AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 10:13   Link #61
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I really like HXH so far, at times it's a bit slow and it has a few minor issues - lack of action at times, and I found the response to people dying strange, it's shrugged off without much thought, a behaviour I can understand from mercenaries and trained professionals but not from rookies let alone a 12yo kid. I guess after seeing a manmonkey get killed he's already used to it? :/ But nevertheless I found it very enjoyable throughout and I agree that the GI Final OVA is the best one so far. I like the characters, their development, and the storylines up till now. The exam period wasn't that boring to me, and I thought the cooking exam was actually pretty funny (Menchi is a madwoman hehe) even if it was a bit unexpected. Hunters are weird.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 06:46   Link #62
niidel

I kinda know why people like Naruto more than HxH: While Naruto starts with a badass skyscraper-tall nine-taled demon fox and a few hundred ninjas trying to fight it , what does HxH start with? A kid fishing... (And EVERYBODY knows that NINJAS ARE COOL and FLIP OUT and KILL ANYONE THEY WANT).

In fact, when I was into ep 20 or something in HxH, I asked a friend of mine (who had watched it for some time and had said that it's, like, the best thing ever happened) if something really worth watching happens in the series. Yep, the real action starts in ep 40 or something :P Which IS kinda long :P

Hunter x Hunter is good... but I dunno if it's much more than that (I'm into ep... 50 or something in the TV series). Oh well, gotta watch more HxH ->

And yeah, I do like Naruto too
niidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 11:47   Link #63
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The arc that you're prolly in right now is the best arc imo... hell, even the tournament tower mini arc was good too... a lot of people like the hunter exam arc... it's a good way to introduce the world of Hunter x Hunter and it was kinda entertaining... but I still think that the Kurapica/spider arc is the best arc in the tv series... it's get noticeably darker and the fights get a bit more serious... and everyone is busting out nen!
Old 2004-07-31, 11:55   Link #64
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
The arc that you're prolly in right now is the best arc imo... hell, even the tournament tower mini arc was good too... a lot of people like the hunter exam arc... it's a good way to introduce the world of Hunter x Hunter and it was kinda entertaining... but I still think that the Kurapica/spider arc is the best arc in the tv series... it's get noticeably darker and the fights get a bit more serious... and everyone is busting out nen!

The best part of hunter x hunter is the krapica OVA's. Total pwnage.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 15:49   Link #65
Za Paper

When does Hunter X Hunter get good?

I'm up to ep 20, still part of the hunter exam but so far the show hasnt really grabbed me like Naruto. Does the show get better after the exam or can I expect more of the same? I think the problem for me is Gon is annoying with his all the time happy attitude.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 15:55   Link #66
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The hunter exam was entertaining enough for me... but I think the story starts to gets even better a few episodes after the exam... then you will start see all the different powers/fighting and cool story arcs...
Old 2004-08-10, 16:33   Link #67
Azrael

The best parts are when the gang is fighting the Ryoden (around ep 50), also the OVA's friggin own. (They come after TV Series). This is because, a.) Better animation quality (much much better), b.) alot darker, violent, c.) because they have special... powers :P just wait and see . Anyways personally i didnt like the first 20-30 episodes but after that it really got me hooked.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 18:28   Link #68
shugundamfreak

I love HXH. my fav. arc was the sky city tower arc alot and the GL final arc. I like the parts when they train and get stronger. The one thing i like about this show compared to other shows is that main character isn't the all powerful one on the show it's a welcome change to find the main character can't beat everybody in the planet in a fight.
shugundamfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 21:43   Link #69
donna8157

I just started watching this show and it's really entertaining. ^_^ My favorite characters definitely are Killua, Hisoka, and Kurapica. Anyway, are they planning to do more HxH after GI Final or will GI Final be the end of the series?
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 21:51   Link #70
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

There will probably be another OVA or something... but not any time soon for sure...
Old 2004-08-11, 14:35   Link #71
Draikan7

my fav arc is the one with the ryoden's. also, hisoka is just bad ass, my favorite char.
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 01:24   Link #72
IntegraTypeR

The last couple episodes of the GI Final OVA have been soooooooooo boring too me. I like how its playing out like an accual RPG but the bomber (forgot his name because I just don't care) and his henchman are so lame. Hisoka is crazy.
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 01:48   Link #73
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I read all of the hxh manga before I saw some of the anime, they just don't compare. That bomber dude was not only cool he was very funny and ruthless. In the ova he looks a bit tame and stupid
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 19:58   Link #74
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I've been rewatching HxH today, and there are a few things I am wondering about...

