LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

Has anyone consider subbing it yet?
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 12:03   Link #22
ginrai1984
100% silver voltage

it might not be the right topic to ask this,but still:

does anyone know why yui makino did so few voices so far this year?
ginrai1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 17:02   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginrai1984 View Post
it might not be the right topic to ask this,but still: does anyone know why yui makino did so few voices so far this year?
She graduated from Tokyo Music University in March, having majored in piano. I think studying kept her from being more active over the past year. And I think she is concentrating a bit more on her music career than on anime, right now. She started up a new fan club recently, and the profile there describes her as a "vocalist, pianist, and actress."

I think this is the perfect place to ask that question, by the way. In the forums where there can be several threads for one show, one of those threads is usually "appreciation and discussion" of the voice actors.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:41   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The more I watch this, the more I like it. The music is good. The pin-ball and explosion visuals are fun. The voices work. The story has possibilities. The situation -- with a race of "adapters" who can adapt quickly to changed environments such as hard vacuum -- is unique. Reminds me slightly of Linda Nagata's novel Vast, with its full-on nanotech transformations. The glorious en-sunflowerment of Amuri. The pain of Amuri's past.

But you have to be able to take long minutes of little-girl squeaks as Amuri bounces off things. Lolis in space, indeed. But real science-fiction. And art. The only actual fanservice, besides the pseudo-kisses as characters bump into one another lips first, is when Amuri disrobes off-screen and her underwear floats through space. EDIT: Well, I now see a couple of other things people could call fanservice, but this is nothing at all like Kanokon or Moetan. It's more at the level of Nanoha.
Spoiler for ep1 summary:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-30 at 21:14.
Old 2008-06-30, 12:58   Link #25
FireChick

I finally got the courage to watch a RAW of this on Veoh. Its not FULL of fan-service and I think I might actually like this. Yunque is cute. How come Perrier is confined to a chair? and why was Yunque in some giant green container?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 20:54   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
... How come Perrier is confined to a chair? and why was Yunque in some giant green container?
During the preview for ep2, there is a listing of the characters' info.
Spoiler for ep1:
By the way, "yun-que" is Chinese for "cloud-sparrow," and is pronounced something like "yoon-chooeh."

And by another way, I see there is now a sub available. Maybe that will get this show the attention I think it deserves. It's certainly a moe show, which makes it gold for some people and dross for others. And the total CG is pretty bold and will turn some people off. But I'm glad more people will get to watch it, anyway. As long as you just accept the fantastic events, I think the show works.
Old 2008-07-05, 20:37   Link #27
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I usually hate fully 3-d shows, but I have to say that was pretty damn brilliant. The way they did the refracting fights was spectacular and the plot exposition through the little drawings was worked in so naturally throughout the show as to not screw up the shows pacing one bit.

Its a shame this is just a short OVA series...Certaintly wouldn't mind watching more of something so imaginative and fun.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 04:34   Link #28
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

But wow. I mean, WOW were the graphics just absolutely incredible. I thought Freedom in all its 3D anime glory was amazing, but now I almost have to take back that opinion. Amuri is simply one of the prettiest 3D anime I've ever seen and that even counts in some 3D CG-centric stuff like in Ghost in the Shell movies.

I think Amuri in Star Ocean just proved that loli/moe/fanservice stuff can all be done in 3D and in perfect form. I thought the girls would be a bit off or have their proportions all warped because we only see them in 2D form, but I was wrong. VERY wrong. The girls are absolutely cute and the action just works in 3D. The show still feels almost too clean due to it being made in 3D, but wow. I'm just blown away by the visuals in this one. The weird space-magical-girl stuff was pretty cool too. And Amuri's past was sad too.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-07-11 at 07:34. Reason: Removed link to site with licensed content.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 07:39   Link #29
4Tran

Here's the moral of the story. If you can't find a particular fansub, mentioning download sites is the same thing as posting a link. If this is to a site that only posts unlicensed material, then it's okay, but if it isn't, then the comment is only going to get deleted.

As it happens, the show in question is listed on the main site: http://animesuki.com/series.php/1269.html.
Old 2008-07-17, 17:09   Link #30
FireChick

I wonder when the next episode will be out?
Old 2008-07-17, 18:04   Link #31
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
DVD volume 2: 07/25 according to the official site.
Old 2008-07-29, 16:29   Link #32
FireChick

Oh. Okay then. I also noticed something. Have you noticed that Yunque's sleeves are so long that they're actually tied so that you can't see her hands? I wonder why this happened?
Old 2008-07-30, 11:11   Link #33
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

ep 2 is out, can't wait for the subs.
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 12:03   Link #34
FireChick

Me too! I wanna see it!
Old 2008-07-30, 12:12   Link #35
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Spoiler for ep 2:
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:13   Link #36
FireChick

I finished watching this episode and...WHAT THE EVERLOVING BLOODY FLIP?!?

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2008-08-24, 18:44   Link #37
FireChick

The DVD for the 3rd episode comes out in September 26 in case anyone's wondering. And THIS ONE's gonna be more about Perrier! I feel so bad for her! Suffering like that...!!

I need to find those songs! They're so good!
Old 2008-09-10, 18:40   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Subs for episode 2 have now shown up in the library.
Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2008-09-10, 23:33   Link #39
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Whoa!

Spoiler for ep.2:

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2008-09-11, 19:52   Link #40
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow they've managed to do it again and completely surprise me with the shift in tone. The first episode was very cute and even alittle poignant with our Heroines backstory, but this time around I found the stories even more involving. The way they juxtaposed the cute of the episode against the girls painful pasts and the sudden violence that was completely missing from the more comical first episode really sucked me in completely.

Its a shame though that they made Suzu's outfit like that though...

But still overall a very colorful and fun exploration of some age old and very real emotional problems. Shame that the show isn't more popular, but I guess people take one look and write it off as shallow and silly...Meh their loss.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loli