquiorra.
Old 2008-11-28, 20:07   Link #2106
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Okay if Rukia or Orhime was a stalker they would have been hiding from him and not go up to him. They would have fallowed him everywere and hide. Think about it. A stalker is someone who follows another person closely, watches them from a distance... A generally creepy person who obsesses over one other person to the point that the person being stalked may take the stalker to court...

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-11-28, 20:13   Link #2107
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:

Probably 10 chapters or more. It has to have more than the Grimmjow one.

Of course she will! Whether it be in a fight, or cheering Ichigo on! But I predict she's going to be the one to calm down Ichigo's hollow side, and tell him she still accepts him no matter what!

If these issues involve "her love for Ichigo" then I highly doubt it.

Tsubaki is obviously going to have some sort of power up. Her healing has gotten stronger, and her shield has gotten stronger, and now her offensive power has to! I think she's going to deal the finishing blow to Ulquiorra.

I agree with you somewhat ( I admit after I been bashing her about the stalker thing. ) there; especially, letting Ichigo know no matter what she'll be there and be his friend. It would still be hard for him to get a full control over it, but it will help. Or even, he will push harder to control and be more powerful.

Well, in a way, Orihime did tell him. It doesn't matter if he was a hollow or not, she didn't want him to get kill. At the time, she afraid until Nel started talking about why they came to HM.

<---off topic

I mean three different teams wanted Kurosaki to join them. Even, Halibel said "it's like I'm watching two Espada fighting." In anime, she added something else to it. "it has dense 'evil' aura about it."

--->

For dealing the final blow to Ulquiorra, I cannot really say nothing on that.
She needs to step back, and think. If she's jealous of Rukia, she needs to be better than her, stronger and dependable. And not expendable.
Old 2008-11-28, 23:06   Link #2108
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Eh, I still Orihime is a stalker in a way, but let's just rest that topic in peace xD.

I hope Orihime does more than cheer Ichigo in the fight; like, maybe when Ichigo gets owned, she can finally use Tsubaki! =D

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-11-28, 23:07   Link #2109
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Good for her, but Renji's an idiot and unable to imagine how she feels(just like Ichigo). The outcome was a tear and years of separation. She's always able to hold her "get-yourself-together"-speech for Ichigo whenever he struggles, but in Renji's case she stays silent instead of giving him a kick in the ass :/ I just can't understand why, she never hesitates to expose Ichigo's lame ass no matter what so he pulls himself together. If it is for rules of society we are at duty>heart again, theoretically speaking.
Yeah, he was a idiot, and Rukia is not responsible for his idiocy. In short, they drifted apart for both of their immaturities (more Renji's than hers), and that's something they have to deal with. Rukia did, and she moved on (by the way, where did the "years of tears" came from? She did not spend years crying over it), I don't see anything wrong with that. She doesn't own Renji anything just because he spent the last 40 years obsessing over her, and it does not make their misunderstanding her fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
There's not much difference between 'stalker' and 'lover'. When you're in love with someone you pretty much stalk them, but that doesn't necessarily mean the person has bad intentions.
I don't think Inoue is stalking, but...WOW, just wow. It's like one of those people who got caught sending disturbing letters to celebrities and claims that they are in love...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post
What connection? Aside from slight physical similiarity they don't have connection.
Like...they are both female?

Last edited by Marionette; 2008-11-28 at 23:23.
Old 2008-11-28, 23:29   Link #2110
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
How about Orihime/Ichigo's mom connection?

Spoiler for pICTURE:
Their hair is orange. WOW, what a connection!

I guess I could compare myself to like...Horikita Maki too then (we both have black hair!)!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-11-28, 23:56   Link #2111
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼

gee people of course we know the girl isnt perfect but come on now picking at every little thing

"omg she's soo emo"
"omylord she's so weak"
"omgsh she's soo fat"
"omgee she's such a stalker"
"omfg i wish she would just die already"

i know this is a "why the orihime hate thread" but seriously this whole thing is overrated and overly repetitive, cut the girl some slack

in the words of rodney king why can't we all just get along =D?? ok i've put in my 2 cents so im gonna go right about... now
Old 2008-11-29, 00:10   Link #2112
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Their hair is orange. WOW, what a connection!

I guess I could compare myself to like...Horikita Maki too then (we both have black hair!)!
Except neither of their hair is orange, and they are different colors.
Old 2008-11-29, 00:13   Link #2113
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can see Orihime looking somewhat like Ichigo's mother in the future *this has nothing to do w/ shipping, just a speculation*
Old 2008-11-29, 00:18   Link #2114
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I can see Orihime looking somewhat like Ichigo's mother in the future *this has nothing to do w/ shipping, just a speculation*
She could dye her hair, and get a perm, and a breast reduction, and work done on her face...it could happen
Old 2008-11-29, 00:23   Link #2115
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

ya know pretty much all of that is irrelevant right? since I'm obviously speaking when Orihime gets older.

sidenote: unless it's said somewhere else she was younger...I'd be willing to bed Ichigo's mom was in her 30's when she was killed

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-11-29 at 00:44.
Old 2008-11-29, 01:04   Link #2116
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
We are still talking about this? Again, the stalking issue depends on definition.
I hear your exasperation dude and I second it. God what a done issue. Who the hell cares if she's stalking him or not? Does it make ANY difference whatsoever to where their relationship stands now? None. So leave it alone for the sake of all our eyes - I don't need to see more walls of text blocking out the daylight.

Quote:

Ok Lets move on!! Questions!

So Ichigo is going to Fight Ulq right; inoue is there and has a host of character issues to overcome. I want to know and anyone can answer.

1.) How long is this fight going to be?

2.) Does Inoue actually help?

3.) Does inoue resolve those issues or characteristics that people don't like in her personality?

4.) If inoue does evolve, then how? and in what way?

I think I wills stop there. Interesting questions.
1.) The fight will be broken up with whatever is happening back in K-town, sort of like how Kubo did the Captains vs Espada when they entered HM. I'm betting in total it'll probably be 5 chapters, unless he REALLY wants to milk it in which case it'll be a sad, pathetic waste of our time to read.

2.) Fuck no.

3.) Hells no.

4.) She won't evolve. She'll blab the same candy nonsense about how important friends are to each other, how they give each other strength, blah blah blah. She'll be drawn beautifully but her words will be flat because Kubo has no design to make her character substantive or interesting. She's always going to be nothing more than a mouthpiece for whatever observation he wants to make about Ichigo's development.

From my own perspective,
Spoiler for space:
Old 2008-11-29, 01:31   Link #2117
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
She won't evolve. She'll blab the same candy nonsense about how important friends are to each other, how they give each other strength, blah blah blah. She'll be drawn beautifully but her words will be flat because Kubo has no design to make her character substantive or interesting.
Given prior chapters, I can't rule that out. Honestly, as long as her words are only to cheer Ichigo, they're typical shounen tripe. But if she could somehow manage to talk Ulquiorra down, and with sharp arguments instead of shounen love fluff, I'd give her at least some coolness points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
From my own perspective,
Spoiler for space:
Ulquiorra has no personal beef against Ichigo, aside from his determination to make a point to Orihime. From that point of view, the fight really is about him and her having competing philosophies of life. Friendship or cold logic? Sadly, instead of Orihime being allowed to express the power of love and determination herself, that damn Ichigo will serve as the vehicle. And hence neuter much of the respect Orihime might have gained. I'm hopeful she intervenes meaningfully though.

I wouldn't rule out Orihime going to take out the Hogyokou, by the way.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-29 at 01:41.
Old 2008-11-29, 01:41   Link #2118
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I wouldn't rule out Orihime going to take out the Hogyokou, by the way.

That's fine, since neither am I, but that hardly helps Ichigo in his immediate fight does it?

Also, Ulquiorra will fight Ichigo because he knows Ichigo won't back down. Ichigo's pride and determination sicken him since he sees his entire mission as futile. It's not so much to prove a point to Orihime, as it is to teach Ichigo that it doesn't matter how badly you want something if you aren't strong enough to attain it. Before Ichigo has his power up, he's going to get thrashed REAL good. He will very likely be within a hairsbreadth of death before he gets help.
Old 2008-11-29, 01:51   Link #2119
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

bah...the way I see Orihime trying to help will end up w/ the same result as it did w/ Yammi when she tried to help Ichigo...

Though I can also see Ulq ignoring Orihime enough, even knowing of her abilities, to give her enough time to surround him w/ her shield thingy and see her try to reject him from existence. Seeing himself slowly disappearing...he'd break the shield, worst result, he'd kill her since she made herself very threatening.

*day dreaming* Unohana steps in to fight Ulq >_>
Old 2008-11-29, 06:47   Link #2120
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Own me? It always kills me when people say that. From what I can see he is agreeing with me. How is that owning? Can you really "own" someone when you are agreeing with their position?
Eh? Relax man, it's just friendly banter. Didn't mean to offend you or anything. Thanks for clarifying, it makes more sense to me now even if I don't fully agree. I'll get straight to answering your questions.

Considering the Grimmjow fight was around a dozen chapters, this fight should be a little longer than that.

Of course, her and Ulquiorra have a score to settle.

I think it will resolve a few issues people are having with her, but not all of them.

I don't think she's going to wtf pwn Ulqy or anything. Actually, I'm not even sure Ulqy will even lose.

So far we've really only seen Orihime's healing abilities at work, and next I think we'll see just how strong her defensive barrier has become, as it hasn't really been tested recently. Tsubaki, I feel will be saved till later on, near the end. One thing I do see happening is Orihime receiving a "Royal Realm" powerup just as Chad did when he arrived in HM, as I still believe she is connected to the Royal Family somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
I don't think Inoue is stalking, but...WOW, just wow. It's like one of those people who got caught sending disturbing letters to celebrities and claims that they are in love...
Aww I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?
Closed Thread