- What exactly was the reason that Killua went back home, leaving Gon and the rest behind? Aside from speculation on some kind of hypnosis it's never really explained. Did he feel bad about it and and didn't want to face them?
- Why did Karuto (Killua's sister I presume) call back Mike and thereby save Gon? She did seem to show interest in him, but I have no idea why.
- Where are the rest of the Zoaldyeck brothers, since there are supposed to be 5? Aside from Killua, Illumi and Buta, I can only recall seeing some freakish guy in the Ryodan/Mafia war arc but not even sure that's one of them.

Last edited by Trax; 2004-08-14 at 11:26.
Old 2004-08-16, 21:23   Link #75
Trax
Rock beats scissors

*bump* for above questions, plus:

- Why didn't Kurapika actually engage any of the Ryodan when they assaulted the auction area? He could've picked one off if he wanted to, but he stayed rather passive.
Old 2004-08-17, 10:14   Link #76
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
*bump* for above questions, plus:

- Why didn't Kurapika actually engage any of the Ryodan when they assaulted the auction area? He could've picked one off if he wanted to, but he stayed rather passive.
Because the other Spiders would come to his/her help and would have cut Kurapica in tiny little pieces?
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 15:14   Link #77
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Meh, with that reasoning he shouldn't even have bothered joining the 10 assassin squad. He could've done something if he waited for the proper opportunity, there probably were a few. Although the spiders were divided into pairs, you did see a few by themself at times.

Anyone got an idea on those other questions? (perhaps the manga answers some of those, I dunno)
Old 2004-08-17, 17:26   Link #78
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Meh, with that reasoning he shouldn't even have bothered joining the 10 assassin squad. He could've done something if he waited for the proper opportunity, there probably were a few. Although the spiders were divided into pairs, you did see a few by themself at times.

Anyone got an idea on those other questions? (perhaps the manga answers some of those, I dunno)

- What exactly was the reason that Killua went back home, leaving Gon and the rest behind? Aside from speculation on some kind of hypnosis it's never really explained. Did he feel bad about it and and didn't want to face them?
- Why did Karuto (Killua's sister I presume) call back Mike and thereby save Gon? She did seem to show interest in him, but I have no idea why.
- Where are the rest of the Zoaldyeck brothers, since there are supposed to be 5? Aside from Killua, Illumi and Buta, I can only recall seeing some freakish guy in the Ryodan/Mafia war arc but not even sure that's one of them.
- Illumi told Killua that because he's an assassin he'll never have friends, and that he should do what he's told and go home, otherwise Illumi might attack Gon.

- Meh, I guess because she thought he was interesting, nothing more is said on it in the manga.

- Those 5 might include Karuto, I thought it was 5 siblings, not 5 brothers.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 19:24   Link #79
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ahk, might have been a wrong translation, the freaky guy is probably nr 5 then. Other possibility is that the tourguide (which mentioned the fact) had faulty information.

Oh, I also found it a bit odd that alot of the Injiyuu were freaks, while pretty much all other Nen users were normal looking people. Was disappointed they didn't show anything of the fight of the last 6 Injiyuu vs the Ryodans.
Old 2004-08-18, 01:57   Link #80
hooliganj
Team Player

It would have been too sad to watch. The Injyuu were really bad.

Quote:
I don't think he would have been able to keep any of them seperated.

Spoiler:

As for a new OVA, they'll probably wait a while, since the manga is still on the story arc that immediately follows Greed Island. Teaser for non-manga readers: Kite is back, and he's a total badass.

Since this is my first post to this thread, I'll add this: I like Hunter X Hunter a lot, and I don't go around spamming the threads for shows I don't like with troll messages. So who's audience acts like children? But that's old news.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote